New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

"What kind of alterations? One of the Objects I took prevents anything that would cloud my mind.."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Halfling in the Playground

"I'm not certain that would be a problem. It's merely suppression of the compulsion. A skilled molder would be required, however." Bellan pauses a moment. "You'd also need to get rid of your Objects, if you hadn't already guessed." The giant suspects there might be a problem here. The obsession tends to make one inclined toward keeping their Objects far, far away from other people. Perhaps Pro hoped he could keep his eldritch toys and simply be done with the whole business.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #603

"I... Cannot. It is not a matter of simple desire, or I would rid myself of them, but.... I need them. I do not think I can achieve freedom without their power." Prometheus says, sounding very annoyed at how helpless he is.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #604

Andy is still sitting around in the bar. It's very boring when noone is here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Lisor looks at Dipsnig incredulously for a moment, and then says, "Yeah, I think that sounds about right. Strange woman."
    Strange is one word... she used to give me trouble because she and her girlfriend kept looking for mercenary work without my approval. Now that they're on GLoG council they don't, thankfully.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Barbarian in the Playground

...Zee nodded off again.

She's leaning against that weird tentacle sticking out of her back, cradling herself against it much as a person would be cradled in a hammock. Twitching every now and again. Scrunching her nose. Muttering in her sleep.

Small earthquakes ripple through the ground with increasing regularity.

Mostly just small jolts and tremors.

But with time they're growing worse.

Still isn't enough to knock anything over yet.

Several patrons look concerned. But they can't seem to muster the courage to wake her.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courage?

Well, let's poke an eldritch abomination.

Darst notices that the earthquakes and Zee's napping is linked. He moves over to the hammock and shakes her gently by the shoulder. If that doesn't work, he shakes her firmly. "Wake up, gal! We have work to do!"

She's lucky she's an eldritch abomination or he would just flip the hammock over.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen snaps back to attention, having been lost in thought for a moment or several or a lot.
    Too many things going on at once.

She sees Darst moving over to Zee, who happens to be napping again.
    Noting the tremors, the little girl twitches and jumps up on the bar-top, flinging more crackers in their direction.
    Hopefully most of them don't just hit Darst, instead popping Zee too.

"ZEE!"
    Oh hey. She sounds just a little bit dragony there.
    Probably intentional.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett's getting a little weirded out by all the old god crazy stuff going on, but it's not his place to comment.
    "Food was delicious, Zee, thanks. I'm gonna be on my way now, my tab's should be paid in full for the room I've been using," he nods to a rather large sack of coins on the counter, "If you need any help avoiding the end of the world, I'm sure the Order can lend a hand. The most they'd charge-if they were to charge at all-would be a few books or an interview or some other way of gaining more information for the Lantern."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Harnel doesn't say anything when Zee rushes off to help her husband - it's what he would have done for Cessie, so he's got no room to complain about being left back over here... with the skeleton in the armor. What's with that thing?

Harnel glares at despair.
    Thankfully the pink armor magic's worn off by now, or it would be even weirder.

He'd also decided to sheathe his weapon at some point, though his shield was still held at the ready.

Despair returns a quizzical look. He's never seen a Half-Dragon before, nor has he ever heard of a Dragon in the first place. He also has no idea why Harnel would be glaring at him. Was he related to one of the monster's he'd killed? Probably not. But why then? It's not like he's ever (knowingly) killed a sentient being!

EDIT: Then, random Black Sun's Zenith in the Inside Thread! Despair begins glowing a bit.
    Last edited by BladeofOblivion; 2011-07-30 at 12:46 PM.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

11. - Top - End - #611

Shoving and shaking and roaring oh my!

"Bwah!" goes the Zee as she tumbles right off the tendril and lands on the floor with a thump. She blinks around blurrily, rubbing her eyes with balled up fists.

"Uugh... I fell asleep again..." she grumbles aloud. "This is getting harder by the hour..."

She...

She isn't sure how much longer she can hold out.

Especially with that stupid itch on her left leg.

Zee scratches at her left leg without thinking about it. Leg is starting to look at little raw there...

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen peers at that leg.
    Also remembers that her healing magic doesn't really work on Zee, at least not very well.
    "Um...Zee...is your leg okay?"

There's a myriad of problems here, they don't really need another one.
    It'd be pretty terrible if Zee had some sort of weird Far-rash or something.

What if it was contagious and spread through the city?
    It might be untreatable! Probably would be untreatable!

The girl's eye twitches slightly.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #613
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, then, we work faster. It's like bracing a tunnel: the tunnel might come down soon... so you do your best work as fast as you can."

He then turns and looks out the window. "That red glow is gone..." He goes over and peeks out the door.

He then growls something in dwarven. Not an actual oath, but an surprised exclamation.

"I don't know much about that sun thing you all have up here, but I do not believe it's supposed to be black."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-07-30 at 12:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614

"No!" Zee growls. "My leg itches and I can't scratch it!"

...Zee?

You're scratching your leg right now.

It's starting to bleed a little.

"Not this leg. My real leg. It's over there-" she waves one hand off toward the the forest well beyond Inside. "-somewhere. I would have to get up to scratch it. And if I get up then bad things happen."

Scratch scratch scratch.

At the mention of the sun she glances toward the window.

...can't see the window from where she's sitting...

So instead she closes her eyes here and opens one up somewhere else.

And winces. Eyes open again. "Yeah... It isn't supposed to do that. That's bad. But not really bad. At least not yet. Not until the sun opens up into an enormous eye. That's when you kill yourself to escape what's coming."

That isn't very encouraging Zee.

She rises to her feet and huffs. Huh... Her shoes are missing. And her feet look like they belong on a deer instead of a human. "But it won't come to that. Because we're going to save the world, right?"

Yaaaay, enthusiasm.

15. - Top - End - #615

Ashley arrives in the tavern, with a smile on her face and what looks to be a miniature crown on her finger. She gives a friendly wave to Zee. "Anyone notice the sun? It's a lot blacker than usual."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garth walks into the bar and takes a quick once over before taking a seat at the bar. Once there he orders some dwarven spirits. He runs his hand through his hair and comes out with a few loose strands. The draconic man sighs. Great he was balding.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #617

Zee offers a weak smile to Ashley. She looks haggard, frazzled, and very tired. She has puffy eyes from lack of sleep and it looks like she's been scratching at her leg until it has started to bleed. Quite frankly she looks awful.

And kind of crazy.

"I'm glad you made it through okay," Zee comments to Ashley, her voice a little shaky. "And you still have the Crown. That'll be really important."

She nods to herself.

Nod nod nod.

"Yes, really important. Yeah. That's good," eye twitch.

She blinks. "Oh! And I have some more missions if anyone wants one! To help save the world and stuff. Saving the world would be great."

Twitch twitch.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Despair... ...is still just standing there next to Harnel with a shield at the ready. Huh.

Staring off out the window at the Black Sun. He's starting to glow a bit, and not just his eyes.

...That's probably a bad thing.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

19. - Top - End - #619

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    Ashley arrives in the tavern, with a smile on her face and what looks to be a miniature crown on her finger. She gives a friendly wave to Zee. "Anyone notice the sun? It's a lot blacker than usual."
    "Black Sun?"

Andy wonders and heads for the next window.

"A lot is good. Normaly you can't see anything other than a bright light from it. Waht does this mean?"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir enters Trog's Tavern, wearing his combat gear - which is to say, he's got no cloak and his sword is on his back. He immediately heads towards Zee.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #621

"It means Psirrack is waking up of course~!" Zee replies in a sing-songy voice, quirking her head off to the side and smiling like an idiot.

Twitch.

"But she isn't awake yet, oh no. Someone should probably make sure she doesn't wake up," Zee continues, jerking her head off to the other side as one whole side of her face tenses up.

Twitch.

"And then Wenomir enters Trog's Tavern, wearing his combat gear - which is to say, he's got no cloak and his sword is on his back. He immediately heads towards Zee!" Zee laughs as soon as the demon hunter steps inside. She's smiling a way-too-wide smile at him.

"Hiya Wendy! Are you here to help save the world?"

Twitch.

22. - Top - End - #622

Andy will go over to Zee.

"Ok I got two questions. These sudden changes of personality. Are they a side effect of this psi thing waking up?

And more important how can I help? You mentioned some quests."

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir scowls. Why is Zee narrating about him? But, single-minded as always, he disregards it for now.
    Yes, I am. It's kind of my job. More WATCHTOWER members will show up to do the same, most likely. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me Wendy.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-07-30 at 02:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #624

"Nope! Is isn't Psirrack making me go crazy! Ha ha ha!" Zee suddenly leans forward, grinning like a maniac. "That would be CRAZY!"

Twitch.

"My puppets aren't made to take all the information I'm feeding through them! Hehehehee~!" she laughs, bending back and gripping either side of her head. "I'm trying my hardest not to stir too much 'cuz that would be bad! Oooh so very bad!" she squints at Wendy before whispering. "Have you ever had someone build a city on top of you before?"

Twitch.

"Okay Wendy! I'll stop right away! Harnel wanted a quest too! And I needed to think of some new ones!"

Twitch.

"Are you ready for one? I've got one for you!"

Twitch twitch.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyan dust seems to sprinkle in from an open window, wafting down to the ground. There, it retracts onto a central point, forming a human foot. As more and more dust comes through, it forms a human shape, surrounded by a suit of armor. Finally, the dust seems to link together, revealing Jakob just standing there. Seems he's found a safer way to get around than randomly planeswalking to the same plane he's on.

Despair is now on the ground for some reason. He looks like he's sleeping, but it's hard to tell since he doesn't actually, you know, breathe or close his eyes or anything that might indicate sleep.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

26. - Top - End - #626

'Hey, y'know that Magtok guy? Gods, what a stupid jerkface. Thinks he's so much better than everyone else with his cloning immortality, he goes right ahead and throws a huge party right in the middle of an apocalypse, just to remind everyone that things like that can't touch him, and that he doesn't need to be bothered with stopping any.'

Normally, Magtok would stay the fudge away from Trog's at a time like this. The sky's been looking weird as hell lately, all sorts of odd things have been going on, and there's still a hunt for Reinholdt to finish and a party to host. He's had just about every excuse he could possibly need to stay away, but then that thought pops into his head, and now he's nervously telewarping in, more worried about his own image than the fact that Cthulhu might reach out and tentacle-slap someone in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt gives his flourish.

"You're... a Magbot, aren't you?" He's a bit surprised a surprisingly attractive magbot doesn't know him. Some sort of sexy spy?
    Somewhere Else in the Tavern

"A Magbot by design, sure. Not by affiliation anymore, though. I sorta kinda was maliciously given free will in a freak accident and then promptly became a fugitive and now I wish my old master owned that Blade Runner movie, on the off-chance anything in it could've helped me hide away."

The Magbot coughs nervously, which is fairly odd, given that Magbots don't have any sort of respiratory system to speak of.

"So err...you don't really have to worry about me reporting anything back to him or um, anything."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-07-30 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir rolls his eyes. What made Zee turn from endearingly silly to annoying?
    Yes, I am. Just tell me where to go and what to kill.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-07-30 at 02:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628

"Okeydokey!" Zee replies a little too quickly. "This one is easy! There are some star spawn of Abhoth creating more star spawn of Abhoth that might eventually form a living gate! That would be really bad. Foro the magma monkey is bopping them with his staff but he might need some help! Here!"

She'll then reach out to pin a little button on Wendy with the Elder Sign scratched into it. "That should stop them from assimilating your bio-mass! Yay!"

Twitch.

Then Zee waves a whole lot at Magtok.

"Hiya Maggy! How's the party? And you should be worrying more about Cthulhu tentacle-slapping people because that's very rude!"

Since when has Zee been able to read OOC text?

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I second that notion! Point me in the right direction!"

The deep dwarf stands and brandishes his pick.

30. - Top - End - #630

"If I would understand what that means I would be shocked? Star spawn?"

After all Andy hasn't heared of this.