New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pokemon: Azuran Adventures (Alliteration is Magic) IC

You begin your adventures in the town of BRAEVES, an out of the town hidden within the sleepy folds of the REDACRE VALLEY. In spite of this, Braeves is a very popular starting town for many burgeoning trainers due to the influence of the LEGENDARY trainer RED. Red began his journey in the Redacre Valley and barreled through the LEAGUE CIRCUIT (among other things…) at previously unprecedented speeds. It is now considered good luck to begin a journey in Braeves. Though most individuals do not believe in such superstitions, the Redacre Valley has pumped out more championship trainers than any other city alone. It’s a Podunk town to be sure, but nobody can argue with results.

The town itself is quiet, with a few modest buildings here and there. The POKEMON CENTER is located in the center of town, and houses a MEAGER selection of POKEMON RELATED PARAPHERNALIA. Up on a hill sits a looming laboratory that looks anything but accommodating. It is open to the PUBLIC EYE only one day a year so that the PROFESSOR may distribute equipment to children who are unable to afford their own. It just so happens that TODAY is that day. Though none of you are lacking in credits, FREE EQUIPMENT is free equipment.

There are only two ways out of the valley; the TRAIN STATION where most of you were dropped off at and ROUTE 1. Trains only come once a week though, so for most trainers Route 1 is the way to go. From the lab, the road to Route 1 is only minutes away.

What do?
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-09 at 08:06 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Azuran Adventures (Alliteration is Magic) IC

Lawrence was working under the professor on this busy day. He had been told that many trainers would stop by to pick up their equipment and the professor might need his help in handing it out and managing the situation. As more and more trainers came to the lab and Lawrence began his work handing out the supplies and helping everyone who entered, he grew more and more excited.

"Soon I'm going to begin traveling the world... I haven't told Blackwood yet what I found yesterday. I didn't even show him the Nidoran."

That's right. Yesterday in front of the lab Lawrence had found a sleeping Nidoran male with a note addressed to a "Mr. Alder"* Lawrence still needed to think of a name for the Nidoran and a few flew through his mind. "Titan... Joe... Gigon... Nidobro..." That last one stuck in Lawrence's mind. Nidobro. That was a good name.

Lawrence had been spacing out think of a name for the Nidoran, he forgot he had to be helping the new trainers.

"Excuse me..." said one of the crowd to Lawrence.

"Oh. Oh... yeah. For your equipment just fill out the forms over..." Lawrence did his work half heatedly, there were bigger concerns in his mind. He hadn't told Prof. Blackwood he was leaving today yet, he had only decided to leave yesterday. For now he helped every trainer who stopped by to pick up their supplies, and contemplated what to do. Although Lawrence was the senior apprentice at the lab, there were plenty other younger apprentices there that would gladly help Prof. Blackwood in his absence.

*details found in the backstory
    **anyone who stops by the lab asking for supplies will encounter lawrence there working
    Last edited by Saint Anti; 2011-07-09 at 09:44 PM.
    This is how I imagine some knights won duels back in the day.
    http://pastebin.com/nhi9uhdS

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Lawrence:
    As you unenthusiastically push papers around your desk you feel a cold and imposing presence looming over your shoulder. You already know* who it is.

"Oh, don't stop on my account Alder. It's not as if I pay you to waste my time," he says in his characteristically clipped tone.
    Spoiler
    Show

IT'S THE PROFESSOR.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh, Professor" Lawrence showed a weak, forced smile on his face as he turned to greet Prof. Blackwood. "I didn't see you come up behind me... *ahem* Professor I've been thinking, don't you think it's time I go out on my journey as well?"This was uncharacteristic of Lawrence, for even though before he had thought of leaving, the idea of leaving the lab and entering the lifestyle of a Pokemon trainer was an unlikable concept to him.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

And here, it would begin.

Karl took a deep inhale, then an exhale. So here was Braeves.

It looked a bit like the youth was wearing a purple jacket, hood pulled up. More focus, however, would show that the jacket was in fact a pokemon itself - a grimer who's worried eyes caused Karl to smile.

"It'll be alright, Imhoff."

He glanced towards the route. "Heh... before we get started, let's look into that." He pointed towards the laboratory on the hill.

Imhoff shivered. "Heh, no kidding. But I think the station master said it's only open one day a year, so we may as well go take a look."

And with that, Karl Pyremius headed on up - aiming to poke his head in and look around.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

@Lawrence:
    The look on the professor's face is unreadable and he scrutinizes your face, as if watching for for a face you're not sure is your own. After what feels like an eternity his expression softens.

"Well, it's not as if your mother hasn't been hounding me on the matter..."

If you remember correctly, Professor Blackwood and your parents used to be famous trainers back in their day and when your father died the trio split up. While the professor gave up professional training for a career in Pokemon research your mother continued on as a trainer, even becoming Champion for a stint before she gave up the job, citing "Dealing with people every day is annoying." as her excuse. She's still training somewhere out there though.

Meanwhile the professor's face segues into a cross between amusement and annoyance. Unable to find an appropriate mix, he settles on his trademark frown.

"You could have chosen a better time to tell me though. Get back to work, you're still on your shift. We can talk during your break."

You notice that he did not say 'no'.

@Karl:
    As you crest over the hill, the massive laboratory almost seems to tower over you. The front entrance is open, with a gaggle of trainers chattering about the place. You even see a few battles taking place.

As you near the wide double doors, you notice a man in a stark white lab coat conversing to a younger associate at the front desk.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-11 at 10:44 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Aislin tromps down the trail away from Braeves, thoroughly put out. She'd lived in this town her whole life, and had grown quite comfortable here.
    "Everyone wants to go on an adventure", they said. "Everyone wants to be the best. Go out. Make some friends. You'll have fun." And so they threw her out the door with a fistful of cash, a pokemon, and a backpack full of clothes. She only barely managed to snag some of her welding equipment before being ushered out, and then promptly spent all the money on about a dozen packs of cigarettes.
    Stomping down the road, she's gnawing on one, mangling the filter to the point that it's barely smokable. So she tears off the filter and continues to puff on it.
    Looking back... her neighborhood fades into the distance. Well, that's that then. And to the right... the lab, where they're handing out equipment. Her parents only gave her meagre stuff, expecting her to get some there... but that crowd was hardly inviting. Besides, she was a misanthrope agoraphobic. It'd be impossible to go through there without killing someone killing herself having a panic attack. Yep.
    Way she figured it, she'd move on to the next town, set up shop in the pokemon center until money for smokes ran out, and then...
    Then the cigarette had burned down to the nub, and it was burning her lips. She started, inhaling deeply, which turned out to be a bad idea as she sucked the still burning bit into her mouth. Sputtering, she spat it out onto the road, coughing for a bit, then promptly lit up another one.
    Stupid lousy goddamn magical adventure, anyways.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vlad stood to the side of the trail, waiting and preparing.
    You've got this Vlad, you did really good in your classes, you can make it out here no problem. Just stay focused.
    He thinks to himself, prepping for what may be the biggest day of his life. If he messed up on the first day he'd be screwed.
    Wait a minute. Who's that?
    He thinks to himself as he spots a girl, coughing and hacking as she makes her way along the trail.
    You know, you're not supposed to swallow it!
    He smiles to the girl,
    Are you not gonna get any gear from the lab? It's free you know.
    He jogs towards her, a small smile on his face.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Lawrence nodded his head to the Professor. He knew the professor fairly well, and he thought that Blackwood would have let Lawrence leave without much of a fuss, but there was a bit more to it than that. "What to do what to do..."Lawrence sighed, and returned back to the paperwork he had been so used to doing over the years.

As Lawrence began his work at the front of the lab, another aspiring trainer* entered who poked his head in through the door and took a quick look around.

*Que Kantolin

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Karl stepped inside, glancing around for a moment - before noting someone nearby. He smiled, stepping towards them.

"Um, excuse me?" He moved a bit closer. "I'm Karl Pyremius - this is the right place, right? I was told here would be open to the public today - at least, I thought it was here."

A pause. "Oh - sorry if I'm interrupting anything." He added, noting the paperwork he was likely interrupting.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Aislin finishes her sputtering as Vlad approaches her, catching her breath and lighting up another cigarette to regain her composure before replying dryly. "Really? Well, that's news to me."
    Laconic sigh. More dry talking.
    "Yeah, I can't go up there. I'm agoraphobic. Fear of the market. I'd simply die." She takes another drag on her cigarette, thinking a moment.
    "So, I dunno, unless you want to grab some for me or something, it ain't happening."
    Hey, that's actually a good idea. Could probably pawn them off for some cash.

12. - Top - End - #12

Vlad nods,
    Sure thing. I'm Vlad by the way, Pokemon Ranger Recruit. Pleasure to meet you.
    He extends a hand and smiles,
    Sad thing about the agoraphobia, but eh, what can you do? I'll go grab some gear for you.
    He smiles again.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh. Well. Cool. I'll, uh, wait here? I guess."
    She goes off the side of the road, making herself cozy under a tree. What luck, getting some schmuck to go in for her. Maybe she could get him to carry her stuff, too.
    ...Of course, that would mean enduring his company. Not exactly something she was keen on doing.

14. - Top - End - #14

Vlad smiles yet again as he jogs up to the lab, making his way through the crowd,
    Official ranger business. Step aside please. Please move. Pokemon Ranger coming through. Please step aside. Ranger coming through.

As he makes his way to the front he smiles,
    Excuse me, I was wondering if I could procure some equipment for myself and another starting trainer. Official ranger business and all.
    He speaks to a lab assistant and flashes his recruit badge quickly, most didn't bother but he thought the badge gave him a little bit of credibility.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The assistant does not return your gaze, but instead shoves two sets of papers into your hands. "Fill out the following forms, and exchange them at the booth at the back of the room. As she continues her work, she monotonously adds "Double check for completeness so as not to hold up the line. We wish you luck on your Pokemon adventure."

The person behind you is already pushing his way to the desk.

What a busy day.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Lawrence looked up talk to the new trainer who had entered the pokemon center. "If you mean the right place for free stuff, yeah, you just have to fill out this paperwork."

Lawrence looked at the crowd with a tired look, he was sick of seeing so many kids follow their ambitions while he could not.
    More and more trainers grabbed their supplies and headed out. Lawrence saw a ranger-looking kid shove his way to the front of the line.

"I haven't seen a ranger in a long time" Lawrence thought to himself. "Seems to think he's a big shot with that badge."

Turning back to the trainer in front of him, Lawrence continued speaking.

"Don't worry, you're not interrupting anything important." Lawrence said to the new trainer, while neatly filing his half-finished work into a drawer. "I'm done for now, anyway."

Lawrence gave off a weak smile, to hide his sudden agitation. Lawrence gave a quick look around to see if the professor was watching him, but then turned back to the trainer.

"So what's your name?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah... I was trying not to be that blunt, but yeah."

Looking around for a moment, Karl pulled a chair up to the opposite side of Lawrence's desk, and sat in it. He began to fill out the papers, skimming them as well.

"Karl Pyremius." He answered. "Phew... gotta say, I'm a little nervous about really getting going. Albeit not nearly as bad as Imhoff here." He thumbed to the grimer's eyes. Said grimer was surprisingly non-smelly, but more focally was visibly worried about where he was - looking around at everything that moved.

"How about yours? Name, I mean."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

@Gorgondantess:
    As you wait for the ranger to return you are pulled out of your thoughts by a very loud, very obnoxious "Aha!"

It's a kid, who by the looks of it, is barely old enough for the pokeball that lazily hangs from his belt. He's wearing a green shirt and the most ridiculous pair of short shorts you have ever had the misfortune of coming across. His bed hair is tussled and looks as if he'd spent hours getting it to look just the way he wanted. The boy points his finger at you and declares, "OUR EYES HAVE MET! WE MUST BATTLE!"

Dear lord.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rival trainer Fanboy wants to battle!

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Aislin internally groans at the boy.
    Just as I was getting comfortable...
    "Ummm... yeah, I'd rather not. Not really in the "battling" mood right now. Why don't you check back, like, a few weeks from now."
    She leans back, and closes her eyes, praying the boy will go away.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

@Gorgondantess:
    Unfortunately for Aislin, the boy does not go away nor does he express a desire to 'check back in a few weeks'. Instead he screws up his face in thought and plops down right beside you. It does not look like he intends to move until you battle him.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

She keeps her eyes closed, pretending to be sleeping for a few minutes. Opening one a crack, he's still there.
    She glares at him. He's still there. She really wishes he wasn't.
    "Gaaah... Fine, I'll battle you."
    She gets up and lights a cigarette, puffing on it annoyedly, and grabs her pokeball, staring at it strangely. Shrugging, she tosses it to the ground.
    "Go, uh..." Sh*t. What did they give me again?
    The torchic pops out, looking rather chipper. "Torchic!"
    "Uh, yeah, sure, Torch Chick. I suppose."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

@Gorgondantess:
    "You're gonna regret this! My rattata is in the top percentage of rattatas!"

What's worrying is that he's not even saying the line ironically. The young trainer frantically unclips the pokeball and releases it against the ground. A wild scree can be heard and when the lights fade a purple rat stands, baring its fangs at you.

Map
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-13 at 07:26 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

@Kantolin
    "It's not uncommon for Pokemon to be nervous before leaving their homes with their own trainers. Afterall, Pokemon are like people, and they all have their own unique personalities and habits." Lawrence commented, while examining the grimer. "I'm not a pokemon doctor (yet), but I know a thing or two about pokemon, and this grimer seems to be in very good shape."

Lawrence took the papers the Karl filled out and filed them.

"My name is Lawrence Blackwood, but alot of people just call me Alder." Lawrence paused for a moment before continuing. "Professor Blackwood is my adoptive father."

"I'm leaving here soon. I'm done working here. I'm going to go on an adventure like the rest of these trainers."
    Last edited by Saint Anti; 2011-07-14 at 09:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"I guess that makes sense." Karl glanced up at Imhoff, who wasn't exactly more calm with that announcement. He chuckled for a moment, then glanced back at Lawrence.

"Sounds like you've made up your mind, then." He paused for a moment, re-reading what he was signing. "Dropping everything and changing tracks can be rough, though..."

He half-smiled. "Of course, who am I to be saying things like that... I've been practicing, yes, but practice is nothing in the face of the real thing. It's my first day, after all."

Page turn, more reading. "So how soon is 'soon'? Not to rush you, of course, but that sounded pretty final."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

"As soon as possible." Lawrence responded back to Karl. "Ever since yesterday, I've been anxious to leave here, and I'm not sure why. I'm going to have to get word in with the professor before heading out, though."

Lawrence grabbed some of the nearby supplies meant for trainers and pocketed them. "If I'm heading out, I'm going to need these."

Lawrence waited at the front desk with Karl for the professor to inevitably show up.

26. - Top - End - #26

As Vlad moves pass the person behind he kicks him,
    Sorry about that.
    He says the slightest hint of sarcasm brushing his voice.

He makes his way to a counter and fills out the forms, then walking to the area in the back to turn in his forms.
    Alright, so, here. Lines are over right? I need my stuff.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The young man handing out equipment gives your documents a once over and slides two packages across the table. They're not overly heavy but stacking the boxes atop each other shifts your weight uncomfortably.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Aislin nods, readying a command.
    "Well, then. Torch Chick..."
    "Kill the rat!"
    Whatever.

The torchic leaps forwards, and does the best it can with the command given, igniting and charging at the rattata in a sortof flaming charge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d2)[1]
    If one, flame charge:
    (1d20)[8] Hit,
    (4d6+7)[23]
    (1d4)[4] 27 damage.
    And speed is up one point.
    If two, night slash:
    (1d20)[6]
    (2d20+7)[37]
    Crit on 18-20.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-14 at 12:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Ugh... I knew I shoulda worked out more in school, whatever, thanks dude.
    Vlad carries the equipment out and sets it down next to a tree stump were he'll watch the pokemon battle.
    Yea kill him!
    He chuckles, that girl was not into this at all.
    I got your stuff for you, who's this kid?!
    He asks from his spot a couple yards from the battle.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2011-07-14 at 12:59 PM.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

@Gorgondantess:
    The rattata barely has enough time to react as the small orange bird rams into its side. It skids back some and falls over having clearly been knocked out.

Your challenger looks on in pure shock, returns the Pokemon and runs back into the town, crying that he'll get his revenge...someday.

Your Pokedex makes a faint beeping noise as soon as he's gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torchic gains 160 XP.

@Vlad:
    The kid brushes by you as he passes. Looking down you see that he's dropped something.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨