New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER I: Causing Fear Since About Five Minutes Ago.

[Briefing Room]

"Our method of attack should be largely unchanged. Disable the suit, and get him alone, like any standard capture." The Operative doesn't ask how Fade knows these things. It's not his place to care.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Briefing Room]

Sounds like we'll have to do a bit of research then. AMEN, the Black Dragon's Den, and Trog's Tavern.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Turiel's Room]

He was sleeping, and will probably only realise he was communicated with when he wakes up. Pity. (I was away, sorry. I guess I'll pass on this contract.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

4. - Top - End - #334

[Briefing Room]

"So how many people should go for it? I mean still this is no job for all members. Have you thought about that?"

He looks at the Operativ.

((Don't worry bladescape you could just have been here either you where away or not. it's up to you.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    [Training Room]

They'll end up here after another ride in the elevator. There's a firing range and assault course, but neither of them are really important right now. What are important are the training dummies. Most of them are your standard plastic, some act as if they were flesh, and there are a few Myrs to mix things up.

"If you wouldn't mind, Kal, I'd like to see your proficiency with those knives and hatchets of yours. Preferably on the plastic or flesh targets."
    [Training Room]

Kal remains still for a moment, glancing at the dummies in the room. Gauging distances. Calculating angles. That sort of thing. What follows next can only be described as a blur. A whirling swish of tiefling and steel, and a few bright flashes of fire that, had the Operative possessed eyes, would have burned bright streaks into his retinas. By the time it's over, there's a satisfied looking tiefling standing in the middle of a bunch of ruined dummies with barely a hair out of place - which is soon flicked back behind an ear. Some of the dummies have been stabbed, and slashed, hacked and chopped. Some bear charred holes through their torsos and heads, burned straight through by bolts of hellfire. Three of them, in a line, share an angry black streak across their chests, still smoldering with occasional embers, the second one off-balance and about to collapse, the work of a flaming whip of hellfire Kal had produced halfway through the demonstration with one of his gauntlets, which are now lightly smoking, flames flickering merrily from between the seams of it, before they subside to their usual dull glow.
    "What's a Myr?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #336

((It's cool, bladescape. Not everyone can be on all the time.))

[Briefing Room]

The Operative doesn't respond to Sarah, he thinks that she stated the obvious. Instead, he looks toward Fade. "Considering the somewhat unusual pay, this contract would best be completed by one or two people." Otherwise, they'd fight over the Pacts, and then he'd just have to keep them himself. Had to teach them a lesson somehow.

"If there is nothing further, I believe this briefing is at an end."

[Training Room]

"...I'm glad these weren't expensive." The Operative is somewhat impressed, though not visibly. Kal was efficient, if a little flashy. He decides not to ask if more stealth were possible, he got the feeling he would not like the answer. He considers how best to answer the tiefling's question.

"I'm not entirely sure myself, they were brought here by another member. To the best of my knowledge, though, they are living suits of metal - somewhat like robots, if without the circuitry or sapience."

7. - Top - End - #337

[Briefing Room]

"Ok then I skrip this contract since it seems my abilitys aren't fit in like I imagine."

((Strange did I forget to mention to the Operative that he can use them as dummies? i mean the Myr's unless he let's one alive he will rebuild the others even is disrupteed to dust.))

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

[Briefing Room]

"So then. Sarah, do you want to work on your own, or team with me?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Room]

Kal actually can be stealthy, he just likes flashiness because he knows it drives the other professionals nuts, as does his dress sense. I mean, everyone knows that it's the mark of an amateur to dress flashily and show off your killing potential, and that a true professional is always efficient and reserved, and tries to dress inconspicuously as possible, in order to seem harmless and disguise their true nature. So of course, when in the presence of such people, Kal goes out of his way to act like a complete and total amateur, being obvious, showy, and arrogant as possible... in order to seem harmless and disguise his true nature.
    Also, because he likes trolling people.
    Random insight into Kal's usual lack of subtlety over, Kal turns back to the Operative.
    "So, anything else you want me to do?"
    There's an unspoken "ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend" hidden in there somewhere.

10. - Top - End - #340

((I got it, Zefir. The Operative didn't.))

[Training Room]

Either the Operative doesn't notice Kal's friendliness, or ignores it. It's probabpy the latter. He can't feel emotions, but that doesn't mean he can't recognize them.

He also had seen Kal's professionalism in other things - mainly, his lack of that particular, misplaced arrogance that came with amateurs. No, the ghost can see that the devil's arrogance is deserved.

"I believe that will be all, Kal'seltheszaar. If you'll follow me back up to my office, we have a couple of final things to take care of."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Briefing Room]

Sarah somberly nods to the Operative, indicating assent. To Rael, she simply gives a confused look.

Of course we'd be working together. A whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

[Briefing Room]

Rael shrugs.

"I prefer not make assumptions. Not everyone is entirely rational about such things, after all."

13. - Top - End - #343

Main Floor

Into the bar lopes a chestnut brown rabbit, a revolver at his side. The rabbit tilts it's head into the air, and sniffs, looking for the source of the scent he tracked all the way here. The scent of booze, gambling, shady dealins and suspicious sorts... The scent of UNLAWFULNESS!

After a second, the honorable hare turns to glare at the barkeep, leaping onto the counter and drawing his revolver, aiming it straight at the glorified waiter. "Yoo. Tell me where the cellar is. Or I'll remove yoo's brains." The rabbit says, as menacing as a rabbit with a silly accent and one ear that keeps falling over it's right can be.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back to the Office]

Kal practically bounds after the Operative in excitement! Woooo! Successful test! Yaaaay!

15. - Top - End - #345

[The Front]

John Doe's eye twitches, and he reaches for the M1014 he keeps under the counter. Seriously? Did nobody want to head in the normal way? He thinks of informing the Operative. Eventually, though, he settles on saying, "Let's not get hasty, buddy. Just put the gun down."

[The Operative's Office]

The two end up here in short order. A piece of paper floats toward Kal's hand - a membership form. "Fill that out, please."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-08-16 at 10:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

There's a second of hesitation before the rabbit lowers the gun a little. "Fine. Now where's the cellar?" The rabbit says, tail twitching excitedly. He's never gotten to shoot anyone before!

17. - Top - End - #347

[The Front]

John has his hand on the combat shotgun under the counter, but he decides to let the rabbit meet the Operative, instead. "It's right through that door," he says, while indicating the door in question.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Briefing Room]

Sarah smiles a bit. A friendly smile, rather than her common malevolent grin.

Well, we should probably get moving. We can cover ground faster if we each cover one of the drinking establishments, but we should probably go together to AMEN. The place is as dangerous as a Bronto in heat...

...I'll take the Den. See you later!

She'll start heading to the elevator, and may end up running into the rabbit-thing when she comes up.

19. - Top - End - #349

The Front

"See yoo!" The little rabbit says, jumping down off the counter and bouncing through the door into the cellar.

20. - Top - End - #350

[Briefing Room]

The Operative leaves without another word. Members were working together, and planning for themselves. This was good, he could focus on more of his obligations as a leader.

[The Front -> Main Room]

Assuming the rabbit is uninterrupted, he'll find himself in the main room after a ride in the elevator.

21. - Top - End - #351

The Main Room

Well, the rabbit certainly wasn't expecting that. He thought he'd have to root around for a hidden trapdoor, but hey, he'll take a comfortable elevator ride. Hopping out of the lift, the bunny waves his gun around, lookin for someone who seems important. "Alright, whoos in charge of this disgrace!"

22. - Top - End - #352

[Main Room]

Jane only looks slightly irritated at the appearance of the gun-toting rabbit. She presses a single hidden button on her desk.

The rabbit will suddenly find a ghost to have teleported in front of him, looking downwards at him. Well, this was a good time for the Operative to test if he could teleport. The spectre immediately tries to read the rabbit's mind (yes, I did just type that.)

"Put your weapon down. Now."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office - Kal

Paperwork! Yaaaay!
    Paperwork!? Daaaaaamn.
    Name: Kal'selthezaar
    Species: Human/Devil
    Specialization: Assassinations, Close Combat, Espionage, Kidnapping, Anti-Caster Combat, Torture(?)
    Power Source: Training/The Inferno
    Other Important Information:

24. - Top - End - #354

Main Room

Attempting to read the rabbit's mind will turn up a single mental image, superimposed over the rest of his thoughts as a sort of mental static, or maybe just because he's a rabbit. Said image is, of course, a set of red velvet curtains. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

The rabbit's mental defenses aren't impervious however, and the Operative might be able to break through the mental barrier, although the images he'll see may well scar him for life. Beyond the 'static', the rabbit's mind is definitely an odd one, neatly ordered and sorted, except for the occasional, entirely random thought that breaks free of the rank and file.

Sorting through these thoughts and memories would actually be fairly easy, and if the Operative has gotten this far through the rabbit's mental defenses it will be little hassle to discover who the rabbit is and why he's here. Not that he isn't about to explain all that.

"Oh noo, the goon upstairs tried that too! Yoor under arrest for being a lawbreaker whoo's under arrest! Now, are yoo goonna soorrender or what?" The rabbit says, still waving his gun around in an entirely unthreatening manner.

25. - Top - End - #355

[The Operative's Office]

Luckily for Kal, there's no paperwork beyond the membership form. The spectre looks over the form. "Everything is in order, I think. Would you open the paper near your other hand?" Should the devil do just that, he'll find his room number, and the code to his door's lock.

[Main Room]

The Operative doesn't go any further than the curtains, though it's actually impossible for him to be mentally scarred. If he couldn't get the information through mind-reading, torture was always an option.

As it is, though, the Operative's not happy with this rabbit's apparent intentions. "And if I should not surrender?" Normally, he wouldn't be fazed, but this is the Nexus.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operative's Office]

Room number! And code! Finally, an abode to call his own! And to take people for sexytimes, that don't involve horror plawts that get dropped halfway through, or sneaking into WATCHTOWER, which he's fairly sure disapproves of him!
    MURDER might object to this.

27. - Top - End - #357

[The Operative's Office]

It's not MURDER you have to worry about, the base isn't sapient. No, it's the Operative, who will kill any non-member brought in for sexytiemz.

The Operative nods. "I believe that will be all. There is one assassination contract out in the open, and I will inform you of any new ones." He rather hopes he'll get the funds to get some form of communication that's more reliable than his telepathy some time soon.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Operative's Cockblocker Meanypants' Office]

Awww, booo... I bet the Operative is just jealous because he has no friend himself to have the sexytiemz with. I guess Kal will just have to limit his in-base philandering to the other members. And possibly the secretary.
    Probably the secretary. But, for now, with all the paperwork filled out, and Kal an official member, he stands and gives an enthusiastic salute.
    "You got it, sir!"
    And then he leaves the office, to explore the base!
    Maybe he'll find some new friends along the way!

29. - Top - End - #359

[Briefing Room] -> [Rec Room]

Kal may met Fade on his way out of the briefing Room. He will head down to the Rec Room, since this seems to be the waiting Room until a contract comes up.

30. - Top - End - #360

Main Room

"Well, I.. I'll probably take a nap or somethin and wait for you to see reason." The rabbit says, looking a bit less enthusiastic, as he's just realized he has no plan whatsoever.