New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

"I apologize if I gave offense. It is customary among my kind that when one offers hospitality by opening the door to one who knocks that one allows them to sit. Do you not recall me knocking?"

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomancy to mollify him: (d20+18)[31]

and a bluff to convince him that he did indeed invite me in: (d20+16)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Your post does not appear so I cant see the rolls... will edit after the post.

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #63

The man relaxes a little bit but he doesnt seem to believe you.

"I am pretty damn sure I aint invited no half-a-man in my home but I dont really care. I have nothing for you to steal and I do not care what happens to me..." he says and collapses in one of the other chairs and takes a swing of the bottle.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    damn it! a 16 modifier and I still can't pass a bluff!

"Okay, so maybe I let myself in the door when you opened it. I'm here to investigate the disappearances of several children recently, and I was hoping you could help me find them by telling me what you know."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #65

Spoiler
    Show

There is a negative modifier with telling someone "dont you remember a minute ago when you told me to enter a sit down?" ... its not as bad as "look a red dragon right behind you" but its there...

At least your high diplo is kicking butt and making unfriendly individuals willing to talk to you!

At the mention of missing children he finishes the last gulp from the bottle and throws it towards your general direction. He misses by more than 5 feet and the bottle shatters against the wall. As you see more details of the living room you see other bottles in similar condition.

"Missing children? I lost my boy! I lost my Johny! HE IS GONE and noone can bring him back! He just left! It tried being a good father after Suzy died but to no avvail..." he says in a jumble of words.

"I came back late from work some days ago, dont even remember how long ago it was... I kissed him good night and he refused to talk to me. He told me I was drank and that his mother wouldnt approve. I was angry but I never rose my hand to him. I went to bed furious. Then just after midnight I went to take a piss and he was not in his bed. The door was closed, the windows were closed. The Guard said that none of the locks have any signs of being violated... thus he opened from inside and left..." he says and whimpers.

"He just left..."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    a certain young boy in green tights is flying around town convincing kids to leave and join him in never-never land to escape abusive or neglectful parents and never have to grow up!

"It is not your fault. You love your son, and he knows that, deep down. Everyone deals with grief in their own way, and glasses of beer are better than abusing the son you love, as my own dear daddy did. I'm sure that by now your son is lost and scared and realizing that running away was a mistake, and that he loves you and misses you. If I can, I will get him back. If there is anything more you can tell me, about the situation, anyone strange or new in his life, did he happen to frequent a certain plaza recently?"

Spoiler
    Show
    bluffomancy - (d20+16)[25]

LG doesn't have a clue about his father. Never met him or his mother. that was a lie to build an artificial connection.

diplomancy - (d20+18)[31] once more, for good measure.

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler
    Show

Its either him or the Piper... I was hard pressed at choosing.

"I dont know. Its not as if he was going to school. He was running errands as a messenger boy and similar small jobs. I dont know if he was going to any plaza's for that!" he says some relief in his voice at your words.

"He only had a friend, a girl that lives accross the street. Her name is Jana and she was his age, 11, other than that nothing else stands out... he did pester me more about getting a pet but I refused, I didnt want no stinking dog or whatever it was he wanted in my house and he said he had found a cute one to call a pet and would keep it outside but I never saw anything after all..."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you. I believe I will have to speak with Jana. Unless she has also come up missing? Would not surprise me if she did. That would also lend evidence to my theory."

9. - Top - End - #69

The father raises an eyebrow as he looks at you.

"Actually no... at least not since the morning when I heard her father sending her off..." he says and rises from the chair and heads to a cabinet from where he takes another bottle and uncorks it.

"If that is all I would like to drink now... you can find your own way out and if you want to do any of this detective work searcing feel free... its not as if the Guard bothered other than looking at the locks..." he says and spits on the dirty floor.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"I thank you."

Little Green will go invisible and let himself out.

He then walks next door and knocks at the house where Jana lives.

11. - Top - End - #71

A couple of minutes later the door opens and you see a small girl dressed in a pink dress looking from behind the door.

"Hello...?" she asks not seeing anyone outside the door.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"I am a friend. May I come in?" Little green asks in his most friendly tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomancy - (d20+18)[25]

13. - Top - End - #73

The girls eyes widden as she hears the invisible voice.

"I... I ... guess... but please dont speak to loudly or my uncle will he...." her soft voice is interrupted by a bellow.

"JANA? Who is at the DOOR? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? DID I NOT TELL YOU NOT TO OPEN THE DOOR UNLESS I AM THERE?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry. I am a fairy and I need your help. Just invite me inside and I'll tell you everything. Your uncle will never know."

Spoiler
    Show
    bluff - (d20+16)[22]

15. - Top - End - #75

The little girl looks behind her shoulder and back towards the empty space trying to make a decision.

"Noone uncle John. I'm sorry I run to the door I thought it might be Auntie Helen but I guess it was just kids making pranks..."

"This is the LAST time Jana, next time I will punish you so that the lesson sinks in" the voice calls out again.

"Come in and be quiet, we can go to my room" whispers the girl softly and closes the door.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green enters and follows the girl up to her room, holding her hand in his for reassurance.

"Don't worry, he can't see me or hear me." Little Green Whispers.

To prove his point, he sneaks along behind her, taking 10 on ms for a 24.

17. - Top - End - #77

The sweet, trusting, defenseless little girl takes you to her room giving worried looks left and right as you do so.

She closes the door of her room as the two of you enter and looks expectantly towards your last known location.

The room itself is very sparsely decorated, a small bed, a chair and an old closet are all there is to it. There is a window that is firmly closed yet you can feel the draft coming in from it. There are only a couple of rag dolls as toys in the room and an overused painting set next to which you see some colorful paintings.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you for trusting me, Jana. I am Talehos, guardian fairy to all children in need. I have come to you because I need your help. There was a boy who lived across the street from you. Do you know his name?"

Little Green has a special soft spot in his heart for children, Like him, they were small and weak. He felt it important to protect them from bullies. Preferably, but leaving the bullies entrails all over the street.

Spoiler
    Show
    I promise you, there is a darker side to this character besides mischief, but children are his one weakness. He does not like people who hurt children, whether it be mentally or physically.

also, here's another low bluff roll - (d20+16)[18]

19. - Top - End - #79

Spoiler
    Show

A dozen children jump from nowhere and start hugging LG asking him to quit his mad dreams about grafts and stay with them... for ever.... and ever... and ever...

She nods emphatically.

"Timothy! He was my best friend in the world although Uncle John didnt like him much! He said I should not hang out with boys or they may make me damaged goods... whatever that means!" she says innocently.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"I see. When did you last see him?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-07-26 at 06:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

She looks a bit shifty at this.

"Well, 10 days ago. We had met out in the street to chat and my Uncle saw us. He was furious that I had disobeyed him and said he would keep me locked in my room for a month if I saw him again... and then we came home" she says and pauses trying to listen in case anyone is close to her door.

"But then Timothy came to my window and he told he had a plan. He would wait until my uncle and his dad were asleep and he could come see me so we could talk till the morning... I waited and waited but he never showed up!" she says and her voice breaks.

"Do you think something bad happened to him Talehos? Its my fault isnt it?" she says about to start tearing up.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

He walks over and hugs her. "No, dear one. It is not your fault. It is your uncle's and his father's faults for being evil men who separate fast friends and it is the adult or whoever it is who is taking children away from their homes. Go ahead and cry, for it is good to cry when you are missing your friends. Just do not let the tears overwhelm you. I must go now, but I will come back tomorrow and stay with you for a while. It is not good for little girls to not have friends."

Little Green suspects that this girl just might be the next one to disappear, and he means to disappear along with her.

"Do you think you can be brave for me and keep my secret?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-07-26 at 06:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

The girl sobs and nods.

"Yes, I can and I will Talehos" she says between sobbing and sniffing her nose.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

He waits patiently until she has cried herself out, comforting her. Once she is finished, he will ask her to open her window and will leave through it.

25. - Top - End - #85

She cleans her face and smiles a bit.

The she does as you ask and smiles at the thin air you represent as she closes it after you.

"Farewell Talehos!"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Be brave, little Jana.

Talehos will go to the other locatoin he knows about which is not the woman his employer is paying him to seduce.

27. - Top - End - #87

He arrives at Anna's house. Its much nicer than the two houses you have been so far. Most of the houses in this area belong to servants of either powerful families or of Mage's houses.

There are flower pots in the porch though they have not been watered for some time.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green decides to take a completely honest approach to this one, just to shake things up.

He knocks on the door, dropping his invisibility.

29. - Top - End - #89

A woman in her early thirties opens the door, she has hair caught in a modest bun and fairly pretty characteristics that are marred from black circles around her eyes indicating lack of sleep and crying. Her clothing is that of a well to do servant and she seems to have been preparing to leave her house when you knocked.

"Hello? I am afraid I'm in a bit of a hurry, please make it quick." she tells you.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"I am here to help you find your missing child. Or at least to find out where she has been taken, enabling others to rescue her and the other missing children."

diplomancy - (d20+18)[36]

Spoiler
    Show
    dang it! once more, my diplo rolls are high and my bluff rolls are crap!
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-07-26 at 07:43 PM.