New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Well I live at a place called Watchtower. I guess it's only really my favorite because all my friends are there too. The forest around it is really nice though." Sakura should know, but she's lees familiar than most. Comes with being mostly stationary.
    "Why is it called the watchtower? Is it actually one?" Reis asks, intruiged. Then, as always, he is always interested in the landmarks and good places of anywhere he finds himself.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen carefully reaches out to break off another piece of the comfort-browie.
    Nibble nibble.
    Listen.
    Nibble nibble.
    Listen.

The girl gives a slight nod to the first part, about Mychasi, sincerely hoping that's true.
    She'll feel bad about worrying him...but it's better than disappointment, right?

And then Zee gets back onto that thing with the sword.
    Which creeps some nervousness and clouds back into Kara's head.
    This always happens when people talk about the sword.

She's not sure what her friend is talking about, with the Warp and such, but maybe she's implying the sword is cursed.
    Which still can't be true. She checked it!

Although...
    "I don't know...I've...been having thoughts like this for awhile...wondering if just helping was enough...if...I shouldn't be more active against the madness..."
    Which doesn't sound half as bad that way.
    Until you start getting into the nitty gritty of tearing the "madness" to pieces and using its blood to paint warning signs on buildings.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, there's all five senses, then some others for different targets. They you got to work within your target's willing suspension of disbelief." The witch sounds like she's quoting someone. She did say witch in training after all.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashley chuckles a little. "Where'd you read that?" It doesn't sound like an insult, or derision. The illusionist downs the rest of her root beer.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    "Why is it called the watchtower? Is it actually one?" Reis asks, intruiged. Then, as always, he is always interested in the landmarks and good places of anywhere he finds himself.
    "Well, kinda, I guess. It's a big, tall building. Mostly called Watchtower because of the group that uses it. They protect the world from big threats. My friends are part of that. I'm... not. Not anymore at least." Sakura says, frowning a little by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    Ashley chuckles a little. "Where'd you read that?" It doesn't sound like an insult, or derision. The illusionist downs the rest of her root beer.
    Genevieve looks a little sheepish. "I learned it from one of the full witches that taught me actually." She admits.

6. - Top - End - #186

Now Zee listens! Though Kara doesn't have much to say. But... it's more what she doesn't say that's of concern.

The sword belongs to a wizard.

But apparently she plans on continuing to... remove some of the less pleasant aspects of the City.

It's all very fishy to say the least.

Oh!

"I know what you can do!" she suddenly pipes up cheerfully. "You can leave the sword in the summoning circle at Inari's! Once the binding magic is done no one will be able to take it out of there. It'll be safe for your friend and I won't need to worry about you possibly getting corrupted by an evil sword of evilness!"

Yay!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187

Ashley gives a warm smile. "Hey, it's good to have someone teach you those kind of things. I'm a little jealous, to be honest."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Zee uses COMPELLING LOGIC.
    It's super effective!

Kara sees that this plan makes a great deal of sense and that it's probably an absolutely fantastic idea.
    And yet...it just doesn't seem good enough to her, not enough to let her relinquish [her friend]'s sword.
    Instead she fidgets a little more.
    "Didn't...some old shade escape from that circle one?"
    Maybe it was Edict. Maybe he got out some other way.

She doesn't have an argument as such, so she'll poke at something else vaguely related!
    At least imply that the summoning circle isn't all-powerful, or something.
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is pretty nice. So how'd you learn to use your magic then if there was no one to help you learn? I guess you can do it naturally, but it sounds like it would be tough." Genevieve says. Seems odd to her, not having a teacher.

10. - Top - End - #190

Zee scratches at the back of her neck a bit.

"Not... that I know of?"

She doesn't have exhaustive knowledge of what goes on at Inari's. Though she does recall that really neat circle and just how crazy powerful the silly thing was.

A shrug.

Then the subject is dropped.

"Can I get you anything to eat? Anything that isn't a slab of chocolate?"

Because people need to eat real food too.

Even people that are magical flying lizards.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The subject drop is probably a good thing, for Kara's mind.
    She was dangerously close to panicking a little, being trapped into a spot she couldn't successfully talk her way out of.

The girl is utterly convinced that panic, at this point, would lead to disaster of some sort.
    But now, she can nibble the rest of the brownie away and focus on food instead, thanks to Zee's probably wise choice in new-topic.
    "Um...maybe a teensy bit of bamhacon..."
    Slightly less shy feeling here, with the distraction and promise of one of her favorite foods here.
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #192

"Trial and error," Ashley responds. "I didn't have any resources, so I just experimented with what I found. It turned out okay."

13. - Top - End - #193

A little plate of bamhacon?

You mean that one right there in front of you Kara?

The one still sizzling from the heat of the flames?

The one giving off that wonderful aroma that only food made from piggies can match?

Mmm... piggies.

Zee simply offers a silly smile.

"I hope you enjoy it! Fresh made, not that silly stuff that gets stuffed under a heat lamp."

'cuz that's the worst.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds like it'd be hard." Guidance makes things so much more easy. "I couldn't have learned anything but cantrips without the older witches to teach me."

15. - Top - End - #195

"It was. Took about three years before I was casting anything really powerful." Ashley orders a glass of water. "But, I kept at it."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh Zee, always making your food so presentable and almost showy, without seeming to be either at all.

This distraction is enough to eek out almost the faintest hint of a smile from Kara.
    Or maybe it's the aroma.
    Who knows?

"Thank you, Zee..."
    For more than just the bamhacon, undoubtedly.
    That tasty tasty bamhacon that Karaglen is stabbing at.

What?
    She wasn't hungry a few seconds ago?
    Well that was a few seconds before she had delicious bamhacon in front of her.
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #197

Fade still there laugths after noting that the Magbot got into the way of the arrow. He stands up and goes to the bar ordering another Nuke Cola. He looks around the bar, maybe there is someone free to talk to .
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Into the tavern stomps a creature in an iron diving suit, carrying a harpoon in one hand, a large keyring in the other. It turns to look around the bar, although how it sees through it's clouded, cracked visor is a very good question. "I seek heroes slash adventurers slash mercenaries for a quest. Are there any here?"
    ((Since no one appears to have responded to this, I'll do so. ))

Jacques is standing off to the side, Revolver still safely in its holster. Still, he's daring enough to do things most would consider stupid.

"What exactly is it you need?"

((Let's go ahead and pretend that we finished the Hospital Attack plot, given that everyone else escaped long ago and Pavel's been returned to sanity anyway. ))
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

19. - Top - End - #199

"I need people willing to travel to the CARP facility currently located over the Tartaros rift and remove the undead interlopers assailing the station before they successfully re-awaken an elder evil." The diver suited thing says, voice flat and monotone despite the obvious urgency of the situation.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Alamar considers the diver suited thing for awhile, rubbing his chin. Well, sitting around in this tavern getting drunk all day certainly wasn't what he was looking for. Nodding to himself, he stands and walks over.

"You have my interest."
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

21. - Top - End - #201

"And you have my sword!" Zee pipes up, dramatically raising her sword to be seen by all!

...umm...

Zee?

That's a spatula.

After a moment or two she seems to realize that she is not, in fact, holding a sword of any kind. The spatula is placed on the nearby grill as she begins hunting for an actual weapon.

"Rubber duck... rubber chicken... fun noodle... pasta strainer. Hmm... that might work as a helmet... Rat flail... rolled up news paper... Ah HA!"

She stands up again, this time wielding a deadly butter knife!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig enters Trog's Tavern, riding on his wolf, Viima. As is usual, the goblin heads for the bar while the wolf goes to curl up by the fireplace.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Navaja and Querat are still here, possibly with Marv.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

"Thank you." The thing says, sounding more than a little confused by Zee's antics, which is quite a feat considering it's voice is obviously electronic and emotionless. "At 0200 hours three days ago, the facility was attacked by a powerful necromancer and several undead servitors, overwhelming the crew and researchers stationed there and turning them into similar creatures. The necromancer then took control of the stations magic siphoning field, previously used to extract raw magical energy from the crystalline mana deposits within the rift, and began to drain the life-force of nearby marine life, as well as siphoning magic at a dangerous rate. If left unchecked, the unclassifiable lifeform in the rift, commonly referred to as an eldritch evil, will likely awaken."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-27 at 01:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

"That sounds terrible!" Zee announces, waving her butter knife in a suitably heroic fashion. "We can not allow such a dreadfully dangerous deed to be done! Though the quest will no doubt be fraught with doom and peril and we must not, ney, can not fail!"

She hops up on the counter, striking a dashing pose!

...where did she get that cape from?

"We will delve into this defiled place and lay low the undead scourge that has infested it! With righteousness and goodness on our side there is no chance for our shambling foes to succeed! Storm the fallen citadel and strike down upon the necromancer with great vengeance and furious judgment! Who will aid in this most noble of quests?"

Well?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen, at some point, had resumes her little draconic form.
    At present, she's curled up at a far end of the bar-top, on top of her sword, dozing rather...oddly.
    Claw twitches here and there, odd teeth barings, partial-wing flaps.
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

"This sounds like quite the undertaking. I, too, will help combat this threat."

Alamar can't help but grin a little at Zee's melodramatic heroism. Elsewhere he might have dismissed her as a butter knife wielding mad woman, but this was the Nexus.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Navaja and Querat are still here, possibly with Marv.
    Marv is indeed sitting next to the two, and has finally figured out what they should do next. "I got it. W€ w€r€ s€nt h€r€ wh€n the stupid ga^^€ ^^alfunction€d, right? So, all w€ n€€d to do is find anoth€r copy, and th€n- The sea-dweller smirks. -th€n w€ can €scap€ this stupid, bass-ackwards plac€."

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh. Alright then. Sounds good. So... what are the restrictions slash rules slash guidelines slash etc.?"
    "I cannot kill, nor affect anothers thoughts or emotions. Other than that, if it is in my power, it shall be done."
    -------

The thing in the divers suit nods to the three heroes. "I have a submarine docked in the place you call Riverside, which should suffice to lead us to our objective. If there is anything you need to do before we set out, do so, and meet me at [directions to an abandoned dock in Eastside].

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Marv is indeed sitting next to the two, and has finally figured out what they should do next. "I got it. W€ w€r€ s€nt h€r€ wh€n the stupid ga^^€ ^^alfunction€d, right? So, all w€ n€€d to do is find anoth€r copy, and th€n- The sea-dweller smirks. -th€n w€ can €scap€ this stupid, bass-ackwards plac€."
    I knew I picked a smart moirail! Que grins.

Nav is less impressed. Yeah, like that was such a novel idea, Que.
    Where the hell you think we're gonna find another copy, huh?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show