New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Lets see... Cold aura, and undead... Maybe he's a ghost/ice type.
    Maybe...but he did say:

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs
    Secondly, "hug" is not a word that can be used to describe being hit by umpteen ponies, moving at near sonic velocity. "Bodyslam" is closer, or possibly "Takedown" or "Doudle Edge." (It also hurt them waaay more than me!)
    The bolded part implies to me that it did mild damage, just not much. In other words, not a blanket immunity to normal type moves, which is what I assume "Hug Attack" falls under. Well, unless Twilight cast "Odor Sleuth" beforehand.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Maybe...but he did say:

The bolded part implies to me that it did mild damage, just not much. In other words, not a blanket immunity to normal type moves, which is what I assume "Hug Attack" falls under. Well, unless Twilight cast "Odor Sleuth" beforehand.
    Or identify. Besides, recoil damage is based on a percentage of the damage done.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #183

Or identify. Besides, recoil damage is based on a percentage of the damage done.
    Hmmmm...maybe "Hug Attack" is like "High Jump-Kick", you do a ton of damage, but implode your organs if you miss.

My current type guess for the Commodore:

Bug/Steel with the Flash Fire ability.
    -Immune to Fire
    -x1 Ground, Fighting, Flying and Rock
    -x1/2 Everything Else
    Also, the designers decided to do something new with the good evil Commodore, instead of six stats, they gave him one, labeled it "Ability", and just put it at 600.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmmm...maybe "Hug Attack" is like "High Jump-Kick", you do a ton of damage, but implode your organs if you miss.

My current type guess for the Commodore:

Bug/Steel with the Flash Fire ability.
    -Immune to Fire
    -x1 Ground, Fighting, Flying and Rock
    -x1/2 Everything Else
    Also, the designers decided to do something new with the good evil Commodore, instead of six stats, they gave him one, labeled it "Ability", and just put it at 600.
    Actually, that's a good one, and I think trying to hit a ghost type with it qualifies as a miss. It only hurt the ponies, plus the cold damage for attempting a melee attack, but it inconvenienced him a bit.

Or maybe Hug attacks don't actually do damage, they inflict paralysis or a must recharge type effect, but count as physical attacks for determining if the user takes damage from abilities like Rough Skin.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-01 at 08:07 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aww man the thread's going pokecrazy. I need to wake up SiuiS!

Edit: ... Or I could just kill the thread. That's works too.
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-01 at 08:19 AM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

6. - Top - End - #186

Actually, that's a good one, and I think trying to hit a ghost type with it qualifies as a miss. It only hurt the ponies, plus the cold damage for attempting a melee attack, but it inconvenienced him a bit.

Or maybe Hug attacks don't actually do damage, they inflict paralysis or a must recharge type effect, but count as physical attacks for determining if the user takes damage from abilities like Rough Skin.
    Aotrs Has Been Poisoned...WITH FRIENDSHIP!

That is what I would see it looking like if it was a status effect. Though of course they would first need to hit him.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by brazen shield
    Well, for me at least, it is my need for sleep casting "Hypnosis" on me. Its already about two hours past my bedtime.

Though if you really wanted to kill the Pokemon references for now:
    Brazen Used Internets!
    Its Super Effective!
    Enemy Kurgan Feinted!
    Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-08-01 at 08:25 AM.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    What did you think you drove people away with?

Also, I haven't added a lot of new stuff to Semper Fi, but I did edit the last 10 pages I wrote. Oh the unnoticed typos.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US Still on the home stretch. Page 59. I hope this hasn't all been a mistake... after 6 weeks or so of this, I'm starting to worry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only thing I caught was this:

Doctor Whooves fixed them all with an annoyed glare, though he pointedly ignored Tirek's comments
    Tirek didn't comment on Whooves' line, so it doesn't really make sense.

I wouldn't worry, but then again, I'm one of the prereaders who has been on this thing since day one. You should be getting some fresh opinions soon, so just look forward to that.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

*skullpalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shorn of the D&D terms used to humorously render my abilities in a fashion most accessable to the D&D-familiar denizens of the Playground, Spirit-Bound Liches have a plethora of abilities, due to our "haunting" of our bodies, including:

• Extremely high resistance (more-or-less immunity in practise) to almost all forms mind-attack and control. Almost all of these effects work on the brain and as well as the mind, and we don't have any actual physical brain structure to work on, or even an analogue to one, like technological creatures do. As an analogy, a real-world equivilent of Dominate Monster would still work on a Cybertank, as it has a brain, just not an organic one.).
    • Regeneration at a fairly considerable rate, due to our souls essentially being infused with our whole body; blow us apart us with something that does not do permenant damage and, somewhat like the T-1000, the parts will slide back together and reassemble over time. And a bit like Wolverine's super-ramped up healing factor, if you don't totally destroy the all the bits of the body with damage inflicted by the types of energy1 that cause permenant damage, we will eventually recover (though the process is not quick!) This also grants us resistance to effects that alter out physical forms for the same reason. "Permenant" damage is like damage to a human; it will heal, but at more a conventional rates akin to a living being's natural healing rate. (I have tended to call this "rejuvenation" here, as Undead cannot technically have Regeneration in D&D without being stupidly overpowered2, and I used the same word when stating proper Liches up for my own games.)
    • An aura of supernatural fear and awe, as do most super-power creatures (angels, demons, dragons, demi-gods etc).
    • The ability to drain the life-force and health of a living creature, on touch, and to a lesser degree, merely by standing in proximity; as a by-product, both of these effects also produce a great deal of elemental cold energy, increasing the harm further. The life-drain is pretty much permenant and irreversible, aside from rare magic (or even rarer very high tech) or over a long period. (In D&D, this equates closest to Con Drain - which, aside from magic healing only "heals" if you put your stat points into in at level up; similarly in Rolemaster, the effects equates easiest to reducing the temporary Constitution stat, which again can only be healed by (the much rarer stat-healing) magic or by level-up (though in RM - naturally - there are several alternate ways of handling it, one akin to D&D's negative levels). The cold portion is easiest to equate to cold damage in D&D and Cold criticals in Rolemaster.)
    • Absorbtion of both negative energy and elemental shadow energy (the latter is not like the D&D illusion definion of the term, but is best thought of of being like a darkness-version of lasers), similarly, we are (in practise) immune to cold-based attacks.
    • Considerable innate resistance to magic, psionics and similar supernatural energies.
    • Slightly enhanced senses, especially with regard to vision and hearing (we can see much further into the EM spectrum and hear higher and lower frequency sounds than humans). We can also see the emanations of life-energy coming from living creatures; this ability is best thought of as us seeing life-energy as a "colour" rather than an illumination.
    • The ability to do pretty much any action we could do in life (except excrete and perform sexual activity), including eat, speak, sigh, and occasionally spontaneously spew up random things if surprised.

The proficiency, intensity and degree to which any Lich or Skeleton Warrior3 manifests these abilities varies from individual to individual, though it tends to increase, as do all things, with time, power and experience.

1I'll leave you to guess at what sorts those are, because I'm not stupid enough to tell you! Not, that, sadly, they are especially rare in a high-tech universe anyway.

2Because the only thing that would ever inflict damage would be the thing that casues real damage; anything else causes nonlethal - which Undead are immune to. That's why, say, Vampires have fast healing, not regeneration!

3Nomenclature used to specifically describe a Spirit-Bound skeletal Undead with no spellcasting ability; basically a Lich like me but with no spellcasting ability. (As Aotrs basic training requires learning basic necromancy spells (e.g. creating animated undead) the Aotrs is quite literally composed of Liches.) As Spirit-Binding, unlike phylactery-binding, is not something you genenally can do to yourself (it's difficult to cast spells when you're dead; i.e. your soul is seperated from your body), this is possible, unlike in D&D when only spellcasters can become "liches".

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only thing I caught was this:

Tirek didn't comment on Whooves' line, so it doesn't really make sense.

I wouldn't worry, but then again, I'm one of the prereaders who has been on this thing since day one. You should be getting some fresh opinions soon, so just look forward to that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno, with that I was picturing Tirek just bantering about, since it was mentioned he was making a running commentary throughout. I had just assumed that Tirek had made some rather crude and/or offensive remark, so Whooves (and by extension, the reader) wasn't even going to acknowledge its existence.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I think that for this one, less is more:

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander
    Absorbtion of both negative energy and elemental shadow energy (the latter is not like the D&D illusion definion of the term, but is best thought of of being like a darkness-version of lasers), similarly, we are (in practise) immune to cold-based attacks.
    Well, I've been going in the wrong direction. I forget, what is the "immune to ice" ability called? Or is there one yet?

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

EDIT:

Well, for me at least, it is my need for sleep casting "Hypnosis" on me. Its already about two hours past my bedtime.

Though if you really wanted to kill the Pokemon references for now:
    Brazen Used Internets!
    Its Super Effective!
    Enemy Kurgan Feinted!
    Haha! I don't wanna kill the conversation, I just know SiuiS will be sad he missed it.
    That and I can barely follow: I need my fuzzy pokemon translator~
    Also, goodnight~
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-01 at 08:59 AM.
    I love my filly~

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well, I've been going in the wrong direction. I forget, what is the "immune to ice" ability called? Or is there one yet?
    Only pokemon immune to ice is Shedinja because of Wonder Guard.
    Ghost/Flying with Wonder Guard?

Celestia=Pony Galadriel? ...
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

Do you not know who they're referring too or do you not understand the comparison? ^^?
    Which I guess is a stupid question to ask on a D&D forum. >>
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-01 at 09:06 AM.
    I love my filly~

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a new theory... my very first post in the first Pony Thread was the theory that in an alternate universe, Galadriel took the One Ring from Frodo and used its power to turn Middle Earth into Equestria.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    20 minutes isn't that bad. I swear there are days I post and suddenly the thread goes over an hour without response. The first time that happened I legitimately panicked that I had killed the thread and that I was a bad brony and should feel bad about my existence.

But then ponies posted. And all was right with Equestria.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-01 at 09:22 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Only pokemon immune to ice is Shedinja because of Wonder Guard.
    Ghost/Flying with Wonder Guard?
    Except that flying would be weak against ice.

My guess would be Ghost/Steel with Wonder Guard. Immune to everything except fire and ground. Poison status wouldn't work and he'd even be immune to sandstorm. The only oddity is that he'd still take damage from hail.

Ghost type for Lich, but with bones as hard as Steel. I think it could work.

Gotta befriend 'em all! Ponymon!

Picture relevant:

...Okay, maybe befriend was the wrong word...
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    20 minutes isn't that bad. I swear there are days I post and suddenly the thread goes over an hour without response. The first time that happened I legitimately panicked that I had killed the thread and that I was a bad brony and should feel bad about my existence.

But then ponies posted. And all was right with Equestria.
    *laughs* yeah I think I would die if that happened to me.

ometimes I feel like there's this nice, steady conversation going and then I say something weird and everyone spends twenty minutes staring at me with this look on their faces that's a mix of "What the hay did it just say?"
    And "who let her in here?"

Hahahah! Which is fine when I do it on purpose (Wrexershy!!!) not so much when I'm left to stew ;(

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Gotta befriend 'em all! Ponymon!

Picture relevant:

...Okay, maybe befriend was the wrong word...

*dies laughing*
    My out-load response to this got me interesting looks by my coworkers. you know, looks that are kinda a mix of "What the hay did it just do?"
    And "who let her in here?"
    8D
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-01 at 09:43 AM.
    I love my filly~

19. - Top - End - #199

Ugh, I know about this niggling little regrets that never go away. I missed it since I wasn't following the RP; sorry to re-dredge it.

Also, I was looking on deviant art, and someone made an interesting point. Who here likes The Emperor's New Groove? Who here likes Prince Cuzco, once he gets his head put on straight? Guess who is remarkably similar to Prince Cuzco?

That's right, Blueblood. It's just that Blueblood isn't as snarkily charismatic.

I just throw that out there to begin discussion. Also...

Mayor: You can't just force Applejack off her farm to create Bluebloodtopia!

Blueblood: But the land is perfect for it!
    Unlike Pacha, Applejack has a pretty direct line to a higher power than the annoying prince. Putting blueblood into the body of something either grotesque or unrespectable (koala screams out to me for some reason) does have its appeal though.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Unlike Pacha, Applejack has a pretty direct line to a higher power than the annoying prince. Putting blueblood into the body of something either grotesque or unrespectable (koala screams out to me for some reason) does have its appeal though.
    I think it would more be a direct reason for Celestia to make good on the promise in the 'Dear Idiot' letter. Speaking of which I thought Bobcat made that one but no, so I don't have a link. All hail our new donut overlord.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I think it would more be a direct reason for Celestia to make good on the promise in the 'Dear Idiot' letter. Speaking of which I thought Bobcat made that one but no, so I don't have a link. All hail our new donut overlord.
    Here's an interesting thought:

What if she already did? What if Blueblood's been in Ponyville for all of the post-gala (time-wise) episodes this whole time? Which background animal would he be?

22. - Top - End - #202

Here's an interesting thought:

What if she already did? What if Blueblood's been in Ponyville for all of the post-gala (time-wise) episodes this whole time? Which background animal would he be?
    My bet is on some form of rat. :P

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

23. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

I saved Nomar's edit of the sign as a transparant .vtf for use as a tf2 spray. Unfortunately, now I have no idea where to host it. I would much like to convert the white space out of all my sprays, so does anyone have any ideas?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Ponyrolling Updates:

"Hey, can I talk to you about some very important issues?"
    "Well... there's only one issue I'm really interested in."
    "Which is?"
    "Ponies."
    "Ponies? Oh... Oh yeah, I love ponies."
    "You do?"
    "Ponies are... determined. And hardworking. And cute. And there was this thing on the internet about them or something."
    "You know ponies! What's your favourite pony?"
    "Um. Well, all ponies are good..."
    "Since you said 'hardworking' it sounds like you like Applejack."
    "Yeah, sure. Applejack."
    "Great. Give me a flier."

"Hey, can we talk to you about your student union?"
    "Sure. Can I talk to you about My Little Pony?"
    "... I guess."
    "What do you think of ponies?"
    "Oh, I love ponies. They're not on the pamphlet, but they're a... very big part of our party's philosophy. We love ponies. Ponies all the way, yep."
    "What's your favourite pony?"
    "Guys, help me out here?"
    "You're on your own man."
    "I... like... the pretty pony."
    "Celestia?"
    "Sure! Yeah. Celestia."
    "Okay, you've made your sale. Give me the flier."
    "Thank god."
    ...See, now I'm starting to want to do this to politicians and Jehovah's Witnesses and whatnot when they show up. And just about everyone. Except people from charities because then I'd have to agree to give them money as a reward and that would end up costing me a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    To be more clear, the indecision with this piece is that I'm not sure if it's passably good or actually good, and I'm not sure about submitting something that's just mediocre. I know that I'm capable of good writing at this point, that's not what's troubling me, it's just if that piece is representative of it.

The following is the result of me playing too much Team Fortress 2 the last few days and concluding that Scout and Rainbow Dash are soul mates, and having an odd desire to ponyfy him and throw him into my fanficverse.

The Setting: Some of the girls are in town for business. Dash went along and wandered off, eventually winding up at the pony equivalent of a featherweight boxing match or an Mixed Martial Arts match. Spoilered for silly.

Spoiler
    Show

Dash: I don't know how YOUR weekend was, but I met the most amazing guy EVER. His name's Scout!
    Dash: We just talked for hours. Flying, fighting, our childhoods... AJ, is this was love feels like?
    Applejack: Uh, sugarcube, you're gonna have to use your words. Ah can't exactly see yer feelins'.
    Dash: He GETS me. He's just like me, only we're good at different stuff so I'm not afraid to admit he's better at stuff than me! That's rare!
    Twilight: Um, that actually happens a lot. I mean, you can't do unicorn magic, right?
    Dash (mumble mumble mumble)
    Twilight: Huh?
    Dash: I said I always told myself I could be the best at it if I ever felt like it.
    Dash: But back on topic! He's so awesome! The way he took that guy apart in the ring was like... poetry. Perfection.
    Twilight: That... that sounds slightly sick.
    Dash: I figured you wouldn't understand.
    Applejack: Well, ah'm happy fer you, ah guess. Just... this guy could be trouble. You want this spare can of mace ah brought along?
    Dash: No thanks. Scout already got me one.
    (she proceeds to drop a mace on the table)
    Twilight: That's a mace they used in the second llama war. Or a very good recreation.
    Dash: He said it matched my eyes!
    But alas, the relationship was doomed to fail! The two had a rather intense argument after the hundredth time Dash captured the intelligence before Scout could by virtue of being able to fly. Harsh words were said, and the two found they could never go back to how things were. And to this day rainbows remind Scout of everything he could have had but lost.

Stars and Garters, why the hay did I show you where those things were? Hittin' me with the sad pony face. We just had a conversation around here about not abusing the sad pony face! I mean, c'mon!
    Hit him again, HIT HIM AGAIN!

I'm holdin' you to this. Hard.
    It begins.

So hey folks. I'm having the second thoughts.
    Our planned Marathon for the 3rd, I'm starting to view it more and more as just a stunt. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

We have a couple folks who like the speed we are at now. I can't help but feel like blitzing through the thread is an insult to all the poor ponies who are having trouble keeping up as it is.

Thoughts?
    This is largely what concerns me about it. We move through threads fast enough as it is, and I wouldn't want to have pony threads in general shut down if we do this and it bothers the mods. That and I just don't see how we can fill a full thread with pure pony-related goodness that fast without resorting to excessive RP or spam/filler.

Though I did have an idea if we wanted to have a specific theme or something. We could have it so we try to draw ponies as responses to posts instead of actually typing. (Like those Ask [pony] Tumblr things) I just don't think many people would be interested in participating in that.

What would make me so happy? Add an appendix to it, with the note "stores and regulates the body's love levels."
    I second this. The ponies need something to regulate love.
    ...Does this mean that in Party of One Pinkie's appendix burst...?

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    G'evening, dropping a post before I drop for bed - wanted to give you guys the finished diagram of Ponatomy!

Spoiler
    Show

First off, the much larger version with the big ol' wall of explanatory text...
    Spoiler
    Show

And the smaller one which is fortunately far smaller.

Hope you ponies have a wondiferously fantabulous evening until I see you again! At which point, your day may go about doing what it would normally do. G'night!
    Spoiler
    Show

I have entirely too many pictures stored up that I need to use. I swear I could almost go an entire thread posting only pictures as responses.

Ugh, I know about this niggling little regrets that never go away. I missed it since I wasn't following the RP; sorry to re-dredge it.

Also, I was looking on deviant art, and someone made an interesting point. Who here likes The Emperor's New Groove? Who here likes Prince Cuzco, once he gets his head put on straight? Guess who is remarkably similar to Prince Cuzco?

That's right, Blueblood. It's just that Blueblood isn't as snarkily charismatic.

Blueblood tries to kick Applejack off her farm? I get the feeling he wouldn't be living very long. Especially not when Big Mac and the rest of the Apple family get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I think that for this one, less is more:

I'm going to agree with this. As much fun as panic!Dash is in that it's more amusing when the warning picture has vanished completely.

*skullpalm*
    I'm sorry shooting ponies at you somehow resulted in you turning into a Pokemon?

Yeah, no idea what sparked that. But it amuses me to no end.

First, considering they came in at FTL velocity and we wern't expecting it, we didn't have time to put the shields up. Secondly, our sensor logs indicate they were coated in some kind of bubble/coating which not only protected the ponies from flash-freezing in the depths of space, but allowed them to phase through the hull, cleverly dumping the kinetic energy from their speed into the phasing to kill their velocity (and so they didn't simply splash on the wall). Our high-tech armour is solid, but even it's not teleport-proof. In future, now that we know, the shields will easily take the impact.

Secondly, "hug" is not a word that can be used to describe being hit by umpteen ponies, moving at near sonic velocity. "Bodyslam" is closer, or possibly "Takedown" or "Doudle Edge." (It also hurt them waaay more than me!)
    I'm not sure how much damage that would cause them. We've seen Dash crash into plenty of things/ponies and it doesn't seem to affect them much. Maybe the ponies have that ability that makes them immune to backlash damage...

(I just realised; the Aotrs symbol would be Lord Death Despoil's cutie mark. I'll be sure to never mention that when I next speak to him.)
    *Saved*
    Y'know, just in case Lord Death Despoil decides to come for a visit or something.

Fixed that for you.

What? She totally is.
    ...Alicorns are part deer now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    My bet is on some form of rat. :P

Or an owl.

Suddenly the extreme helpfulness makes sense!

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Or an owl.
    Oh. Snap. @_@

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Or an owl.
    As well as the near-universal despisal of that episode. We all subconsciously hated it because Blueblood was in it. Of course!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Megaquote post: I should start training with SiuiS edition!

I personally ship Colgate with a deep annoyance with Doctor Whooves, her master Time Lord trainer.

That's right. I ship her with her annoyance at someone. THAT'S HOW ANNOYED SHE IS.

Also the proper term for Celestia is Mature Beauty. Every equivalent saying (MILF, Cougar, etc) has negative connotations.
    Yeah, I have no idea who to ship her with. I like the annoyance, though. Also, as other posters have said, I really can't think of a nice way to say Celestia looks good...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Dear Internets,

Why is Fluttershy a cephalopod?

Spoiler
    Show

Yours sincerely,
    Dexam.
    Hmm, that's the first time in a long time where visions of cephalopoda didn't make me go "Crap! Deep Ones! Hide me!"

The following is the result of me playing too much Team Fortress 2 the last few days and concluding that Scout and Rainbow Dash are soul mates, and having an odd desire to ponyfy him and throw him into my fanficverse.

The Setting: Some of the girls are in town for business. Dash went along and wandered off, eventually winding up at the pony equivalent of a featherweight boxing match or an Mixed Martial Arts match. Spoilered for silly.

Spoiler
    Show

Dash: I don't know how YOUR weekend was, but I met the most amazing guy EVER. His name's Scout!
    Dash: We just talked for hours. Flying, fighting, our childhoods... AJ, is this was love feels like?
    Applejack: Uh, sugarcube, you're gonna have to use your words. Ah can't exactly see yer feelins'.
    Dash: He GETS me. He's just like me, only we're good at different stuff so I'm not afraid to admit he's better at stuff than me! That's rare!
    Twilight: Um, that actually happens a lot. I mean, you can't do unicorn magic, right?
    Dash (mumble mumble mumble)
    Twilight: Huh?
    Dash: I said I always told myself I could be the best at it if I ever felt like it.
    Dash: But back on topic! He's so awesome! The way he took that guy apart in the ring was like... poetry. Perfection.
    Twilight: That... that sounds slightly sick.
    Dash: I figured you wouldn't understand.
    Applejack: Well, ah'm happy fer you, ah guess. Just... this guy could be trouble. You want this spare can of mace ah brought along?
    Dash: No thanks. Scout already got me one.
    (she proceeds to drop a mace on the table)
    Twilight: That's a mace they used in the second llama war. Or a very good recreation.
    Dash: He said it matched my eyes!
    I like this (especially the mace part), but which one is Scout again?

I would totally love a crossover like this! And not at all because I want to see Blueblood publicly shamed...well, actually that's pretty much the exact reason.

Y'know, with as much of a jerk as Bon Bon consistently is... I'm not even sure Lyra would be happy with her, sometimes. Like, as much as the fanon is that she's sweet and patient, the actual canon (if you accept that both times it was Bon Bon and not Background Pony #6) seems to paint her as kind of nasty and self centered.

Maybe she'd be better off successfully wooing Twilight after years of loving her from afar.

I dunno. I don't wanna rock the boat. Sometimes, I just have these moments; like, when I say, "Oh right, there's no indication that Soarin is actually a loyalty obsessed soldier in the show."
    This is one instance where I'm going to stop my ears and blissfully ignore canon, because fanon is so much cuter...

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    G'evening, dropping a post before I drop for bed - wanted to give you guys the finished diagram of Ponatomy!

Spoiler
    Show

First off, the much larger version with the big ol' wall of explanatory text...
    Spoiler
    Show

And the smaller one which is fortunately far smaller.

Hope you ponies have a wondiferously fantabulous evening until I see you again! At which point, your day may go about doing what it would normally do. G'night!
    That is awesome. Also kind of weird, because it makes me hungry...I'm not sure I'm ok with this set of feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I think we should compare My Little Pony to Shakespeare as often as is possible, so, in that spirit, Rarity is a dead ringer for Helena from All's Well That Ends Well (except Rarity has the somewhat less useful skill of dressmaking rather than doctory). They both get what they want through cunning and manipulation, but at the same time they're genuinely well meaning and they go out of their way to help others in need. Blueblood is a bit like Bertram (though that's more of a stretch; if war exists in Equestria, I can't imagine Blublood going off to it), in that they both seem like the picture of chivalry from thirty feet away and the portrait of, uh, the opposite of chivalry from five.
    I approve, but my brain has gone derpy on Shakespeare characters. Keep up the good work though!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You forgot all those quaint British positions. High Admiral, Lord Chancellor and whatnot.

Time to catch up with the rest of the posts.
    Can I call Lord Chancellor? I really want to be Lord Chancellor!

It took me a second glance to twig.

And then I skulldesked.

And actually, I find that, hilarious and creative though it is, the ponies-are-made-of-candy theory to be very much mindscrew-y. I mean, that's kinda disturbing, on the level of ponies-turn-into-tress-when-they-die disturbing.

Maybe it's just me...
    Nope. I'm in the same boat with you...in fact, my brain just began combining candy-filled ponies with a certain perk from Fallout that will not be mentioned, and now I need brain bleach...

(It's still awesome, Inkwell, I'm just a very strange pony, so ignore me)

Hmmm... since pegasi don't need their legs to move, do you think there was a "ghost tail" dress craze at one point? Pegasus mares wearing dresses that seriously restricted their leg movement to look cool. Hobble skirts to the 10th power.
    This is actually...kind of interesting. It would certainly lead to some unique fan art.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I'm glad someone caught the stealth pun there :P

-snip-

Haha, thanks. And was that a Diablo reference I spy?
    Stay a while and listen to Deckard Cain rapping
    I admit that I got the pun from the Ponibooru comments; I'm just glad that somepony noticed.

Also, I enjoyed Deckard Cain's Ancient Horadric rapping skills.

Pinkie Pie Used Headbutt!
    Pinkie Pie Missed!
    ...And Keeps Going!

Spoiler
    Show

Its Super Effective!

On a side note, we now know that liches follow the same rules as Pokemon. We just need to find his typing and spam what he is weak against next time! The whole "hurt them way more than me" comment makes me think rock or steel.
    I'm gonna say that Aotrs is a Ghost/Dark with the ability Super Wonderguard+. This ability acts as Wonderguard and Magic Bounce at the same time. Foes will need Foresight or Mold Breaker (or Fire Fang, because: Glitch) to be able to hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You forgot all those quaint British positions. High Admiral, Lord Chancellor and whatnot.

Time to catch up with the rest of the posts.
    There's also Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-01 at 11:32 AM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea who to ship her with. I like the annoyance, though. Also, as other posters have said, I really can't think of a nice way to say Celestia looks good...
    Just say that she's a pretty pony?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Just say that she's a pretty pony?
    Well, ok, but I say that about a lot of them. Celestia is, I dunno, more regal or something.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!