New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    "You still have a while to decide what you want to do, though. The world's your oyster and all that." Ashley says this, shortly before also glancing at Zee. She wonders what was going on.
    More glances for Zee. "Yeah, you're right. Right now I'm on sort of a going out into the world kind of deal."

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Reis nods, looking for a subject, at all, that wasn't awkward. "What's happening with the Bartender?" He asks, gesturing towards Zee, and hoping the turn of conversation catches.
    "Zee?" Subject change, success. "Uh, I gotta check on her." Sakura stands and goes over to Zee. "Are you okay, Zee?"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

"Zee?"

Jacob reaches over the counter and gives her a light nudge on the arm. He looks over at the others that have come to check on her.

"I don't know much, but I know enough to tell something very, very bad is happening."
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashley looks very concerned for Zee, but doesn't think she can do anything for her. So, she continues talking to Genevieve. "I did that for a while, back in my world. It was more self-imposed for me, though."

4. - Top - End - #304

Zee blinks once.

Twice.

Then rubs her eyes and groans. From her body language one might suspect she has a head-ache.

"Sorry. I just woke up. It always leaves me feeling a little groggy for a while."

Eerr...

Zee has been awaken in the tavern for the past several hours. She couldn't have possibly just woken up unless she's talking about...

...oh.

Oh dear...

"I know Bellan. This is... this is really big. Lots of things are happening all at once. Too many things happening all at once for it to be chance. Someone is trying to force my hand, trying to force That Day."

Something about the way she says it...

Sakura is offered a weak smile. "If you can contact the rest of Watchtower please do. They're going to have their work cut out for them."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-07-28 at 01:20 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Zee?" Subject change, success. "Uh, I gotta check on her." Sakura stands and goes over to Zee. "Are you okay, Zee?"
    Reis takes another sip of his wine, and watches interested.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Font colour changes are ominous. "I can go back there right away, but what do I tell them?" She has no clue what 'That Day' could possibly be. Sounds bad though, and she can't help but think of the fact that Adir might have to put himself in danger again.

Looks like Watchtower's gonna get a plotclone influx.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    Ashley looks very concerned for Zee, but doesn't think she can do anything for her. So, she continues talking to Genevieve. "I did that for a while, back in my world. It was more self-imposed for me, though."
    "It's a great way to learn. Thre's only so much you can learn by being taught, you have to use it." Genevieve pauses. "But, I guess it was different for you because you were never taught."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Halfling in the Playground

"Sixth wheel above." Bellan says, eyes wide but not panicked. His hand falls to his forehead. "Is it just the Nexus? Or is it spreading?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #308

"Not really," Ashley responds. "I still learned things, and I had to test what I learned somehow." she looks at Zee. "Wait, what's That Day?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-28 at 01:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob sits back down.

"What in the name of the gods is going on..."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

10. - Top - End - #310

Font color changes are always ominous.

"Oh geeze... I don't know..." Zee rests her face in her hands. How do you tell someone about something like this? "Tell them it's the end of the world that they've been preparing to stop. I guess that's pretty accurate..."

She takes a deep breath, trying to figure out how to put all this.

"My kin are stirring. If they awaken this world will be consumed in flames of revelry and insanity. And then my Mother and The Corpse God will take whoever survives."

...that sounds really bad.

"There are people and things trying to wake them up. Several of them working independently of each other right now, though toward the same end goal. Whether they know it or not."

Zee bites her lip.

"If... this starts here in the Nexus it could cascade to every world the Nexus touches..."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura's eyes get nice and big and wide through this description. "I'll tell them." She nods to Zee then returns to Reis.

"I have to go back to Watch. Something bad is happening and they need to know." She bites her lip nervously. And she thought she had worries before.

Genevieve nods her agreement, but the topic is abruptly changed for good reason. The witch catches the back half of the description. A frown settles on her face. "Nothing good..."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Halfling in the Playground

Bellan's brow furrows, and he shifts restlessly. Alone, he wasn't sure how much he could do if the end came to it's fruition.

"Is there still time to stop those who are touching the Outside? The creatures starting all this?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #313

Ashley feels very justified despair, but then a sudden spark of probably misplaced hope appears in her eyes. "What if we stopped these things that are trying to wake them up, like this man said? That would help, right?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-28 at 01:53 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob's eyes widen, especially at the last part about 'all the worlds the Nexus touches'.

"My home..." he whispers under his breath.

He sits back heavily. The end of the world. Of all worlds, perhaps. A catastrophic event so grand in scope that he could barely manage to comprehend it. And what could he possibly do? He was just a mortal that could shoot a bow well. He'd have to sit back and hope for the best. He looks down at the empty glass of whiskey.

"Gonna need a bottle."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura's eyes get nice and big and wide through this description. "I'll tell them." She nods to Zee then returns to Reis.

"I have to go back to Watch. Something bad is happening and they need to know." She bites her lip nervously. And she thought she had worries before.
    Reis nods slowly, and waves the girl off to go deliver her important message.

"Oh, wings of Angels. Fail me not yet." He turns to Zee, his expression quite serious. "I'm afraid my abilities in fighting aren't enough to aid in stopping those setting this in motion. I am but a simple wandering minstrel. Do you know of anything I could aid with?"

((Minor Downtimez.))
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-07-28 at 02:05 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

16. - Top - End - #316

Prometheus walks into the tavern, looking distracted, to say the least. He seems to twitch every few seconds, his eyes constantly darting around, looking even though he doubts he'll find what he Seeks. It's been too long since he last answered the siren song of the Objects, the call to Seek, and it's worn away on his patience and concentration like a drill through butter. Sitting down at the bar and trying to not think of anything to do with the Objects, Prometheus orders himself a drink.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

The cupid looks down at the guy who just entered from above.

He looks uptight.

And look, a cloaked giant.

Wondrous!

He draws his bow back and takes fire at Prometheus and Bellan. As always, whether they hit or not is up to you, but these are love arrows
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #318

Andy enters the bar. He looks around just to sight that the person he is seeking isn't here as well. He will go to the bar and order himself a drink. He then lean against the bar and took a look at the visitors of the bar.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura nods to Reis and then speeds off to Watchtower at high speeds.

Genevieve on the other hand isn't quite so sure how to react to this all. She'll just listen to what's going on intently. She doesn't like this one bit though.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Lisor nods, "Yeah, it seems really nice here, if weird... I really like this city."
    So do I. I've spent three years here. He pauses. Damn, it's been so long?

Viima, meanwhile, probably still serves as a fluffy and cozy resting place for a wyrmling.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

"The time certainly seems to fly, doesn't it?" Lisor says with a smile, sipping from her drink
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

It does. Especially here. Why, I remember when there wasn't much of a city at all. Just a bunch of organizations scattered around.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #323

((Ooof, sorry. Internets imploded before I could post.))

Getting drunk is always a great way to ward off end of the world blues!

"Hurry," Zee calls after the dryad. One word. But the need for haste is there none the less.

She then nods to the giant and Ashley.

"Yes. If we can stop them then it'll delay the end. It isn't supposed to be happening yet. It's too soon."

Clearly that's why Zee's as shocked as she is. ...and that tendril coming out of her back still looks really weird. Almost like...

Almost as if she's nothing more than a puppet on strings. Or a lure at the end of a line.

"Off hand I know of..." one of her eyes twitches a little. "Cultists of Cthulhu are attempting to awaken him. But one of their sacrifices has escaped. A necromancer is trying to awaken..."

Zee shakes her head.

"...I'm not sure who yet. I don't recognize them. That isn't too surprising though, I've got lots of cousins. There are illithid here in the Nexus that are trying to reunite Thoon's scattered remains. Someone has glutted the blood-moon. That could very well rouse Mnomquah, which would be bad obviously. And the Creeping Fog has descended on the coast nearby. I'm not sure who summoned it, but if it sticks around too long it could wake up The One Not To Be Named."

Probably not talking about a wizard who doesn't have a nose with that last one.

Then the mistrial speaks up!

Zee offers as reassuring of a smile as she can muster.

"Just because you can't fight doesn't mean you can't help. A sharp mind is just as useful as a sharp blade. Especially in situations like these. It's going to be difficult for me to act on a small scale while I'm awake and I'll need all the help I can get. If you really want to help you can start by trying to get an idea of what we're up against here," she explains. "There's a library on Arkham Street, Philip Memorial. They're have a rare books section. Go there and tell the librarian 'K'rax-Naggath slumbers no more,' He'll give you two books and a scroll. Don't read or open them, burn them and scatter the ashes in the sea."

24. - Top - End - #324

Andy walks over to Dipsnig.

"Hello. Do you mind if I sit down here. I just want to ask you something."

He points at an empty chair next to him.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig turns away from the deadtimed Lisor. I'm kind of in the middle of a conversation here, but if you make it quick...

26. - Top - End - #326

"I know I know. I just wanted to know what the status is. I don't want to edge you, but I got quiet a bit to many free time."

He sais kiling his drink.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Ah yes, your contract. One of our members is working on acquiring a box that prevents teleportation in which to put the coin. Without that, we won't get anywhere. When we have it, we'll make plans for actually getting the coin.

28. - Top - End - #328

"That sounds good. Do you know what the member may be wan? It would give me something to do other than hanging around."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shrugs. No idea. I'll ask him later. Besides, getting the box is only half of the job.

30. - Top - End - #330

"Okay. Well then I let you alone with you company. Bye."

He will then go and sit somewhere else.