New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,362 of 1362

Thread: Center WW

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Center WW

Lot of interesting fun stuff, backroom dealings, uses of power. Fun game all around to be honest. Can't believe we won, to be completely honest. Thought we were going to lose pretty early in the game with what was going on, but surprise surprise, things changed and victory was had.

Also, apologies to Rosencrance for having a hand in both of your deaths. It's rather humorous in retrospect to be honest. I was hoping that you were a beast, and lo and behold you were and everything went better than I could of hoped for. Granted, that was when I also thought I needed to kill Runeboundshades due to being a neutral.

Very long game, ran almost half a year. So nice to now have a PM box that is under seventy messages now.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well. It all comes to an end eventually.

Despite winning, I'm actually disappointed by my performance in this game. There were several slips I made, both earlier on and later. And even then, once I died the Dyviil's just fell to pieces.

Which was mainly disappointing because at the time... At the time I had everything well planned out. I was in control of dealing with the Celestials, and I'd worked out who every one of them was.

Admittedly, I'd had some help there...

Also, just before my death was when Xan and I stopped RPing in the Anzjiel/Dyviil chat.

But, in the end, I was surprised by the Celestials inclination to help out their former opponents. And... Well, thanks Lex.

Also, yeah, I didn't talk too much around in this game. >.>

EDIT:
    Actually, there was quite a lot of enjoyable bits of this game. Being the ghost mastermind along with Xan was fun, and on top of that, being the only reason the ghosts weren't split left and right occasionally was fun.

Coming up with plots to get Grimmace back into his grave was fun. Pengi's narrations were good, sometimes brilliant..

And.. Well, tricking town into thinking I was a Airkin, then forcing them to use one of their rare NK's was good, even though I'd made mistakes already.

And probably thousands of other things I'm forgetting right now was also fun. :D
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-02-17 at 11:02 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Question: What happened to my Heal for Gray Mage? I tried to revive him Night 2, and Fat Tony was raised instead. And to top it off, I lost my ability after that."

Banjo redirected it.

Although, I have to ask, why the hell did you people keep QTs secret from the narrators? Once we had links, we never posted in them, save once in Hall of the Outsiders to ask if I could borrow the rp for use in a narration.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Rosencrance
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanmyral View Post
    Lot of interesting fun stuff, backroom dealings, uses of power. Fun game all around to be honest. Can't believe we won, to be completely honest. Thought we were going to lose pretty early in the game with what was going on, but surprise surprise, things changed and victory was had.

Also, apologies to Rosencrance for having a hand in both of your deaths. It's rather humorous in retrospect to be honest. I was hoping that you were a beast, and lo and behold you were and everything went better than I could of hoped for. Granted, that was when I also thought I needed to kill Runeboundshades due to being a neutral.

Very long game, ran almost half a year. So nice to now have a PM box that is under seventy messages now.
    Rather than accept your apology, I should be thanking you for causing what would have eventually been a very entertaining role in the game and an overall thrilling experience. It was a great pleasure working with you for those few days I was suddenly motivated and hellbent on getting TheLaughingMan killed. And despite everything that went completely wrong for me, I somehow got my double victory, albeit not as climatic I would have liked.

Thank you whoever came up with the Dymiiun role, as it inspired me to do something, which, as Ramsus can and probably will attest to, is very difficult. And thank you, everyone, for a very enjoyable first game here at Gianttip. I wish Eternal Drifter the best of regard for whatever he's doing in life. Perhaps, one day, I may receive the honor of playing with you all again.

Until next time, whenever that may be.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    "Question: What happened to my Heal for Gray Mage? I tried to revive him Night 2, and Fat Tony was raised instead. And to top it off, I lost my ability after that."

Banjo redirected it.

Although, I have to ask, why the hell did you people keep QTs secret from the narrators? Once we had links, we never posted in them, save once in Hall of the Outsiders to ask if I could borrow the rp for use in a narration.
    Well at first it was because we didn't want you linking everyone the QT because they could have been recruited by the dyviils and we didn't want them to see it, and then from force of habit, I guess.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

I had the most impact early on, what with being recruited for the Anzjiels and then the Dyviils. At that point I kind of gave up my team alignment because just linking the Dyviils the Anzjiel QT would've been too boring.

Later on I managed to get recruited for the Anzjiels again, but the Town never recruited me, sadly.

And I didn't see anyone trying to figure out my 'cryptic' clues, so I gave up on those after a while.

If I recall correctly, the answers were, in order:
    Banjo
    Lemonus
    Xanmyral
    Tigerfang/Bladescape/Zar Peter
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

I remember killing you murska.
    it is rare to see a village killer, and i was one.
    i thought many would take the metal kin roles because of its awosome abilitys, but huh.
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Well at first it was because we didn't want you linking everyone the QT because they could have been recruited by the dyviils and we didn't want them to see it, and then from force of habit, I guess.
    That makes no sense. Why would we link people to a QT? Hell, we actually mentioned to Xan at some point that he could always "make another QT that the Dyviil couldn't see."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I don't know about the other hidden QTs, but when I made the New Celestials, I was paranoid of anyone I didn't completely trust getting ahold of it. For a short while, it was just me, then Billtodamax, then I let Xan and others finally in. But I still asked that they not reveal it to the Narrators. Sorry.

And great Narrations, Penguinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrance View Post
    And thank you, everyone, for a very enjoyable first game here at Gianttip. I wish Eternal Drifter the best of regard for whatever he's doing in life. Perhaps, one day, I may receive the honor of playing with you all again.

Until next time, whenever that may be.
    Hope to see you play again. I think you played well.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

I am hurt by the implication that I would sacrifice fun for petty revenge.

I don't even really know what I should've been mad about. As I mentioned, I was never on anyone's side after Night 2.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    ...but the Town never recruited me, sadly.
    The only way for that to happen officially involved the instruments.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good game, everyone! And farewell to you, Drifter! May our roads cross again someday, so I can finally settle our score!

I can't believe I was actually leading the town for like three days there. I don't even have a license and already I'd commandeered an entire town. Thanks to everyone who decided to stick around and be killed with me, as I only really took the job for ****s and giggles and wasn't prepared to go down any ships whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrance View Post
    I was suddenly motivated and hellbent on getting TheLaughingMan killed.
    You'd be surprised to see how many times that happens in real life.

And holy crap it's been six months?!

I... I suddenly feel the need to go outside more.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-02-18 at 01:03 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.