New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,008 of 1008
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER I: Causing Fear Since About Five Minutes Ago.

[Operative's Office]

For almost a minute, the Operative doesn't speak, simply staring straight into the eyes of Javert's comedy mask. Even after that, the ghost doesn't move at all as he speaks.

"I have available contracts. But why should I hire you, or allow you access to them?"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office

"Actions speak louder than anything I can tell you. Tell me your hardest contract and I'll do it for free."
    Javert says. "Unless you have other plans."

3. - Top - End - #993

[Operative's Office]

The lenses in the Operative's gas mask seem more darkened than usual as Javert gives his proposal. On the one hand, it was a pretty good trial for any hopeful members. On the other, his members have had a particular history of failure, and the ghost couldn't help but feel he'd regret allowing this.

So, he of course goes with Javert's plan. "The contract I'd consider most difficult is to kill Riv, no last name. Head of Excelsior Tech, known associate of AMEN.

"If you attempt this, you will claim to have no affiliation with this association, even if captured and interrogated. Understood?"

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office

The man behind the mask nods. "Understood. Do you have a file on him?" He asks. "And do you have any operatives after him already?"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-11-23 at 10:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995

[Operative's Office]

"A very lacking file, yes. I have a rough sketch of the village Riv has built his base of operations in, as well as the information previously given.

An agent by the name of Warsh is observing Riv's hideout, as I recall."

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office

Assuming he's given a copy of the map, Javert stands and turns to go, but stops after a moment before taking the long metal stake from his back and setting it on the desk. "I'll be back for that." He swears before heading out unless he's stopped.

If the Operative looks over the weapon, he'll find that it's quite ornate and covered with runes, and has a switch near the grip.

7. - Top - End - #997

[Operative's Office]

The Operative doesn't stop Javert from leaving. "Make sure you are. I'd hate to have to go find your corpse."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Operative's Office]

Fade knocks and assuming the Operative calls him in (and to save some small posts) he enters.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

The story circle is already done.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #999

[Operative's Office]

The Operative nods. "Do you remember bringing in Ms. Zavi Erizo? I'm assigning her contract to you."

10. - Top - End - #1000

[Operative's Office]

"You mean that shadow girl? I don't know if that's a wise choise. She was able to walk through shadows and such."

11. - Top - End - #1001

[Operative's Office]

"Fade, I only want you to put some research into severing the life-bond," the ghost responds. "You will not make any actual attempts until you have an actual plan."

12. - Top - End - #1002

[Operative's Office]

"To be true, I'm not sure where I should search for this. it's not really possible to talk to the affected people. One doesn't know anything and the other should not know we are going to break it. Also she is no Nexus born so there may exist no records about that. If you have no point to start from her I think we are in a deadlock here."

Not that thiis is an excusion to avoid this, but his player doesn't know any way as well.

13. - Top - End - #1003

[Operative's Office]

"I can see the legitimacy of your concerns, but you have to remember that life-bonds are not incredibly rare. This is a mere matter of magic. I believe there is a library in Inside, you could start there."

"Yes, I realize I am sending you on a rote errand, but I am trying to put everyone here to work while we have a shortage of contracts. Just bear with me."

14. - Top - End - #1004

[Operative's Office]

"I should remember you that I'm not a mage or even teached in the theories of magic. The visit of the the libary would only throw more questions than it would answer. Why didn't you send Miss Bloodenchanter? She seems to be able to cast magic since birth and in my eyes her magic seems to be closer to live than the things I can."

I really wonder why MURDERR doesn't get jobs. Maybe because no one 'really' knows about them?

15. - Top - End - #1005

[Operative's Office - Fade]

The Operative hesitates a moment. He knows that Fade is right, of course, but doesn't know any other options.

"Do you have ideas to how you can put yourself to use, Fade?"

[Quiet Room]

(spoilered for length and self-RP.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Jane opens the door to the quiet room, carrying a file under her arm. The Operative is already there, sitting behind the desk. "I have what you needed, sir," she says.

"Good. Sit, please." Jane does so, brings the file to the desk in this room. "Your hireling has found a few-"

"You don't need to disguise yourself right now, Ms. Doe." Jane hesitates, then nods, as her very demeanor seems to shift, and she starts to seem much colder. "Of course." She opens the file, spreading a few small pictures in Mallside. "The visitor who leaked information is a Fiske, like he said. I wasn't able to gather much data on him, but I found a few leads I led up on. I visited Mallside several times, on the lead of a store that dealt in trading memories."

"You were disguised every time?"

"Of course I was; don't mistake me for your other members. Anyway, I haven't found confirmation that the Fiskes operate this store, but I have found someone else." Jane indicates a picture of an old, bald man. "I suspect that this man has a connection with the Fiskes. I'd suggest you capture and interrogate him."

The picture slides over so the Operative can better see it. "...This is a very flimsy lead, Ms. Doe."

"It's the best we've got that doesn't involve AMEN or Magtok."

The ghost mulls that over, then suddenly stands up. "I'm going. You have command over this organization until I return."

Jane nods, and returns to her 'normal', secretary self. "How long should that be, sir?"

"However long it must be."

16. - Top - End - #1006

[Operative's Office - Fade]

Yeah Fade is right, well as if he didn't know.

"There are a few things I just realized. Our leak of contracts may be caused by the fact we aren't know. Indeed I prefer the not public policy, but after all if no one knows you no one can hire you. On the other hand this throws question as well. We got some contracts from people who seem to know us. After all even our members got this information. And to be true, some don't seem to be able to get these information’s them self as their last actions showed. I don't have any idea to solve these problems, but maybe you got an idea."

Fade stops for a moment to give the Operative some time to get this. After all these facts aren't new, but no one pointed them out before.

"For the contracts I can say that the Stu and the live bound contract aren't available. One due to the failures made and the other due to my less knowledge. The Riv thing may be an option even if you still think I failed. And for the last contract I would need one special condition to do it, but that only belongs to the target."

Edit:
    ((You need to add the Story Circle to the OP RB. Think it should be noted there to prevent teleporting in.))
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-12-04 at 08:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007

[Operative's Office]

"Fade, I know of our lack of contracts, but there isn't much that I can do without risking exposure. These aren't new problems. I already have members working on other contracts." The Operative hesitates a moment. "You may leave now, Fade. I'm sure I can find something for you to do."

18. - Top - End - #1008

[Operative's Office]

That's a bit of suprise, but well the operative has his reasons right? After all Fade remains the feeling that the Operative just wants Fade out of business.

"If that is what you want."

After all he wasn't one of the badest persons here, he collected informations and a contract. Sad that there are to much member for the less contracts.