New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    All of them! The perfect random fic premise: all of AJ's friends end up with her (admittedly) large extended family and commence driving her crazy...

There's an Apple for everypony!
    A spouse for them, cheap labour for the Apple family. It's a win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Do you want to tie up all the shipping loose ends in your fanfic continuity?

There's an Ap(ple) for that.

Actually, who do people like with Braeburn? It's come up before, but I forget. Plus, Braeburn is fun to talk about. He's Pony Owen Wilson AND a cowboy.

... we need to team him up with Pony Jackie Chan STAT.
    Aside DashBurn there has been TwiBurn, also MacBurn and AppleBurn. More I can't remember. okay, also SuiuSBurn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

The sitcom Married with Children. It's an overly mean swipe at it. When people compare Bon Bon to Peggy Bundy, she's the wife/mom on the show.
    It was also one of the first hits that Fox had, and The Simpsons takes every opportunity to mock its parent company.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

I actually think he and Twilight could be cute together. Very different, but cute. The way I see it, he's got charm and is good-natured enough to deal with Twilight when she's being stubborn, and she could discover a whole new side of herself as she begins to fall for his charms.
    There was a fic like that. I thought it was pretty badly written; it was in the pattern of meet, instant head over heels love, though they did avoid having sex through the two chapters I read.

I think that'd actually be my favorite person to put with Braeburn, if only because it's an interesting opposite-ness.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

So. Embarrasing Boss Deaths #97: Beblith Queen, Gargantuan 36HD, killed by a Soundburst. Yes, a Soundburst.

I'd say the PCs were taking the urine, but then we got to the final bosses and I get to smack them in their faces for once!

(Hello Vygores, a type of fiend that evolves to a stronger, smarter and more powerful form, drawing inspiration from both Pokemon and Frieza from DBZ (which I was watching at the time)! Hello, top-of-the-chain Stage 4 Vygore, with your 51 AC, saves in the high twenties, DR 14/-, SR 40, Improved Evasion, Mettle, Fast Healing 30 and flurry-of-blows tail-strike, crits-on-a-15 plus two arm blades, two wing slams and a bite, plus breath weapons and spells! And hellp to your friend, Mr Stage 4 Vygore Number Two! Why yes, it is time those snotty epic level PCs got their arses kicked around. What's that? Your friend the Dwarf Ghost Cleric 20/Warblade 5 wants to play too? Of course he can! What's that? No, I'm not getting my petty vengeance for the last eight levels of PC supremacy because they have far too much kit? No, no of course not! Muhahahaha!)

Show Trixie? Frig yeah I question them. I have her K-12 permanent record right here. (drops a huge file folder) It's 12 years of "needs improvement," "spends more time working minor cantrips than doing homework," "doesn't work well with others," "refuses to acknowledge the scientific method, preferring to just make bald declarations and then mocking those who disagree" and perhaps most damning of all, "Keeps eating her neighbor's glue."

She never even graduated! She doesn't even have a GED!
    I thought that was hilarious, myself. The eating paste was the crowining glory. (Because people eating paste is always funny. It's be funny if it was Celestia.

No, no actually, it wouldn't.

It'd be freakin' soul-splittingly hilarious!)

Oh Esper, Phoe, you think that Bobcat was being vitrolic? Oh, you sillies! That's not vitriol!

If I were you, I'd remember never to ask me about vampires, or Shi'Ar or especially Gladitor, if I were you, as I don't think you'd want to glance at the power of the master of true vitriolic invective. Your heads would asplode (presumably showering candy everywhere...)

(Besides, compared to the frequent flak Celestia (one of my favoured characters) gets - not so much now, but certainly when I joined the thread - that is nothing...)

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    Im lower than dirt.
    Are you a Vampire? No? Are you a Shi'Ar? No? Then you are not lower than dirt. (Unless you're, y'know, underground or something.) Hush with the self-flaggelation and draw some more pretty pony pictures.

The sitcom Married with Children. It's an overly mean swipe at it. When people compare Bon Bon to Peggy Bundy, she's the wife/mom on the show.
    Overly mean? Oh, you! What, did everypony turn into Fluttershy or something while my back was turned? Honestly, without me to solidly ground you all with evilnitude, where would you be?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-01 at 05:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

There was a fic like that. I thought it was pretty badly written; it was in the pattern of meet, instant head over heels love, though they did avoid having sex through the two chapters I read.

I think that'd actually be my favorite person to put with Braeburn, if only because it's an interesting opposite-ness.
    Yeah, half the fun of a fic like that for me would be Twilight struggling to admit to herself that she had a crush on a pony like Braeburn. The other half would be Braeburn being charming and a bit flirty so everypony else could see what was bound to happen. The dramatic irony would be delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So. Embarrasing Boss Deaths #97: Beblith Queen, Gargantuan 36HD, killed by a Soundburst. Yes, a Soundburst.

I'd say the PCs were taking the urine, but then we got to the final bosses and I get to smack them in their faces for once!

(Hello Vygores, a type of fiend that evolves to a stronger, smarter and more powerful form, drawing inspiration from both Pokemon and Frieza from DBZ (which I was watching at the time)! Hello, top-of-the-chain Stage 4 Vygore, with your 51 AC, saves in the high twenties, DR 14/-, SR 40, Improved Evasion, Mettle, Fast Healing 30 and flurry-of-blows tail-strike, crits-on-a-15 plus two arm blades, two wing slams and a bite, plus breath weapons and spells! And hellp to your friend, Mr Stage 4 Vygore Number Two! Why yes, it is time those snotty epic level PCs got their arses kicked around. What's that? Your friend the Dwarf Ghost Cleric 20/Warblade 5 wants to play too? Of course he can! What's that? No, I'm not getting my petty vengeance for the last eight levels of PC supremacy because they have far too much kit? No, no of course not! Muhahahaha!)
    Y'know, I'm worried that I'm going to run into an over-kit problem with some PCs myself eventually, and when that day comes, we're going to have a chat, my good lich, and then my PCs are going to cringe...cringe beautifully...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

When I say overly mean, I mean "not a fair representation thereof." Much closer was another Simpsons clip that I couldn't find, which featured an erectile dysfunction joke, Flanders laughing at it, flashing back to the present and him sobbing over his disease riddled children, "Oh, the commercials were right! Watch Fox and be damned to hell for all eternity!"
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    *Delurks*

Yay new thread!

*Relurks*
    It's a Rappy!
    Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ok so i know this has been more then likely discussed, but due to the catatonic thread slow down, we need a new in depth topic. So therefore i ask three questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What events would you like to see in season 2?
    Applejack needs some good screentime, and I'm not talking about wandering around town destroying stuff again. I'd like to see her get some more interaction, one good "awesome" episode for her, and perhaps a bit more on her personality. I realize she's supposed to be the WYSIWYG type, but that doesn't mean she can't have have secrets or that you shouldn't show off her bravery a bit.

2. if you could place ANY OC pony into the show who would it be, and how would you make their appearance work while staying under the shows parameters?
    I probably wouldn't. The only OCs I've really liked have had rather dramatic twists compared to the canon plot, and would probably be awkward to stick in the main storyline. There isn't really one that I've grown that attached to, either.

3. What background pony should become a regular part of the show? (luna and derpy aside because we know they get more screen time now) What should they do? what connection to the mane cast should they have?
    I'm liking Octavia these days, although I doubt we'll see her in anything meaningful. It would be nice to see her make a background appearance or two, though. I'm curious as to how the used Luna in the 2nd season, and what personality she officially has.

Zecora is deserving of some more screentime, easily offering an 'outside' opinion to things that the main characters might miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Dear Internets,

Why is Fluttershy a cephalopod?

Spoiler
    Show

Yours sincerely,
    Dexam.
    What I want to know is why the rest of the cast aren't. My Little Cephalopod would be excellent to watch.

Also, I would've taken her as more of a Cuttlefish, although I suppose Rainbow Dash would make a very nice squid.

Image Dump: The First of Many Edition.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay Okapi! I think that's the first time I've seen one for MLP.

And I'm posting this now, as you guys are apparently post one page for every one I read.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

8. - Top - End - #338

I just watched episode 19 (yes, I'm still not done with the series; don't judge). It's... much more surreal than what I'm used to from MLP.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I just watched episode 19 (yes, I'm still not done with the series; don't judge). It's... much more surreal than what I'm used to from MLP.
    What made it seem surreal? The dream sequences? The nature of the Diamond Dogs? I'm curious; there's episodes I'd use the word surreal for, but I'm not sure that's one of them.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    What I want to know is why the rest of the cast aren't. My Little Cephalopod would be excellent to watch.

Also, I would've taken her as more of a Cuttlefish, although I suppose Rainbow Dash would make a very nice squid.
    I think you mean Cuddlefish Hurr Hurr

Oh? What do you mean by surreal?

EDIT: Confound these bobcat ninjas!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-01 at 05:25 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

@bobcat
    Spoiler
    Show

The more I think on it, I realize that the way you introduced Rainbow Dash might be the best. Other options would involve switching around and rewriting several of the paragraphs you have there, and the gain would be minimal at best. It bothered me by its abruptness, but that was the whole point of it, happening before anypony could react.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I found ponythread while delivering some research to the human internet. Ever since then I can only see the bright pink ponysanity of our new eldritch overlord. I asked Pinkie about it, but she just said she's seen beyond the veil. The Pink One comes on steeds of pastry. The Party will begin soon.

Your faithful student,
    Twilight Sparkle
    You know, seeing that makes me want to watch Event Horizon again.

I was kinda referring to the whole Con-drain/cold damage thing, before everyone decided I'm a Pokemon...

I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered...

Maybe I should start shouting my name whenever I cast a spell.
    Do it!

The only problem I see with you being a Pokemon would be when one of us comes at you with a Masterball. Then we find out that your nature/IV are not optimal (somehow, in spite of only having one stat) and so reload and do it again. Either that or go for a shiny Aotrs Commander without hacks.

Though really, in spite of typing you up and everything, I see you more as a trainer than a mon. Your fleets of warships are your Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Also, goodnight~
    Thanks! Though it was sort of...9:30 in the morning...where I was.

Also, going back to the earlier Pokemon discussion, what types do you guys think each of the mane six would be? I see something like:

Fluttershy: flying/grass: she is a pegasus, thus the flying, and the grass since it is the "natury" type

Twilight: psychic: her horn magic

Applejack: fighting: she relies on brute force more than anything else

Rainbow Dash: flying/fighting: pegasus, her reaction to the few combats we've seen has been fly in and hit it as hard as she could

Pinkie: normal?

Rarity: not so sure, she has the horn magic, but its not her defining feature like Twilight. Maybe normal/psychic?

Also:
    Spike: dragon, probably a lesser evolution
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

12. - Top - End - #342

Man, if you thought Dog and Pony Show was surreal, I can't wait till what you say for Party of One.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you mean Cuddlefish
    "Like octopuses and some squid, all cuttlefish have bacterially-produced neurotoxins in their saliva."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Like octopuses and some squid, all cuttlefish have bacterially-produced neurotoxins in their saliva."
    "Oh, hello there honey!"
    *hugs*
    "Argleblarglleghsdkd..."

"Sorry! Forgot about the neurotoxins again!"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Fluttersquid: I use it to hug people for longer... I'm sad when they leave.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Though really, in spite of typing you up and everything, I see you more as a trainer than a mon. Your fleets of warships are your Pokemon.
    "Liche's Wrath, I choose you!" sort of thing...

On the other claw, with some communication before hand at judicious use of Gate spells1, I could "choose" all sorts of things, like WarDroids, Hammer of Hatred Heavy Gravtanks, Storm Cleaver Assault Striders... Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan
    Pinkie: normal?
    How can you suggest Pinkie is any shade or normal with a straight face?

Besides, I'm pretty sure Pinkie is actually psychic (Pinkie sense, psychoportation), so she'd be a psychic type, I reckon, with an unusual moveset.)

1Gate technology is directly derived from the Gate spells developed by Lord Death Despoil before he had access to technology of a suitable level.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

I manually combed through 243 pages of Ponibooru's Pinkie Pie images to find this one pic. I killed their severs to bring this to you.

Siuis, I suspect Pinkie is a Sidereal. She can ignore the 4th wall, do things that make no sense, and has the iconic eyes full of stars.

I suspect either Chosen of Secrets or what ever the Venus Sidereals are chosens of again. Edit: Chosen of Serenity, that's what it was!

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah... that was too far. For that sort of character (too cool for school) I should have had her be a magical savant, but not give a darn about any other subject. It didn't make sense, and I realize I threw that in there just for mean humor.

... yeesh, I am a jerk when it comes to Trixie. I gotta watch myself.
    No, I kind of like her not doing well at magic classes, due to not meshing with the teaching styles/school system, rather than a lack of aptitude.

Her being a math wizard just makes it funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I am a lowly worm and I don't deserve any recognition for this... giving top billing to two fictional characters and forgetting to credit the person that did the actual leg work in the creation process... I drew a diagram. So what.

Im lower than dirt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoilered for size.

Twilight: I'm intrigued.

Applejack: Oh great. Just how many of y'all am ah gonna wind up with as in-laws?
    Well, when the alternative is this...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-01 at 05:37 PM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

"Liche's Wrath, I choose you!" sort of thing...

On the other claw, with some communication before hand at judicious use of Gate spells1, I could "choose" all sorts of things, like WarDroids, Hammer of Hatred Heavy Gravtanks, Storm Cleaver Assault Striders... Hmm....

Besides, I'm pretty sure Pinkie is actually psychic (Pinkie sense, psychoportation), so she'd be a psychic type, I reckon, with an unusual moveset.)

1Gate technology is directly derived from the Gate spells developed by Lord Death Despoil before he had access to technology of a suitable level.
    I think Pinkie would be like Shuckle or Wobuffet; she'd have very bizarre stats, a very bizarre type combination, etc, and you'd have to know EXACTLY what you were doing. But if you set it up right, you'd ownzor their socksorz.

19. - Top - End - #349

GnomeWizardGuy

Hopefully it would cut back on the shipfics a little bit.

Also, I could definitely see Rarity as a nautilus. White shell and purple tentacles? It could work.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

I approve, but my brain has gone derpy on Shakespeare characters. Keep up the good work though!

"WHAT SAY YOU?! WILL. YOU. YIELD?!"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Hopefully it would cut back on the shipfics a little bit.

Also, I could definitely see Rarity as a nautilus. White shell and purple tentacles? It could work.
    Or we've introduced the possibility of Pony Tentacle Hentai.

... back away, not today, disco lady.

22. - Top - End - #352

Yeah, you got me there. Not sure why I picked normal, I think its mainly that she has so many random things going down that its hard to pin her down. I can see her using "Teleport", it might be how she crosses from one side of the screen to the other during songs.

I'm going to just have to agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat
    I think Pinkie would be like Shuckle or Wobuffet; she'd have very bizarre stats, a very bizarre type combination, etc, and you'd have to know EXACTLY what you were doing. But if you set it up right, you'd ownzor their socksorz.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

DBC, Kindablue...

You asked me to annoy you, I'm working on that post, and need only one more component to complete it, but I fear it may strain even the mercy of a Brony...

Either that or it'll be an epic, talked about for pages thing. Kind of a toss-up.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

slowclap.gif

That's all I got.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/40402

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/40350

These are not related to the topic at hand, but Derpy is very cute in them (and Dinky, in the first one).

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I can imagine Blueblood as an classic upper class officer who takes care that the casualties on his side aren't too low.
    Really? I'd imagine him as an assy officer who sends in another wave..

Do you want to tie up all the shipping loose ends in your fanfic continuity?

There's an Ap(ple) for that.
    WIN.

Actually, who do people like with Braeburn? It's come up before, but I forget. Plus, Braeburn is fun to talk about. He's Pony Owen Wilson AND a cowboy.

... we need to team him up with Pony Jackie Chan STAT.
    Less win.
    I HAVE DIBS.
    See the hat Trixie wears in my avvie? He got it for me on our second date.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #357

Pinkie isn't quite a psychic. She's this generation's 'Breaker of the Wall', an unbroken genetic line of guardians that show up every other generation to aid the greatest heroes of the day.

Of course, Octavia is sort of annoyed Pinkie takes after grammy Pie.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #358

Or we've introduced the possibility of Pony Tentacle Hentai.

... back away, not today, disco lady.
    I give it a week.

Oh Celestia no. Why will this exist.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Read it again, carefully.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

WIN.

Less win.
    I HAVE DIBS.
    See the hat Trixie wears in my avvie? He got it for me on our second date.
    Blueblood: Do you have a problem? I'll send wave after wave of ponies at whatever it is.

Also, yes Lix, I know you have dibs. But let us have our fun.