New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] MURDER I: Causing Fear Since About Five Minutes Ago.

MURDER

Mysterious Unscrupulous Reconnaissance, Dispatching, Espionage, and Ruination

This relatively young organization’s location is unknown by most, but its members know it to be from two to three kilometers underneath the East Side of Riverside. Specifically, underneath a very normal looking bar. However, it’s said if you either order the exactly correct drink, or are already a member, you will be allowed into the base proper. It is carved straight into the bedrock beneath the bar’s foundation.

MURDER is an establishment for the more illicit and/or gruesome actions that people may wish carried out. Supplies are low, but talent is high. Expect precision out of your contract.

Current Contracts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stu: Capture, alive and unharmed.
    Riv: Kill or maim.
    Ivaz and Zavi Erizo: Sever the life-bond between them.
    Capture a culinary mage for Ceres Fiske. Terminated by the Operative, on grounds of espionage.
    Amil - Fake her murder, bring her to the MagCave, alive and as unharmed as possible.

Rules of Membership
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. There are three steps to becoming a member of MURDER. The first is an interview with the current leader (the Operative.) Second, a test of the potential member’s worth. It’s rather open-ended, but the leader is encouraged to think of an appropriate test. If both are completed to the current leader’s satisfaction, the final step is simply to fill out a membership form.

2. A member may not attack another member for any reason, inside and outside base premises. Doing so is grounds for immediate, permanent, and irreversible dismissal.

3. Intentionally interfering with a contract is grounds for temporary dismissal, or another appropriate punishment.

4. All members of MURDER must contribute to the organization’s assets somehow. Members aren’t expected to go on every contract, but they will not loiter, either. Making weapons, training with other members, making repairs, etc., are all acceptable. (Note: This rule will be more lax in an absence of contracts.)

5. Revealing any information regarding MURDER, its members, or any contracts, to a non-member, is grounds for immediate dismissal.

6. Members are encouraged to work together to complete a contract. Any member who assists another for such a purpose will be rewarded appropriately.

7. Before making an attempt on a contract, a member must present sufficient information on the target, as well as a sufficient plan for the contract, to the current leader.

8. Dismissed members may appeal to have their dismissal reversed (except in violation of Rule #2.) Success requires such a member to get the current leader’s approval, and for them to complete a contract.
    Members who voluntarily left may rejoin at any time, with the current leader‘s approval.

Rules of Contracts
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Contracts cannot be made against members of MURDER. That said, you cannot become a member to avoid a contract against you.

2. MURDER reserves the right to reject your contract for any reason. We also reserve the right to not disclose this reason.

3. Contracts are for black ops - capture, theft, interrogation, assassination, and the like. If your contract does not follow this guideline, it will be rejected.

4. Generally, money is not an acceptable payment for a contract (except in very high amounts.) Favors, artifacts, or something of importance to the employer are preferable.

5. Payments must be in advance and in full.

6. Refunds are not given, except upon situations that make the contract impossible to complete.

7. Accepted contracts are active until either completion, or termination by the employer or the current leader.

8. Time limits may not be imposed upon contracts.

9. Making any attempt at espionage will result in the termination of your contract. You will not be informed of this, nor will you be subject to a refund.

Membership Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Species:
    Specialization:
    Power Source:
    Other Important Information:

OOC Notes & Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Don’t destroy the place or cause something similar (such as a permanent time freeze) unless it‘s part of an epic plot, and you‘ve ran it by me. Damaging the place is perfectly fine, but complete destruction tends to take all fun away from the other players.

2. No godmoding/godmodding. We all make mistakes, but repeated offenses fall under the realm of “not cool.”

3. Please try and keep posts over one or two lines of speech. Description is welcome. One-or-two liners that are mostly inconsequential are okay sometimes, just not all the time.

4. If you want random, lulzy stuff, this is absolutely not the place. Take that crap somewhere else. That said, silliness that is in moderation, well-role played, and considerate of other players, is absolutely welcome.

5. Romance/Fanservice is acceptable here, but always remember to curtain when you get past cuddling.

6. MURDER isn’t readily available knowledge. Most people don’t know of its existence, but anyone who has shady connections or questionable morals will know where it is and how to get there. PC’s shouldn’t have trouble getting to the place.

7. Assassinations are tricky, for IC and OoC reasons. If you want another player’s character dead, I will run it by that player via PM. If they’re okay with it, then all is well. If they’re not, then it’s not happening, and please don’t try again.

8. Until further notice, I will be starting all future MURDER threads. So, when we reach that 50-page mark, I ask that nobody start a new thread. However, helping me with a witty subtitle is more than welcome.

The Building
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are several hidden cameras and sound recorders in almost every room of MURDER. Can’t be too careful, after all.

(The Front - Ground level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The front for MURDER is a bar. Surprisingly, this bar has gotten somewhat popular, though nowhere near Trog’s or BDD levels. The bartender is a MURDER employee, and allows people into the base if they know how to get in. The cellar of the tavern also houses the entrance to MURDER - an elevator, called up by the bartender or from below. This elevator travels down exceedingly fast, and in about a minute, any passengers will find themselves at the first floor.

(First Floor - 2 km underground)
    Spoiler
    Show

Main Room
    MURDER’s main room is more of a lobby than anything. It’s the first thing someone will see upon exiting the elevator. It is hexagonal in shape, with a center desk, a few chairs, and no TV. (wot wot?!) There are several sliding doors on each wall, each of them leading to a different room, except the one across from the elevator, which leads to another, similar elevator. That one accesses all the other floors of MURDER.

Briefing Room
    This, overall, is about what one might expect from a briefing room. There’s a long, rectangular table, with two dozen comfy chairs laid around it. The center of the table houses a neat and perfectly functional hologram projector, that doubles as a communications device.

The Operative’s Office
    Actually the current leader’s office, but as long as the Operative’s leader, it’s his office. There’s a small desk, two chairs, and an empty bookshelf against the back wall. It will presumably contain all of MURDER’s immediate paperwork in the future, but it also hides a secret entrance to the Operative’s personal quarters.

Archives
    This room is rather small. It houses four bookshelves, and two computers. This is where all of MURDER’s backlog is stored, including completed contracts, information relevant to said contracts, and all membership forms. It is kept under lock and key at all times.

Quiet Room
    Sometimes, a client will want to have a bit of privacy. The Quiet Room is for that. It is completely sealed from the outside, and there is only one surveillance device - a tape recorder. Only two people in MURDER are allowed to access this recorder - the current leader, and whomever is most relevant to the contract (sometimes also the current leader.)

(Second Floor - 2.25 km underground)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Note: From the second floor down, all rooms and such are connected by hallways, rather than a central room.)

Kitchen
    This professional-grade kitchen doubles as a dining room. There’s food, and it varies in tastiness. There are also several tables where people can sit and eat said food, in an area separated from the actual kitchen by a half-wall.

Barracks
    As of now, there are thirty rooms in the Barracks, although there seems to be plenty of space to expand and build more rooms in. The rooms are arranged in three rows of ten, with five on each side. Each room is spacious, but clearly built for one person. There’s a bed, a desk, a dresser, and a bathroom with a toilet and sink. Members are allowed to refurbish their room as they desire. Each room’s doors are fitted with a keypad lock. Members are allowed to change the codes for that lock, but must tell the current leader that code.

Recreational Area
    First and foremost: This is where the TV is. And it’s a pretty nice TV, too. Other than that, though, this rather spacious room contains several tables that might be used for cards or other such games, a few dartboards, a pool/billiards table, and numerous other items that other people can think of. There’s even a mini-bar! (Empty, right now.) Seems the Operative knew the importance of relaxation when he had the place built.

Showers
    Public, and coed. There are cubicles, though, and curtains can be drawn across them by more shy members.

(Third Floor - 2.5 km underground)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Armory
    Now with a number of energy-based weapons and a few sets of armor, as well as three conventional firearms and a selection of melee weapons. Members are encouraged to donate any non-personal weapons they either find or buy to the Armory.

Lab
    For those members who like a scientific touch to their modus operandi. The lab is available to anyone who wishes to use it. The two main parts are a section for anything tech-related, and a chemist’s counter, mostly for making poisons.

Infirmary
    Sometimes, people get injured. When this happens, they're taken to the infirmary. It’s fairly state-of-the-art, with a healthy stock of medical equipment, anti-toxins, and the like.

Training Room
    Where members go to train, oddly enough. There are training dummies (most notably, a few Myrs, courtesy of Fade,) a firing range, and an obstacle course. A common method to test potential members is the assault course, a combination of a range and obstacle course.

(Fourth Floor - 2.75 km underground)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Garage
    As of now, there are no vehicles in the garage. Members are encouraged to contribute to this. There is a tunnel that leads to the surface, large enough for any conventional vehicle.

Vaults
    Storage for payments and collateral. Access is restricted to the current leader, and any who accompany them.

Security Cells
    Occasionally, someone is about to be subject to MURDER’s particular brand of interrogation. These people are taken to a Security Cell. They are 15’ square, and contain a single gurney, which a prisoner is usually strapped to. The back wall has all manner of torture instruments attached to it, in a number and variety that would make Jigsaw cry. There are no surveillance devices in these cells, and people on the outside cannot look inside.

Tunnels
    There is a network of tunnels branching from the Fourth Floor to the surface, mostly as an emergency exit. Members are issued with a map of the tunnels. They are encouraged to use it, as the tunnels are constructed as a maze, to detract pursuers or infiltrators. If one gets lost in the tunnels, survival will be rather difficult.

Defenses
    Spoiler
    Show
    -There are a few “wrong” drinks to order at the Front. Ordering any one of these will get you into the back of the front, but not into MURDER proper. Instead, you will be interrogated and likely killed. These drinks include the “Lament of Death,” the “House Brew,” and a Black Shadow.

-All entrances, which consist of the Front and all of the escape tunnels, can be sealed at a moment’s notice. The Front’s entrance will just look like a basement wall, and the tunnel entrances will look like the end of a cave.

- The second elevator is only operable by registered members and staff. If someone else tries to use it, the elevator is flooded with mustard gas, then fire.

-The entire base is under constant video and audio surveillance.

-Thanks to Teq's psionic dampener, all psions will find their powers either cancelled entirely, or severely impaired. This is particularly evident in attempts to read minds.

-Because of Fade's "Story Circle," teleportation in and out of the facility is impossible.

Current Assets
    Spoiler
    Show
    Members
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Operative (Founder & current leader) - Rotting Baron
    Jasper Thorn (Investor) - ThirdEmporer
    Peter Owersen Warsh - The Alexandrian
    Fade - Zefir
    Turiel Eseina - bladescape
    Teq Vraal - Murkus
    Kal'selthezaar - Kid Kris
    Lars Malbren - ThirdEmporer
    What Pumpkin - Lord Magtok
    Sarah Bloodchanter - BladeofOblivion
    Rael Kairos - C'nor

Employees
    Spoiler
    Show
    John Doe
    John’s the bartender of MURDER’s front. He’s an NPC, playable by anyone. His loyalty to MURDER is unwavering, though, and he never leaves the base. He’s a burly, muscular man, practically covered in tattoos from the neck down.

Jane Doe
    Like John Doe, Jane’s an NPC who is playable by anyone, with unwavering loyalty and never leaving the base. She is the secretary in the main room, and is boring enough to make her profession obvious.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firearms
    -1 CheyTac Intervention
    -1 HK G36K
    -1 HK MP7
    -5 AK-47s
    -3 HK416s
    -1 M249
    -3 Robinson Arnament XCRs
    -1 Vepr
    -2 Minebea PM-9s
    -1 XM8 Rifle
    -2 Mark 14 Enhanced Battle Rifles
    -3 FN P90s

-Additional generic weapons to be added later.

Other
    -Several energy-based weapons

Completed Contracts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marley - Fill three syringes with his blood. Completed by What Pumpkin.

Payments
    All payments are stored in the Vaults.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Two pieces of paper. Burning one will summon a demon to give a free Abyssal Pact (no pledging of your soul.) Stored in a Vault, awaiting completion of a contract.

-A stache of concentrated Time, which makes objects immortal and paralyzes people.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-12-04 at 05:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER I: Causing Fear Since About Five Minutes Ago.

[Main Room]

The Operative stands a few feet in front of the entrance elevator. Preparations were complete. As of this moment, MURDER was officially underway. He would have to thank Jasper for that investment. The spectre turns around, seeing Jane's desk in front of him.

"Ms. Doe, send all potential members and contract buyers my way." With that, he phases through the door to his office.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front - Ground level]

A certain 2nd Lieutenant (Peter Owersen Warsh) ambles into the bar, sporting civvies as soldiers are prone to do when they are off-duty. His white t-shirt, faded black jeans, and white tennis shoes do nothing to conceal his military bearing, however. His eyes are covered by expansive mirrored sunglasses coated in a thin film of nickel.

His bulging biceps, triceps, and forearms are clearly visible. His rough, shaggy, sun-scorched skin is drenched in soaked in sweat. His shirt clings to his muscular frame like a second layer of skin.

Warsh dispassionately surveys the interior of the bar, blood red lips curved in a rather inviting smile.

He marches up to the bartender and rests his left arm on the bar.

Without warning, Warsh breaks out in song!

"O'Leary is dead and O'Reilly don't know it. O'Reilly is dead and O'Leary don't know it. They're both of the dead and they're in the same bed, and neither one knows that the other one's dead."

A second passes.

Tick!

"I'm expected."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-30 at 11:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

[The Front]

John Doe is cleaning a mug when Peter starts his little song. The bartender is less than impressed (you call that a rhyme, mister?!) as he sets it down. "And just who are you expected by?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front]

Warsh smirks.

Smirks!

This bartender just set himself up!

"Well, I'm expected by your boss right now and your mother at a quarter past the hour."

Warsh jests, burning sarcasm dripping from the latter half of his statement as though it were rain dribbling from the eaves of a haunted manor on a stormy midsummer's day.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-30 at 11:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

[The Front]

"My mother? Wow, you have low standards." The bartender gestures toward the door behind the bar. "Follow me. We'll see if the boss expects you."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front]

Warsh follows the bartender at an arm's length!

"I just happen to have a certain affinity for those who will do anything to please me."

Warsh retorts.

Diss!

8. - Top - End - #8

[The Front - Back Room]

"I'm sure it doesn't take much for that." John leads the Lieutenant to the back room. There's an open door of an elevator. "Head in there, and wait for a few seconds."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Back of The Front]

"Alright."

"Dinner's at six sharp. Don't be late."

Warsh steps into the trap elevator and waits!

So exciting!

10. - Top - End - #10

[Elevator]

The door slides shut as soon as Peter enters it. After the advertised few seconds, the elevator goes down. It accelerates to a ridiculous speed. The Lieutenant may get the feeling that he's going very far underground.

After a little over half a minute, the elevator comes to a stop and the door slides open. Peter will see a lobby type room, with a desk in front of him. A plain-looking woman sits at it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

[First Floor]

It's like one of them rolley-coaster rides!

Ding!

The elevator doors have opened.

And there's a female secretary in the area...

Warsh stands erect and strides out of the elevator.

"Hey."

A very concise and cool greeting.

12. - Top - End - #12

[First Floor - Main Room]

The secretary looks at Warsh. "Membership or contract?" And she does nothing else.

...Man, she's boring.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

[First Floor]

Geeze! These robots almost look human now!

"Membership?"

"Are you guys running this like a gym or something?"

Gosh!

"Membership, I guess."

Warsh shoves his hands into his pockets.

14. - Top - End - #14

[First Floor - Main Room]

The uncanny valley has been crossed by humans. Who knew?

Jane doesn't react to Peter's comment. Instead, she points to a door in front of him and to the right.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

[First Floor]

Through the door Warsh attempts to march (after first knocking on it, as is customary).

He isn't very fond of Jane the robot. Someday, Jane and her ilk might try to take his job!

16. - Top - End - #16

[The Operative's Office]

Peter hears a voice from the other side of the door. "Enter, Mr. Warsh." That's an awfully familiar voice, except the last time Peter heard it, it was in his head. Huh.

Assuming he enters, he'll find a desk with an empty chair, and a shelf on the back wall. He'll also find the Operative, but as a ghost this time around. At least he can actually talk, right?

"Well, you're punctual. That's a good start. Have a seat."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-31 at 01:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

[First Floor - The Operative's Office]

Lieutenant Warsh seats himself in the chair provided.

He's obviously more relaxed than he was when he first encountered The Operative. He adopts a less rigid posture while sitting down. He even reclines into the chair a little bit!

Warsh will attempt to make eye contact with The Operative, which probably won't work out so well what with the mirrored sunglasses and all.

"You look...different."

"Get a haircut?"

18. - Top - End - #18

[The Operative's Office]

Mirrored sunglasses and a gas mask do not make for easy eye contact. But Peter is welcome to stare into the Operative's lenses as long as he wants. The spectre doesn't care.

"I doubt I have hair in this form. But let's get down to business, shall we?" A piece of paper suddenly floats down from the shelf in the back to the desk, in front of Warsh. He'll notice that it's a membership form. A pen is already there. "Fill that out, if you would."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Front

Fade appears here as well and heads for the bartender. Ordering the drink mentioned in the message from the operative.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Warsh takes the form and begins to fill it out!

His handwriting really isn't all too legible...

Warsh's Membership Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Peter Owersen Warsh
    Species: Human
    Specialization: Killing Anything That Moves (And Some Things That Don't)
    Power Level: N/A
    Power Source: The Human Mind, Body, and Spirit
    Other Important Information: None

Warsh will attempt to hand the paper back to The Operative.

"Are we good?"

21. - Top - End - #21

[The Front]

John leads Fade to the elevator. It will take him to the Main Room.

[The Operative's Office]

"Almost. I've seen your killing abilities, but I wish to know your precision as well. If you'll follow me." The Operative walks through the door. Shortly after, it opens for Warsh.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm game."

Warsh chuckles as he passes through the door.

No more paperwork!

Yahoo!

23. - Top - End - #23

[Other Elevator - Third Floor]

The Operative leads Warsh to the elevator at the other end of the main room. A button is pressed, and that elevator goes down to the third floor.

The spectre walks towards what he knows is the armory. "I notice that you neglected to bring your M4. No matter, we have a few firearms that will suit you."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

[Third Floor]

Walking to the armory with a ghost!

"Or, y'know, I could just fire my Walther PPK a few times for you."

Warsh grins as he fishes said pistol out of his pocket.

What? Did The Operative really expect any killer worth half his salt to come to a meeting in a foreign area without a firearm?

25. - Top - End - #25

[Third Floor Hallways -> Armory]

No, no he did not.

"Pistols are fine as a sidearm and, if actually silenced, a close-quarter stealth weapon. But I expect you to be precise with rather more than just a pistol." The Operative heads to the Armory. There are weapons of several types. Not a lot, though. There's a lot of space here.

In terms of firearms, familiar ones to Warsh may include a CheyTac Intervention, a G36K, and an MP7. He'll also see some melee weapons, and a few attachment options for each of those firearms.

"I do apologize for the lack of options. Although I received a generous investment, I lacked the funds for a more considerable weapons cache. You're welcome to donate that PPK, though."

26. - Top - End - #26

[Main Room]

Fade will wait here for the operativ. He avoids observing the building since people seem to hate it.

27. - Top - End - #27

[Main Room]

((I'm going to go ahead and go into branching timelines for each person.))

Jane looks at Fade, with a bored look in her eyes. "Membership or contract?" she asks him.

28. - Top - End - #28

[Main Room]

"Membership."

Fade replies short.
    ( currently i m on a archery turnament so slow posting for some hours.)

29. - Top - End - #29

[Main Room]

Jane points to the door of the Operative's office. Clearly meaning for him to go in there.

30. - Top - End - #30

Operatives Office

Fade walks to the door. His shadow slides on front of him giving him some stairs down. After hs is fully inside the shadow slides into the door and Fade walks up.

"Hello."