New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 6

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance, there are some ponies that call the forest home as well.

A small business district has started to grow, with a Bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, Snow Cone Stand, Dance Academy, and even a Soda Bar popping up for the citizens of the town. They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a Farm and a Wizard's Tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

Locations Covered in this Thread

Character homes:
    Obvious
    Civic Center: Run by Sweet Dreams, volunteers welcome. The Civic Center is a very large building located on a large amount of enchanted cloud, with a large enchanted cloud staircase leading up to it.
    Nightclub: Run by Purple Pepper. No posts in it so far.
    Knack's Farm: Run by Knack, with some hired hooves. It's a very large farm, somewhat far out of town, and Knack grows about every imaginable fruit or vegetable there.
    Streets: Obvious
    Fox Trot's Dance Studio:
    A dance place run by Foxtrot where he trains foals and rents it out every once in a while. Especially if the price is right, or you threaten to feed him to a massacre wurm.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-03-19 at 09:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 6

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Nightmare Night soup. A spicy Fillydephia soup with carrot and other vegetable. Brings out the monster in a pony, my skeletal friend." answered Grills as he poured the pony a bowl. "Name's Grills. Owner of the fanciest restaurant in town. The class of Bridle Shores."
    Surrounded by all of the fun Shadow's initial nervousness subsides "Nice to meet you Grills, my name is Shadow Chaser. I just moved here from Manehattan a few days ago." He grabs the bowl with levitation and takes a good whiff of the soup. His nostrils already were burning and he hadn't even tasted it yet!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 6

(repost from old thread)

"For a bowl, I won't ask for a soul." Grills chuckled wickedly as he floated a full ladle into a bowl. With both forelegs he passed the soup forward. "But I might ask for a favor in the future."
    "Oh?" The short pegasus looked mildly concerned. "Well so long as it's not tomorrow mornin'; I'm already claimed for then." It took him a bit to figure out how to handle the bowl without magic, but he finally got a few sloppy sips in. Immediately, his ears perked up beneath his bandana and his eyes widened. "Phew!" he exclaimed, wiping his mouth with a foreleg. "Now that's a soup worth a favor!" He continued to happily slurp down the spicy brew; hot foods such as this were his favorite.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Oh?" The short pegasus looked mildly concerned. "Well so long as it's not tomorrow mornin'; I'm already claimed for then." It took him a bit to figure out how to handle the bowl without magic, but he finally got a few sloppy sips in. Immediately, his ears perked up beneath his bandana and his eyes widened. "Phew!" he exclaimed, wiping his mouth with a foreleg. "Now that's a soup worth a favor!" He continued to happily slurp down the spicy brew; hot foods such as this were his favorite.
    "Thank you. It'll be available year round at my restaurant." commented the infernal chef.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
    Surrounded by all of the fun Shadow's initial nervousness subsides "Nice to meet you Grills, my name is Shadow Chaser. I just moved here from Manehattan a few days ago." He grabs the bowl with levitation and takes a good whiff of the soup. His nostrils already were burning and he hadn't even tasted it yet!
    "Manehattan. I have a business meeting in Manehattan in a few weeks. Wonderful city. What brings you here Mr. Chaser?" Grills stated. His horn twinkled and summoned a bit of smoke up from his hooves.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

"MmmMmmm, that smells mighty good, but then again, it is the product of my almost as dashing look a-like,"
    Fox Trot said aloud from where he stood in line for his bowl of stew. He gave a friendly wave to Grills.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Manehattan. I have a business meeting in Manehattan in a few weeks. Wonderful city. What brings you here Mr. Chaser?" Grills stated. His horn twinkled and summoned a bit of smoke up from his hooves.
    "I was just tired of all of the hustle and bustle a big city brings with it. My family used to visit here when I was younger, and I always liked the feel of the town. Hopefully I can find a job to help supplement my royalties, being a writer sadly doesn't pay too well. Oh, and you can just call me Shadow." He looks behind him and notices that he is holding up the line "I should probably let some other ponies get soup rather than holding up the line. Thank you for the soup, hopefully we can talk again soon!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox Trot

"MmmMmmm, that smells mighty good, but then again, it is the product of my almost as dashing look a-like,"
    Fox Trot said aloud from where he stood in line for his bowl of stew. He gave a friendly wave to Grills.
    Whether or not Grills returned the wave, Fox Trot ended up getting served by another pony clad in a black hooded cloak.

Wordlessly, the assistant ladeled out the soup into a bowl and placed it and a napkin in front of the knight pony. There seemed to be something wrong with the napkin though, a stain? Fox trot leaned in closer to inspect it.

It was writing:

"Do not attempt to harm the villagers on this night, 'Celebration Planner' Remember, I am watching.

- Z"

When he looked up, the assistant had vanished.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Whether or not Grills returned the wave, Fox Trot ended up getting served by another pony clad in a black hooded cloak.

Wordlessly, the assistant ladeled out the soup into a bowl and placed it and a napkin in front of the knight pony. There seemed to be something wrong with the napkin though, a stain? Fox trot leaned in closer to inspect it.

It was writing:

"Do not attempt to harm the villagers on this night, 'Celebration Planner' Remember, I am watching.

- Z"

When he looked up, the assistant had vanished.

Fox Trot-Enter the Zorroan Zone

"Bhwuhuh..."
    He noised as that was all that could come out of his mouth after this...weird and generally creepy feeling. It didn't help that it was Nightmare Night which only added to the creepy and kinda scary feeling.

He swished his head back and forth, side to side trying to find this cloaked mystery stranger, but it was actually kinda hard with so many ponies out and about right now in various costumes, some almost looking a like even if they were dressed up as something wholly different.

"Uh...can I get a different bowl of stew...?"
    He cautiously asked a nearby server, possibly one of the members of the Pepper family who might be dressed up as one of the little pony devils.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Gear stared at her coltfriend for a moment and found herself frowning and nuzzled him, this time not out of trying to fluster him in order to be off his game. "Babe...does it really mean that much to you to win this?" She pawed at the ground with a hoof.
    Sliverpine shook his head. "You know I don't really care about winning, Gear..." He fumbled for the right words to express what he thought of Gear's antics. "I... I just wish I wasn't so easily distracted..."

"Mmmm, I still have to convert you to my nana's cheese enchiladas, mild version, which means just less spicy,"
    He grinned brushing his nose against hers. Though of course, he still needed to get a new stove for that. He had been secretly saving money on the side. "But yes..I think I will fancy myself a bowl of sweet smelling deliciousness." A quick kiss on the princesses' cheek and he scampered off to go get in line for some stew.
    Icy smiled as her coltfriend went off to join the crowd, presumably to devour his bowl of stew. She turned to Mystic and Faithful. "So, um... have you two been together for long?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine shook his head. "You know I don't really care about winning, Gear..." He fumbled for the right words to express what he thought of Gear's antics. "I... I just wish I wasn't so easily distracted..."
    "............." She dumbly and guiltily stared at Silverpine. "You know what babe....we don't have to play this silly game any more."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"............." She dumbly and guiltily stared at Silverpine. "You know what babe....we don't have to play this silly game any more."
    "Gear... are you alright? I thought you loved these games," Sliverpine said, looking at her with concern. Poor stallion was oblivious to Gear's wiles.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"Gear... are you alright? I thought you loved these games," Sliverpine said, looking at her with concern. Poor stallion was oblivious to Gear's wiles.

"They're alright and stuff I suppose................"
    She said with a liarjack expression that didn't last long. "Okay...I admit...I'm using the sexy to distract you."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you. It'll be available year round at my restaurant." commented the infernal chef.
    A few enthusiastic slurps later, and Sandy had drained his bowl completely. "I'll think I'll stop by then, see if it's good on non-Nightmare Nights. Could I have some more, please?" He held out his empty bowl to the pony-devil-chef.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"They're alright and stuff I suppose................"
    She said with a liarjack expression that didn't last long. "Okay...I admit...I'm using the sexy to distract you."
    Sliverpine blinked as Gear made her little admission. "You... you were doing that on purpose...?" he said slowly, shaking his head. A brief expression of disappointment flashed through his face. He brought a hoof up and slowly caressed her cheek. "Gear... you really didn't have to do that. I'm sure you'd beaten me either way," he continued.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-01-03 at 11:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine blinked as Gear made her little admission. "You... you were doing that on purpose...?" he said slowly, shaking his head. A brief expression of disappointment flashed through his face. He brought a hoof up and slowly caressed her cheek. "Gear... you really didn't have to do that. I'm sure you'd beaten me either way," he continued.

Gearstride- Having some BIG drama/sarcasm mode ;D

"...Well I was just trying to ensure victory...gyah.......I'm too competitive,"
    She brought a hoof to her forehead and shook her head.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Icy smiled as her coltfriend went off to join the crowd, presumably to devour his bowl of stew. She turned to Mystic and Faithful. "So, um... have you two been together for long?"

Umm, no not all that long. Mystic says, a little embarrassed. We just really like each other. she says, hence why she dressed up like this.

(Just FYI, it's Sweet Dreams not Faithful Song. I may have mixed the two up and written the latter in at one point)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A few enthusiastic slurps later, and Sandy had drained his bowl completely. "I'll think I'll stop by then, see if it's good on non-Nightmare Nights. Could I have some more, please?" He held out his empty bowl to the pony-devil-chef.
    The pony dressed as if from the Nine Hecks smiled. He happily poured Sandy another bowl. "Of course. Eat your fill. The Grill exists to fill pony bellies."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
    "I was just tired of all of the hustle and bustle a big city brings with it. My family used to visit here when I was younger, and I always liked the feel of the town. Hopefully I can find a job to help supplement my royalties, being a writer sadly doesn't pay too well. Oh, and you can just call me Shadow." He looks behind him and notices that he is holding up the line "I should probably let some other ponies get soup rather than holding up the line. Thank you for the soup, hopefully we can talk again soon!"
    "Big city life is like that. Nice to meet you Shadow. Stop by the restaurant sometime when there is no festivities going on."

Fox Trot

"Of course only my close to a clone would have the senses sensitive enough to smell my soup's might."
    shouted Grills back boisterously. He poked out a steady hoof for a strong wave. "Fox trot, How are you?!"
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-01-03 at 07:34 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course only my close to a clone would have the senses sensitive enough to smell my soup's might."
    shouted Grills back boisterously. He poked out a steady hoof for a strong wave. "Fox trot, How are you?!"

"Uh.....cautious, that's the word I suppose,"
    Fox awkwardly chuckled as his eyes darted around looking for that cloaked stranger who served him this bowl of stew he did not want.

"Uh..well I'm just hoping I can get a bowl of different stew...this one...was served to me by a uh rather suspicious pony who I don't believe was one of yours."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Umm, no not all that long. Mystic says, a little embarrassed. We just really like each other. she says, hence why she dressed up like this.

(Just FYI, it's Sweet Dreams not Faithful Song. I may have mixed the two up and written the latter in at one point)
    "So I see..." Icy said wryly, eyeing the two. They certainly make a cute couple, if nothing else.

"Have been in Bridle Shores long? I'm a bit of a newcomer myself. Rather odd town at times."

Gearstride- Having some BIG drama/sarcasm mode ;D

"...Well I was just trying to ensure victory...gyah.......I'm too competitive,"
    She brought a hoof to her forehead and shook her head.

Sliverpine closed his eyes briefly. Why Gear? Why did you have to do this? He opened them again, and smiled reassuringly. "Competition is only fun if they're fair, Gear. Otherwise there isn't much point to them."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine closed his eyes briefly. Why Gear? Why did you have to do this? He opened them again, and smiled reassuringly. "Competition is only fun if they're fair, Gear. Otherwise there isn't much point to them."

"...Yea...I know you're right...I'm just not particularly fond of losing...heh...mmm,"
    She nibbled on her lip in some thought. ".............Okay...I'll be good this time, scout's honor." Not that she was ever in the filly scouts, but that's not the point.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Yea...I know you're right...I'm just not particularly fond of losing...heh...mmm,"
    She nibbled on her lip in some thought. ".............Okay...I'll be good this time, scout's honor." Not that she was ever in the filly scouts, but that's not the point.
    Sliverpine grinned. "Does that mean I get a rematch?" He licked her cheek fondly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Sliverpine grinned. "Does that mean I get a rematch?" He licked her cheek fondly.

"Wha...I guess, if by rematch you mean only one round, winner take all,"
    She cursed lightly under her breath, she kinda didn't want to play this anymore. The pony in charge of the game watched in boredom and disinterest at this..whatever you can call that 'moment' of theirs. He wished he had other ponies playing right now as there were other 'webs' set up but so far just these two had showed up. Oh well, tough luck on him.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wha...I guess, if by rematch you mean only one round, winner take all,"
    She cursed lightly under her breath, she kinda didn't want to play this anymore. The pony in charge of the game watched in boredom and disinterest at this..whatever you can call that 'moment' of theirs. He wished he had other ponies playing right now as there were other 'webs' set up but so far just these two had showed up. Oh well, tough luck on him.
    "Sure. Only one try," Sliverpine said chuckling. "Loser needs to makeout with the winner. Fair?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Uh.....cautious, that's the word I suppose,"
    Fox awkwardly chuckled as his eyes darted around looking for that cloaked stranger who served him this bowl of stew he did not want.

"Uh..well I'm just hoping I can get a bowl of different stew...this one...was served to me by a uh rather suspicious pony who I don't believe was one of yours."
    Grills sniffed the other stew and swilty burned it to ash. There was nothing noticeably wrong with the soup by his nose but it was too cold for his liking. He then floated over a fresh bowl. "Here buddy A knights food should be not tainted, for sure.."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure. Only one try," Sliverpine said chuckling. "Loser needs to makeout with the winner. Fair?"

"Oh...those are lose conditions I can deal with,"
    She smiled giving him a fond nuzzle. At this point, it doesn't matter who is decided victor, better, a swipe to after the game.

Grills sniffed the other stew and swilty burned it to ash. There was nothing noticeably wrong with the soup by his nose but it was too cold for his liking. He then floated over a fresh bowl. "Here buddy A knights food should be not tainted, for sure.."

"Absolutely, thank you very much can't wait to dig in,"
    He would have slurped it up right there...but..darn armor was in the way...and he needed all four hooves on the ground. 'Well I'mma go find a picnic table to sit down at...well after I invite my fillyfriend and company to sit down, better than talking and standing up and all that."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh...those are lose conditions I can deal with,"
    She smiled giving him a fond nuzzle. At this point, it doesn't matter who is decided victor, better, a swipe to after the game.
    (Cut to after the game?)

"May the best pony win," Sliverpine said, winking. He got two more spiders from the stall-pony and passed one to Gearstride.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

(Cut to after the game?)

"May the best pony win," Sliverpine said, winking. He got two more spiders from the stall-pony and passed one to Gearstride.
    No one could explain what just happened when they tossed their spider after the other. But there on the net one plush spider was smack center on the 'web' and the other one right on top of the previous spider. Wha...

Gearstride stared blankly in what the hayness. 'Wait...if we both won...there was no loser...and the loser has to make out with the winner. Does that mean no make out? This is shenanigans." She then trotted over and knocked her spider down on the ground with a hoof. "Oh look, I'm the loser."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

No one could explain what just happened when they tossed their spider after the other. But there on the net one plush spider was smack center on the 'web' and the other one right on top of the previous spider. Wha...

Gearstride stared blankly in what the hayness. 'Wait...if we both won...there was no loser...and the loser has to make out with the winner. Does that mean no make out? This is shenanigans." She then trotted over and knocked her spider down on the ground with a hoof. "Oh look, I'm the loser."
    Not to be outdone, Sliverpine stepped up and knocked his off as well. The stall-pony would probably be wondering what the hay is going on. "Whops, I guess I lose as well. Guess that means we both have to give each other makeouts." He winked at Gearstride cheekily.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Not to be outdone, Sliverpine stepped up and knocked his off as well. The stall-pony would probably be wondering what the hay is going on. "Whops, I guess I lose as well. Guess that means we both have to give each other makeouts." He winked at Gearstride cheekily.
    "Oh no, I can't believe we both lost," She said in a monotone voice. "Oh sigh...double make outs. Oh woe." She then grinned at Silverpine. "Saw a nice spot by the bushes when we walked that short walk over here. I'm sure a dashing thief such as you would find a neighponese school filly's lips a worthy steal."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Absolutely, thank you very much can't wait to dig in,"
    He would have slurped it up right there...but..darn armor was in the way...and he needed all four hooves on the ground. 'Well I'mma go find a picnic table to sit down at...well after I invite my fillyfriend and company to sit down, better than talking and standing up and all that."
    "I'll see. Have fun then. Return with your friend so their bellies be filled and fattened." he chuckled, playing the part of a scheming devil.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater