New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    That's not gonna work. I've been planning on aging a lot this year.
    No no, it's okay! We can make this work! I was planning on aging too, you see.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-02 at 11:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Banned

*shrug* sorry, I just wanted to follow the thought-train where it would go. I still Believe ponies have standard anatomy, including bones, if only so the disturbing torture scene with erotic undertones I've had bouncing around my mind has somewhere to find purchase.

That being said, jelly-like beasts whose internals are a paste and whose fur are symbiotic parasites would make a good Sci-Fi story.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gel would have to be akin to the subcutaneous and submuscular fascia, though, and allow for mild data transfer like a back-up nervous system. They could form random pockets to function as whatever specific organ they needed at he time, giving immunity to damage at the cost of slower metabolizaion of things like toxins or disease.
    The really creepy part comes when you realize that all you need is enough brain/mass ratio, and you could combine a bunch of these creatures into one. Their gelatinous nature would make healing themselves, or healing several individuals together, functionally identical. The hive mother is probably every leader of their people combined into one hideous, hecatoncheiral beast.

Alright, I'll stop now.

-

Work on Filly Snowflake will commence as soon as... Oh horsefeathers, tomorrow is Wednesday. Uh...

As soon as is humanly possible; I'll have to get my leafstalk out of cold storage, try to break the action economy.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS... hey, where's Scootaloo?

Flying is AWESOME!

I know, right? I can't wait until you don't have to ride on my back to do it.

... Yeah. That'll be nice too.
    Is Ollie an earth pony, and that's why she never learned? Or is there a different reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    No no, it's okay! We can make this work! I was planning on aging too, you see.
    Alright then! Some people can be so forgetful about that kind of thing.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Is Ollie an earth pony, and that's why she never learned? Or is there a different reason?

Alright then! Some people can be so forgetful about that kind of thing.
    Ollie's also a pegasus. My justification is that he was on the road a lot (probably why her mom left) and his talent isn't related to flying; he's the one who taught her the buzzing motor wing trick, and he mostly focuses on that, since that's what he loves doing. He might actually be bad at flight; I haven't defined him that far.

And now I'm off to a friend's birthday party. Yes, it is awfully late for that. He lives on a weird schedule.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-02 at 11:56 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

WHEW. Finally through to current. That took a while. ^^

Anyways, onto replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    So ponies are made of... mutant... radioactive candy?

No wonder Celestia's school is a reference to X-Men. It suddenly makes sense!
    "I bit a radioactive pony and got super powers."

"Don't you mean that a pony bit y-"

"I said what I meant and I meant what I said."

"... You're a weird one, Ponyman."

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Mmm...hello Mr. Cloud-Pony. What does your skull taste like?!
    Well, don't forget it's Granny Style Decade Old Hard Candy Skull. ^^ The same kinda candy that when you go to take the top piece from the bowl, you not only wind up picking up all the candy, but also the bowl...

and the table...

possibly a good chunk of the floor as well.

So basically, let the Biter Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    :O
    And then Lix was a griffon.
    ...well, this sucks.
    .... How many Lix does it take to get to the quivering mentally broken down soft and gooey center of a Lichie-Pop?

The world may never know. ^^

Skull-ba-dull Skull Skull-ba-dull
    Call upon the skull ponies
    When you want some fresh distress
    Call upon the skull ponies
    If you see us call out SOS.

When it's in the dead of night
    You'd better lock your door
    Because the freaking skull ponies
    Will mess your stuff up, it's a WAR!

Skull-ba-dull, Skull Skull-ba-dull!
    ... Dangit, you're making me want to draw my necromancer bard pony now... ;.;

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'm thirding this. SiuiS, I don't care that this is being called in as a favor by somepony else. I have always always always wanted filly Shimmer. Do this and I will owe you. I will write you anything. Not Rainbows, that's mine and gets done because I want it to. Something new.

Please.
    I'm ... I dunno how many people advanced this thing, so I'm Nthing it, where N equals the gross production of Apples from Apple Acres over the span of 3 months.

And after all that - what does Shimmer look like, Phoe? For those of us not in the know that may want to draw said Shimmer? ^^

6. - Top - End - #786
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    LIXIE WANTS A PICTURE OF LIXIE POINTING AT A CLOCK WITH 'HUG' AT EVERYTIME
    Hm... Dig out that pretty vector image of your avatar (the big, colored one) and I'll see what I can do.

So... what you're saying is... If I can seduce Braz,
    If you can seduce Braz, I will be pleasantly surprised. I've been tellin' her to find a girlfriend for years!

I thought we had a deal.
    Aw man, the sad pony face! Why does everypony throw around the sad pony face?!

I uh.

Can I have links?
    Would if I could, but I lost the link months after initial exposure- and this was years ago. I still kick myself for not squirreling away those files somewhere. Every couple months, and more frequent now that gaming and pony have crossed streams. So much self kicking.

Superpowers mean you have two cutie marks?
    UNFOUNDED FANON YAY
    Oh my, no. Those aren't cutie marks; they are actual, functioning body parts. As a superheroi mutant freak, Green Gossip doesn't have a cutie mark and is outcast from pony society (barring her current clever disguise).

Ollie's also a pegasus. My justification is that he was on the road a lot (probably why her mom left) and his talent isn't related to flying; he's the one who taught her the buzzing motor wing trick, and he mostly focuses on that, since that's what he loves doing. He might actually be bad at flight; I haven't defined him that far.

And now I'm off to a friend's birthday party. Yes, it is awfully late for that. He lives on a weird schedule.
    Don't forget, stock up on calories so we can potentially marathon post tomorrow! Happy Party, Bobcat!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, also forgot to check, but hey, you ponies...

What colors should Captain Maneway be? ^^

8. - Top - End - #788
    Banned

Hi Inkwell!

For Manesway, I'm not sure. I'm seeing some combo of a dark, muted green (seagreen kinda?) red/burgundy, and purple. I don't know in what combination though, as far as jacket, coat and mane. I'd have to experiment to see what works and what doesn't. And that's your job, being an actual artist ratherthan a doodled like myself

Spoiler
    Show

As for Shimmer Snowflake;
    Pegasus pony. White fur, magenta pink mane. Wears a series of bracelets on the left forehoof. Her cutie mark is a scroll, rolled up and horizontal, with a feather quill jabbed downwards through/in front of it. Feather color in-specified. Hair was identical to Lixie's a inception. During the events of The Thread: The game, her hair was pulled into a ponytail to facilitate animation. After The Thread: The Game, her hair was cut shorter, into the snazzy 'do that you see in Kairaven's and NATG pictures. I'll see if I can dig up some references.

I don't know about her eyes. That makes me sad, because I should know but can't recall
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-03 at 01:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I'm ... I dunno how many people advanced this thing, so I'm Nthing it, where N equals the gross production of Apples from Apple Acres over the span of 3 months.

And after all that - what does Shimmer look like, Phoe? For those of us not in the know that may want to draw said Shimmer? ^^
    I'll N+1th it, then, because it sounds like an adorable idea.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-08-03 at 12:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the best way to answer this question is with references. In that case!

Image dump: Shimmer Snowflake edition -

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-03 at 01:25 AM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Bugbear in the Playground

Please. Please someone talk me out of this. I love this idea so much for all the wrong reasons. It can be revealed during him and Applejack's wedding toast.

Apple Bloom: You mind yer auntie now.

Scootaloo (sobs)

The best part is, SOARIN OPENLY TOLD APPLEJACK THAT HE'D BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES. Sure, him having a bastard daughter (sorry, I love using the word in its actual, technical meaning) wasn't expected. At all.

The only problem is, what to do with Ollie Jump. The whole "in my fanon adoptive father" thing complicates things a bit.
    I'm about 5 pages behind right now, but had to pipe in at this. Sorry if it has already been brought up.

If you go with Scootaloo being Soarin's bastard daughter, it should be revealed when she gets her cutie mark...and it is the same as Soarin's! If I remember correctly, you mentioned it was a family cutie mark (either that or a family symbol, can't remember now), and the CMC do ask about cutie mark stories. Soarin might tell Scootaloo about how he got his, and then Scootaloo is all "wow", looks, and is astonished to see she has the same one.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf
    C'mon, it's drama, and it's cute, what do you want more? And all the cool writers do it.

And just imagine that scene: Soarin tells the other CMC his cutie mark story and suddenly Scootaloo has the Semper Fidelis cutie mark. And everypony is like 'wait what'?
    And it looks like someone beat me to the punch....three pages ago. This is what I get for not checking ponythread for almost a full day, isn't it?
    Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-08-03 at 01:51 AM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

12. - Top - End - #792
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think the best way to answer this question is with references. In that case!

Image dump: Shimmer Snowflake edition -

Spoiler
    Show

Hey thanks! That's lotsa tonsa help! ^^

13. - Top - End - #793
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    *shrug* sorry, I just wanted to follow the thought-train where it would go. I still Believe ponies have standard anatomy, including bones, if only so the disturbing torture scene with erotic undertones I've had bouncing around my mind has somewhere to find purchase.
    *Eyebrows*

I'm suddenly very curious.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

WIP - Captain Maneway!

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, 1) I've abandoned the idea she's his daughter. However, I DO have a story plotted out now where he helps her learn to fly and we learn about the hardships she's endured, and a bit of an explanation of why she worships the ground Dash walks on (maybe not Dash specifically, but why she'd become so devoted to a strange adult as she looks desperately for a parental figure). 2) Not everypony in Soarin's family has his family crest mark; in fact, he's the only one to actually have it as his cutie mark. It's a bit like if the future king of england was born with a union jack tattoo; it's highly unusual.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

17. - Top - End - #797
    Barbarian in the Playground

*facehoof* this will have... Repercussions.
    Oooh I hope so~

... You know, considering all the times you tell me not to give out personal information, you sure give out a lot of my personal information.
    If this weren't pony thread, I might be irked
    Hey! hey! everypony!
    SiuiS has REDACTED, REDACTED, REDACTED!!

Well fine then. >c *pout*
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

WIP - Captain Maneway!

Spoiler
    Show
    That looks absolutely gorgeous. o.o

Unrelated, although important announcement: In a few hours, I'm leaving to go attend GenCon with some friends of mine. There will be much fun and frolicking. Where this concerns ponythread is that I will not have time to check it. Furthermore, while I am gone, you lot are scheduled to "see how fast we can make the thread move" on... it's either today or tomorrow, I think. Combine that with the fact that my next good chance to sit down and pony will be on Monday, and there is a zero percent chance I am going to be able to comb through the explosion that is to take place in my absence. I'm not even going to try. I'm not made of super colossal multi-quotes like SiuiS. If you have something to share with me, something that needs my attention or that you'd like me to hear, please, please, please PM it to me. I will not see it otherwise. Thanks, and have a great couple of days.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

oh, hey! I totally didn't make that connection. I noticed the URL name was familiar, but I didn't associate it with the Midnight Spindle picture at all. My bad.

You're rather good.
    Thanks

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

That looks absolutely gorgeous. o.o

Unrelated, although important announcement: In a few hours, I'm leaving to go attend GenCon with some friends of mine. There will be much fun and frolicking. Where this concerns ponythread is that I will not have time to check it. Furthermore, while I am gone, you lot are scheduled to "see how fast we can make the thread move" on... it's either today or tomorrow, I think. Combine that with the fact that my next good chance to sit down and pony will be on Monday, and there is a zero percent chance I am going to be able to comb through the explosion that is to take place in my absence. I'm not even going to try. I'm not made of super colossal multi-quotes like SiuiS. If you have something to share with me, something that needs my attention or that you'd like me to hear, please, please, please PM it to me. I will not see it otherwise. Thanks, and have a great couple of days.
    Have fun! Hopefully you read this before you leave.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    [farnesworth] Oh my~! [/farnesworth]

I'm pretty sure skull crushing and horn...er...contact are rather different balls of wax...
    Someone already beat me to what I was going to say here.

We've known our squishy biological urges repulsed him for a while now. Luckily, having a flame-eyed skull staring unblinkingly at someone during coitus is also repulsive to most living things, so he's never been called on it XD
    ...So we need to hook him up with Abbey Sciuto?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    You know, I don't actually like the taste of peppermint, so pony skulls would be completely safe from me.
    To bad the rest of them is still at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I hear Charles Darwin has woken up from his slumber.
    And now I want to build a giant robot Charles Darwin.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *Eyebrows*

I'm suddenly very curious.
    I think I've gone over it in passing before.
    Heated metal applied to the horn of an restrained unicorn would be like rapidly inducing a fever and delirium. I don't know that you've ever been delirious, but it's something else. It skews the mind; would induce Stockholm syndrome I'm hours at most.
    The scene mostly takes place, narratively, from the point of view of a delirious mare (who I see as Lyra at the moment, but there are no definitive roles).

WIP - Captain Maneway!

Spoiler
    Show
    Neat! Now we need a crew.
    I wanna see a Klingon pony. (no pressure, mate! I just don't feel comfy saying "cool" and leaving it at that)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    EDIT:
    And it looks like someone beat me to the punch....three pages ago. This is what I get for not checking ponythread for almost a full day, isn't it?
    Hey, that's two for two though; two clever ponies came up with that independently; that's usually a good sign. Especially since it's always this awesome idea that you just have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Hey! hey! everypony!
    SiuiS has REDACTED, REDACTED, REDACTED!!

Well fine then. >c *pout*
    *blows on hoof* still got the touch.

-

So hey, pony folk! It's Wednesday. When I get up in the morn', I'm totally goof to blow through the thread unless told otherwise. How about you folks?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-03 at 04:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

So hey, pony folk! It's Wednesday. When I get up in the morn', I'm totally goof to blow through the thread unless told otherwise. How about you folks?
    Have a math test I couldn't manage to quit playing Civ V to go take Tuesday. But aside from that, I think I pretty much HAVE to be here if we do it.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

What's that Olympia? I heard somepony say we can't blow through 50 pages in one day?

Also, I find this funny, even if it is old.
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Also, have fun over there Phoe. We should dedicate this thread to her by all accounts.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-03 at 04:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Banned

... Ouch. Well, I feel like a heel now.

Alas, you are trading pure pony for other forms of enjoyment, and the greater loss is ours, I fear. Have a good time, Phoe.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

I think I've gone over it in passing before.
    Heated metal applied to the horn of an unrestrained unicorn would be like rapidly inducing a fever and delirium. I don't know that you've ever been delirious, but it's something else. It skews the mind; would induce Stockholm syndrome I'm hours at most.
    The scene mostly takes place, narratively, from the point of view of a delirious mare (who I see as Lyra at the moment, but there are no definitive roles).

Neat! Now we need a crew.
    I wanna see a Klingon pony. (no pressure, mate! I just don't feel comfy saying "cool" and leaving it at that)

Hey, that's two for two though; two clever ponies came up with that independently; that's usually a good sign. Especially since it's always this awesome idea that you just have to share.

*blows on hoof* still got the touch.

-

I have material for several image dumps, my alarm is set and I have an idea for a character discussion or two. Let's do this!

27. - Top - End - #807

You know I'm in! Don't know how much help I'll be though. Friendly, relationship/Pony related banter is possible I think.
    I love my filly~

28. - Top - End - #808
    Banned

alrighty then, sounds like a plan. I'll hopefully be conscious by 10, awake by 11.

Has anyone put any thought into what happens of we get to page 50, and are still going? Lot of potential for hurt feelings, there.

29. - Top - End - #809

I agree with Grif!!
    I vote we name the new thread, if we make it to 50 before tomorrow, "We Miss Our Princess!", after Phoe!!
    I love my filly~

30. - Top - End - #810
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I agree with Grif!!
    I vote we name the new thread, if we make it to 50 before tomorrow, "We Miss Our Princess!", after Phoe!!
    sounds like a good idea to me. However, the proper dissuasion should still occur with the appropriate parties.