New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

Spoiler
    Show

Haha sure that would be fun... we can have her be a super child paragon something :D

And your followers can be children... creepy as that might sound.

He leaves with no issues. The girl stays at the window for a while smiling sadly.

Where does he go?
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will meet with Mr Grafty just as he is supposed to to get his dragonbone grafts and find out if there's any work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #243

Spoiler
    Show

Need to get ready for work. Will update from there... that will be in 45-60 minutes :D

I'm already late! Heavy morning posting!!!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, when you do, I will either be asleep or should be.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #245

The good professor receives you in his laboratory.

You see that there seem to be two slabs of a fine polished black stone next to each other. The one is empty while the other is... occupied by something under a large, clean white sheet.

Unlike what you read in stories about mad wizards and deranged alchemists everything here seems very clean and neat. You see a set of magical instruments next to the two slabs as well as a young novice that you had seen in the arena during the duel.

The man smiles at you encouragingly and motions for you to remove your clothing and sit on the empty slab.

"Obsidian my boy! It is a bit cold perhaps but it helps maintain the field that one's body has to protect itself from outside influence. What we do here is difficult and though not painful as such your... lower half will be sore for the next few hours. As the shock of the grafting would be too great to an awakened organism I would like to ask you to lower your mental defenses so that I may unsure you are asleep during the procedure" he says kindly and honestly.

If you comply he uses a suggestion to have you sleep and not awaken during the procedure and indeed you fall into a dreamless state of sleep.

You awaken some time later and you do feel a change in your lower half. It is as if you have gained something without losing anything. Looking around you see that you are in a much more comfortable bed rather than at the laboratory. The novice that was sitting next to you has brought in the Professor as soon as you started stirring.

"Ah! Welcome back Little Green! I hope everything feel fine! Perhaps you will want to give it a test in a little while!" he says with a smile and shows you the door.

"When you are done return to me as I may have a task for you!"

Spoiler
    Show

I have something in mind but is there a particular -style- of mission you would be interested in? We already did mystery/horror so it could be something more action packed perhaps. Up to you depending on how you want to go!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm up for anything

Little green will test out the new leg grafts, appreciating very much the utility and versatility of increased athleticism. An hour later, he returns. "The graft was successful and looks good. I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of them."

7. - Top - End - #247

As you return you see your employer relaxing in the same armchair as last time.

He is smoking his pipe though he is not drinking. Across him a small table has been set with a chair fitting for you and a table is set with a rich meal prepared.

"I trust your jumping and climbing and all that are improved then! Splendid. I am glad to hear you find the work good enough..." he says and waits for you to sit and begin eating.

"In case you are interested Eliza is doing well. I have spoken with her mother, delivered her the child and pumped up my involvement off course. I believe everything is working out towards the completion of my goals" he says with a sly smile.

"But now on to business. Tell me Little Green... what do you know of the entity known as..." he pauses and his voice drops to a whisper " Suedomsa if you were to invert the letters?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green ponders for a moment to consider just that.

Spoiler
    Show
    suedomsA:

knowledge-religion - (d20+14)[29]
    knowledge-arcana - (d20+14)[19]
    knowledge-the planes - (d20+14)[27]
    knowledge-history - (d20+14)[19]
    knowledge-local - (d20+14)[23]
    knowledge-nobility and royalty - (d20+14)[21]

9. - Top - End - #249

Spoiler
    Show

Religion and planes is what is appropriate here.

Asmodeus is an Arch-Devil of the Nine Hells and the Overlord of the Dukes of Hell.

Other arch-devils have made numerous attempts to overthrow him, but Asmodeus has retained his position all through the Reckoning of Hell, unlike many of the other arch-devils. Asmodeus is lord of Nessus, the Ninth Layer of Hell, though he is generally recognized as lord of all Baator.

He is the strongest, most cunning, and most handsome of all devils and it is said that the drops of his blood which touch the ground grow into powerful devils, normally Pit Fiends that are mad with rage and the desire to kill.

He is believed to have once been an angel, servant of lawful Gods created to fight the demons of the Abyss. Only after thousands of years of fighting his motives changed and he slowly became more focused on revenge, retribution and punishment and eventually was cast out by the Gods he once served.

Some stories speak of how he tricked the Gods into allowing him to create the Nine Hells because he explained to them that if mortals did not have something to fear for, punishment, they would not follow the paths of Good.

However, they eventually realized that fewer and fewer mortal souls were ascending to the Upper Planes, and Asmodeus was deliberately tempting mortals to damnation. When they arrived in Baator, the gods found that Asmodeus had turned it into a nightmarish world of endless suffering, filled with countless new devils. When called to account for his actions, Asmodeus uttered the famous words, "Read the fine print."

In his quest to bring more and more souls to Baator so that he gains greater power Baator promises powerful humans to aid them and as such asks them to create cults that propagate his worship.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

"You could say I am passing familiar with the Lord who once served the light but now has a more hellish design."

11. - Top - End - #251

He raises an eyebrow.

"Splendid!" he tosses you a few coins. A platinum, a gold and a copper.

"What you may not be familiar with is that there is an ancient legend saying that whenever his name is spoken he can see at that location, hear what is being said and even read the thoughts of whoever said it..." he says seriously.

"Check the coins, tell me what is interesting about them..."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will examine them while saying "I had surmised as much, and took the initiative not to use it myself."

Spoiler
    Show
    do you need a knowledge check?

knowledge-arcana - (d20+14)[33]
    knowledge-local - (d20+14)[31]
    knowledge-religion - (d20+14)[29]
    knowledge-nature - (d20+14)[26]
    knowledge-nobility and royalty - (d20+14)[27]
    knowledge-history - (d20+14)[32]

13. - Top - End - #253

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge local and nobility :D

There is something wrong with these coins. At first you dont realise but as more time passes and you examine them it becomes obvious.

On the back side, where the Kings head normally is, small changes have been made. Whoever is cutting this coins has added small differences to the coins including letters that seem to create the following phrase.

-Through Coin (platinum) we offer you (gold) our fealty ...(copper)-

"The silver is bit more obvious I'm afraid" he says and tosses you a silver coin after taking the other ones away from you with a magic hand.

As you flip the silver coin you see what looks like a daemonic visage on the back of the coin "Oh Asmodeus" is said above it.

"One by one all but the silver coin are unimportant. When brought together something happens... something bad." he says and looks at you seriously.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed I would imagine so. Does it summon the being itself or just a powerful agent?"

15. - Top - End - #255

"Neither. The coins duplicate, the metal being real, and those of us with the gift to check those things feel the soul of the individual just grow a tiny bit smaller...

Do you realise what that can mean if its found out by the masses?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Everyone would be selling their souls en-masse to gain wealth, which in the long run makes none wealthy and only destroys the value of the currency of the land and condemns everyone to hell. The source of these coins must be found, the creator eliminated, and every last trace of these coins destroyed."

17. - Top - End - #257

The man nods.

"Very astoute of you. Indeed the source must be found and the creator stopped but I would not mind picking their brains first about how they do it. In addittion to that killing him would mean we dont have a chance to ask him who is involved in this conspiracy... so capturing him alive may somehow be more usefull. But otherwise you are absolutely right!" he says and smiles grimly.

"So, are you up for the task? It wont pay for your whole next graft but it should cover most of the value AND give me time to find the speciment!"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, that sounds like a plan to me. Do you have any leads that I can go on or will I have to try and dig them up on my own?"

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, my plan for how to go about this is to pretend to join whatever cult is behind this and bust them from the inside out.

19. - Top - End - #259

"I have four people... the people from who I got those coins... one or more may be cultists as I have confirmed they are the coins last owner. Even if none of them is a cultist then they got the coins from a cultist themselves and were aware of what they do..." he says and gives you a parchment containing the names.

"Be careful Little Green. I am not sure you or even I alone could thwart the whole cult but this is only us trying to twart this plot of theirs... we will see how we proceed in the future. Whoever made those coins is either powerful or has powerful masters and allies... let alone the fact that their controller... Him I do not name, might have given them servants to protect them."

Spoiler
    Show

That works for me! Do you like the idea? :D

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sounds great.

"Indeed. Best way to eat a dire rhino is one bite at a time. Might look into seeing if I can find myself allies in this."

Little Green will take the names and head over to the temple of Tiamat.

When he arrives, he says, "Greetings in the name of She Who Rules the Dragons. I'm just a little green acolyte of her majesty that would like a word with a priest of the Scaled One."

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomancy - (d20+19)[25]

21. - Top - End - #261

The preaches who is calling to the faithful outside the temple smiles pleased at your obeisance.

"Go inside, ask for Brother Pursivant." he says and he continues his work.

The inside of the temple is made of the same multicolored marble as the outside; however, the walls inside are inlaid with precious stones and metals in the forms of the various chromatic dragons and their ilk. There are a number of stone benches in the room and an altar near the front. There are three people in various locations in the room sitting silently in prayer. A large set of double doors are to the right of the altar and guarded by two burly men.

As you walk in a man dressed in multi-colored shimmering robes walks out of the doors and approaches the altar offering a bow to it before turning to look at those praying.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"Brother Pursivant? A little green disciple would like a moment of your time."

Spoiler
    Show
    While he is asking about that, he tries to recall what Tiamat's realtionship with the Lord of the Hells is, friendly or otherwise.

knowledge-religion - (d20+14)[24]

23. - Top - End - #263

The man turns his attention to you and raises an eyebrow.

"Very well. What is your name servant of the Mother of Scales?"

Spoiler
    Show

What he knows is that Tiamat is said to reside in her own sub-plane of the First Layer of the Nine Hells and that the Lord of that level, the Pit Fiend Bel has gifted her with a number of Baatezu Nobles to serve her.

Whether this meets the approval of Asmod.... er Him is not clear though its doubtful Bel would displease his Master.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Names are for great beings such as dragons. It is not the place for little green servants such as I to take upon themselves names. Call me Little Green for want of something to call me."

diplomancy- can't believe I almost forgot to roll one - (d20+19)[37]

25. - Top - End - #265

"Very well Little Green, well said and I am happy to see you realise your position in the hierarcy of the Mother. So how may I help you today?" he asks a pleased smile on his face...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"I have recently come across something my own lowly lips are barely worthy to utter and the ears of most men are not worthy to hear."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Little Green feels neglected...

you updated Ish twice....

28. - Top - End - #268

Spoiler
    Show

Was updating from mobile! Re-rolling the failed rolls didnt need much thought :D

Plus there are 2 more PCs waiting for me there so...

The Cleric looks intrigued and has a look around and frowns as he sees the other faithful.

"Very well. Follow me my boy, let us go somewhere more private." he says and strides towards the door motioning to the guard to open it for him.

They do so and he walks inside the darker interior of the temple.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green follows after brutally murdering the two hapless guards in the entrance, assaulting a sacred fist of the ebon order, and picking a fight with an aspect of Tiamat.

Once the two of them are secure, Little Green says, "First, allow me to beg of you a question, if I may be so bold. Our Great Queen is a mighty goddess, the only one truly worthy of our fear and admiration. However, she is not the only one who resides in the Nine Circles. There is a certain archlord who rules the ninth layer, whose name I am not worthy to mention, and I was curious to know what the opinion of we who serve the Dragon Mother is to they who crawl for the Lord of Hell."

diplomancy - (d20+19)[29]

30. - Top - End - #270

He takes you to an empty "monks cell". It seems to have been emptied and refurnished recently and the floor is sparkling as if having been cleaned extensively.

"Hmm... Him. Yes... well... there is little interaction between the Lord of the Pit and our Lady. Different Portfolios, different goals and aims. They are not enemies so to say but they are not allies either... He is said to have created that plane but I doubt He could cast Our Lady out even if he wanted to... on the other hand he is rather obsessed with His beliefs and his War of Blood with the Demons of the Abyss and the Upper Planes..." he pauses considering this.

"In a way his struggle is reminiscent of our Lady's fight against her idiotic brother though thei affairs matter little in reality unlike the affairs of Dragonkind" and you detect obvious smugness as this.

Spoiler
    Show

The main thing that puts Tiamat and You Know Who (Lord Voldermort) together is alignment... they are both Lawful Evil and facets of that alignment in many ways!