New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Divaonar shakes his head. "It's a package deal. You get all of it or you get none of it. Eerr... You might even offend Yoggy if you told him you don't like the tentacles. He's kind of... weird..."

But that could be said about any of the Primordials, honestly.

Weeeeird...

"I don't know where you would find the key. You would have to figure that out on your own."

Sounds like a quest!

"The Key is highly sought after though. You may... uhh... have some competition."

"People will try to kill you," Ib'ahalii clarifies.
    "Frankly? that's no different than it's been since I got here." Eric says, chuckling

He reaches out a hand and a chair slides toward him, which he then sits down in, "So where can I find it? I won't know what'll happen unless I try this, right? I don't see a reason to delay."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

A large dark red raven, with a human mouth on its chest, and human arms in place of its feet, enters.

It appears interested to see the Kroot, and, if no-one stops it, will fly over to him and say:

"You might be interested to know that you are no longer being chased. At least for the moment. Their creator is otherwise occupied"

(Leaving out the fact that she's occupied with talking to him through another Blood Bird, and that he's offering to help her make better servants because he's curious.)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 09:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wookiee can't help but think this situation is as silly as the Kowakian monkey-lizard incident at Queen Kylatha's royal ball (which he had party-crashed, of course). His gloved hands reach for the DL-44 blaster in the holster attached t his pants. There's a reason that kind of blaster is illegal in Imperial space; this small pistol has roughly the same firepower as a fully charged E-11 rifle.

The Half-Klingon woman seems to be enjoying combat a little to much. This might have to do with the fact that she hasn't fought anyone in weeks. She's nearly as happy as a Mugato in a targ-butchery. She sets her disruptor to the highest setting, and prepares to fire once the Wookiee's current power-pack is depleted.

Both seem unaware of Percival, though he may want to do something other than stand there and watch if he doesn't want to get riddled with blaster bolts and dirsuptor blasts.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "No. The last thing i did was befor I got here and then I did nothing. So until I'm in the Nexus I lived from the money I had and from GloG charity."
    "Really? I've been living at GLoG since my home was destroyed. Do you spend much time there?'

Riley

Riley peers out from behind MLH and stares at the null.
    "What is that?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    MLH, or Ib'ahalii as he was recently named, has formed a radiant white halberd as soon as the null had come tumbling into the tavern. In fact, the weapon is still pointed at the thing in case it started to move again.
    Flix walks back over to the null's corpse, making a placating motion with his hand at Ib'ahalii and Divaonar. He doubts that an unarmored target could survive three pulse rounds to the head like that, though he could be proven horribly wrong in the near future. He's also a little curious as to how the child got his hands on that polearm, but decides to not ask about it. He'd spent the first thirty seconds in the Nexus being attacked by a vampire and her faceless zombie minions, so it's obvious that he's crashed in a very bizarre place.

He then pauses for a second when he hears the raven, trying to think of what language it's speaking. It's one that he's familiar with, thankfully.

"Lovely," he says, turning to face the creature. His voice is flanging and birdlike. "I don't suppo-se they've left my..."

He stops speaking once he actually sees the thing that he's talking to, raising his sunglasses to get a better look at it. He mouths "what."
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-10 at 11:17 AM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

Andy looks away. He doesn't like to mention his position there now it sounds 'important'.

"Well I'm a council member there, but they still don't send any schecks for payment so it's a voluntary position."

He still avoids to face her taking another sip of his drink.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Barbarian in the Playground

"It's some kind of weird zombie," Ib'ahalii replies matter of factly before shouldering his weapon.

Divaonar continues poking the thing with a stick!

Poke poke poke! "I'm not sure where you would find it," Divaonar admits. "I just know of it. You would have to find it in your own."

Too bad there isn't a library in the Nexus, huh? One that has lots of information on spooky Eldritch things.

Raven, who looks more like a girl and less like a bird with extra mouths, is busy watching the talking raven at the moment. It's... weird. To say the least. She doesn't seem to trust the magical bird. But then... she doesn't trust many people so that probably isn't too much of a shock.

Sadei is still sitting near Raril. He might be dead timed but that doesn't make her feel any less safe having him around. She quietly begins humming to herself, a quiet almost lullaby-like tune.

Sounds... nice. Weird music to have in the background of a blaster fight, though.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-10 at 12:23 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric contemplates looking into Divaonar's mind to see whether he's telling the truth, but decides against it. Divaonar was a starspawn - he had no idea what it would do to his brain to try to read the mind of something like that. Probably mutate him further.

"... Do you think there's a library on arkham street that I could try out?"

Eric has looked around the city before. He's somewhat genre savvy, at least, and knows that arkham street is where all the crazy stuff goes down.

Seriously, that street is spooky.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flix and the Blood Bird]

The raven (wonky raven, not the half-drow Raven) looks mildly confused, as much as a bird can, and then says:

"Ah. You want to know what I am, correct? I am a created species, known as a Blood Bird."

(Also, Rebonack, don't forget, it has human hands and arms where its feet should be, not just an extra mouth)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 01:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flix continues to stare blankly at the bird for a few seconds more.

"...right."

Must be some weird local thing. The Kroot shrugs and slides his glasses back into place.

"Did you see if they were still hanging around my ship?" he asks, tapping the floor with his foot. "I still have some...equipment that I'll need to...retrieve from it."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, they are still there. Part of the reason being that her servants are eating your companion. Once they have finished with him, they should be more amenable to leaving. I must warn you, also, that while I am currently distracting them, I will not interfere directly in a fight, except to prevent it from spilling into my home."

The bird-thing pauses for a moment.

"However, that said, you are welcome to stay at my home for a while, if you will allow me to examine your weapons and spacecraft. As well, I may be able to retrieve the rest of your equipment, if you will describe it."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 01:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ummm..." Divaonar scratches at the back of his neck a bit. "I think so. I've never been to Arkham Street before. But Mother has..."

"There's a library there,"
    Sadei pipes up from the other side of the room.

Well there you go!

There's totally a library on Arkham street.

Perfect place to start!

There comes a snort from Raven (not the bird!) rather abruptly.

"If have need of retrieving your belongings I will aid you," the girl pipes up. The half-drow really doesn't look like she would be that much of a threat... But there's something about her that's just unnerving.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

The raven (Not the half-drow! ) says "A slight correction. While they are still there, they rather foolishly decided to attack on of my master's other creatures. As such, his other creatures will provide active assistance should you return, and are, in fact, currently moving to engage them in combat.

That's Blood Birds for you. They get formal when someone's not speaking through them, and Rael is currently doing other things.

The raven turns to Raven and says:

"Thank you for offering to assist him, and by extension, myself, in this."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 02:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Eric nods and says, "Thanks. I'll be heading there then. Shouldn't be hard to find, given the nature of the place." and unless someone stops him, Eric is going to leave the tavern, heading towards Arkham street

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Andy looks away. He doesn't like to mention his position there now it sounds 'important'.

"Well I'm a council member there, but they still don't send any schecks for payment so it's a voluntary position."

He still avoids to face her taking another sip of his drink.
    [COLOR="Orange"]"Oh. I see. That's a very important position though, why do you feel useless?["/COLOR]

Riley

Riley is glad Raven isn't bothering him, and gladly heads back to his table to hide from her.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Bugbear in the Playground

"What is important on a position that has no real controll over anyone. After all the council could also be called worker or anything else. It's still the only groupe of persons who work for GloG. And after all it doesn't mean that I have anything 'important' to do. You see 'council member' is just a useless description."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    The Wookiee can't help but think this situation is as silly as the Kowakian monkey-lizard incident at Queen Kylatha's royal ball (which he had party-crashed, of course). His gloved hands reach for the DL-44 blaster in the holster attached t his pants. There's a reason that kind of blaster is illegal in Imperial space; this small pistol has roughly the same firepower as a fully charged E-11 rifle.

The Half-Klingon woman seems to be enjoying combat a little to much. This might have to do with the fact that she hasn't fought anyone in weeks. She's nearly as happy as a Mugato in a targ-butchery. She sets her disruptor to the highest setting, and prepares to fire once the Wookiee's current power-pack is depleted.

Both seem unaware of Percival, though he may want to do something other than stand there and watch if he doesn't want to get riddled with blaster bolts and dirsuptor blasts.
    Percival merely watches, keeping back and out of the crossfire. He waits to see the outcome of the fight, an amused smile on his face.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

A woman in a trench coat and a floppy hat comes in. She heads straight for a shadowy corner, ordering a chocolate shake when she gets there.

She sets a small block of wood on the far edge of the table,

1:1 deals. Make any request.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

Thecla yawns, showing pointy wolf teeth. She licks her nose once and stretches, ahhh that feels so good. She looks around and then goes on her rounds to visit the corners, under the tables, sniff people's feet and generally check out the state of things in the Tavern.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Yes, they are still there. Part of the reason being that her servants are eating your companion. Once they have finished with him, they should be more amenable to leaving. I must warn you, also, that while I am currently distracting them, I will not interfere directly in a fight, except to prevent it from spilling into my home."

The bird-thing pauses for a moment.

"However, that said, you are welcome to stay at my home for a while, if you will allow me to examine your weapons and spacecraft. As well, I may be able to retrieve the rest of your equipment, if you will describe it."
    Flix snarls at the mention of his associate's condition. Being a Kroot, he's really not in a position to criticize others for choices in food, but the thought that his kindred was being eaten by those...things still makes his stomach turn.

"Krick deserved better than that, but there's really nothing that can be done for him now," he sighs. "And I'm grateful for the offer- both of you-" he glances at Raven "-but I feel like I should stay in this tavern for a bit. I'm exhausted, and I should probably do something with this thing."

He kicks the dead null.

"Besides, my equipment isn't in any sort of danger. The trunk's sealed, and it would take a very motivated looter to get in it without the keys."
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-08-10 at 04:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the Klingon woman hatches a plan that will most likely kill her, but its the only chance she's got. Rather than aiming for the Wookiee, she'll disintegrate the table he's using as cover. She'll have to wait three seconds to let her weapon cool down after that, though, or risk the weapon imploding as she fires the killing blow at the creature.

So, she starts; the green burst of energy hits the table, and it turns to dust near-instantaneously. The Wookiee, shocked, charges.

Three seconds till cool down.... The Wookiee leaps over the smouldering pile of dust, growling a curse or two in Shyriiwook.

Two seconds till cool down.... The Wookiee holsters his pistol, and prepares to full on bull rush the smaller combatant.

One second... The Half-Klingon pulls the trigger, but the Wookiee (now within arm's reach) tries to slap the gun out of her hand. This causes the disruptor to miss by a few centimeters, burning a large portion of the fur on the Wookiee's torso. The rest of the blast is headed for Percival's general direction. Hopefully it won't hit him.

The Wookiee proceeds to shove the Half-Klingon to the ground, and pulls out his DL-44. He seems to be conflicted as to whether he should kill his incapacitated foe.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

"You are welcome. But did your associate not also have a set of keys?"

A sort of human looking blob mist walks into Trog's. It will approach the 1:1 Dealer, unless stopped.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 04:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

*sniff* *sniff* at Flix's feet, they certainly smell interesting. She avoids the combatants on the floor.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Halfling in the Playground

Percival watches the energy weapons perform, looking impressed and bewildered by the projected energy weapons.

Then he gets shot at! Percival's struck in the arm, and though his flesh is resistant to fire, it still disintegrates and fries a curved chunk of his bicep.

The Nazi swears vehemently in German, clutching his wounded arm and gritting his teeth.

Percy takes a few steps forward, glaring at the woman before turning his gaze upon the wookiee. "Well? Make up your mind." Percival sounds like he's considering doing it himself. The pain is unpleasant, even for someone who's been to hell.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-08-10 at 04:38 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

The 1:1 dealer sets her drink down as the blob of mist approaches. Someone wanting to remove their curse?

"Yes? What do you desire?"

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

The mist sits down across from her, and says "Information. Specifically, I want to know what happened to the Firebrand, the ship I was serving on before crashing here in an escape pod."

The mist will pop back to human form.

Description: Harin is a medium height male with bone-white hair. He has dark grey eyes, but in the same way that Fremen have blue ones. He is fairly thin. He also has several gadgets implanted in him, including a Shadowrun-style cyberdeck, and has shaved the right side of his head so that he can use the jacks there. He usually wears his armored coat, which is, for purposes of description, a floor length white leather jacket. He has a tattoo of a dark blue dragon, the had of which starts on his left cheek, and continues down as though it were perched on his back and looking around from the right. He's currently wearing an Alliance uniform from Firefly under his coat.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

She steeples her fingers, thinking.

"Tell me about this ship. Is it a warship? Do you know where it was last? Who was it serving?"

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

"It was an Alliance cruiser. I suppose you could call it a warship. The last time I knew a location, it was near Persephone. It served the Parliament."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

"What is important on a position that has no real controll over anyone. After all the council could also be called worker or anything else. It's still the only groupe of persons who work for GloG. And after all it doesn't mean that I have anything 'important' to do. You see 'council member' is just a useless description."
    "Oh. I can see how that could be upsetting."

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You are welcome. But did your associate not also have a set of keys?"
    Flix shakes his head.

"No. We keep the all keys to each car together on one ring for security purposes. I pulled them from the ignition before I got out," he explains, patting one of the pockets on his vest. It jingles softly. "Not the cleverest of ways to keep things secure, but it's worked for me so far."

He waves a foot at Thecla, trying to shoo her away.
    Spoiler
    Show