New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Cool. Yours is one I was also quite curious about, so I'm glad atleast you responded

My avatar is just me, done by Elder Tsofu. I..don't think I'll ever actually change my avatar, ever.
    It's a Tsofu-tar after all, it's like wine.

Ok, that made me chuckle a bit. Silly cats

And oh my, Coidzer is on fire.

Oh, hey, here is a question. What is the origin of everyone's Avatars? I'm curious as to why Coidzer's looks like what it does, and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink-Haired August View Post
    Ribonis, a NPC I had in my first campaign with human beings instead of just PBP or Skype campaigns, it started out as a copy of Ribbon from Kirby 64 but she became a character on her own (it also factored in that I wanted to find a scientific way of getting a pink haired person [google netted me one scientific answer for natural pinkness, when the players asked they got a monologue]. Pixie Paladin that time.

And in my current campaign I swapped her name to Adele (Adahalrd/Adelheide) [The party doesn't know her gender] and she is a pixie rogue.

Part of her personality is molded to my youngest sister.

The only other two avatars I've ever used that were not her were:

My Napoleon Avatar (which happened to be my second OoTS Style creation [which was for a Social Studies comic of the French Revolution], the first being Ribonis)

And Aegio, a Cleric in my first live campaign (his personality was molded after mine but I piled on a series of flaws and tried to keep him away from the players to prevent any sort of self-insert wish-fulfilment.
    Right now I'm just running with colour swapped "Osme", the Moe Antropomorphization of Osmium (right now Osmoiridium) for Elemental Week.

And why not... Evolution!

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-17 at 09:03 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Yha . Though I think that once my comic gets going I may ask him to change mine a bit to maaaybe be more art esque. Though I'm not actually doing the art, as mentioned

Also, I remember you telling the origin of your cute pixie avatar thing. Hooray!

And cool, about the element thing.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Yha . Though I think that once my comic gets going I may ask him to change mine a bit to maaaybe be more art esque. Though I'm not actually doing the art, as mentioned

Also, I remember you telling the origin of your cute pixie avatar thing. Hooray!

And cool, about the element thing.
    Thanks and Hooray!

And what do you mean by more art-esque?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-17 at 09:06 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #1444

I mean like, more related to the comic. Like, maybe behind a desk with a whip and what not.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean like, more related to the comic. Like, maybe behind a desk with a whip and what not.
    Can't wait to see your comic actually come out, how long has it been... half a year?

6. - Top - End - #1446

Can't wait to see your comic actually come out, how long has it been... half a year?
    It certainly can't have been that long. I'd imagine only a few months, not half a year!

..Teddy, has it been half a year? Because if it is I think you've got some splainin to do *Ricky Ricardo pose*

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Unlocked: Maturity: You don't run around squealing like a pig whenever someone responds to a post of yours. You also cease editing a post with "Sweet! I was responded to by a MODERATOR! Whoa!".
    -points at own signature-
    After that, nobody who responds gets me excited just by who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Don't worry MasamuneSSX, in one of my early posts I flamed EmeraldRose. I think the thread has succumb to the great forum purge, but I have the general gist of what happened here:

Spoiler
    Show
    ==>
    Have you ever tried to not be awesome?

Update: The trip through the storm drain with my two friends wasn't even 2 hours long (which was the minimum expected). It was an hour and a half.
    I was probably the best prepared, with a stick to make noise, hit people and get webs out of the way. I also wore wool socks and hiking boots (compared to their Converse and cotton socks). Their feet got wet; mine stayed dry (aside from sweat, which was all over me). It was really interesting.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Have you ever tried to not be awesome?

Update: The trip through the storm drain with my two friends wasn't even 2 hours long (which was the minimum expected). It was an hour and a half.
    I was probably the best prepared, with a stick to make noise, hit people and get webs out of the way. I also wore wool socks and hiking boots (compared to their Converse and cotton socks). Their feet got wet; mine stayed dry (aside from sweat, which was all over me). It was really interesting.
    It's not a choice Absolmorph. Stop being rude like that.

Also, that sounds fairly interesting. Why exactly DID you go galavanting into a storm drain?

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not a choice Absolmorph. Stop being rude like that.

Also, that sounds fairly interesting. Why exactly DID you go galavanting into a storm drain?
    Why not do it? It opens on one end into a creek bed and the majority of it is at least 6 feet tall (two sections are much shorter, but they're like 10 feet long each).
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

10. - Top - End - #1450

NecromancerGuy

Ok, that made me chuckle a bit. Silly cats

And oh my, Coidzer is on fire.

Oh, hey, here is a question. What is the origin of everyone's Avatars? I'm curious as to why Coidzer's looks like what it does, and what not.
    Well, I used to mostly just use some of the Giant-provided avatars, then moved on to slightly more standard prefab ones from other places, especially the Kate Beaton ones of either Tesla or of King Harold getting an arrow in his eye & his expletives being replaced by a cry of "TESLA!"

I finally got the OOTS-vatar itch after about... I think a year and a half of being around this place. Earlier I think I was still too busy with the moping about my love life to get that concerned.

Anyhoo, I was, at the time I first started getting really into this site, rather interested in the D&D 3.X at the time & as I like playing the mario/luigi, I was looking at ways to combine fighty-casty-sneaky characters and found the Master of Masks. Not so good of a PrC, really, but I was rather taken with the whole masks idea and found it charming. So it kinda stuck around in the back of my mind, bouncing around in there.

For whatever reason, I think I had stumbled upon a thread discussing this same sorta topic or maybe whether we'd statted up our avatars as characters in RPGs... So I decided I'd go ahead and do that myself, and moseyed on down to the request an avatar thread.

And since our avatars are merely the masks we wear around one another, I found the idea of a Master of Masks as my avatar, a mask wearing a mask, if you will, delightfully kitsch and meta. A fine old chap by the handle of Elrond obliged my original request, and did his spin on my reimagining of the Lord mask.

Since I like having little twists, I requested two versions, one where the mask was being worn, and another where the mask was being put aside and a cheeky wink was being delivered to the audience. Because what can I say, I like ladies.

Flash forward to when Introbulus was first getting himself established around these parts with his rep & kuppys and the like. One thing led to another, a jocular word was said, and I ended up getting kuppified, along with an altered avatar to boot.

And I kinda just been using that one ever since, as I've had less time to change avatars around, or to think up any new requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1451

Why not do it? It opens on one end into a creek bed and the majority of it is at least 6 feet tall (two sections are much shorter, but they're like 10 feet long each).
    Because its dangerous! And icky sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    *snip*
    Impressive that you can remember all that. Very interesting, too. Also, you linked Moustaches which is awesome.

The only thing not touched on is why your maskless face has catears, but really I can't blame you on that one. Heck yha catears.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel very accomplished guys. I have successfully made my little brother a brony. Woot.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

13. - Top - End - #1453

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    I feel very accomplished guys. I have successfully made my little brother a brony. Woot.
    Congrats. Since he is your brother and a male, that's Triple Brony status. You know, from actually being a bro.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I missed the avatar fight, but my avatar is THE AVATAR.

Has to count for something.

And I was just reading about Krishna.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Another fine man succumbs to the lines of the dark forces...

16. - Top - End - #1456

Another fine man succumbs to the lines of the dark forces...
    You will join the Bronies. Soon we will have you as our own... *plots*
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

You will join the Bronies. Soon we will have you as our own... *plots*
    Not likely, I've already seen the first two episodes and didn't really like it. I guess the Internet managed to cause me Hype Aversion or I simply don't like the concept, or the writing. To each his own I guess.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

I plan on getting around to watching it one of these days, but in all honesty it doesn't really sound like it deserves so much popularity. Like August said, Hype Aversion.

I like shows with a consistent, sequential storyline.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    I plan on getting around to watching it one of these days, but in all honesty it doesn't really sound like it deserves so much popularity. Like August said, Hype Aversion.

I like shows with a consistent, sequential storyline.
    Then you may like the first two episodes, and then likely nothing else.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Not likely, I've already seen the first two episodes and didn't really like it. I guess the Internet managed to cause me Hype Aversion or I simply don't like the concept, or the writing. To each his own I guess.
    Yeah, I'm just messing around Whether you like it or not doesn't matter much to me. One big thing that got my brother to try it is that Lauren Faust also made some good Cartoon Network shows.

Cypress RP profile

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Barbarian in the Playground

For what it's worth, the first two episodes are easily my least favorite in the series. Both felt really contrived and rushed, both in the "we crammed two episodes' worth of content into one" and "we did this real close to deadline." It picked up a lot after that (episode three has what may be my favorite moment in the whole series so far).
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Erua, you remind me of my brother, who made a forced convert of me into bronyism. Now I am a happily assimilated herd member who listens to Pinkie Pies cupcake song and Fluttershy singing every day. You will join us! *grins and watches Rarity complain to a bunch of medieval dogs*
    Main reason I gave in and watcehd the first episode is because I love KND. Spinach Inquisition... Bald child singing... fat child eating spinach... so strange.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-17 at 10:46 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Your avatar is good!

Since you asked, here's Red Spectre, my Chaotic Evil hellfire warlock counterpart. He's generally kept on a leash, but occasionally he breaks loose to wreak havoc.
    Whoa! I remember him for opposite week. I like him a lot!

Don't worry MasamuneSSX, in one of my early posts I flamed EmeraldRose. I think the thread has succumb to the great forum purge, but I have the general gist of what happened here:

Spoiler
    Show
    ==>
    WHY MUST YOU BE THAT AWESOME?!?! With anyone else I could compliment the heck out of them, but with a mod I look like a suck-up! Bwah!

Well, it wasn't a real flame or flame war of course . But people started to join in with their own avatars. I
    do recall one person calling out "Do me! Do me!".
    Aw, that's too bad. Sometimes it's reassuring to find out community pillars aren't perfect-bots.

Spoiler
    Show

You know, I think I like the earlier stuff best. I miss it when you were just a normal pink pixie August!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Right now I'm just running with colour swapped "Osme", the Moe Antropomorphization of Osmium (right now Osmoiridium) for Elemental Week.

Spoiler
    Show

The fourth stage in eeveelution looks...different. Like a plant. Plant with a face.

I do like my second avatar the most, but I've decided to not look back and see where evolution takes me, if I end up where I started, so be it...
    I like the one with the scythe. Mostly because that's the one I first saw you with.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-17 at 10:49 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You know, I think I like the earlier stuff best. I miss it when you were just a normal pink pixie August!
    I do like my second avatar the most, but I've decided to not look back and see where evolution takes me, if I end up where I started, so be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    The fourth stage in eeveelution looks...different. Like a plant. Plant with a face.
    It was one of the ones with the shortest lifespan, along with the pastel version it's tied for shortest lifetime.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-17 at 10:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1466

The dress one reminds me of Rosenmaiden desu~

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

The dress one reminds me of Rosenmaiden desu~
    Guess where I took inspiration from? (should have done as well for the hair but I wanted to take hairstyles in another direction... grave mistake.)

28. - Top - End - #1468

It's not that grave, I think the fancy dress and curled hair is a nifty change of pace.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

All of my friends are leaving for college.

'S depressing.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Firbolg in the Playground

Who's making the new thread? Now's a good time to start thinking about it.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show