New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Gonna be honest. Although I don't understand what, exactly, those last two parts meant, I am certain that this is awesome.

Again, to bad rides don't sit well with me.
    A picture of the whole rollercoaster and a close-up on one of the wagons:
    Spoiler
    Show

Now, how to describe things?

Basically, you can imagine the seats as a swinging (rigid) pendulum, and you move your finger in the way, stopping it's swing. Now, if the pendulum has already stopped pointing upside down (unlikely but possible), your finger in the way won't do much. The same applied to them.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Question is, where on the internet can we discuss philosophy while playing checkers?
    I don't know about checkers, but discussing philosophy can be done on Skype. How 'bout it, guys?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically, you can imagine the seats as a swinging (rigid) pendulum, and you move your finger in the way, stopping it's swing. Now, if the pendulum has already stopped pointing upside down (unlikely but possible), your finger in the way won't do much. The same applied to them.
    I don't get your explanations of physics, but it looks awesome! So the seats kind of swing at the same time the car/cart/main ride part moves at an insane speed?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-17 at 03:11 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I don't know about checkers, but discussing philosophy can be done on Skype. How 'bout it, guys?
    I'd have to put Skype on my new computer, but I'm game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I don't get your explanations of physics, but it looks awesome! So the seats kind of swing at the same time the car/cart/main ride part moves at an insane speed?
    Actually, the speed isn't especially insane. A top speed of 60 km/h is rather low compared to many other rollercoasters. The whole thing about the ride is that the chairs-quadrouples spin around the axis they're fastened to the wagon with, and in a rather unpredictable way at that. You're just as likely to go down one of the falls looking downward as you are facing straight up in the air. And 3,5 G is quite awesome when you have no idea of where you'll feel pulled.

Also, my pendulum analogy is quite broken, and was only there to describe its behaviour.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-08-17 at 03:23 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1356

Sounds most excellent. Didn't you also once suggest a separate theological discussion area for Playgrouners? That would be cool, if we could get a giant free for all going.

Achievement unlocked: Getting sigged
    Can this achievement stack? Because if so then this is actually the third time I've gotten it.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2011-08-17 at 03:27 PM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, the speed isn't especially insane. A top speed of 60 km/h is rather low compared to many other rollercoasters. The whole thing about the ride is that the chairs-quadrouples spin around the axis they're fastened to the wagon with, and in a rather unpredictable way at that. You're just as likely to go down one of the falls looking downward as you are facing straight up in the air. And 3,5 G is quite awesome when you have no idea of where you'll feel pulled.

Also, my pendulum analogy is quite broken, and was only there to describe its behaviour.
    Well, when your 50 meters/really high in the sky everything seems really fast. Except the warming up and slowing down back into the loading dock. Those are annoying slow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

8. - Top - End - #1358

Sounds most excellent. Didn't you also once suggest a separate theological discussion area for Playgrouners? That would be cool, if we could get a giant free for all going.

Can this achievement stack? Because if so then this is actually the third time I've gotten it.
    Philosophy, theology, checkers. All excellent things. Anyway, we should get things going now. If Skype works, anyone who wants to join can add me (my username is theazuresoul). Otherwise, we can discuss other options via PM.

I've been sigged a few times. It's a rather nice achievement, but I prefer all the compliments I get.

Love wins. S'agapo.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Philosophy, theology, checkers. All excellent things. Anyway, we should get things going now. If Skype works, anyone who wants to join can add me (my username is theazuresoul). Otherwise, we can discuss other options via PM.

I've been sigged a few times. It's a rather nice achievement, but I prefer all the compliments I get.
    Your awesome. Your a blue epic awesomite. You be l33t.
    I sigged you too!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-17 at 03:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

10. - Top - End - #1360

Expect a certain Biedrik to find you soon on Skype.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dear lord I threw up in my mouth just seeing that X___X

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That thing looks fun as hell. It also looks like I wouldn't be able to walk in a straight line for the next few hours after riding it.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'll be going to church soon, and working at my grandmother's until around 5 o'clock tomorrow, so I won't be able to join in the fun for a while. But I should be good for tomorrow evening. Stay groovy, party people.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Well, I'll be going to church soon, and working at my grandmother's until around 5 o'clock tomorrow, so I won't be able to join in the fun for a while. But I should be good for tomorrow evening. Stay groovy, party people.
    Yes, do come. Right now we're having fun with Kantian ethics.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

Question is, where on the internet can we discuss philosophy while playing checkers?
    The Playground and an online checkers site.
    I'd join but I have a severe lack of an actual microphone that does not require at least 5 tonnes of consoles to work properly. I just gotta wait a few months...
    Like X-Box achievements... no.

Also, I probably qualify for mentioned in many sigs quoted on none achievement.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-17 at 04:33 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I'd join but I have a severe lack of an actual microphone that does not require at least 5 tonnes of consoles to work properly. I just gotta wait a few months...
    Well, I can't talk with mine either most of the time. Don't let it deter you.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I can't talk with mine either most of the time. Don't let it deter you.
    Isn't Skype microphone based?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Bugbear in the Playground

... how is that even... possible?
    I once slashed my palm open on a wall. Still unsure how it all went down, really.

I am bored. Also, I tried writing whole papers in German today in my free time at school, for the sake of old times when I actually took German classes, and was disappointed at my limitations in second language when I don't have a pocket dictionary close at hand, and a native speaker at the head of the room. It turned very quickly from a German paper on an actual topic I had thought up on the spot into a German paper lamenting on the poorness of my German speaking skills and capabilities. Ich will es... *sniff*

Sign language.

19. - Top - End - #1369

The Playground and an online checkers site.

Like X-Box achievements... no.

The Playground has the ban on religious discussion, which would restrict us quite a lot.

We're not using voice chat, so no microphone required.

What other achievements are there?

Love wins. S'agapo.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

You can type. And make faces.

Also, Blue Ghost, I went ahead and added you.

21. - Top - End - #1371

You can type. And make faces.

Also, Blue Ghost, I went ahead and added you.
    Accepted, but I don't see you online.

Love wins. S'agapo.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Accepted, but I don't see you online.
    I'm not. Like I said, I'm going to church very soon, and I'd hate to get involved in a spirited discussion and have to leave in the middle.

23. - Top - End - #1373

I'm not. Like I said, I'm going to church very soon, and I'd hate to get involved in a spirited discussion and have to leave in the middle.
    I see. Well, be well at church! We'd love to have you join us!

Love wins. S'agapo.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    -barf-

I got sick just looking at that.

By the way, I'm in on the philosophy discussions too.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Although, if these are like X-Box Achievements, that wouldn't matter, for no matter how much you qualify for it, it still wouldn't exist. Half of the point with them are that you shouldn't be able to permanently disqualify for them, after all.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1376

No kids? Shame, I'm sure they'd be adorable.

As for the pavement, I arrived at a Dutch train station around midnight. I wanted to stick around for my train which arrived at 5:05 AM, but the security guard informed me that I had to stay outside until 4:30 when the station would open up again. So, I found myself a spot on the pavement, wrapped myself up in my sleeping bag, used my backpack for a pillow, and took a nap.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oof, that sounds like one night when I slept on a boat. Until I started sleepwalking. Then our stories rapidly become very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I sigged you too!
    I was mis-sigged by you!

What other achievements are there?
    (Note, these are out of order. And aren't mine.)

Unlocked: Self Loathing: Look at back at an early post and face palm so hard you skullphalanx .

Unlocked: Acceptance: You find a place you fit in.

Unlocked: Pillar of Community: People miss you if you're gone and are mentioned even when you aren't in a discussion.

Unlocked: Memetic Persona: Some part of your persona, sig, avatar, is now memetic on the forum (Example, ThePhantasm's sig).

Unlocked: Maturity: You don't run around squealing like a pig whenever someone responds to a post of yours. You also cease editing a post with "Sweet! I was responded to by a MODERATOR! Whoa!".
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Colossus in the Playground

Although, if these are like X-Box Achievements, that wouldn't matter, for no matter how much you qualify for it, it still wouldn't exist. Half of the point with them are that you shouldn't be able to permanently disqualify for them, after all.
    You had me untill permanently disquality for them. I've got nooo idea what that means

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

You had me untill permanently disquality for them. I've got nooo idea what that means
    Well, say there was an achievement along the lines of "complete this on your first try without failing". If you fail, you'll get pretty annoyed by the fact that you never ever will be able of getting that achevement (barring the deletion of save data in some way or another). I.e. you'll be permanently disqualified from taking that achievement.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Means you cant get it because you can never meet the qualifications. Like if there were an achievement to be a member of the Playground at the age of 6. I can never meet that, and I don't think you can. Because I doubt you are under the age of 6.
    Edit: NINJA'D! NINJA"KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-17 at 05:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #1380

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oof, that sounds like one night when I slept on a boat. Until I started sleepwalking. Then our stories rapidly become very different.
    Oy vey, that sounds quite risky. Still, it wasn't that bad a night. I was actually pretty comfortable where I was. I just wish I could have gotten a full night of sleep.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas