New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,486 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'm sad at the loss of old Living Metal for the Monolith. Sure, it was sometimes confusing, but now the thing is just as much meltagun/chainfist bait as any other tank, and it can't even outrun the things.

And the nerf to flux arcs is also a little sad. Gone are the days when you just dropped a Monolith dead center into the middle of the enemy formation for sheer near-indestructible disruption value - it'll take a bit for me to adapt to using it in a true combined-arms support role like it's now intended.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2011-11-07 at 09:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

Monolith was not too good before. Now its better, you can SUCK everything IN. if you want to, and now you can teleport and use particle whip in the same turn.

Its still very hard to destroy it.. and it deepstrikes.
    It sucks that now if you fall in enemy units it is destroyed anyway.
    Tho it was more expensive before.. and with 235 you could have done nastier things.

Anyway, new codex rocks.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XIII: "Ironclads, Furiosos and Soul Grinders, oh my!"

deepstriking is not that great an idea unless you have a 10x10'' clear space you can aim into the middle of, otherwise the chance is just too great it will clip something and die without any effort on your opponents side.

still, its pretty cool and that one time you actually get to deepstrike it it will be very very great.

I have good hopes for the Annihilation barge too, it is cheap and looks intimidating enough that it could be the new Distraction Carnifex. With the quantum shielding it is even possible it could survive long enough to actually fire back.

In the event that it could start to fire back the s7 tesla shots could turn it into a pulper of heavy infantry or even give it a decent shot against light vehicles despite the ap-

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Thread XIV: Turn Signals On A Land Raider?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

The Annihalation Barge should be a great for suppression against light transports like Rhino's and Chimera's. With those exploding 6's and 4 shots anyway the AP- doesn't matter so much. It's main target is always going to be infantry though, especially stuff with poos armour saves which it should make giblets out of.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Suggestions for thread 14:
    Maximum armor!
    Land raiders and monoliths!
    Bring in the lascannons!
    Upgrade to chainfists!
    Rifleman dread is dead!
    Drop your plasma guns!
    Prey for 6's!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suggestion for thread title: "Armor doesn't get any better than this."

Awesome avatar and siggy by Kwarkpudding

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by filvento View Post
    About the Barge, i still dont understand the Catacomb one. Its 3 sweep atacks to the same Unit/Vehicle?
    It costs 80 points and you still need a character with a warschyte. I dont know what would that be.. since characters are expensive. And if you are playing arks you have to play imotek.
    Actually, you don't need a warscythe- any Overlord-type character (including Imotekh), plus basic Overlords, can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    And the nerf to flux arcs is also a little sad.
    It's got a range boost though, to 24".
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
    Suggestion for thread title: "Armor doesn't get any better than this."
    Actually, it sort of does...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Whats the point of Taking a Catacomb command barage if you dont have a warschyte to destroy vehicles and kill several units?
    Last edited by filvento; 2011-11-07 at 11:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Suggestions for thread 14:
    [....]
    Prey for 6's!
    Was that deliberate, or a typo? Because either way it sounds pretty funny
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm skeptical of the Ghost Ark, simply because there's a big difference between a lasplasback's lascannon and plasmagun sponsons (or is it the other way around), and a gauss flux array supported by it's passengers; Namely, the former is good against bigger, heavier targets, while the other is more of an anti-infantry weapon, since even though you're getting 15-20 shots from the latter, it's also only glancing a vehicle or wounding a T6 monstrous creature on a 6, and it doesn't have the lasplasback's High AP value against high value footslogging targets.

Unless the flux arc has completely been changed, in which case, never mind. Ungh... I gotta get my hands on the new codex this week.
    Last edited by Squark; 2011-11-07 at 11:23 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

13. - Top - End - #1483

So, besides the ghost arc, whats peoples opinon on the new fluff of these guys? I would think we would need the codex to get the bigger picture out of it, but I am actualy likeing the change from the unkillable unfeeling murder gods of last edition to the Tomb Kings IN SPACE. Most probably dont like the drastic change in fluff, but I always thought they deserved more than a handfull unit choices and a few very nice rules. On one hand, they pretty much rewrote there fluff to fit in the new unit choices.

So, any comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    So, besides the ghost arc, whats peoples opinon on the new fluff of these guys? I would think we would need the codex to get the bigger picture out of it, but I am actualy likeing the change from the unkillable unfeeling murder gods of last edition to the Tomb Kings IN SPACE. Most probably dont like the drastic change in fluff, but I always thought they deserved more than a handfull unit choices and a few very nice rules. On one hand, they pretty much rewrote there fluff to fit in the new unit choices.

So, any comments?
    Please keep the fluff goes in the fluff thread. To answer your question as best I can, the fluff thread has had some discussion of it, but when I asked the question, pretty much everyone said, "Tomb kings in SPAAAAACE." I didn't actually even get the answer of, is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Last edited by Squark; 2011-11-07 at 11:47 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #1485

Griffon

New Thread, ahoy.

Title can be worried about later, if necessary.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by filvento View Post
    Whats the point of Taking a Catacomb command barage if you dont have a warschyte to destroy vehicles and kill several units?
    Maybe for mobility?

Trazyn's Empathic Obliterator might still be useful- fly over the unit, make sweep attacks, and watch as it affects several other enemies in the unit.

Anrakyr the Traveller comes with a warscythe.

EDIT: moving response to new thread.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2011-11-07 at 11:57 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele