New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 37

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fountain]

By this time the chimera is close! Whether the chisel attack works or not she'll be trying to pull the sphinx off Maggy when we find out what happened!
    It apparently did work! And Maggy is covered in slimy sphinx corpse! Gross! He tries to help with getting all the hideous goop off, and without anywhere else to dump it, decides to approach that unconscious clown from earlier. He won't mind having sphinx guts splattered all over his body, right?

"Blegh. Okay, glad that's done. Definitely washing these robes a few dozen times when I get home, though. Might even ask a priest to come over and lay some purity spells on it too, just to be safe. So what do we do now?"

Magtok hopes the answer doesn't involve more squishy glop, blood, clowns, or following precise instructions. He's really starting to hate that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets - Care]

Pig thing!
    Care manages to loose a crossbow bolt in its general direction before leaping off to the side with abandon, crashing into the ground with a thud and a clatter. The crossbow has been strengthened significantly, for apocalypse use only - if Care were firing at a normal person, the bolt would probably be able to punch a big ol' hole right through their chest. Against the monster... probably not as dramatic. Unless of course it happens to have a crippling vulnerability to wood.

[Foot of K'rax]

A newcomer approaches! And not just any newcomer! Indeed, this mysterious comer of newness is none other than the intimidating, nine-foot tall, faceless metal figure of Metta Kampilan, the more-often-than-not deadtimed Head of PACK! Look at him, all shiny and metal... and... shiny...
    So yeah, dressed in such elegant Florentine silks, he approaches! Maybe he wants to help kill some eldritch beasties? Or maybe he thinks he can simply scold the Old Ones back into their slumber.
    I'm not sure which option is the more terrifying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #123

[The Waterfall]

Seems it's time to go Leeroy on this waterfall. Ashley runs toward it, though doesn't actually enter it. "Koom lo Rl'yeh," she says, almost certain that everyone should be saying it.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-08-01 at 11:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Sensing his wife's distress, he just pulls her close, doing what he can to comfort her. Though, he doubted the power of it, compared to what she was being forced to do.

"Please," He asks quietly. "Tell me what I can do to help you. Tell me..." He recalls what Raven had said earlier, and the attack on the streets when Divaonar brought him here. "How do I stop Bast? Cal is with her, somehow. She attacked us on the streets. If I can do something, let me do this."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Waterfall

"See, was that so hard?" Ace chides, turning towards the waterfall. "Now when **** hits the fan, we'll be more prepared. And don't tell me you don't expect that to hap-" The Magician is interrupted as a large blubbering mass gibbers it's way over to them. "Like that! Come along now!"

Rushing into the waterfall, Ace says the magic words! "Koom lo Rl'yeh!"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Cathy jumps off the pincer, cursing to herself. "Dammit, I- HURK- have to make a mistake on a ritual at a time like-"

The cursing is cut off by Cathy managing to vomit up the crabs! There's still the internal damage to deal with-

so Cathy Traces a short sword, and holds it towards her belly. Thank the Root, God, or whatever that I've seen this particular guy.

And she stabs herself in the gut. Luckily for her, this particular short sword heals injuries, rather than inflicting them.

At the same time...

"I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-08-01 at 11:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson Street

Wolfy calmly walks up to her, but stops about ten feet away. "Hello Karaglen. I know they deserved it. You need not to fear retribution from me, even if perhaps your soul might eventually demand such things." He says with a sad tone, ears halfway back. He reaches into his coat slowly, watching her eyes and movements. "Instead, I bring a gift."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Anderson Street]

The girl pulls her sword away from the corpse in front of her, shifting it to the side with an ugly wet sound.
    Wolfy is given a rather hard stare, while her sword is held stiffly at her side.
    Always ready to be swept in as needed.
    "The only gift I need is this city cleansed of its destructive chaos."
    That blind misinterpretation of paladinistic righteousness has acquired a firm grasp on her mind, offering her the only tentative grasp of mental stability she can find.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #129

[The Docks]

Reis grinned, reaching the docks safely. This seemed to be no problem once you got past the stupid door....

That is, until he looked back at the satchel. The Book was easy enough to find, but how many scrolls of songs had he got in there? And not only that. He wasn't allowed to look at the Scrolls he was supposed to burn.

Well, this was a problem.

(OOC:I'll post a follow-up after I've done a bit of driving. Nothing to reply to here.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #130

[Waterfall]

When all three party members speak the password the waterfall opens for them! If they hadn't said the password they would have just run headlong into a concrete wall behind said waterfall.

Once inside they find-!

A headless corpse. Very possibly the guy that was supposed to give them further instructions.

Also in the room is a...

Starspawn of Cthulhu. With blood covered claws. And bits of brain matter on its tentacles. "Ah, the heroes. I was expecting you," the bloated blasphemy burbles.

[Fountain]

The clown is now covered in soupy sphinx corpse. Eeww.

"That's up to you," the chimera replies as she dunks her head in the fountain to wash the blood off her face. "Nearly all the Old Ones are either sealed or awake now. We'll need to kick around the aspects of the awakened ones if we want to save the world!"

That wouldn't require convoluted quests or clown blood. Probably.

[At the Feet of K'rax]

At Raril's question one of Zee's eyes twitches a little. She moves her mouth but no sound comes out. No sound besides, "I... I can't tell you. I can't tell you how to seal an Old One that's already awake. It's not that I don't want to I... I just can't."

About as possible for her as it is possible for Raril to be a platypus. Maybe less so.

"But I can tell you that Bast has been sealed before. She wasn't ever really put into a dreaming death. She just had her power locked away. By mortal magic, too. She's part goddess so you could-"

Mouth moving.

No sound.

Zee cringes. "I'm sorry..." She gives Raril a pleading look. "Please don't try to stop her with Cal around. And not by yourself. It would be suicide."

The various chimeras (nearly all of which are half-drow children at this point) cluster around Raril with pleas of, 'Don't go Father!' Raven is perched on top of a nearby pillar that was broken about twenty feet off the ground, still in chimeric form and still silent. She's far to serious to be whining for attention! Hmph!

And then a newcomer!

A metal one.

Zee quirks an eyebrow at him. "Eerr... hello?"

[Beach]

Vomits...

Crabs.

Ueegh...

*shudder*

There are now a bunch of demonic looking crabs in a skittering heap at Cathy's feet. And the aspect of Basatan is rising out of the sand. It'll probably take him a bit to get lose.

[Streets - Care]

It's a squidpig! Or maybe a pigsquid.

Regardless of what the thing is it's really gross. Oh! And it has one bat-like wing sticking out of its back. Not sure what good one wing would do, but it's got one.

The bolt glances off the monster harmlessly. Doesn't even seem to phase it. With a really gross bubbling pig-squeal the monster begins lumbering toward her. Slowly.

And then leaps at her.

Fastly.

Thankfully someone decides to giver her a hand!

The someone in this case is a woman in some nice studded leather armor who slides in front of her and breaks what looks like a wand in half. Doing so causes a prismatic shield blazing with the Elder Sign to leap into being between pig and people.

It hits the barrier.

Hangs in the air for a fraction of a second.

And then gets flung away with absurd force.

The woman turns around to berate Care, "What the hell do you think you're doing out here trying to fight starspawn without properly treated weapons?"

There isn't much time to answer 'cuz the pigsquid is getting up fast!

"Here," she tosses Care a drum of crossbow bolts. "Use those instead you dolt."

[Docks]

When the pack is opened there are no scrolls inside.

Or a book for that matter.

On heaps of stinky sea weed.

The dark shape in the water begins to grow larger...
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-02 at 12:36 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Anderson Street]

The girl pulls her sword away from the corpse in front of her, shifting it to the side with an ugly wet sound.
    Wolfy is given a rather hard stare, while her sword is held stiffly at her side.
    Always ready to be swept in as needed.
    "The only gift I need is this city cleansed of its destructive chaos."
    That blind misinterpretation of paladinistic righteousness has acquired a firm grasp on her mind, offering her the only tentative grasp of mental stability she can find.
    Anderson Street

Wolfy shakes his head, appearing genuinely saddened by the display before pulling out a shoebox and stroking the lid, looking at it. "No Karaglen. You need to be humbled. In body, mind, and spirit. And perhaps this can do this for you." He says, offering her the box. "There is no cost to this. It is a gift given freely."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Waterfall]

"And I was expecting someone less brutally ugly than you," Harnel quips.

Or was about to, totally forgetting the issue here, before a hand slapped over his mouth >.>
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-08-02 at 12:40 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Some Alley]

In a sharp contrast to the general doom and gloom around the city, a cheerful whistling can be heard down an alley. That is, until it cuts off. "Who's dere? Waja doin lyin on da ground like dat?" An accusing voice demands. Suddenly there's a muffled yelp and the sound of a scuffle.

After a long pause a man saunters out of the alley. He's a slender man, clean shaven and dark dark eyes. He wears a grey pinstripe suit and matching fedora. He fiddles with his tommy gun a moment, a small smile, almost a knowing one, decorates his face. He heads off down a random street, picking up the whistling where he left off.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

She decides to take advantage of this.

"I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unaware of loss, nor aware of gain.
    Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one's arrival.
    I have no regrets. This is the only path."

It's as much a prayer as a spell. A summary of Cat-

No. Emiya Kiyoko's philosophy.

"My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works."

And with the final line... the spell is completed.

In a large area around Cathy and the aspect, a line of fire expands. It doesn't burn, but the world changes as it passes.

To a field of blades. A seemingly-infinite field of blades, of all different kinds. Spears, swords, axes...

This is Emiya Kiyoko's Reality Marble, her inner world- her very soul forced onto the world around her.

She backs away from the crabs, seeing what they do... and waiting for the aspect to get loose. ...let's hope I can still retrieve this. If not, I think I'll be joining you today, Saber... and my mess will have to be cleaned up by others.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-08-02 at 12:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #135

[The Waterfall]

Ashley just stares at the Starspawn. Well, she supposed she expected this in a way. The sorceress reaches into her bag of holding, hoping she'll find something good.

16. - Top - End - #136

Waterfall

Harnel doesn't manage to say all that, actually. As soon as he opens his mouth, Ace slaps his left hand over the warrior's face, stiffing his words.
    "The weather," he says, shooting a sidelong glance at Harnel, "is very nice today!"

He lifts his right hand, holding it palm-forward. From the bracer around his arm, a rope of hankerchief's tied together spirals out! It dances through the air for a moment, before Ace sends it to wrap itself around the abomination's claws. "And it would be such a shame," he says in a low, threatening tone, "if it had to rain on this parade."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Foot of K'rax]

Raril holds his wife tighter. "No, I'm sorry. You're right. It'd be suicide. I'm being selfish. You need me here, and here I'll stay." He promises.

The drow looks up when the headmaster approaches.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Anderson Street]

Karaglen continues to stare at Wolfy, glancing down at the box for a moment.
    "This had best not be a trick, werewolf."
    The girl has no idea who she's addressing, but she doesn't seem to care at the moment.

The sword is held slightly to the side, while her other hand cautiously accepts the gift.
    Another moment, before she uses the finger from one hand to pry off the lid.

The lid falls to the ground and the girl's hard expression is briefly marred by confusion.
    Her eyes squint slightly, while she tilts the body, using gravity to prove what's inside is real.

A simple stuffed snake toy, covered in a multitude of glittery sequins, is within.
    Nothing particularly fancy.

"Is...this...mine?"
    She doesn't mean as if to confirm the gift is hers, but that what's inside, this snake, was already hers.

The sword is slammed point-first into a crack in the ground, so that she can bring the other hand to hold the box as well.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson Street

Wolfy doesn't smile, instead still looking slightly sad. "It is, Karaglen. It's the one that's always been yours, and always will be."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets - Care]

"I'm not trying to fight starspawn, I'm trying to escape starspawn. I was on my way out of the city until This Little Piggy here ambushed me." Says Care, angrily, picking herself up with speed. She's grateful for the save, of course, but her savior's attitude leaves much to be desired. At least Reinholdt was polite, even if it was a little off putting that he knew her name and stuff.

[The Foot of K'rax]

"Hello." Says the metal figure, speaking from its chest as it usually does, its androgynous voice effortlessly fusing the deep, resonant tones of James Earl Jones with the reedy, supercilious manner and inflection of a particular kind of pinch-faced, bespectacled official. An unusual blend, to be sure.
    As Kampilan gets closer, K'rax may (or may not, I don't know) sense that the metal elemental is, in some ways, her opposite. Just as K'rax is a thing of the Far, bound to realms and dimensions that defy conventional reality, Kampilan is similarly bound to the Earth, solid and tangible, a fully natural being whose mysteries are solely of the readily explainable and comprehensible sort. In short, boring, only so boring it becomes a supernatural ability.
    For indeed, just as it's Earth's nature to bind and conceal, to sequester such cosmic horrors and unnatural magics deep within forgotten tombs and out-of-the-way canyons, this influence extends to its avatar, or whatever small fraction of its avatar the metal man represents, and K'rax and her spawnlings may find simply being in the metal man's presence to be a draining and confining experience, as though some aura saps at the fundamental otherworldliness that makes them them, trying to reduce them back to the familiar mundanities of the natural world.
    Well, the starspawn, more than K'rax. K'rax, after all, is quite large, and Kampilan is, after all, only a fifth of a much greater whole.
    "I am here to fix what ails this Earth. To bind, or to destroy, what would rend my world asunder. Do you have a task for me?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2011-08-02 at 01:02 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Docks]

Eig'Quzi grits its teeth in agony even as it grows a pit larger. The monster gives a painful-looking spasm when the lightning shocks through it, before unleashing a roar.

It's a very loud roar, and backed up by magic. A tiny ear-shattering sonic boom, which pretty much shreds the eardrum, rolls out in front of Eig'Quzi. Strangely, its effects are lessened to the sides of the monster, and insignificant behind it. Magic shout, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Docks]

Nadas is quite happy to be mostly behind EQ. Like he's been since... almost always in these fights.

He will throw another sleep spell at one of the two still up, but it might not be as effective considering
    Spoiler
    Show
    MAGICAL SHOUT POWERS.

But we all do what we can.
    [Docks]

One of the fishfrogmen gets its flesh peeled off its bones by the sonic roar. It is now unable to use supernatural abilities for a little while! But that's irrelevant 'cuz it's meat is all splattered over that wall on the other side of the dock.

Eeww...

Nadas' sleep spell may or may not work. Is it sound based like a lullaby or something? If not then it should work just fine and the remaining deep one will collapse in a heap.

If not then it will jump off Eig and try to masticate Nadas' face off.

GRAWR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Docks]

Nah, it's not actually sound based. Nadas is not a bard.
    Yay for not having his face masticated off!
    [Docks]

So...

Yeah.

The deep ones that were milling around the docks are dead now. There's a decent chance that Eig and Nadas will spot that guy they briefly saw at the library earlier who picked up some scrolls and a book from the receptionist at the counter.

He's not here yet. Player dead time can be a bugger.

...something slimy is swimming around in the water though. Something frothy and black and flashing with ghostly green.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    [The Docks]

Reis grinned, reaching the docks safely. This seemed to be no problem once you got past the stupid door....

That is, until he looked back at the satchel. The Book was easy enough to find, but how many scrolls of songs had he got in there? And not only that. He wasn't allowed to look at the Scrolls he was supposed to burn.

Well, this was a problem.

(OOC:I'll post a follow-up after I've done a bit of driving. Nothing to reply to here.)
    [Docks]

When the pack is opened there are no scrolls inside.

Or a book for that matter.

On heaps of stinky sea weed.

The dark shape in the water begins to grow larger...

[Docks] - Hopefully everyone involved sees this. =x

A new face arrives at the scene. He's a slender man, clean shaven and with dark eyes. He wears a grey pinstripe suit and matching fedora. The man has his tommy gun ready to fire at a moment's notice.

The man's eyes are drawn to the movement in the water first, but they quickly settle on Eig'Quzi and Nadas. Reis goes unnoticed for the moment. "Yous trynta stop dese bastards too?" He demands of them, looking suspicious. His eyes flit to the water again.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Anderson Street]

Karaglen stares at the snake doll for several long moments.
    There's a flicker of memory, through the haze surrounding her newly-spawned self-righteousness.

"Hey there, Kara. Uncle Xeni's got a little present for you."
    She hadn't yet learned how to take her elven form, instead still that of an extremely small silver wyrmling, excitedly prancing around the legs of her adopted uncle.
    "Shiny? Shiny!"

His presents were often little shiny trinkets, which she had always enjoyed playing with. Watching the light glint off of their edges, while she pawed them around the floor, listening to their sounds as they struck and slid across the wood.
    "He's a little shiny, yes. Be gentle now. Show him some love."

Kara had politely set back on her tail, looking up to her uncle rather eagerly, barely restraining her excitement, as he pulled a wondrously colorful, sparkly thing he had called a "snake".
    It didn't have any legs or wings, just one long tail and a silly little tongue sticking out of its face.

He'd placed it in her waiting paws carefully, and she treated it with a degree of reverence. Never had she gotten a toy like this before, delicate and somehow showing a kind of life to it.
    And still it was shiny, something she was familiar with and was easily able to appreciate.

With one little claw, she lightly touched its head, feeling the give of the fabric, and the texture-change of the sequins.
    "Mine?"
    "Yours, little one."

Karaglen lightly strokes the head of the snake with one little finger, quietly mumbling to herself.
    "Mine..."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #143

[The Beach]

At first it was slow.

Oh so very slow.

But then all at once the horrific tentacled crustacean bursts from the sand!

The monster is mammoth in size. Quite literally. As in the size of an elephant. Four great pincers snap at the air as tentacles wave and writhe and drip with thick blue-green mucus. Great cloven feet crunch into the sand as the thing hefts its impossible bulk out of the monster from the brine below.

Sea weed and barnacles and mussels and sponges and coral and all fashion of encrusting sea life clings to the aspect of Basatan's carapace.

And then suddenly swords. And spears. And axes. And other pointy things.

For a moment the giant enemy crab just stands there, tendrils waving at the air. And then there comes a deep base laugh. "Huehuehuehue..."

It raises its claws into the air-

-and then SLAMS them into the earth!

Great spikes of sand explode out of the ground at countless angles before crystallizing into jagged, razor sharp shards of glass. The wave of destruction races toward Cathy in a sheering, rending line.

"You think your shorecery can save you, little one?"

[Waterfall]

The starspawn gets its claws tied! It makes no effort to break free. Instead its face tentacles just wriggle into a shape reminiscent of a scowl. It was hoping the heroes would make a witty quip at it and damn both themselves and everyone they've ever cared for.

But alas, Ace thought fast.

"Hrmph. Your task is simple. Kill me and the way forward is open to you. Seal my Master if you believe you can. Though I doubt you will ever survive to that point."

Its limbs then melt like jelly, sliding out of the bindings before reforming once again into wicked claws.

Two of those standing before it are protected by the Elder Sign.

...one is not.

It points a crooked finger at Ace and aims to lay upon his mind a powerful compulsion. "Slay your companions."

[Streets - Care]

Yeah, well, not everyone can be nice.

The Disciple of the Sign just rolls her eyes, yanking out a long elegant blade with a strange star-like symbol carved along its flat. "Yeah, well Koom lo Rl'yeh, moron. If you aren't going to help them get out of my way."

The pigsquid readies itself to charge!

[At the Feet of K'rax]

Zee gives another sigh as once more her true form reaches into the sea, this time an array of ghostly bio-luminescence flickering into being. As before it begins to count down after a twist of the Far Chimera's limb.

"Here I am... probably one of the most powerful beings in the Nexus right now and... and I just feel so helpless."

Zee's sounding frustrated. Power is nice when you can use it to get your way. When you have to use it to do something you hate? Not so much.

"Now Dagon is awake too. I just hope Harnel, Ace, and Ashley actually manage to seal Cthulhu instead of forcing me to free him..."

Then the metal man approaches. And as he gets close several of the starspawn, whether humanoid or not, will retreat behind Zee and Raril. Divaonar pulls on Raril's sleeve. "I don't like him Father..."

Zee instantly picks up on that feeling. The same power infused into the Eye of Derleth, one of the most practical and potent weapons against she and her kin. "You seek a task and I have one for you. Two in fact. Aspects of Dagon and Basatan have both manifested in the Nexus. They must be destroyed."

Though she doesn't say why this is so important.

Probably because she's not allowed to.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-02 at 01:33 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe. Maybe not. I've always known how I would die, and this certainly fits. But either way, you'll remember it.

RHO AIAS!"

A seven-layered shield springs into existence, and the wave slams against it.

At the same time, Cathy clicks her fingers, and countless swords literally fall towards the aspect from the sky.

They're just ordinary swords. Might still sting a bit, and possibly distract him for her next trick.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderson Street

Wolfy gets to one knee so he can look at her a bit easier, eye level. When he speaks, his voice is full of care and concern. "Yes, yours. Always. No matter what your future holds, it will never judge you, only wanting to be by your side throughout the journey you're taking." He offers her a slight smile. "It'll always be there for you."

While it may sound like he's talking to a child, Karaglen will probably pick up that he's talking of deeper things. That at least no matter what happens, she'll always have something to call her own.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Waterfall]

Oh.

Hell no.

Harnel thinks fast, Shouldering ace in the chest and using his tail to sweep back - effectively creating a tripping maneuver. It appears he's had some experience with mental compulsions in the past, and knows what to do.

[Outside the Temple of Inaris]

Harnel is here, waiting for a contact. Who was this Nadya person?

He has seen fit to take his hammer with him, but not his armor, instead wearing a blue shirt and brown fatigue pants
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-08-02 at 01:35 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #147

[The Nautilus - Outside]

Boris climbs through the window first. It's a smooth and quiet motion. He keeps his back to a wall as he motions for the others to follow, waiting for his eyes to get used to the darkness.

[Waterfall]

Harnel goes to trip Ace before he goes nutso. This leave Ashley against the Starspawn. Not her favorite odds. She curses in her mind, still not about to actually say anything unless it's about the weather.

The sorceress grasps a small ball of iron from her bag of holding. Holding it, she silently casts a spell that makes her skin hard as steel.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-08-02 at 01:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets - Care]

Care is all too glad to comply. Let the fighting of pigsquids be left to the professionals!
    But she loads one of the supposedly 'better' crossbow bolts, just in case. >.>

[The Foot of K'rax]

Divaornar gets the ghost of a sharp look. How an eyeless being can give a sharp look, much less the ghost of one, is beyond me. Another day, Kampilan might have given a lecture on manners, and possibly the proper pronouns to use when referring to a genderless being. Another day. Today, it merely bows.
    "I see. Is there any advice you can give on how to do this, or where they may be found?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Anderson Street]

Karaglen slowly pulls the snake out of the box, letting the case fall to the ground while her other hand moves of to help hold the toy.
    She glances up at Wolfy, then back to the toy.

Suddenly, she appears very much like the child she is, without any of the artificial aging from her rage and mental instability.
    Kara just looks slightly mesmerized, the faintest trace of a long-wounded innocence back in her eyes.
    Perhaps it's only temporary, but it's there.

There are many questions that slide out of the haze, to her mind.
    A flurry of where's, how's, and why's.
    None of these actually make it out.
    "I'm sorry..."
    Said to Wolfy? The snake? Something else?
    Maybe everything.

A brief window of lucidity, the sword and her hatred off-set by a remembrance of something that had been taken from her far too early: her childhood.

[Outside Inari's]

Harnel does not have very long to wait, before a woman in a gray robe moves towards him, appearing from nowhere in particular down the street.

Similar to Nylo, she has a dutiful expression to her face, leaving what could be an average face into a bland face.
    She doesn't really seem to care.
    Just looking ahead, towards Harnel, hands folded before her and empty.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-08-02 at 01:52 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground

[At the Feet of K'Rax]

K'Rax could feel him coming, though he's so weak now that the warden might have bigger things on her mind. Susurrus clatters into view from an alley, a many-armed, multi-eyed metal-organic monstrosity. If K'Rax knows much about the outer gods, those servants of Azathoth and the guardians of Earth's feeble deities against the Old Ones, she'll know Sus. He of Many Tongues, Azathoth's composer. Those drum beats and whining flutes must have a tune to follow.

And here is his soul, trapped in a weak mechanical shell, bound by seals no mortal remembers. Perhaps he is a traitor. Maybe one of the Great Races decided to steal his power. But if anything, he felt a strange calling.

"I can help seal them, if you would permit it." It almost seems like he doesn't know what Zee is. At least not fully. How strange. But at least him and Kampilan should get along.

Nautilus - Breaking and Entering

Cornelia winces as the glass shatters, then looks between the two men. "You gents got a lamp?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-08-02 at 01:56 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters