Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 37

[Anderson]

Karaglen is feeling several things at this precise moment.
    The emotions from reacquiring her snake, remembering her childhood, and remorse over her actions.
    And now immense humility in the face of a god, nervousness, and slight confusion, among a myriad of others.

Her head is becoming slightly confused again, but at least it's not from the dark haze that leads her to do terrible things.
    "I'm...honored...I will try my best to not disappoint you..."
    Really not sure why he's picked her, to help like this...but she can't very well refuse him.
    He's a god.
    Not that...she'd want to. But anyway.
    It's a bit of a random honor.
    Inner Circle
    Shepherd of the Plush Flock
    Avatar: Obsidian Block Feia, by Gulaghar
    "This is all in my head..."
    "Are you sure? Maybe it's in mine!"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Waterfall]

Harnel Moves over to the message on the wall again, examining it. There must be something he's missing.

[Down the Road]

Not cool. Tendrils aren't cool at all.

A wuick flap of the wings sends Harnel into the air. He has to deal with this thing somehow - Is that Nadya person sending them?

Regardless, He needs to act quickly. Harnel flies forwards - he's remarkably fast for his small size, and should be close to the eye by the time it can act. Still, it might give him some trouble, since that kind of speed requires a straight line to move in.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

[At the Feet of K'rax]

Zee waves cheerfully at Dee See as soon as he arrives!

"Hiya! Welcome back!" she comments, quite happy at the moment. "Nope! We've got everything covered! All that's left is sealing Cthulhu! They're running a little tight on time over there, but I'm sure they'll pull it off!"

A beat.

"Oh. And Oorn too. But I think that one is well under control as well. Mostly it was just a precaution in case her mate work up and he didn't so we're still good!"

Yay!

Maggy and his new Hippo/bear friend should be arriving here pretty soon too!

[And Now Much Higher...]

The landing party steps through the end of the tunnel and-!

They now stand at the entrance to the cave on a mountain cliff looming high above the landscape that stretches in every direction. Rolling hills and verdant forests and waving planes of grass. Not of obsidian. But very much alive. Bright sunlight shines down from the clear sky high above. Far below a river winds across the valley like a silver ribbon.

In the far distance a bird of prey calls to her fledglings, trying to coax them out of their nest.

A strong mountain wind whips at them, though they probably wouldn't feel it through their armor.

It's like a whole different world in here.

[Red Zone Streets]

The chimera looks at the lad as if that were a rather silly question. "Mother, of course."

[Waterfall]

The message hasn't changed in the least. And the remains have already dissolved away into nothing. Oddly enough there are two gems left behind, one yellow and the other blue. Both pulse with concentrated Eldritch power.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    Spoiler
    Show

Zee is a perfectly normal human female. You suspect nothing!

Winifred 'Freddie' Fredrick
    Souls Nommed: 905
    Days Since Last Nomming: 0

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Waterfall]

Ashley takes the two gems, adding them to her green gem in her pocket. She's still on her toes, fully expecting something new as she exits.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Care Scene - Streets

The Remnant team pauses, waiting and watching. Every second would cost possible Innocents, but if they made a wrong move, they could lose much much more...

Anderson Street

"It is your choice, Karaglen. I am not someone who gets wrathful when an offer is turned down. I know what you're going through more than most other people." He tells her, ducking his head a bit to try and catch her eyes with his. "You have no need to bow your to me. I am not your master. I'm just a guide."

K'rax, High Above

The team stops, absolutely dumbfounded for once, but those in silver armor flinch when Edijar slams a fist into the cave wall with tremendous force in anger. After a moment, he grits his teeth and calls back to base. "Salvation Leader to HQ. Give me a map. What is our location and distance till our target?"
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Down the Road]

It's possible that Nadya sent the eye.
    But there's probably better uses for one's minions, then as useless fodder for another monster in a trap.

The eye doesn't really appear determined to do a whole lot as Harnel approaches.
    Unless having tendrils move in to grab at his hammer while the bulk of the entity itself dashes forward to bull-rush him counts.

It's reasonably confident that it'll win this game of chicken.

[Anderson Street]

If Wolfy tries for her gaze, it isn't that hard to catch.
    Karaglen can get the memo easily enough and hesitantly looks up a little, to give him what he wants.
    "Should always be respectful to a god...shouldn't I?
    I like your offer...I'm just confused why you're picking me..."
    Inner Circle

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

[K'rax, High Above]

The base will radio back that the Salvation team has reached their target location, but that they're only a few meters below the surface. It should be plainly obvious that they walked much further than that to reach the present vista.

This could be some kind of pocket dimension inside the Far Chimera?

Though it begs the question why?

Why would she need all this in here?

[Care - Streets]

The little girl missing her left arm stands up and begins limping toward the Remnant soldiers while her siblings watch from a safe distance. She hardly looks like a threat... Looks more like she could fall down dead at any moment.

But given the nature of things of the Far looks can always be deceptive.

When she's about twenty feet or so away she stops and sits down on a curb. Seems almost... nervous to get closer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

[Waterfall]

Harnel points to Ashely's pocket, probably regarding the gems. Draconic greed plays across his features - He's altruistic, but he's still kind of greedy. It's in his nature.

[Down the Road]

In that case, Harnel merely lets go of the hammer.

Without that holding him back with the tendrils, Harnel grabs onto the bull rushing eye with his claws, and begins breathing a stream of fire directly onto its pupil.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Down the Road]

Hammer released.
    Eye claw-crabbed.

Thrum.
    Thrum.
    Thrum.

Fire spewed all over its rather slimy cornea.
    Clearly it doesn't like this, since it starts shaking rather violently, before proceeding to ram towards a nearby roof-corner.

Probably intends to smash Harnel on it.

Anyone know what melted cornea looks like?
    Maybe like that black mess all over this thing.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets - Care]

Care takes a step back, away from the half-human critter. Nervous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11. - Top - End - #341

[The Docks]

After the tentacle was defeated, and it's controller, Reis walks off into the backstreets. It was obvious he wasn't really prepared for the bigger scale stuff, maybe he should work on his latest lyrics?

(OOC:Reis is stepping out of the scene for now.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

If I'm needed in a FFRP scene, or someone has an idea for one of my characters, PM me. It's more likely to be received than anything else.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

[At the Feet of K'rax]

"...I take it I wasn't actually supposed to crush the thing with whales?" DC chuckles a little, apparently still affected by that success.

Who wouldn't be, really?

It's a drastic difference from his usual perpetual irritation, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and KidKris

FFR Links:

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson Street

Wolfy pauses a moment, gathering his thoughts before explaining. "It may be difficult to understand, but I'll try. Fate isn't preordained. It can only try to guide people. Like me. However, at this point, I have a chance to intervene somewhat. To help you in person. While I can't choose which path you should take, I can support you after you choose." He reaches out to try and squeeze her shoulder.

"Some people aren't destined for good things, or bad things, or even glory. They're just destined. There's something important about that person that makes them special to the Fates and the world."

Wolfy lets out a slight smile. "Like you."

Care Scene - Streets

The Force Leader seems to relax when the kid begins to approach, and lowers his weapons, giving a nod to the others to keep a watch out as he begins to walk over to the kid.

K'rax, High Above

Edijar absorbs the information with a frown before continuing with his orders. "Go to cloaking. Take flight and spread out. Look for something vital or significant to the structure of this place. Do not, I repeat, do not engage any life forms if it can be helped."

The others nod and do so, turning invisible one by one and flying off in different directions.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Down the Road]

Well, that's not good, but easily dealt with.

Harnel will use his wings to flip himself over the eye, his claws probably making a few gashes as they move along, as he hasn't let go. Then, once he's on the other side, let go and start flying on his own power
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-08-03 at 02:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Anderson Street]

If Karaglen wasn't so full of conflicting emotions right now, she'd be exploding with excitement and honor-bound drive right about now.
    Hug, should squeeze, consolation, and now a declaration of Importance from a god.

All at the same time, no less!

Instead, she kind of shuffles a little and subconsciously strokes her stuffed snake.
    He said to choose.
    Also said that she's not necessarily being railroaded by fate either.
    Her choice really does matter. Might affect a good many things from here out.
    "Destined...maybe...
    I just want to make the world a better place...so someday maybe it can be peaceful enough for people to take their children outside, without worrying about what monster they'll see that day, or if some new kind of criminal is going to appear...
    Not really...possible to get rid of everything, I guess...but it's been my dream to make a difference..."

Most of this kind of just splutters out of her mouth and she's not sure why.
    Kara looks a little sheepish afterwards.
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Streets - Care]

The little girl doesn't move from her spot as the much larger man approaches her. Just... watching. Once he's within a comfortable speaking distance, "Why have you been shooting my brothers and sisters?" she asks. Her tone is one of innocence and confusion. No malice. No hate. Just curiosity and deep sadness. "We just want to help."

[K'rax, High Above]

The Salvation team spreads out!

It'll become clear in a hurry that this place is huge. Searching everywhere is all but impossible. But it won't take too long to find a number of interesting things.

For one, there are signs of civilization here. Long deserted ruins. Long deserted to the point that the natural landscape has all but consumed them. And not just simple stone monuments either. Cities, modern ones at that.

There are also the wells.

Huge obsidian pits in the earth surrounded by electric blue lay lines. They look nearly bottomless. Very possibly where the team will need to go next.

Oh.

And one human.

A fellow in an obviously home-made outfit laying on a grassy hillside under a large oak tree. He has a straw hat pulled down over his face. Seems to be taking a nap.

[At the Foot of K'rax]

"Whatever works I guess," Zee laughs. She then squints at the psion suspiciously. "You seem awfully upbeat... Are you sure you haven't been infected by Gloon brain slugs? 'cuz I'm sure the real Dee See would never be anything other than grumpy and moody."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-03 at 03:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

((Well maybe I missed something))

"So the apocalypse is dealt with then? Well thats good."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Nexus Characters: LINK

I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Erin's Emporium

Aeryn, lost for ideas, decides to do the one thing that is reputed to always work in this sort of situation.

Mike will find himself being rather passionatly kissed!
    EE

The first demon rushed at me, swinging high. I ducked a clawed hand, and send my energy charged fist up into it's face. As the one is knocked back, I'm tackled by another. As we fall off the side of the highway, I manage to send a small blast of energy into the demon's face, forcing it to let me go. Just before I hit the ground, I vanish again.

My eyes blink awake, as I find myself being kissed. Not that I'm complaining.
    Last edited by Kyrian; 2011-08-03 at 06:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Cox: Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'See ya' then the third word will be 'Oh my god. My crotch. You've punched me in my crotch.'.

Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

Gracie was born 7/12/12 at 1:19pm EST

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson Street

Wolfy offers the girl a cheery smile. "It's a noble goal, and you can reach it either way." After a moment, his ears fall back a bit with a sigh. "Your choice isn't about what's good or evil, Kara. It's more about what you're willing to sacrifice to reach your goal. On one hand, you'll gain power, strength, and complete conviction in the knowledge that you know you're making the world a better place, even though you'll be hated, hunted, and feared." He tells her with a gesture at the sword.

"On the other, you know you're doing what is morally right, and will be respected and honored. People will look up to you. However, it will be difficult to tell that you'll be doing enough as you won't be trying to change things with force and have to rely on other people's willingness to listen to you."

"Certainty versus Doubt, Hatred versus Respect. You'll have to weigh all aspects before you choose, and there is no dishonor in taking a while to decide. When you do though, I'll help you."
    He leans down to hug her once more. "Come, let me take you to a place where you can get cleaned up, relax, and think." He tells her before vanishing, trying to whisk her away to his realm, along with the sword.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

Foot of K'rax

The silvery aliens find this whole scene very interesting. They take notes, make sketches, and make theories. Seeing as Zee has a lot of stuff to do, they do not bug her any further at this moment.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

[Red Zone Streets]

The chimera looks at the lad as if that were a rather silly question. "Mother, of course."
    "And who exactly is your mother?" Riley questions, his hands prying at a loose bit of asphalt behind his back.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    Declared terminal 24 December, 2013. Come and get me.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

She doesn't look terribly busy at the moment, actually. Zee looks quite pleased right now to tell the truth. Everything has worked out great thus far! And now there are just a few loose ends to wrap up. They managed to postpone That Day!

Probably for a few more thousand years at least!

And that's just great!

Zee smiles at the guy in green that Rebo doesn't know the name of because his name isn't ever in any of his posts. "We've won. You should go home and spend some time with your family, have a quiet day. You deserve it after what you've been doing."

She offers a shallow bow.

"Thank you."

And then casts a sidelong glance at the aliens. "I can answer any questions you have if you like. Or try to at least."

[Red Zone Streets]

"That's Mother,"
    the chimera replies cheerfully, pointing a claw off into the distance at the mountain of a monster at the northern edge of the city.

...holy crap. She's like the size of Cthulhu!

[Waterfall]

The party will be able to step back out into the channel the river flows through, the waterfall still split in half to make walking a little easier. Also the shoggoths are gone. Wonder where they slunk off to?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-03 at 11:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

23. - Top - End - #353

At The Foot of K'rax

Gordon makes his way over to here. He wants a bit of information on what's being going on. Sure, there's a few people he knows here, but the possiblity of the world ending is more important.

"Hello there. So, how are things going?"

LoC Ancients of Void Ap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP 12/15 +2Pantheon AP

24. - Top - End - #354

Outside the Waterfall

"Well, back to the eye of the storm, hmm?" He says with a shrug. He pauses, glancing at Ashley and motioning politely for her to go ahead first.
    If she passes him and still has both gems in her pocket, she might be dissapointed to find out later that one of the gems is missing. I wonder how that could possibly have happened?
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Pixie in the Playground

The aliens are happy!

"First, we <wondering?> what you are?"

"Also, <very polite> what you are doing?"

This is really quite fascinating!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

K'rax, Salvation Team

((Wolfy is off to Gen-Con, the lucky bastard, so me and DC will be running Remnant, and any of his characters that need to be managed.))

[K'rax, High Above]

The Salvation team spreads out!

It'll become clear in a hurry that this place is huge. Searching everywhere is all but impossible. But it won't take too long to find a number of interesting things.

For one, there are signs of civilization here. Long deserted ruins. Long deserted to the point that the natural landscape has all but consumed them. And not just simple stone monuments either. Cities, modern ones at that.

There are also the wells.

Huge obsidian pits in the earth surrounded by electric blue lay lines. They look nearly bottomless. Very possibly where the team will need to go next.

Oh.

And one human.

A fellow in an obviously home-made outfit laying on a grassy hillside under a large oak tree. He has a straw hat pulled down over his face. Seems to be taking a nap.
    As per orders, Submission-In-Adversity-Brings-Peace Halifax (called Missy or Halifax by her friends and colleagues, when they weren't giving her grief and accusing her of being Exalted) avoided the human. She also tried not to think too hard about how there was a person inside this alternate dimension that was inside a mountain that was previously inside everyone's favourite barmaid.

This mission sucked hard, and if she thought of it as murdering Zee, then she found herself hoping it would fail. But if she thought about what Zee had somehow become, she understood why it had to be done. And regardless, if Vasquez had ordered her to walk into Trog's and shoot Zee in the face, Halifax would have done it without hesitation. That's the kind of soldier she was, and that's how much respect she had for Vasquez.

Of course, she would have puked her guts up every night for a week in contrition and remorse afterwards. But hey... this time there probably won't be an afterwards. Suicide mission for sure.

She tried not to think about that either.

Over her radio, she heard Edijar order her to go down into one of the pits below her and recon. She acknowledges, and flies down. Into the dark.
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    "A corporation is not a person unless I can punch it in the face for being a jackass."
    ~Nick Harkaway

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

[At the Feet of K'rax]

Zee giggles slightly at Wendy's reaction to her. "I'm normally like this... uuhh... Weindomere?"

She isn't sure if she's pronouncing it right.

"It's just people usually can't see the rest of me. Look,"
    she turns a bit so the tendril trailing out of her spine and into a large cave-like hole in the obsidian wall behind her can be seen a little better. "I make these little tiny puppets so I can interact with little tiny people on a meaningful scale. Do you have any idea how awful it would be if I was only able to talk with people using my giant Wizard of Oz voice?"

I AM OZ!

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL!

But on to more meaningful questions!

"The aspects of Basatan and Dagon are being dealt with right now. I think they're covered. Ummm..."
    she wrinkles her nose slightly. "Assuming Harnel and the people with him manage to seal Cthulhu I think that's everyone. All the Old Ones that were rousing will be dealt with. Except Bast. Bast needs to be put down too."

THAT CAT!
    And where is it right now, so I can go and help make it dead? Wenomir just decides to ignore Zee's explanation like all the other things he can't hope to understand. And my name is Wenomir. Pronounced Venomeer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

[High on K'rax]

It's fortunate that the suits are equipped to fly. Not only is the well deep by the walls are perfectly smooth volcanic glass. After descending the first few hundred feet the only light available is a dull electric blue from those weird ley lines that seem to run just under the surface of the obsidian.

After descending for what might seem like an eternity Missy will finally find some solid footing.

Footing that proves to be absolutely breath-taking.

Eerr...

Pretend Missy is just going for a nice jog and happens to be a guy. Then that picture might make more sense.

Massive tendrils of glass extend in all directions, swaying ever so slightly under foot. Each feeds into enormous orbs crackling with light. Opalescent white and crimson and electric blue and sunrise orange. Pulses of bright blue radiance racing to and fro along the pathways, rippling through angular lines upon the surface and filling the whole chamber with a ghostly kaleidoscope of color and shadow.

...this...

Is probably what they're looking for.

Meanwhile, not inside the Far Chimera's brain!

[At the Foot of K'rax]

"Things are going pretty well!" Zee announces cheerfully to Gordon. And that's nice! Because the end of the world isn't. And then to Wendy. "Venomeer... Right. I'll try to remember that! I don't know where Bast is, unfortunately. She might not be the most powerful of the Old Ones, but she's fully awake and fully free. Sort of like I am right now. Except she's a fickle bitch."

THAT CAT.

"She's really dangerous and not something to be trifled with alone. You'll need your person and your weapons properly warded but I'm not allowed to tell you how to do that. There's a strong chance that you'll find a bunch of humanoids that she's mentally enslaved if you find her. They'll sacrifice their lives to try to protect their goddess."

...that...

Sounds horrible.

And now the aliens!

"What am I? Eerr..." Zee glances back at her towering true form. "I'm really big."

...that isn't helpful Zee.

"I'm what a lot of mortals can and 'Old One'. Big critters that have been snoozing waiting for the stars to align properly so we can wake up and cause some havoc. Except for me. My job is to keep the other Old Ones locked up until they awaken. And right now I'm doing everything I can to make sure they don't. Soo..."
    she wrinkles her nose a bit. "I guess that answers your second question too?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

High on K'rax

Missy is silent for a minute, looking around, making sure to broadcast all the footage back to base.

Because something this beautiful should be recorded....

"This is probably what we're looking for," she radios back to the team. In a few moments, they all come swarming down after her, and begin to set charges.

.... before it's destroyed.
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    "A corporation is not a person unless I can punch it in the face for being a jackass."
    ~Nick Harkaway

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

30. - Top - End - #360

[At the Foot of K'rax]

"Oh, that's good. Well, I should tell there's another thing that was affected by the stars being in the right place. You might remember the thing that was in my base's walls? Well, its in the city too."

Normally, he wouldn't be talking about that thing, but Zee or whatever her name is right now, is the expert on things like this.

LoC Ancients of Void Ap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP 12/15 +2Pantheon AP