New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

There's an excellent guide for GK players that I don't have a link for right now, but it should turn up on google. It recommends getting as many tactical squads as you can as cheap as you can; nothing more than your nemesis swords and storm bolters. Pepper them a little with psycannons.
    Thanks to NEO|Phyte for the Black Templar avatar. You will kneel before the God-Emperor, or you will be knelt.

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Well yes, its the best idea for the core of the army. i guess he will understand someday... he has 0 experience.
    english not base lenguage, sry for the grammar, thanks.

Kael Proudmoure, Swifblade (avatar by Loki Eremes)
    Unlimited arcane technique: Spell, Sword, and Fist.

3. - Top - End - #63

Purifiers are troop choices makes them ok, but from what I understand, Castellan Crowe isn't really worth it. A grandmaster or a librarian is far more valuable on the field.
    Thanks to NEO|Phyte for the Black Templar avatar. You will kneel before the God-Emperor, or you will be knelt.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by graymachine View Post
    Purifiers are troop choices makes them ok, but from what I understand, Castellan Crowe isn't really worth it. A grandmaster or a librarian is far more valuable on the field.
    Problem is, you need Crowe to have Purifiers as Troops. Otherwise they're Elites.

If you're using Purifiers as Troops, it's probably worth it to give them Halberds. The reduced cost and increased attacks of Purifiers makes them a lot more worth it.

That said, GKs are pretty decent no matter how you build them. Unless your metagame is highly competitive you can run fun-lists easily and still have good odds.
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-07-27 at 04:46 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

5. - Top - End - #65

You can always just take a unit as an Elite choice with some spare points and get most the effect. (You don't need everything to score after all)
    So... Tired...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarinaky View Post
    You can always just take a unit as an Elite choice with some spare points and get most the effect. (You don't need everything to score after all)
    True, but he did say his friend wanted as many Purifiers as possible. And if you're going to do that, best to take them as Troops.

I settle for running a single unit as Elites myself.
    Last edited by Tome; 2011-07-27 at 05:48 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

7. - Top - End - #67

Purifiers don't really have the bang for their buck for me, but if he wants to build an army around them more power to him. I'd recommend (admittedly with little experience, but I've read a lot on it recently) to maximize the point value he's paying for them, which includes the cost of Castellan Crowe. Aside from his making them troops, he's pretty tepid for his cost. I'd offer suggestions, but my codex is back home.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, I need to lose a bunch of friends, and quickly. Problem is, I've never played a Mech list since I generally hate them so much. So, I've dusted off my Imperial Guard Codex and busted out the following list;

Spoiler
    Show
    Primaris Psyker - 70 Points

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Vendetta - 130 Points
    Vendetta - 130 Points

Leman Russ (x2) - 330 Points
    Hull Lascannons

Leman Russ Executioner - 190 Points
    Total: 1240/1250

I'm considering dropping the two Leman Russes for Colossi, so I can deal with infantry slightly better and possibly transferring the Lascannons to the Executioners, since unless I'm playing Tyranids or Mephiston, I'll probably never start with the Vendettas on the board.

So, needs more tanks. Except probably better tanks.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #69

Actually, I think that is at the heart of the IG mindset: "Need more tanks." it defines the base drive of the IG player; even if I'm winning, I should fielded more tanks.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Do your executioners have plasma sponsons for maximized templaty goodness?
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    So, I need to lose a bunch of friends, and quickly. Problem is, I've never played a Mech list since I generally hate them so much. So, I've dusted off my Imperial Guard Codex and busted out the following list;

Spoiler
    Show

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Vendetta - 130 Points
    Vendetta - 130 Points

Hull Lascannons

I'm considering dropping the two Leman Russes for Colossi, so I can deal with infantry slightly better and possibly transferring the Lascannons to the Executioners, since unless I'm playing Tyranids or Mephiston, I'll probably never start with the Vendettas on the board.

If you want take this
    Psyker Battle Squad-10 in a Chimera
    -(away from Codex) X+55+Y(Chimera Upgrades)
    On a turn, use them to lower an enemy unit's Ld to 2 then blast them down to a Morale Check, then watch them run.

12. - Top - End - #72

smile Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

why not just get one or two punishers, should deal with most infantry heavy lists pretty effectively.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

dope avatar Lomp, the Horse by Honest Tiefling

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gabado View Post
    why not just get one or two punishers, should deal with most infantry heavy lists pretty effectively.
    Not really.
    Heavy 20->10 hit->(against Marines)5 wound->2 die
    Normal Battle Cannon(lets say it hits 4)->3 wounded->3 die, or 1 dies when in cover.

14. - Top - End - #74

smile Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Quote Originally Posted by Craftworld View Post
    Not really.
    Heavy 20->10 hit->(against Marines)5 wound->2 die
    Normal Battle Cannon(lets say it hits 4)->3 wounded->3 die, or 1 dies when in cover.
    i meant against nids, orks, or even another guard player. against power armor, the punisher won't do jack, but against an alien horde? i'm tiered so i won't do the math, but you'll certainly inflict more than 2 wounds.

also i clarified by saying infantry heavy, power armored units rairly out number ten models, and with the exception of Templars, few space marine chapters can be described as "infantry heavy."
    Last edited by gabado; 2011-07-28 at 02:21 AM.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

15. - Top - End - #75

DwarfFighterGuy

i meant against nids, orks, or even another guard player. against power armor, the punisher won't do jack, but against an alien horde? i'm tiered so i won't do the math, but you'll certainly inflict more than 2 wounds.

also i clarified by saying infantry heavy, power armored units rairly out number ten models, and with the exception of Templars, few space marine chapters can be described as "infantry heavy."
    The executioners already cover MEQ killing via plasma template spam.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iyaerP View Post
    Do your executioners have plasma sponsons for maximized templaty goodness?
    No, because then they'd cost more than he's listed them as, clocking in at 230 points.

And here I thought you only took Executioners if you were a tailoring rat bastard.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #77

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    No, because then they'd cost more than he's listed them as, clocking in at 230 points.

And here I thought you only took Executioners if you were a tailoring rat bastard.
    Yeahhhhhhh I don't know codex prices for stuff on account of not actually playing the game. Its one of those things I would do if I had about 5x the disposable income that I currently have. So I do things like buy and read fluff books, lurk at the local gamestore watching games, lurk in this thread, etc.

So I have a marginally solid idea of what is awesome, but rarely know the exact rules-specific reasons for why, and almost never know the $ or points costs unless I can find it somewhere to reference.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, there is that. But, the other thing is that AP2 is much more relevant now. See, once upon a time it used to be 'just' Terminators, Nob Bikers and Plague Marines you had to watch out for.

Now Sanguinary Guard are in the mix with their 2+ armour, the entire Dark Eldar army and Blood Angels all have FNP now (if they're doing it right) which is a pain in the arse to deal with, and now you've got the occasional unit of Musical Wounding FNP-bastards known as Paladins. And Terminators, Nobs and Plague Marines are still in the meta-game being jerks.

Still RP, if anyone was going to help me I would've thought it was going to be you. Unless my list was perfect on the first go?

To go back to the thread; Punishers are terrible. Heavy 20 is all well and good. But, all those 'horde' armies that it's supposedly good at killing, all still get saves anyway (woo AP- is so good), and that's not even including Cover saves.

And Colossi get rid of both - but aren't Leman Russes. Well, there's the Eradicator. But those're awful. Because Colossus that's why!
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #79

Well, there is that. But, the other thing is that AP2 is much more relevant now. See, once upon a time it used to be 'just' Terminators, Nob Bikers and Plague Marines you had to watch out for.

Now Sanguinary Guard are in the mix with their 2+ armour, the entire Dark Eldar army and Blood Angels all have FNP now (if they're doing it right) which is a pain in the arse to deal with, and now you've got the occasional unit of Musical Wounding FNP-bastards known as Paladins. And Terminators, Nobs and Plague Marines are still in the meta-game being jerks.

Still RP, if anyone was going to help me I would've thought it was going to be you. Unless my list was perfect on the first go?
    Well, if you want my help. But I can't seem to win a game to save my life lately, so I don't know how much my advice is worth.

At any rate, with that stated, my thoughts:
    Sure. Cheap HQ, but with Guard that's sometimes the point. I've never tried one, as I don't have a model for it.
    Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns
    Best loadout there is in this metagame. I tend to put these in Chimeras, but I assume in this case they're going in:
    Vendetta - 130 Points
    Vendetta - 130 Points
    Don't have models for these either, but three twin-linked lascannons on a fast skimmer for 130 points with meltavets in the back is never bad.
    Hull Lascannons
    Ehhhhh... I've never gone for the lascannons myself, but then again, you're not fielding an infantry blob with them. So sure.
    Your opponent will blow these up as rapidly as possible if he has infantry heavy enough to care about them. If he's anything like my opponents, he'll seize the initiative and do it immediately, or kill them right off as soon as they come out if you keep them in reserve. (My very expensive Demolisher with multimeltas tends to bite it to single krak missiles or lascannon shots to the side armor a lot the turn it comes out.)

I've never used a Colossus because I don't have a model or the skill/wherewithal to convert one. Ignoring cover saves is quite tasty, though. I tend to use a Hellhound and/or Bane Wolf for that purpose, but having a mortar way in the back corner works with less risk to the vehicle, I'd imagine. (Barring, of course, the ubiquitous drop pod assault straight into the back line, remembering of course that the initiative is seized five out of six games, rather than not. )

The story of my latest loss, since my bitterness over it seems to be seeping in: It was a training game for some new people. I showed up at the game store for 40k night expecting to sit down to some terrain modeling, since there was nothing scheduled, but I got drafted to play. For some reason (probably the fact that the newbies involved had large, shiny, well-painted armies straight off of Ebay that they wanted to use most of) they wanted to learn in a 5000 point team game, 1250 per player. I didn't have a list ready at that points level with me, so I sat down and banged one out based around an older 1k point list. (Mistake #1.) The list I put together in a godawful hurry was as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Company Command Squad - 200
    -Medi-pack, carapace armor
    -Three plasma guns
    -Chimera dedicated transport

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Three meltaguns

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Three meltaguns

Infantry Platoon - 225
    -Platoon Command Squad
    --Vox-caster
    --Lascannon team
    --Power fist
    -Infantry Squad
    --Lascannon team
    --Power weapon
    -Infantry Squad
    --Vox-caster
    --Lascannon team

Hellhound - 130

Leman Russ Battle Tank - 190
    -Heavy bolter sponsons
    -Camo netting

Leman Russ Demolisher - 195
    -Multimelta sponsons

Everyone else played Codex Marines. I was partnered with one of the new players, while the other side was two others, one of whom had a few games under his belt and was inclined to be enthusiastically wrong about how cover rules work. The other side had a Land Raider Redeemer and was generally meched up more than I was, which is highly unusual in my metagame, to the point of actually being a game changer for me from here on out if they stick around. (Right after another game changer, at that, namely the fact that everyone builds to beat me and is generally successful at it since I rolled into the metagame with the first meched-up army and proceeded to steamroll most of it thanks to people bringing enough anti-armor to deal with the occasional Razorback, not a mechanized infantry company escorted by a tank platoon.)

We roll for scenario and come up with Capture and Control in spearhead deployment. (Crap. Hate spearhead.) I keep both meltavet Chimeras and the Demolisher in reserve so that they can come in somewhere useful later rather than jamming up the parking lot that is our deployment zone.

They seize initiative. A Dreadnought drop pods in on our objective and proceeds to multimelta my battle tank, but rolls snake eyes for penetration. Everything goes downhill from there as the Redeemer full of Assault Termies rushes forward flanked by Rhinos and a las-plas Razorback. This actually brings the Redeemer in assault range of my ally's CCW/plasma cannon Dreadnought, which he deployed as far forward as possible, having no drop pods. A lascannon shoots the Hellhound's inferno cannon off. Our turn comes up. My ally moves his Dreadnought to assault the Land Raider while my battle tank trundles away from the enemy Dreadnought. My platoon then fails to receive orders, and fires on the Land Raider. At this point things get screwy, as the Land Raider's owner insists that the Dreadnought obscures 50% of his vehicle, even though the lascannons can clearly see it. He claims this doesn't matter, because some of the Guardsmen with lasguns are behind the Dreadnought - even though they aren't firing models, as there's no point firing a lasgun at a Land Raider. (And it's arguable whether the Dreadnought covered half of the damn thing anyway.) I rightfully blew it up, but he claims a cover save and was inclined to argue about it until I had to leave for work if necessary, so I let him have it just to get the game moving and he made the saves. My battle tank shoots a combat squad in the back, kills everyone except the guy with the lascannon, but he fails his Morale check and runs off the table anyway. The Dreadnought assaults the Land Raider, gets a shaken result on it.

Turn two. They drop some Terminators in our backfield from reserve. Joy. Land Raider drives away from the Dreadnought, proceeds to blast my platoon out of cover with a Flamestorm cannon thanks to its bloody machine spirit. It's hard to kill all of a two squad blob with one template, though, so the lascannons and sergeants survive, and the sergeants hold the squad together so they don't break. The enemy Dreadnought blows my battle tank to kingdom come in assault. Our turn comes up. A meltavet squad and the Demolisher come in. Lascannons fail to phase the Redeemer again, my vaunted plasma command squad kills all of one Terminator with two Gets Hot! results (carapace armor saves both gunners, however), the meltavets open fire on the Land Raider from outside melta range and do nothing, and the Demolisher blows up a wayward Rhino. My ally's second Dreadnought, a rifleman, shoots the enemy Dread in the back and blows it up, expanding the crater started by my battle tank. The first Dreadnought assaults the Land Raider again, again to no significant effect.

Turn three. They deep strike more Terminators, this time in their backfield between my Demolisher and their objective. They move the occupants of the Rhino my Demolisher had blown up to assault with their power fist, but a single krak missile hits the side of the tank and proceeds to roll boxcars for penetration and damage result before they get the chance, an occurrence that is far more commonplace than it has any right to be. The Redeemer flames some more of my platoon to death, and disgorges some Assault Terminators, three Hammernators and two with lightning claws, who proceed to multiassault the Chimera full of meltavets and two Rhinos my ally had cleverly parked nearby, destroying them all. Our turn comes up. My last meltavet squad comes in, but at this point it's getting close to time for me to leave for work, so I give it up.

An interesting note: The scatter dice never rolled anything but a direct hit all game. Deep strikers went exactly where they meant to, and templates hit exactly where they were aimed. Every time.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2011-07-28 at 05:02 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of 2500 point games, I've got a game scheduled with that very same opponent next week. I'm pretty stoked, as it feels like I haven't played in forever. (It's been like a month, but...eh.)

This is the list I'm tossing around in my head. I really want more chainfist lonewolves running around, but I'm partnering with another local space wolf player, and have to keep in mind that:
    1) He'll want to run the standard Logan Bomb strategy, as thats what he's had the most success with in the past.
    2) Not play without Arjac Rockfist in a drop pod in any game above 500 points.
    3) Is an Ork player at heart. Things will be getting assaulted, probably when they shouldn't be. Must do my best with listbuilding to make sure that doesn't end badly.

So for critique and discussion (and error checking):

The Sons of Russ Ride Again!
    Spoiler
    Show

270 - HQ - Wolf Lord Valkur - Thunderwolf Mount, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw, Runic Armor, 2x Fenrisian Wolves, Saga of the Warrior Born,
    205 - HQ - Canis Wolfborn - 2x Fenrisian Wolves
    275 - HQ - Logan Grimnar
    155 - Elite - Iron Priest Sverrir, Thunderwolf Mount, 4x Cyberwolves
    135 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard, 1x terminator w/cyclone
    180 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard, 1x Terminator w/Assault Cannon, 2x combi-melta - Drop pod
    305 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard , Arjac Rockfist, terminator w/Cyclone
    260 - Fast - 4x Thunderwolf Cavalry - Storm Shield; Power Fist; Melta Bombs;
    260 - Fast - 4x Thunderwolf Cavalry - Storm Shield; Power Fist; Melta Bombs;
    170 - Heavy - Hagalaz - 3x Missile, 2x Lascannon
    110 - Heavy - Tiewaz - 6x Long Fangs, 3x Missile, 1x Heavy bolter
    175 - Heavy - Sunwolf Pack - 5x Multimeltas, Drop pod

Pretty meh. I had a way more fun list that used every Fenrisian Wolf we own and maxed out Lone Wolves for teh lulz, but I'll have to save that for another day, I guess. It had Grey Hunters in a Rhino too, so it was probably automatically better.

21. - Top - End - #81

it's so refreshing to see a space wolf player who doesn't spam rune priests and jaws of the world wolf. you should have fun with all the cavalry. good luck, and may the sons of russ vanquish all who stand in their path!
    Last edited by gabado; 2011-07-28 at 12:03 PM.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

it's so refreshing to see a space wolf player who doesn't spam rune priests and jaws of the world wolf. you should have fun with all the cavalry. good luck, and may the sons of russ vanquish all who stand in their path!
    Rest assured, for a tournament setting I don't leave home without a hole for MCs to fall into, but this is a nice casual game and I wanted to wolf it up!
    (Also that other list definately had the priest, ready to come down in the pod.)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Vendetta - 130 Points
    Vendetta - 130 Points

Hull Lascannons

Hmm, it looks solid enough, Im not a huge fan of Executiners personaly, seems like you could get same result for less cost with a Demolisher. I've never tried Colossi, but I imagine they would be a far better choice aswell.

If you could you could always try and fit in either some Hellhound variant or Hydras (2 being a solid number).

I use a Vendetta and it is really good in itself, I've yet to try transporting melta-vets in it. A problem I can see with it is if you plan on holding them in reserve an Astropath is a great way to make them more reliable. But then you need a command squad instead of the Psyker (or both, but that's a bit silly in 1250p).

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by BoSheck View Post
    Speaking of 2500 point games, I've got a game scheduled with that very same opponent next week. I'm pretty stoked, as it feels like I haven't played in forever. (It's been like a month, but...eh.)
    Give him a good thrashing for me; the kid could stand to learn a little humility. Of course, considering he was already kvetching about how Space Wolves are overpowered during our game this week even though there were none in sight, he'll probably chalk it up to your army and then not.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2011-07-28 at 05:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm just tossing around ideas of 'Aardboyz. thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show
    Necron Lord with Resurrection Orb, Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter, and Warscythe 210 pts
    Necron Lord with Warscythe Res Orb, Gaze of Flame, Lightning Field, and Warscythe 190 pts
    10 Necron Warriors 180 pts
    5 Necron Destroyers 250 pts

That leaves me with 550 pts. Any ideas?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

26. - Top - End - #86

There is going to be a cityfight (/cities of death, I cant remember which one it is) combat patrol game tournament soon.

You have to take two of the three two troop, 1 hq.
    You cant take any model with eternal warrior
    You cant take any model with more than 3 wounds
    You cant take a vehicle with more than 33 armour (taken by adding the front side and rear).

I am thinking of taking either

Tactical Squad, flamer, plasma cannon 175pts
    Tactical Squad, plasma gun, plasma cannon 185
    Razorback
    400pts

I'll combat squad the units and place the sarge and flamer in the razorback.

Or

Crisis suits x 3, twin linked flamers, BSF 102pts
    Firewarriors x 10 100pts
    Firewarriors x 10 100pts
    Kroot x 14 98pts
    400pts

I'll overwhelm the enemy with high powered shots and the flamers will be extremely useful in cityfights.

Any suggestions?
    Lillien Lemmerin:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=111721

Member of the Mr Scruffy fan club

27. - Top - End - #87

well, generaly speaking, if your crisis suits are close enough to an enimy unit to use flamers than they are in serious trouble. they may be tough, but they just don't hold up in melee, and even with that 6" fall back move, you still will be assaulted on your oponant's next turn. which brings me to my second point, if you are playing tau, long ranged, sweaping, expansive battlefields are to your liking, city fighting leans more towards close combat and nitty gritty blood curdleing combat. you would probably be better off going with the space marines, rapid fire vollies and assault combat are right up their ally. the tau, and i am speaking from my own personal experience (you may have encountered an entirely different scenareo), just won't stand a chance against the melee happy enemies that haunt the blown up streats and destroyed buildings of the cities of death.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sure. Cheap HQ, but with Guard that's sometimes the point. I've never tried one, as I don't have a model for it.
    Thing is, Primaris' don't even come with funky hats. After a bit of consideration, I realised that that's mostly the reason that anybody takes Psykers in the first place (unless they have other really awesome powers like Lash), so I've swapped him for a Lord Commissar and with an extra 10 points gave him a power weapon.

Your opponent will blow [Executioners] up as rapidly as possible if he has infantry heavy enough to care about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowkey Lyesmith View Post
    Hmm, it looks solid enough, Im not a huge fan of Executiners personaly, seems like you could get same result for less cost with a Demolisher.
    After reading my own guide on Mech Guard again, and one *headdesk* later, I realise that I'm an idiot. Since I, myself once stated that Demolishers are far superior.

Here's my new list;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Commissar - 80 Points
    Power Weapon

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Veterans - 100 Points
    x3 Meltaguns

Vendetta - 130 Points
    Vendetta - 130 Points

Leman Russ (x2) - 320 Points
    x1 Heavy Flamer sponsons

Leman Russ Demolisher - 195 Points
    Multi-Melta sponsons

Leman Russ Demolisher - 195 Points
    Multi-Melta sponsons

Total 1250
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-07-29 at 04:49 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

29. - Top - End - #89

When the first Tau codex came out White Dwarf had a battle report (with the old 3e City Fight rules) between Tau and Salamanders.

If you go that route you need to dig your heels in and use your Firewarriors to pulse carbine the enemy into staying away.
    Last edited by Tarinaky; 2011-07-29 at 05:13 AM.
    So... Tired...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'm just tossing around ideas of 'Aardboyz. thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show
    Necron Lord with Resurrection Orb, Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter, and Warscythe 210 pts
    Necron Lord with Warscythe Res Orb, Gaze of Flame, Lightning Field, and Warscythe 190 pts

That leaves me with 550 pts. Any ideas?
    I'm no necron specialist, but a couple of monoliths to port those warriors around? Otherwise as much immortals as you can afford to keep up the "move and shoot" theme.