New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Wooooo, I am in the Netherlands! And I am posting from D-D's house!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #1082

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I have many names.
    There are some who call me... Teodor.
    Aw, damn, I never even thought of that. Cookie for you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not that good at backstories. That's why I tricked the DM into writing mine I thought it would really help the "amnesia" aspect of my character if I as the player didn't know my backstory either.
    I think I've got the back story bit okay, but writing it up is dreadful. All words.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1083

You think I may be able to help with the backstory, Luna?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I think I've got the back story bit okay, but writing it up is dreadful. All words.
    I find music can help with that.

Go, Mooncat, and pierce the heavens!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wooooo, I am in the Netherlands! And I am posting from D-D's house!
    Ooo. Have fun & stay relatively safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't find hilarious!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-08-15 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #1085

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I find music can help with that.

Go, Mooncat, and pierce the heavens!
    Hooray or references to things I'm a massive fangirl for~ ROW ROW, FIGHT DAH POWAH!

6. - Top - End - #1086

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    You think I may be able to help with the backstory, Luna?
    No thanks, this is my story, I'd like to do it myself. I'm mainly griping about regular stuff because I'm sleepy and pissed because my dad is being stupid about dropcloths and stupid stuff in my room like my bed. And I slept terribly because we had to move my bed to the center, and I kept falling off one side.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087

BlackDragon

I built my home underground. From there, I started a mine. My shaft is a square 3 blocks to a side.
    I went down at least 20 blocks already. I have stairs.
    I suspect I'll hit the bottom of the map in 2-3 days (assuming I don't play much).
    3x3 square, say 70 blocks deep = 630 blocks. 2-3 days to carve that out is pretty darned slow work.

Dragonprime, guessing you've given up on visiting the UK now thanks to the riots last week?

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    3x3 square, say 70 blocks deep = 630 blocks. 2-3 days to carve that out is pretty darned slow work.

Dragonprime, guessing you've given up on visiting the UK now thanks to the riots last week?
    Well, I played for an hour and was doing other stuff for most of it (getting a tour of my neighbors house, finding a place for a home, avoiding the monsters when I had to wait out the night, etc.).
    So, if I keep up the current pace and length of play, 2-3 days. If I sit down later and play Minecraft instead of going on Pottermore (I got in this morning! My wand is apparently sycamore with a unicorn core, ten and three quarters inches, unyielding, and I was sorted into Ravenclaw).

In related news, so far I know of no other friends who got their Pottermore welcome email.
    THEY CALLED ME A SQUIB.
    WELL, WHO'S THE SQUIB NOW, WITCHES‽ WHO'S THE SQUIB NOW‽
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

What is Pottermore even about?
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to guess it's about Harry Potter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just got back from Bloodstock Open Air. I'm so tired I feel physically sick. I didn't even know that was possible!
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

12. - Top - End - #1092

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Basically, it's a bunch more extra stuff, and also the e-books. Because apparently it's extra speshul cause she refused to release the e-books until now cause her books are speshuler than the rest of the industry.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh dear, psionic orcs. Though to be fair, there is some precedence for it. ORKAMORKA! WAAAAAAAGH!
    IT IS GORKAMORKA! YOU FORGOT G! GORK IS VERY DISSAPOINTED! WAAAAAAAAGH!

I've got a campaign setting in mind, but because I've got a bad habit of never writing stuff down, things advances slowly. Most races are going to be pretty ordinary, but one of my favourite ideas (actually the one idea who got me to start thinking about a setting to start with) is noble, seafaring dwarves who escaped with airships to the elemental plane of Air (which is better called the Air of the elemental plane) when their remote, stormtossed island mysteriously sank. Now they inhabit the clouds of an eternal thunderstorm, farming cottongrass, mining for the peculiar rainstone (an ore I just came up with the name for) and cruise between their strongholds in giant battleships, propelled by the power of electricity (they're living in a thunderstorm. Fire is a luxury, but electricity is cheap).

I'm currently working on how to handle dead souls and the afterlife, because I'm not a fan of infinite planes and an infinite amount of souls, but I don't want to go down the road of reincarnation either...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Basically, it's a bunch more extra stuff, and also the e-books. Because apparently it's extra speshul cause she refused to release the e-books until now cause her books are speshuler than the rest of the industry.
    That actually sounds pretty lame. And this is coming from a Harry Potter fan. But to each his own.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

And it appears that I'm DM yet again after a brief period of being a player. Mainly due to the teacher that was DMing not being able to handle the works of DM apart from his activities as Coordinator of his Area and Homeroom and also there not being other willing DM in the group.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #1096

A letter to that damn paint pot.

Dear Paint Pot,

I am sure that life must be difficult for you, so often ignored after being used once to pour paint into the much more easily usable paint tray, and that the prospect of spending the rest of your life sitting in the same room as the kitty litter gathering dust after one short day of excitement is not the finest of visions, but I'm sure there are other ways to grab my attention rather than moving under my right foot as I take a step forward. Did you really want me, your benefactor, to stick her foot in you, and then trip and land headfirst on the ground? To waste one third of your own paint by spilling it in a large puddle near my sprawled form? You would be nearly empty now if I had not, in a panic, scooped up your paint with my bare hands and managed to make you half full again. Please consider this, and when you are spending years gathering dust with the other pots, note their behavior, and reflect on how much better than you they are.

MoonCat
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-15 at 04:25 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097

My understand is it's the Elitest Hipster Harry Potter website. Google+ for Wizards.

EDIT: My bad Teddy, I'm not actually big on all the inormation about Warhammer 40k XP
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-15 at 04:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098

A letter to that damn paint pot.

Dear Paint Pot,

I am sure that life must be difficult for you, so often ignored after being used once to pour paint into the much more easily usable paint tray, and that the prospect of spending the rest of your life sitting in the same room as the kitty litter gathering dust after one short day of excitement is not the finest of visions, but I'm sure there are other ways to grab my attention rather than moving under my right foot as I take a step forward. Did you really want me, your benefactor, to stick her foot in you, and then trip and land headfirst on the ground? To waste one third of your own paint by spilling it in a large puddle near my sprawled form? You would be nearly empty now if I had not, in a panic, scooped up your paint with my bare hands and managed to make you half full again. Please consider this, and when you are spending years gathering dust with the other pots, note their behavior, and reflect on how much better than you they are.

MoonCat
    Grah. Today's not your day, is it? *hug*

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

A letter to that ****ing paint pot.

Dear Paint Pot,

MoonCat
    Dear "Benefactor"

I spent my very dear childhood along with many other cans of paint in a magical wonderland that happened to be both, my home and later on my workplace. In this wonderland I lived for 30 years, both as a respectable member of the paint community as well as a honorary member of the hardware store urban renewal committee. I had both a family and friends, with whom along our community we lived in peace with. This all however was broken an afternoon when I was kidnapped from my rightful place in society and taken far away. Not only did this abuse happen right in-front of the man I once called "Abba" but it was done on the premise of me being lobotomised to be used for painting a no doubt gruesome scene in a far away land. The only reason I'm able to write as of now is the fact that there is still enough blue matter for me to do so, despite you violently crashing my insides by what I believe was an intent of euthanasia which failed miserably. As an addendum I'd like to point out that I in no way knew of my future which you've made clear as of your last letter, and that shall you fancy me as annoying as you've represented my being in your last missive you could as well return me to my society and family in hopes that they too haven't suffered the same fate I've had to endure.

Paint Pot.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Those paint pots don't know how good they've got it in the corner. Maybe some time in the cellar chambers will set them straight again, huff.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

That poor paint pot Mooncat.

ION: Certified lifeguard
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Hooray!

ION: I...when I swallow I feel this hardness in the back of my throat. Anyone know what it is?

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Yay! Have fun saving lives being board!
    ION: I...when I swallow I feel this hardness in the back of my throat. Anyone know what it is?
    You're becoming a mutant. Embrace it, and prosper. Probably just a lump, get dehydrated and it'll go away. xD
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-15 at 05:19 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

A lump. You've probably just been drinking too much milk.

25. - Top - End - #1105

A lump. You've probably just been drinking too much milk.
    That's a possibility, though I think it may also just be a sore throat.

If it is a lump, how do I get rid of it?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-15 at 05:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a possibility, though I think it may also just be a sore throat.

If it is a lump, how do I get rid of it?
    It'll go away on its own. Or you could eat something that slides down easy. I'm not even sure if a lump is actually a lump, it's just what we used to call it.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-15 at 05:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Ahhh. Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks guys!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

You might wanna get checked out if it doesn't go away, though.

Eon, congratulations. The pools close down here in a week.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

You might wanna get checked out if it doesn't go away, though.

Eon, congratulations. The pools close down here in a week.
    Good advice there.

Ya, I was hoping to start applying, but unfortunately they require me to be older. So I have to wait a month or two for me to advance another level year.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3