New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Yeah, Pokemon games...EV and IV values... Yeah, I have no idea what you people are talking about.
    P.S. Whats a "Blissey"?
    P.P.S. Whats Fighting Foodons? I'm serious this time.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-14 at 01:43 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Fighting Foodons is obscure?
    Yes, by like a billion. I have known of NO ONE ELSE who knew about it.

Hey, have you heard of Mon Colle Knights? If you have I might fall in love with you because holy crap.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Regice used to be far better, before Platinum gave Heat Wave to almost every birdlike mon, even though it makes no sense to do so.
    I guess it is related to them being able to flap really quickly and move around the heat in the air and...

Nintendo just hates Ice-types...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Eviolite. Increases the stats of a Pokemon that hasn't reached its final evolution. It pushes Chansey's stats above its evolution, Blissey.
    That sounds rather interesting if not outright great in terms of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Yeah, Pokemon games...EV and IV values... Yeah, I have no idea what you people are talking about.
    P.S. Whats a "Blissey"?
    A Blissey is a wall painted pink with Humpty Dumpty on top.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-14 at 01:46 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes, by like a billion. I have known of NO ONE ELSE who knew about it.
    Hurm. It was all over Saturday morning.

Hey, have you heard of Mon Colle Knights? If you have I might fall in love with you because holy crap.
    Don't wake up the shippers, now.

Nah, I haven't heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    That's why every water Pokemon ever can learn half the Ice type moves ever. And why there is yet to be a Ice-Fire type. (I hope at least, don't know any Pokemon after Hoenn)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Banned

I guess it is related to them being able to flap really quickly and move around the heat in the air and...

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    P.S. Whats a "Blissey"?
    Fighting Foodons is...well, it's an anime. Originaly called Bistro Chief, it has a ****ty looking opening sequence with an awesome as hell metal opening. The english version has the exact oppisite (though the english opening is quite the narm charm).

Essentialy, it's about chiefs that cook great food, then bring it to life in the form of monsters and fight each other.

Hurm. It was all over Saturday morning.

Don't wake up the shippers, now.

Nah, I haven't heard of it.
    Then we could never love eachother, obviously.

Don't worry, I won't cause us that pain.

And yes, it was allll over Saturday morning. I still know no one else who's actually heard of it though, other then you.

Oh god, this means you also know Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nessei.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Fighting Foodons is...well, it's an anime. Originaly called Bistro Chief, it has a ****ty looking opening sequence with an awesome as hell metal opening. The english version has the exact oppisite (though the english opening is quite the narm charm).

Essentialy, it's about chiefs that cook great food, then bring it to life in the form of monsters and fight each other.
    I remember this somehow, crazy anime my cousin used to make me watch, never really picked up the name though.

As for Mon Colle Knights I've seen it, not all that obscure, at least not on my anime circle, it was one of the first ones proposed when doing the annual listing, I don't really liked it though, had to watch it nevertheless since anime club is kinda like book club.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

9. - Top - End - #999

I remember this somehow, crazy anime my cousin used to make me watch, never really picked up the name though.

As for Mon Colle Knights I've seen it, not all that obscure, at least not on my anime circle, it was one of the first ones proposed when doing the annual listing, I don't really liked it though, had to watch it nevertheless since anime club is kinda like book club.
    A shame. I loved Mon Colle Knights. Might be because I watched the english dub and it was exemplory.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

A shame. I loved Mon Colle Knights. Might be because I watched the english dub and it was exemplory.
    I watched it in japanese with subtitles and the 12 episodes with the club, composed of me, two cousins and a friend of them, the series was absolutely shredded to pieces in the first few minutes, afterwards I couldn't watch it without remembering the complaints we had of the first few episodes and the budget.

Also, the dub was something akin to a completely different premise if not wholeness of story.

Also, it seemed kinda similar to Flint the Time Detective, an anime from my childhood, so the feeling of already having seen something similar, at least in premise, from my childhood was strongly off putting.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-14 at 02:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1001

I watched it in japanese with subtitles and the 12 episodes with the club, composed of me, two cousins and a friend of them, the series was absolutely shredded to pieces in the first few minutes, afterwards I couldn't watch it without remembering the complaints we had of the first few episodes and the budget.

Also, the dub was something akin to a completely different premise if not wholeness of story.

Also, it seemed kinda similar to Flint the Time Detective, an anime from my childhood, so the feeling of already having seen something similar, at least in premise, from my childhood was strongly off putting.
    It, Sailor Moon, and Cyber Six are the first anime things I've ever really watched. So cut me some slack here

And yes, I'm aware Cyber Six is not anime, but really what are the chances any of you would be able to correct me.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Me too, I've been wanting to dye it blue but I can't find ANY dye anywhere that is even remotely close to what I want. Most of it is party dye too.

I corner him in an alleyway, Absolmorph will know what I'm talking about.
    Oh, you

CABBAGE HEAAAAAD!

"You're just saying that because I have a CABBAGE FOR A HEAAAAD"

Cookies for anyone who gets the reference.
    MY CABBAGEEEEEEEES!
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

It, Sailor Moon, and Cyber Six are the first anime things I've ever really watched. So cut me some slack here

And yes, I'm aware Cyber Six is not anime, but really what are the chances any of you would be able to correct me.
    Cyber Six (if we are talking about the same Cybersix) is in fact an anime, it was animated by a japanese company which means it is a piece of animation done in Japan. I read the manga (actually a comic book) version of it and I believe I still have it somewhere.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Cyber Six (if we are talking about the same Cybersix) is in fact an anime, it was animated by a japanese company which means it is a piece of animation done in Japan. I read the manga (actually a comic book) version of it and I believe I still have it somewhere.
    Well, yes, but the origin of the story is from an Argintian comic book, so I don't really consider it REAL anime. It's kinda like Avatar in that it's on the standards of anime, but it isn't really anime.

Also, gonna link a video to the opening song, which is skin oozingly amazing, and hope within my heart of hearts someone has the extended verison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z22seoMxgpI

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So, Deltora Quest isn't anime, purely because an Aussie wrote the book it's based upon?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #1006

So, Deltora Quest isn't anime, purely because an Aussie wrote the book it's based upon?
    I've never heard of that series, so I wouldn't know. Personaly, it's an art style thing. Cybersix is anime inspired, but the way the art is done is up to the standard of anime, but certainly not in an anime style. Look at how they do hair, for instance.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

My hatred for the stupid non-usability of CSN burns hotter than molten iron. It's stupid. Who's even designing their website? That person would really need a course in usability.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

It's better than it sounds, guys. It's funny.

Oh god, this means you also know Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nessei.
    Sure do. I even have the video game laying around somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Firbolg in the Playground

Welp, my hair isn't blue. But I am going to a medieval fair today and have totally awesome plans like

1. Follow friend around and do whatever he want to do.

2. I dunno.

CABBAGE HEAAAAAD!

"You're just saying that because I have a CABBAGE FOR A HEAAAAD"

Cookies for anyone who gets the reference.
    That sounds really familiar, but I have no idea what it is. Dangit.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    My hatred for the stupid non-usability of CSN burns hotter than molten iron. It's stupid. Who's even designing their website? That person would really need a course in usability.
    No idea what CSN is, but my concern goes to you Teddy *hugs*

It's better than it sounds, guys. It's funny.

Sure do. I even have the video game laying around somewhere.
    So do I. Kinnikuman Nessei, Legends vs New Generation! Such an awesome game.

I only wish I could find the manga. And that the original Kinnikuman was a complete run were I found it. It's just getting into Team Kinnikuman vs Team Super Pheonix, hgruahhgharg so close to the endiiiiing.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Firbolg in the Playground

groans. my trip has just been canceled because my friend is sick again. poor friend. hope he gets better soon.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-14 at 11:29 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I've never heard of that series, so I wouldn't know. Personaly, it's an art style thing. Cybersix is anime inspired, but the way the art is done is up to the standard of anime, but certainly not in an anime style. Look at how they do hair, for instance.
    The Deltora Quest anime is based upon the books by the famous Australian author, Emily Rodda (a nom de plume for Jennifer Rowe). It uses two art styles, the more traditional animation and CGI for the boss fights.

Can't find a good sample of the CGI, but the majority is in the style below:

Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

No idea what CSN is, but my concern goes to you Teddy *hugs*
    "Centrala StudieNämnden", also known as those who give students free (and not-so-free) money, and those who I complained about a few days ago too with a huge rant. After writing half another rant, I desided that it was stupid and erased all of it.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1014

The Deltora Quest anime is based upon the books by the famous Australian author, Emily Rodda (a nom de plume for Jennifer Rowe). It uses two art styles, the more traditional animation and CGI for the boss fights.

Can't find a good sample of the CGI, but the majority is in the style below:

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. Yha, that art style is very anime.

Looks really cool though.

"Centrala StudieNämnden", also known as those who give students free (and not-so-free) money, and those who I complained about a few days ago too with a huge rant. After writing half another rant, I desided that it was stupid and erased all of it.
    Ohhh. I'm sorry Teddy. I hope every works out

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know about that site, but my school's website has one major problem: all the links open in a new tab. Getting to my grades opens up a good four tabs

I(sort of)RN: We're trying to print off my sister's school supply list, and the last page won't print. There's paper in the printer, and plenty of ink, but it won't print. It says "document pending" and if I try to cancel or restart the printing, it just returns "error processing command". I also can't turn it off for some reason. Any ideas on what to do?

EDIT: This is on an HP Deskjet 3845 model printer.

EDIT2: Never mind. It seems all we had to do was reboot the computer. Although the last page did print twice for some reason.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2011-08-14 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Ohhh. I'm sorry Teddy. I hope every works out
    Sorry? Why would you have to be sorry? You're not the designer of that page, are you?

And, yes, it has already worked out fine (in the sense that I got my application out of the printer). I'm just annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    I don't know about that site, but my school's website has one major problem: all the links open in a new tab. Getting to my grades opens up a good four tabs
    That's increadibly annoying. My schoolweb last year did something like that, which also meant that going backwards was nigh impossible in some cases.

Thankfully, I've never had this problem, but both my brothers have problems with their browsers closing the old window when a new one opens. That includes pop-up windows. Some sites are made invisitable because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    I(sort of)RN: We're trying to print off my sister's school supply list, and the last page won't print. There's paper in the printer, and plenty of ink, but it won't print. It says "document pending" and if I try to cancel or restart the printing, it just returns "error processing command". I also can't turn it off for some reason. Any ideas on what to do?

EDIT: This is on an HP Deskjet 3845 model printer.
    Cheat. Take a screenshot, paste it into a word document, crop it and print.

EDIT:
    Seems as if you got it working anyway.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-08-14 at 12:06 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Cheat. Take a screenshot, paste it into a word document, crop it and print.

EDIT:
    Seems as if you got it working anyway.
    We tried that. (Well actually we just copied and pasted the list, not taking a whole screenshot.) It didn't work. The printer was just frozen for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Sorry? Why would you have to be sorry? You're not the designer of that page, are you?

And, yes, it has already worked out fine (in the sense that I got my application out of the printer). I'm just annoyed.
    I said sorry in the "oh man I feel sorry for you" kinda why. Sorry if I screwed up my word talking

I tend to say sorry to much, so don't worry about it.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

I said sorry in the "oh man I feel sorry for you" kinda why. Sorry if I screwed up my word talking

I tend to say sorry to much, so don't worry about it.
    I'm not worrying. I'm just messing with you, but I forgot to write :smallsuspicious: at the end of that sentence, followed by a .

Show

30. - Top - End - #1020

Ahhh.

Anyway, since everyone likes talking about the wheater it seems I shall mention that today the sky is white.