New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [TWI] Twilight, The Final Frontier: Twipires IN SPACE!!!!

Kirk
    "Of course, Jean Luc; though Spock can say far more than I on the exact details."

Solo and Friends - 1
    Solo is the first to react, "Well, if we take you back, you're dead. So I would suggest you tell us how to treat you. Quickly."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Solo
    “I am made for the desert.” He said simply. “It is my home, and I cannot thrive when taken from it. There are many animals we deal with like that. We terraform a world, and attempt to introduce species who die when they should thrive. Losing their connection to their world, they cannot live.” He sighs. “My life is tied to Akkaris. I can’t adapt.”

Bebop, Outlaw Starr
    You make your warp jump, following the continent sized ship that made it’s way past a few days ago (although you don’t know it), and end up in an asteroid field where there once was a planet.
    As you get your bearings and kill the last of the reavers on your ship, you locate a small, Serenity class fighter on the edge of the wreckage. No way. Yet it has to be. Surely there can only be one man in the universe who still flies one of those pieces of junk.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #273

Han
    "And if we take you back, you're going to get shot by the Harkonnen, who'll then shoot us. So, I suggest you think of another way for us to help you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Solo
    "They will anyway." He says, his voice resigned. "They are despots, and despot's power comes from the fear. They'll hunt you down and shoot you. You'll have to fight at some point." He lets out a ragged breath. "And where better to hide then the vast, trackless emptiness of the desert?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #275

Solo and Friends
    Lev interrupts, "The problem, friend, is that a desert will probably kill us to. And one man is already down on what was supposed to be a simple trade. One I was under the impression had been worked out in advance."

Jack looks at Magnoda's body, "You never get used to men going down. But that doesn't mean we drop our desert boy off to die. I say we go back."

Solo shakes his head, "We're safe. Mostly. Face isn't enough, not in a galaxy like this. Besides, you two have connections. Lev's safe in his territory, and Jack has, or atleast claims to, a 'friend' who had dealt with worse. I hope you have better than 'We should.' Maybe some more spice?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Solo
    "Faces are nothing. But this ship..." He says, and shakes his head. "It is rather distinctive." Liet-Keyes points out.
    "As for the spice... Well, we do need those satellites, and I do know how to bring the Sandworms to the surface. Take me home, and I shall teach you how to harvest your own."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #277

Solo
    "Excuse me? Are you suffering from space madness, if you think-" Solo is cut off by Jack,

"We'll go back."

"Excuse me, Harkness? Is this your ship; The Falcon-"

"IS too distinct. She's a fine ride, no doubt, but everything you've done to keep her flying? I could pick her our of a fleet with 20th century radar."

"...Point. Besides, where better to hide from my debtors than in the middle of a Harkonnen warzone? It's probably the only thing scarier."
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-11-08 at 09:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Team Han
    You return to the planet. Liet-Keyes draws himself up and limps over to the cock-pit. "Bring us over to the mountains." He says. "Then land. You are resting on Dune, where moisture is more valuable then life. If we are to survive, you must forget all else." He sighs. "Or the desert will swallow you."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-11-08 at 09:52 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #279

Solo
    "Jack's immortal, actually." Lev says, chuckling a little. "And Han's too stubborn to die. Still, I get your point."

"And I want off this dust bowel as soon as possible." Han adds.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doomguy
    John Stalvern takes the time he has till before the launch to suit up in his combat armor, helmet, combat boots that aid in running, and filling up his ammo counter. He carries with him now a shotgun, pistol, plasma rifle, and rocket launcher (god knows why they let him keep it), whilst he leaves the other cool stuff in his bulging weapon's locker. After this he orders his fellow marines to suit up and be ready for anything, and by anything, I mean demons. Their laughter goes unnoticed and uncared for by John. He then heads up to the bridge to provide security for the commanding officers.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Han Solo
    ‘The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of men.'
    So thinks Zed, the Zardoz, as he watches your ship land, and you all step out of it. He’s dressed in a thigh-high leather boots, a Speedo and a pair of cross belts over his chest, and nothing else, showing off his athletic build and plethora of body-hair. You have to be beyond manly to wear that with a completely straight face (and sexuality). He has a long braid of hair, a Tom Selleck moustache, a unique sounding accent, vaguely Scottish, and a certain horrifying charisma. And he’s here to kill you. Because that’s what he does. He’s a killer, you see. And he’ll kill you, and then you’ll be dead.

Liet-keyes is setting up moisture farming equipment in the camp that’s sprung up around the ship, and mapping the place. The sandworms don’t come here, fortunately, however there is a saarlack about a mile away that you’ve been cautioned to avoid at all costs. Chewie is staying inside the ship, given his fur makes it so hot he loses moisture at a terrible rate. It’s a shame, of everyone amongst you he’s the best equipped to survive, given that Kaashyyk is widely considered to be one of the toughest worlds to survive on.
    As he's drilling, Zed stalks down, lifting his gun and preparing to use it.

John Stalvern, Flash Gordan
    The ION ENGINE at the aft of the ship begins to glow a deep red. The crew hang inert in the gravity couches. The engine flares white hot. Then all of a sudden the Event Horizon lances forward, launching for the first time, sliding smoothly out of the atmosphere and into the space beyond, with none of the expected rocking and shuddering from friction in a more conventional space ship. In a moment, you’re in the space outside, watching the world. Then the drive is activated, and suddenly, the ship SHUDDERS VIOLENTLY. For a moment, everything wavers, like a hologram losing it’s consistency, and you catch a susurrus of murmurs, like a million metal voices whispering obscenities beneath an overwhelming wall of STATIC and NOISE emitting from the speakers, then the world reformed into something terrible.
    You’re standing in a convex, rotting cave full of swoops and mad tilts, all of which seems to blend together in a way that is rather non-Euclidean. A black labyrinthine blasphemy. Your scanner says that the temperature is simultaneously 320°F and -320°C, and the gravity has switched off, leaving you drifting in the air. A body is floating behind, the face illuminated by your helmet lights. His swollen tongue clogs his gaping, screaming mouth. His cracked and crystallized skin is crossed by a network of bloated veins. And he has no eyes.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Serenity
    "Well, this is a fine situation." Mal said.

"Really captain?" Jayne said, eyebrows going up in clear confusion. "Because to me it looks a lot more like wángbā qù chī dà biàn." Jayne had a deceptively good head for profanity and violence, if not much else.

"That's what he said." Zoe says, before staring back at Mal. "So what do we do now?"

"We go back where we came from." Everyone moves around, tossing each other glances, but Mal is like a statue. "We're not being paid, and whatever it is happens to still be out there. What are we supposed to do?"

"Seems wrong to do nothing, captain."

"And what exactly are we supposed to do against something that can blow up a plannet? Because I'm all ears."

Nobody said a word. Mal turned, only for the alarms to go off as two ships suddenly appeared on the scanners, having just returned to real space. Two ships he recognizes.

"Hail them." he says to Wash, then stops. "Simon, get out of sight. Then hail them."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doomguy
    The first thing that come out of John's mouth is not a scream of horror, probably unlike most of his comrades, but instead shouted, "Boo-Ya, I ****ing called it! I knew that there'd be demons! You hear that demons? I expected you this time! Now crawl out of whatever holes you are all hiding in and bring it! Because I'm going to shoot you, in the face, with a shotgun. Or inflict some other bodily harm on you. Yeah!"
    Whilst shouting his mighty challenge, he's going to try and get a good look at the corpse and see if it was anybody he knew.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys sorry about the long absence, I have joined like 4 other RP's and I had to juggle them all, but I'm back on schedule now. It probably didn't help that my laptop's charger stopped working so now I have to use the home computer.

Junior

Junior lowers his hands as he says, "Mabye, but i would like to know what got you guys all riled up first. I mean, this is some party your throwing here. What happened?"

Ratchet

Seeing the mech go down he jumps up into the air to let out a victorious, "WHOOP!" Clank quickly says"Ratchet I believe there may be more enemies around. Please try to not get us killed by them." "Aw don't worry so much Clank, now that we know how to get through there armor we are golden." With that Ratchet looks around to check for any more enemies.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Commander Anubis Cruger
    Your view-screen flickers on, revealing the heavy, blunt features of Captain Tybo, the stocky, two meter high humanoid with features like a rhino. He’s a Judoon, but you don’t hold that against him.
    “Bro mo to bak no.” It says, it’s deep bass voice making the poor speakers struggle a little. Which was the only phrase in Judoon you know. ‘Orders from Earth’. Then your universal translator implants (The ‘Babel fish’ circuit) kicks in, and all of a sudden he is speaking in clear English.
    “The Northern Arm of the Federation is under attack by an unknown force. You are to join Kirk and investigate. Picard is to return to Starfleet Command for further instructions.” It says, repeating what it’s been told. The Judoons made great rank and file soldiers, but not very good thinkers or improvisers.

Junior
    The priest finally deigns to look at you. "We toss aside the shackles that tied us to the endless circle of perpetual violence that could only beget suffering, and free ourselves to become one with our fellows in the way of peace."
    "The Way of peace" The others murmur in dreamy synchronicity. It’s downright creepy, like their individuality has been reduced, smothered by something layered over the top you can only begin to sense. Some sort of mass hypnosis or something…

John Stalvern
    Just one of the technicians. You can tell by the red shirt, instead of Sardaukar regimental black. Just as well. No Starship Trooper would let himself die so easily.
    It’s as you think that that you realize he’s still alive, just brain-dead. Something shut his mind down, though you have no idea what it was or how it did that without you noticing. There is silence around you, but a heavy, pregnant silence, the sort of silence that is waiting for you to make the next move. The sliding doors ahead are closed, they are the only way to the bridge to search for either survivors, or unspeakable beings to kill.

Picard, Kirk
    The two of you talk, and exchange information about the situation you’ve both been dragged into by cryptic hints of those in a position to know more about what is going on then you. Between Q and Ace Rimmer (Picard finds himself mumbling ‘what a guy’ at the mere mention of his name, just like everyone else), you have some information. Some Lifeforms, using technology far beyond anything you’ve ever encountered, ripped a hole in reality to come here, then went to the Western arm of Federation space, at the Rim. Around the same time, there are reports of massive disturbances, an entire planet having suddenly vanished, and the old troubles flaring up again. Revolution, once more.
    It seems the height of foolishness to assume the events are unconnected.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-11-14 at 05:10 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Shevek

[Finally, an opening for Shevek to talk. Also, Judoon!!!!]

Shevek waits for a lull in the conversation, then interjects:

"I would ask three questions. Firstly, these strange Lifeforms displaying unprecedented forms of Superluminal Technology...are they truly a new faction appearing within known space, or have previously cultures or individuals displayed such technological prowess. Secondly, is there any sensory data of the rift opening that I can analyze?"

He lets the red soil in his hands sift through his fingers. "Thirdly: If sentients are rising up in a revolutionary spirit and for better worlds, can you not simply talk with them and agree to their demands?"

17. - Top - End - #287

Solo
    "Drop the gun buddy." Solo has his blaster pointed at Zed, his eyes narrowed. Solo was by no means a hunter of any sort, but he spent alot of time on desert worlds, alot of time looking over his shoulders, and far more time than was healthy firing a gun at people. All of this had put him on alert and made his the optimal choice for guard.

Kirk
    "What do you think Picard? I have a theory or two myself; the Kelvin, perhaps? One of the participants of the Temporal Cold War mentioned in Captain Archer's reports, perhaps?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo
    Zed turns, too slow, and starts to aim. Han shot first. Zed staggers back, a quarter sized hole through his chest an inch above his heart. The man's a bounty hunter, but you don't think he was looking for you in particular. Rather, he’s one of the men hired to kill any Fremen heading into this part of the desert and harvesting the spice. They go missing all the time, you have to be really mad to hunt Fremen on their home ground by yourself. Just the same, you bury him in the sand-dune for the desert to swallow up and make your way back to camp, after tracking him back to his ship. A big, stone, floating face. Nothing of value inside, or indeed any visible means of propulsion, but that's a mystery you can't bring yourself to care about.

You return to the falcon, resting at the foothills on the edge of the mountains and the desert. Jack Harkness is telling Liet-Keyes how he's been in a situation like this before, where he was captured and due to be executed. He asked for a case of brandy as his last request, got drunk out of his mind, and woke up nursing a hang-over and in bed with both his of executioners and the accuser.
    Liet-Keyes points out that something like that happening here is fairly unlikely given the Hadokens tastes, and resumes priming the pumps that are distilling moisture from the air, a necesity to survive, particularly with only one still-suit between you all. In an hour the pump has produced about a cup-full of clear water, so even with the efficient facilities aboard the falcon you’ll have to cut down your intake. Then again, with a dozen more set up you might be alright, at least enough not to worry about dehydration.
    Liet-Keyes finally stops tinkering, and stretches. "Well. follow me. The dessert will swallow us up, and I shall show you the wonders of Akkaris, and my promise to you."

Mallow
    You step into a breathtakingly expansive spaceport. The white floor stretches out into the distance in every direction, and you have to crane your head back quite a bit to get a good look at the ceiling, which is so far away that various patches of weather are getting in the way of his view of it. Holographic signs hovering some twenty feet from the floor are indicating the arrival and departure times of spacecraft; one of the holographic signs is being rained on, and keeps flickering sullenly. You can see a few food kiosks in the distance; closer to are a number of faintly glowing squares into which people (mostly very alien, non-humanoid people) are appearing and disappearing, closely monitored by what looks like a giant purple centipede.
    Somewhere within is your contact.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-11-15 at 01:33 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doomguy
    He decides firstly to put the poor redshirt out of his misery, and prevent him from being a very good zombie to raise, this task being acomplished via a shotgun blast to the face. He also hopes that the shotgun firing will get him going in the zero-g enviornment and propel himself towards the doors so he can open them and get the hell out of this room.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Outlaw Starr
    Gene leans his head back and lets out a relieved sigh; "Made it. Good work, everyone. Jim, let Aisha in." Jim works frantically at the ship's controls. Aisha stumbles through an airlock before collapsing, unconscious; the energy needed to power a Ctarl-Ctarl's rage is gigantic, and unless Melfina can rouse her with enough food, Aisha will be unconscious for the next two days. Jim patches through Mal's signal to Gene. With a hearty laugh, the outlaw hails, "Mal, you crazy sumbitch! What, you running from Reavers too? Of course I wasn't running so much as dragging these sorry carcasses. So, where are we?"

Legato
    Bluesummers scowls. It was evident that he would have to handle this matter with more a personal touch. Raising his left hand, Legato concentrates, forming a psychic grip around the oncoming ship. Like a child with a toy, he pulls the craft toward his location. If the ship had come for him, then there was no point in hiding. Or at least no desire to. If the ship hadn't come for him, well... that's somebody else's problem, isn't it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft