New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Yeah, sure. They won't know what hit 'em. Wenomir sure likes straightforward missions. He heads out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok blinks. He didn't feel anything remotely close to someone trying to read his mind, so how did Zee...

Nevermind, not important. The apocalypse is clearly stressing her out or something, I'm sure she'll be fine eventually-ish, given time. What is important is getting a clone out there to punch the faces of whatever's been causing those unpleasant nightmares and whatnot lately. There's precious little time for sleep for most MagClones, and what time they do have is of utmost importance. Seeing his entire sleep schedule's already-brutal efficiency fall to pieces like that is incredibly aggravating, and if there's monsters to take that sort of aggravation out on, Maggy's more than willing to be seen out in public punching them about their non-Euclidean faces.

"The err, the party's alright. Could you show me how that Elder Sign thing looks again? I was thinking of lending a hand, or a gun, or a handgun, or a gun-hand. Y'know, try to prevent the end of all things Maggy, and several things not-Maggy."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #633

The dwarf is handed a button too!

Because dwarf bio-mass is just as vulnerable as human bio-mass.

"The Eye of Derleth would be oh so very useful to put on your weapons I~can't~show~you~how!"
    Zee sings and laughs and twitches. "You'll have to find someone else to do that! Sorry!"

Twitch.

She points out the door. "That way! To Generic Street! Just follow the screams and running people and you'll be there in no~time~!"

Zee then begins to giggle to herself.

And scratch at that raw spot on her leg. Fingernails are starting to get red...

Zee blinks one eye. Then the other as her head slowly begins to loll off to one side. Suddenly she sits bolt upright and screams, "EDIT!" at the top of her lungs.

Magtok is provided with a rather disturbed (and not to mention disturbing) smile. "I'm just reading what the page says! It's up there!" she waves her hands above her head. She then adds with a whisper. "It's hiding in the rafters."

She then brandishes a button with the Elder Sign on it at Maggy. Looks like weird fern/treebranch sort of design. "If you wear it they can't turn you inside out with a thought! Though they still might do it with their teeth!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-07-30 at 04:14 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'm not sure if you meant me as well Zee, but that on your leg seems a bit off. Maybe you would do first aid befor you got an infection or worst?"

Andy would go for a first Aid box if there is one in Trog's. Otherwise he would lookk for some improvisation.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #635

Magtok slowly reaches out for the button, as if expecting Zee's hand to mutate into a horrible murderous murder-claw and pull his arm in for a nibble or two. Oh gods, wait...she's seeing all of this, isn't she? Fudge, that just made things twenty times more awkward for Maggy, didn't it? Oh gods, what if-

He grabs the button and then pulls his hand away in a hurry, trying to will his brain to shut up and stop thinking things that might end up on the page for Zee to read. The only one who's supposed to be able to do stuff like that is him, and only on really rare and completely unimportant occasions!

"I'll umm...I'll try to remember that, thanks."

Mag focuses on the button, trying his utmost to not look at Zee's strange, twitchy, unnervingly freakish face. Err, umm...not that she's ugly, I mean. I'm not calling you ugly, Zee, not at all. Or a freak. It's just all the apoca-stress has left you a bit-

...Nevermind, let's just keep focusing on more important things. In return for the button, Maggy tries to pull an oven mitt over the hand Zee's been using to scratch the hell out of her leg, and then tape it down against her sleeve, so as to keep her from just pulling it back off and scratching again.

"You'll be fine if I just go and leave you here to give people the sorts of stares that only the crazy and homeless dare to look upon the world with, right Zee?"

Regardless of the answer, Magtok clearly get the hell out of...Oh gods, I'm doing it again, aren't I? Aagh, sorry Zee! Maggy's not really that insensitive, I swear! I just like to exaggerate! He's worried, just really terrified too, and foolishly assumes that whatever awaits out there can't possibly be worse than watching you act all crazy-like and whatnot. More so than usual, I mean.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, it looks like Zee is getting a bit stressed out.

Know what she needs? A nice glass of milk, and a plate of delicious and fresh chocolate chip cookies. A small, foot-tall little elf dressed in fancy but dark Renaissance-era clothes, including an out-of-place neckerchief covering his mouth and nose, hops up onto a table and puts the plate and glass down. He goes to pat the barmaid's shoulder comfortingly and gestures toward the treats. Milk and cookies always keep Santa calm, so why not an eldritch abomination?
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-07-30 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #637

Ally is passed out on the bar. Well, not quite. She's sitting on the stool and is resting her head on her arms, which are crossed on top of the bar. Actually, it seems she just fell asleep due to exhaustion and not alcohol consumption.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

"who broke zee?" Baby asks. "some person not do right quest?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

Darst accepts the pin and puts it on.

"I seem to remember hearing 'bout a symbol needed to hurt things like this... but I don't remember a thing more."

He thinks a bit.

"Do you know where a library or somesuch that might have a book on this be or a artifact with it? Or where the beasts are?"

His eyes then light up. not really literally, they are already glowing, but he seems to have an idea.

"Are they flammable?"

10. - Top - End - #640

Ashley sits next to Ally and gently lays a hand on her shoulder, probably trying to wake her up.

11. - Top - End - #641

Ally wakes up instantly at the touch, one hand going to a knife on her belt, the other grabbing her purse. Wha- Oh, hi Ashley...

12. - Top - End - #642

As Magtok stands there thinking horrible things and then thinking about how he shouldn't be thinking about horrible things Zee just kind of... stares at him.

And then looks down at her arm, half-way expecting it to mutate into a flailing mass of barbed tentacles or something. The page said that would probably happen and she believes it!

Buuuut.

Nope.

Still just an arm.

With an oven mitt on it now. Better than a cone of shame at least.

While staring at her arm she begins nomming the milk and cookies the nice little hob has brought her. How very thoughtful!

"Find the man dancing in the fountain!" Zee calls after Maggy. "He'll tell you what you need to do!"

Twitch!

"Everything is flammable! Some things are just more flammable than others!" that's not very helpful Zee. "Aaaand~the~hobbit~the~hobbit~the~hobbit~went~craz y!"

Twitch.

"I told him to push on the red wall! Heheheheee! But he pushed the orange one! Now the voices won't ever stop screaming, yay!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-07-30 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

The little elf turns his head. The hobbit went crazy? She isn't talking about him, is she? He's a hob. Not a hobbit. There's a difference. And she never told him nothing about no walls. He would definitely know the difference between red and orange, too.

To make sure, the little person tries to tug on Zee's sleeve and point at himself while giving her a confused look.

Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #644
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I'll try. What were his directions?"

And then he will find the symbol and kill horrid abominations unto death. First thing first, though. He orders some of the strongest alcohol in the house and some rags. If a candle is nearby, he will use it to light his mining helmet.

Molotov cocktails: Fire for the fiends.

EVEN IF THEY AREN'T ACTUALLY MOLOTOVS. Since molotovs need motor oil.

15. - Top - End - #645

Ashley pulls back her hand as soon as Ally wakes up. "Hey. I believe I promised you a few drinks. With how you're looking, though, seems like you could use some coffee."

16. - Top - End - #646

Off in the corner is none other than Arthur Rock, Warwick Works' teenage 'wizard inventor.' Looking out the window at the rampant craziness, then back at his makeshift blueprints for his latest wonder (conveniently drawn on a napkin), then at his Aunt Zee, then at the blueprints again, then the sun, he sighs and crumples up the napkin blueprints before tearing it up. Noooo, Arthur. You can't cure world hunger. It's far too practical. The world decides to take a trip to 'Crazytown' right when you narrow down the particle-displacement issue.

His mild annoyance can be justified by the fact that, twice in the last week, his plans have been disrupted. First, his girlfriend/lab assistant Willow got a speeding ticket and was grounded by his boss, which kind of ruined his plans for Successful Date #14. And now the apocalypse was happening, which kind of ruined his plans for curing world hunger.

Oh, and his aunt's going nuts. That's kind of a downer.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey...uh...Zee? Is there anything the Order and I can do to help avoid this whole end of the world thing? I can't really help Adele if the world's gone," Garrett is already wearing half of his leather and iron lamellar armor.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #648

"Dancing man, fountain, knows what to do. Things are flammable, burn the ones that need to be burned. Okay, got it! Bye!"

Magtok nods, makes a run for the door, and then GTFO's as quickly as he can manage. I'm going with him, so see ya later, Zee! Good luck with your crazies and whatnot!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #649

Zee takes a deeeeeeep breath and-!

"Go to the Slums and look for a mural on a red brick wall. The mural will depict a black sun over a burning landscape. Push on the wall under the sun. If anyone asks you what you're doing tell them 'The sky is weeping.' Say nothing else to them besides that no matter how much they press."

Twitch.

"Eventually the wall will give way. Step inside and pick up the brown paper bag you find. Immediately discard the bag and shatter the empty bottle you on the sun outside. Give the broken bottle to the first person you pass who doesn't speak to you. Tell them 'You know what must be done,' and leave. Do not look back."

Blarghs out the instructions she had given to the hobbit, word for word.

Zee then flashes a Garrett a rather crazy smile. "Maybe! Do you know how to stand on your hands?"

She asks that question as though the fate of the world rests on the answer.

She then gets her sleeve pulled by the hob! Zee leans in really close and whispers, "The world is going crazy. Trust only the cookies."

20. - Top - End - #650

Andy returns to Zee with a first Aid kit in hand.

"Should I have a look at this?"

He points at her wound on her foot.

21. - Top - End - #651

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    Ashley pulls back her hand as soon as Ally wakes up. "Hey. I believe I promised you a few drinks. With how you're looking, though, seems like you could use some coffee."
    The young redhead stretches. 'M fine. Just resting my eyes.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Orc in the Playground

The little elf blinks. Trust only the cookies?

Well, he thinks Zee's crazy now. Obviously crazy. But all these other people seem to be taking instructions from her. Maybe she's a crazy prophetess or something.

The hob suddenly gives everyone a suspicious look, grabs one of the cookies he made, and holds it close. He's not trusting anyone unless its a talking cookie until the world stops being so crazy.

Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #653

"Of course you were," Ashley says with a smile, reaching into her bag of holding. "The bartender's out of it, so do you mind if I provide the drinks?"

24. - Top - End - #654

Oh, my, that's a good way to get drugged. Sure, I'll drink what you've got. Ally gives the illusionist a teasing smirk.

25. - Top - End - #655

The NPC waiters are actually fine. They've been picking up the slack since the PC bartender is busy going completely crackers for the time being.

Zee doesn't say anything when her leg is tended to. Judging from her finger nails the wound on her leg is probably self-inflicted. She's been itching at it an awful lot.

As for the cookies...

The cookies don't say anything.

Though given how good of a cook the hob is they're probably delicious. Maybe Zee was saying that he needs to trust in his own abilities? Or maybe just trust people he's given cookies to in the past? Maybe she meant that if he gives someone a cookie now then they'll be trustworthy.

...or maybe Zee is just going insane.

26. - Top - End - #656

"Now why would I drug someone as cute as you?" Ashley replies, with a mock-innocent smile. She pulls a bottle of wine from thw bag, clearly unopened. Two glasses are conjured a few seconds later.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

It's pretty safe to say Despair's going to be inactive a while, merely drinking in the Negative Sunlight.

Jakob, on the other hand, is effective enough in combat to maybe make a difference in some of the more dangerous missions. And with WATCHTOWER. And with a level of experience fighting Eldritch Abominations, even if they were Eldrazi rather than the Lovecraftian type.

Oooh, pick me!
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

28. - Top - End - #658

Good question. I don't really have anything worth stealing. Not quite true, but Ally smiles back.

29. - Top - End - #659

Well andy would jump over the bar and beginn to bendage the wounds, better doing it fast since she didi it herself.

"You should really care about yourself. many people belive in you and they want to revent that world destruction."

And suddendly Andy thougts of the worst case, what would be Zee, since she isn't herself, who colects Items to awake the Old ones.

30. - Top - End - #660

"Well, in that case, maybe I should watch my back." Ashley cracks open the wine bottle, and pours a glass for each of them. "So, what shall we drink to?"