New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

The sandwich is pretty delicious. Turkey and marbled cheese and lettuce with butter and a little bit of mustard. Djion mustard, not that instant stuff.

It's not as good as one of Zee's sandwiches, but it's pretty darn good.

Talid sits next to Plum quietly, and while she waits for her to eat, she pulls something from her pocket.
    A pair of knitting needles and some pink yarn! It looks like she's about half-way through making an incredibly tiny sock.

And then a second chimera arrives! Talid looks up at it and nods reverently, but doesn't stand up. One of the men who are cleaning does go meet it, though. He's dressed like the other three cultists, in a black robe with bright blue trimming, and a robin mask. He bows deeply to the chimera. "Welcome, Starchild." He says in a deep, rich voice. "We are honoured by your presence."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

The little girl waves at her sibling!

"These people are nice. They're going to help at Trog's while Mother is sleeping," Plum explains in that quiet, friendly voice of her's. She's doing her best to contain just how much she's loving that sammich! It's just so good that she could scream it from the rooftops! "Thank you for the food, miss Talid..."

As quiet and shy as even.

Apparently that's about as loud as she can be.

And now...

To tackle the giant mug of hot chocolate.

It's going to take both of her little hands to heft that thing.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

"You are?" The chimera seems a little confused, but soon dismisses it. "Um, hiya!" She glances at Plum once more and decides to shift to her half drow form as well. When she does so, she ends up standing on the back of the chair. The chair predictably topples, depositing her on the floor.

Her humanoid for is predictably rather different than her chimera for. Looking to be eight years old by human standards and half drow, half human. Her skin is dark, and her hair is white and styled in a bob cut. She's dressed in loose fitting black pants and long sleeve shirt, which are tight around the wrist and ankles. Sort of like a martial arts outfit of some kind. A mask covers around her eyes, preserving the bandit look of her chimera form's raccoon face. She peers up at the cultist with her bright, blue eyes, her smile revealing her small fangs, the only part of her chimera form to carry over.

4. - Top - End - #814

The hot chocolate is like a ray of light from heaven itself. The chocolate is rich and creamy, not too sweet but not at all bitter. The marshmallows are half melted but dissolve in Plum's mouth, a delicious and sugary foam. It is beautiful. It is amazing. It is a work of art.

It's hard to tell under his robin-shaped mask if Sage is smiling or not, but the man chuckles and extends a hand to the newly arrived chimera.
    "We are, Starchild." He says.

"The Watchers of the Warden - that's us," Mother Talid speaks up, setting aside her knitting, "were founded recently to Watch Over Trogs as your mother, the Warden, Watched Over Us." Her voice is old and a little low, but soft and comforting. "In The Warden's Absence, we will run Trog's for Her and provide safe harbour for Her Children." She motions for the new arrival to sit down with them. "If you would like, Allysa can make you something to eat."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

5. - Top - End - #815

"Some people are really sad," Plum comments after getting over her initial shock at how delicious the hot chocolate is. "They think that Mother can die forever like a mortal does. We need to let people know that Mother will wake up again so they won't be sad anymore."

People being sad would make Plum sad!

And that would be terrible.

"And we should let those scary people with the guns know that we aren't bad guys. I heard that they shot at some of our brothers and sisters..."

That's pretty terrible...

"You should eat some of the food. It's very good. It's much better than spawn of Hastur."

Tasted like old socks!

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

The nameless chimera plops on the seat by her sister and Talid. "Okay. Can you make me a sammich? Ooh, or I could help? Or you could make me one then I can make you one?" I think she inherited sammich making skills from Zee. Or maybe she just thinks she did.

"I had to fly away from the scary people. I don't know why they wanted to shoot me. I was just trying to fight one of Cthulhu's spawn."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-04 at 07:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "I had intended to use them to free myself in a less direct manner... My creator did not imprint any commands past the completion of my mission, so my best chance of freedom is to simply do what I was made to do." Prometheus grimaces slightly at the taste of the wine, but it's better than he remembers at least, and he takes a second, much smaller sip. "As regrettable as that is."
    "You don't like the idea of military command, then?" Bellan asks, leaning toward Pro a bit in interest. The giant adds, "What do you want, then? Perhaps you can perform your function and make time for personal freedoms."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #818

At the mention of people attacking the starspawn, the cultists all exchange nervious, worried glances.
    People were attacking the Warden's Children?
    They couldn't have this!
    Meanwhile, though, Allysa nods at the second starspawn, her zebra mask bobbing up and down."I think it would be very nice of you to make me a sandwich, Starspawn. Maybe you could teach me a few tips?" She stands, motioning for the masked girl to follow her.

Meanwhile, Mother Tarid gives Plum a concerned look. "Starchild, who attacked you? Did you get a good look at them?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

9. - Top - End - #819

Ashley re-enters the tavern, looking generally satisfied. She should be, of course, considering she helped stop the apocalypse. She walks over to the bar, wondering how she was going to get to HALO and see Ally.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Darst walks in and immediately claims his bloodstained stool. He examines the room, looking for people that look like they might have a job that he could do.

11. - Top - End - #821

Plum shakes her head.

"I don't know. I could never see their faces. They always had dark helmets on," the little girl replies as she nibbles at her sammich. And pensively glances over at her sister to see if she can't spot any bullet wounds.

She doesn't know if the people who were shooting at them were using rounds augmented by the Eye of Derleth or not. Wouldn't be quite as dangerous if they weren't. But if they are...

Well...

Then their weapons would be downright lethal.

And it makes Plum so sad to think of her siblings being killed.

Especially when they just want to help people.

12. - Top - End - #822

Ashley goes over to the bar, ordering an Aboleth Absinthe. She pays a little extra than most, being rather happy in general. She spots Plum and gives a slow wave.

13. - Top - End - #823

As Ashley steps up to the bar, she is greeted by a man in a black frog mask and matching black robes. As she gives her order, Jeffry bows and makes drink. "As the Warden would, we do in Her place. Enjoy your drink." He says as he hands her the absinthe.

Meanwhile, Tarid nods thoughtfully, slowly. Who in the Nexus would be responsible for that? It sounded like some sort of private army...
    Which meant that the Watchers would be able to do little about it. However, if they could spread the word that Trog's was a safe harbour...
    But how?
    "Starchild," Tarid asks Plum, "you wouldn't happen to have a psychic link to your siblings?" It was entirely feasible, and would certainly make things much easier.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

The front door creaks open and Raril steps inside. The drow is moving slowly, gingerly. Though he'd been healed, he still hurt. His clothes were shredded and stained. Exhausted, he finds the open chair nearest to the door and collapses into it.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

The nameless chimera has thankfully not suffered any wounds. Her small size and speed aided her greatly.

"Okay!" She says cheerfully. She gets up to follow Allysa. "What kind of sammich do you want? I'll make it extra delicious for you."

Oh wait. Suddenly Raril. "Father!" The chimera exclaims and runs over to the drow. "Are you hurt? Can I help you?" Her voice is full of concern.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-04 at 11:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

"Psychic?" the little girl replies uncertainly. Then shakes her head. "No. We just talk."

It's a very useful way to pass information from one person to another!

Psychic links really isn't Zee's thing. And in turn it really isn't her offspring's thing either.

Ashley is waved at rather sheepishly. The little girl seems to be quite shy...

And then Raril arrives!

Shortly followed by Raven and Divaonar!

Chimeras everywhere!

"Father," Plums pipes up, no louder than usual but clearly more excited! She hurries over to Raril's side to give him a hug! Yay hugs! "Someone hurt Mother. Why would anyone do that?"

"I don't believe it was cultists,"
    Raven adds. "She would have known if servants of the Old Ones were attacking her."

Divaonar gives a little gasp at that. "But why would anyone from the Nexus want to hurt her? She's one of the good guys! One of the goodest good guys!"

17. - Top - End - #827

Suddenly chimeras, thousands of them.

Ashley looks at the scene, approaching the group. She seems very concerned, as she can probably guess who their mother is. "What happened to her?" she asks in a low voice.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Orc in the Playground

A black-and-white armored individual walks into Trog's, holding his laser rifle. "Hey, has anyone seen any..."

This is the part where he spots the Watchers.

"...leftover...cultists..."

Squint.

Someone had better explain before he starts shooting.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2011-08-04 at 11:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril shakes his head. "I don't know. She just... felt dizzy and fell over. She never knew what was wrong. I never saw anything even touch her." The drow scratches at the old scar on the side of his head. "I don't know what happened, but I intend to find out."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

20. - Top - End - #830

Two chimeras and a little girl glance over at Trent when he walks in! Mother hadn't told any of them about him. Probably because she really didn't know the guy herself. So... he's just some person with guns.

They haven't had very good experiences so far with people who have guns.

But... Having Divaonar there. He makes them feel brave! So long as he's around they can't lose, 'cuz they're the good guys! And Raven is really scary! And Plum can sing people better! And the raccoon-hawk chimera is really fast, like... ZOOM!

And Father is here too!

So if that guy with the gun decides to make trouble, he'll be in for it!

Raven approaches Trent, padding up to him as silently as death in one's sleep. "There is no one here of any threat. Put your weapon away."

...so scary...

The other chimera have no idea how anyone could possibly stand up to Raven!

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mother will be okay, Father. Don't worry." The still nameless chimera tries to hug Raril. Yay, hugs. Hugs make everything better.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Meanwhile, by the door that Trent just entered!
    The bit of air that had existed some space behind him shimmers slightly, before patches of it proceed to look distinctly like black cloth, then hands, then a hat, then some fuzzy rabbit ears, then a face, before the rest of the body patches in.

She looks a bit like a half-drow, like the others wandering around, save for those giant rabbit ears on the top of her head.
    She's dressed in very loose, all-black clothes, with a little almost-turban hat on its head, with holes for the ears.
    Sneaking forward in soundless clothe shoes, the girl proceeds to look very intently up at Trent, drawing her hands back towards her waist...

And then leaping forward in an attempt to hug the back of his leg!
    "HAAAAAI YA!"
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-08-05 at 12:06 AM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #833

Allysa starts to head towards the Kitchen with the racoon-faced chimera, but suddenly finds herself abandoned! The zebra-masked woman turns, gazing out at the new arrivals. Under her mask, she smiles to herself. Time to make a lot of sandwiches!
    The young woman pushes the Kitchen Door and slips inside.

"I see." Tarid says, slowly. She looks at Plum for a few moments, before a sudden bustle of movement at the door distracts her. "Excuse me, Starchild." The cultist says, standing to greet her customers.

Waking over to the door, Tarid approaches the gun toating man and Raril. She bows to them, her hands clasped at her waist. Mother Tarid is an elderly woman, with wrinkled skin, silvery hair and knees that creak. Like the rest of the cultists, she is wearing a black mask - hers of a ferret - and black robes with bright blue trim. "Welcome to Trog's Tavern." She says, in a soothing and grandmotherly voice. "I am Mother Tarid, my brothers and sisters and I are The Watchers of the Warden. We are a nonviolent church with a simple purpose: As the Warden Watched Us, we Watch For Her. While She Sleeps, we are making sure that the tavern is run smoothly." She motions Trent to a table, waving for him to take a seat. "I am Mother Tarid."

And then something that the chimeras called the drow pings in her mind. Father? She glances at Raril, and glances at the half-drow form chimeras dancing around him. Yes, the family resemblance was there. She turns to Raril, bowing especially deeply. "You must be Raril, husband to The Warden. You are welcome here. I must say that it is a deep honour to be in your presence."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

"I-" Trent is rudely interrupted before he can reply to Raven or Tarid as the yelling catches his attention, causing him to whirl around and point his gun down, rather like a reflex...

That means the front of his leg probably gets hugged instead as he immediately stops pointing the gun at the girl. "Word of advice, kid. Don't sneak up on people with guns like that. Now off, I'm busy." He shakes his leg a bit as if to dislodge her.

He raises a hand, holding one (non-offensive) finger up as if telling Raven and Tarid to wait while he deals with this.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The girl's ears flop back a little as she stares up at the gun, with big ol' eyes, proceeding to look several shades of adorable and maybe worried.
    But then she giggles and lets go of his leg, before running off towards a nearby chair.
    "I win! Yay!"

Seems a bit like she won a game of tag.
    Although judging by her initial entrance, maybe it would be better called "stalker tag".
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #836

Raven stands there near Trent for another few moments before quietly following her sister off into the tavern. "Be careful around the humans with weapons, sister. Some of them are violent."

Divaonar sticks his tongue out at Raven. "I don't think he's so bad! He just seems kinda jumpy is all! Besides, his toy isn't augmented with the Eye. It's not like it would be dangerous!"

Raven shoots Divaonar The Look.

He immediately shrinks away.

...so scary...

"Mother would not approve of us being shot whether it harms us or not. She would want us to be exercise caution and discretion. Wisdom in even the simplest actions."

...is she talking about some other Zee? Because I don't think I know of any Zees that fit that description.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

One of the girl's ears flops over her face, while the other remains perked straight up.
    When Raven speaks, the other ear droops a bit too.

"The Words seemed to think I'd be fine!
    You're just being a sourpuss. It's all ooooookay!"

Her ears perk back up again, she giggles, and her lower body abruptly vanishes, again in little patches.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #838
    Orc in the Playground

With that dealt with, Trent turns back to Tarid. "While I get the feeling you might not be the cultists I'm looking for, I hope you'll understand if I decide to stay up." His eye visibly twitches a little bit as he suppresses the powerful urge to start torching things.

Someone might pick up on his unhealthy hatred of cultists at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric enters the tavern about now, wearing a denim jacket and jeans. The observant may notice that his chest and stomach are larger than they should be fro his frame... as if he's hiding something underneath them. When he comes in, he says, "Is Zee here? I need to talk to her."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #840

And upon asking that question Eric will have it answered by a chimera clinging to the wall just above his head. A half white antelope half gecko half snowy owl half arctic fox chimera! Those gecko toes of hers are being put to good use.

"Umm... Mother is sleeping right now," she comments in a rather quiet, hesitant voice. "She'll wake up. But we don't know when."

Huh.

Well...

That's unfortunate.

There seem to be lots of chimeras in here. And little half-drow children. Children and chimeras everywhere!