Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1417
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Taking in what the group knows, especially this Whispering Way, and adding what he knows (is mostly on the local stuff), Kaythek nods as the group discuss their plans. Bah, undead. A dishonorable action when you are using slaves to fight your battles instead of facing them on your own when, Kaythek thinks as he grabs a mug of water. A terrible way to conduct battle, and even worse when you have to rely on trickery and deciet to do so.

    As Augustin mentions haunts and his wish to have been here when the Mentor was alive, Kaythek nods, taking a minute to stare into his water. Aye, I wish I was here as well. It might have been different then. When Morcaine brings up going to Harrowstone, Kaythek looks up and tightens his lips. I'm beginning to like these people.

    "I agree we need to investigate Harrowstone. But, if this Whispering Way is as dangerous as the Mentor believed, then we will need to be 'careful'." Kaythek looks over at Augustin. Unless I'm mistaken, but if the Whispering Way is an enemy of the Lady of the Graves, do you want to bring the local church in? Maybe the Professor has talked to them about this? If not, maybe we can impress upon them that this situation might be more dangerous than just an accident."

    Glancing at Morcaine, Kaythek nods to the paladins and Doctor Briar. "We should also find out more about these prisoners, like the five notable ones," Kaythek says as he held up his hand and counted off the names. "Father Charlatan, the Lopper, the Mosswater Marauder, the Piper of Illlmarsh, and the Splatter Man.

    "My guess, the Father either is or was a priest and a liar, maybe conman, as well as the Piper.," says Kaythek as tilts his head, trying to remember something, then goes on when he recalls it. "Ah, that's it. Magnimar had a problem with rats in a few neighborhoods and hired a 'musician' to take care of it. Turns out, he was controlling the rats, guiding them to infect certain areas and he'll come by and 'rid the area' for a price. Gotten caught after the stories started to be too convenient."
    Kaythek says, smiling as he remembers the stories, even though it happened years ago. "The Marauder could just be a raider that gotten caught, while the last two sounds like murderers. Unless it's a high crime to throw rotten fruit at people," Kaythek says with a smile as he leans back, then shrugs.

    "At least, that's my thinking. Any one else got any ideas or a plans?"
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Augustin steeples his fingers. "Perhaps we ought look into this 'false crypt in the Restlands' that the professor mentioned when we inquire at the church. If the professor was unable to obtain the items, they may be there, even if we do not yet know what they are. If not, perhaps something else useful can be begged from the priest, who certainly will wish to help us. We must be as prepared as possible. haste is needed, but too much haste with too little knowledge..."

    "Kendra, did your father speak of any of this to you? Are there any locals we can ask for more information regarding the rumors and the stories of the inmates? If we must face down their ghosts, which seems possible, it would be good to know more of them. Knowledge is often the key to unraveling such matters."
    He nods to the academics.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Wynette fills everyone in on what she knows about the Whispering Way and the necromancers.

    "I will accompany you all where you decide we should go- I don't know this area well at all. I would, though, recommend that while we are away we keep these books under lock and key. These are not tomes we want people stumbling upon."

    She reaches out to Kaythek, perhaps unconsciously, for the key.

    "Kendra, would you consent to these books remaining in your home, knowing what you know now? I will understand if you decline, and in that case, I will find other lodgings for a month and guard this chest with my life."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Briar

    The gnome nods, her face more pinched than normal, as if more serious. Still, she twitches, her eyes shining. "Indeed. Preparation, research, investigation necessary prior to traipsing. Professor traipsed too early. Bad end. Still, own success more probable. Weapons. Armour. Strength in numbers." She eyes some of her newfound comrades. "Burlier." She adds with a mutter: "Uses for muscle mass surprisingly few, yet sometimes necessary for endeavours. Cerebral muscles notwithstanding. Unfortunate but true."

    She snaps out of her rambling. "Research aside, effective armaments increases probability of success... Backwater town insufficient for enchantments on conventional weaponry. Also, problem of funds. Doctor, not thief!" She takes a breath. "Abandoned crypt may prove useful." She sighs theatrically. "Graverobber, not doctor."
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-08-20 at 04:14 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Kaythek smiles as he hears the Doctor mumble about what they had and the sudden dawning of what she's actually considering draws an uproar from him. Oh, yeah, this is about to get interesting, Kaythek thinks as he looks at the rest of the group.

    "Actually, Doctor, we're not graverobbing since in order to rob a grave we will need to be stealing a corpse." Kaytheks looks at the paladins and inquisitor before continuing. "We are reaquirring a lost cache of equipment that the current church may or may not know about, with the Mentor not mentioning whether or not he has told them. So we are not so much graverobbing as we are acquiring equipment to investigate what killed the Mentor with or without asking permission from the various groups in charge here."

    Kaythek proceeds to go for the widest grin he can go for as he puts his right fist into his left hand. Wonder if any one else has a better idea?
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Ulric contributes a few bits of history to the all-around sharing of information, but mostly he listens to the swirl of conversation, generally nodding in approval with what is being said. Fast, yet sound thinking. And impressive knowledge. I understand why the Professor wanted these people around when his will was opened.

    He steps into the discussion of finding items to protect against spirits: "I agree with you, Kaythek, this would not be graverobbing. Besides, if this place is really a false crypt, as Petros described it, then it would not even be a grave at all. On the other hand, the church of Pharasma might well label it treasure robbing. Augustin, I take it you would prefer asking the local priest for permission ?"

    "Another thing I agree with you about, by the way, is Petros's death - not accidental in any sense of the word. Miss Kendra, I understand how painful the question may be to you, but could you please share some details of the circumstances ? When exactly did it happen ? Who found him ? Who saw him alive last ? It may shed some light on what we need to do next."

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Nodding at Ulric, Augustin replies, "I would ask first. If they know anything, they can help. If they don't, then they ought be told. This is a grave matter (no pun intended) and concerns them regardless of lost items. I will speak to them after morning prayers, if someone will lead me." Though most commoners just shake their heads at the nobleman wandering randomly.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Morcaine

    "Even if the church would allow us to use the cache, we should still ensure we have permission. We're already strangers here in Ravengro. We don't need to give people like Gibbs more ammunition against us."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Tamara doesn't bother to read the books. The more "bookish" types are having far too much fun for her to interrupt them. She enjoys reading, but it is certainly the least interesting thing to do right now, with all the talk of ghosts and graverobbers and splatter men and crypts... Until she spies the book with the lock. Things are only locked up when they are really good, Tamara thinks as she studies the locking mechanism from afar. At least the one with the really neat eyes seems to have a stick in her bum, she'd have a fit if I took a peek...

    "Permission? Why would we do that? They might say no! We can just borrow the items, then return them later. If Petros had no qualms borrowing them, then I don't think we should either," Tamara seems to think this idea infallible, because she immediately continues, "we should head to the crypt right now!" The prospect of going on an adventure with her new friends is the new highlight of her existence.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Morcaine

    "Because if we try and open the crypt without permission, Doctor, we may be caught in the act, and the townsfolk would definitely have the wrong impression. While we're obligated to stay here dues to Petros' wishes, it's clear that the townsfolk aren't likely to respect those wishes if they think we're causing trouble for them. I'd rather not be driven out of Ravengro by a mob before we complete our investigation of Harrowstone."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "Oh, that's a really good point, Morcaine!" Tamara agrees, "we should go at night, that way, no one will see us. That is a much better idea!"

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Augustin sighs and the small one's eagerness, "As I said before, I will speak to the priests and see what they know. We will be more effective if we have an idea what we are looking for. The professor did not think they knew about the things he sought, but he may have been wrong, or he may have spoken to them, so they would know now.

    "If it is not too late, I can go yet today, though I would ask Kendra to accompany me, both to show me the way and to make introductions. I would welcome all your company, but I must ask the words 'grave robbing' not be spoken, or even thought loudly."
    He gives a significant glance at Tamara, then Kaythek.

    "Though that leaves the matter of the books. They ought be safe enough under lock and key for the evening, though I am loath to leave them untended for longer, especially as time passes."
    Last edited by stack; 2011-08-21 at 12:29 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    She's certainly gung ho, thought Kaythek as Tamara speaks about going to the crypt right now. "We'll get to it eventually, Tam," Kaythek says as he looks over to Wynette, "but we should try to get permission first. It'll help us in the end and if the local church doesn't know what's going on, they'll be happy we at least filled them in."

    Kaythek smiles and nods in Augustin's direction when he looks at him. "If we go today, then I would like to accompany you as well. Between at least three of us," Kaythek says, looking at Kendra, then back at Augustin, "we should be able to present a strong case to explore the Crypt and the prison."

    Examining the books, Kaythek looks at them trying to remember if he has even heard of them. "As for these books, I too would like to lock them up. Preferably in a vault somewhere that's been sanctified," grinned Kaythek as he looks to Morcaine. "But as long as we aren't gone too long, then they should be good. As long as we hide them, of course."

    Spoiler
    Show


    Since no one has done it yet, I'm checking to see if I know what these books are. Since he said they are for a dark purpose, I'm going for Knowledge Religion rolls. Let's how they go!


    On Verified Madness Knowledge Religion roll (1d20+6)[22]

    Serving Your Hunger Knowledge Religion roll (1d20+6)[22]

    The Umbral Leaves Knowledge Religion roll (1d20+6)[23]

    Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye Knowledge Religion roll (1d20+6)[9]

    Last edited by Sarone; 2011-08-21 at 05:19 PM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Morcaine

    Morcaine facepalms with Tamara's leap of logic.

    "Did you consider the fact that they may have night watchmen guarding the cemetery? In a land like Ustalav where the dead can and often do rise from their graves for one reason or another, it pays to have someone on hand, preferably from the clergy, to protect the graves from defilement and put uppity corpses back in the ground."

    Then she turns to Kaythek.

    "The books aren't dangerous in THAT sense, Ser Kaythek. They're the "sacred" texts of several vile cults. Urgathoa, Zon-Kuthon, gods of darkness and evil. They're just words, but those words have the potential to lead even good people astray. Just the presence of Urgathoan texts in your home would be enough for the town to brand you a necromancer. I fear if these books were to be seen by the townsfolk, they might not only believe their fears about the Professor were correct, but innocent minds may be corrupted by their words. When the desperate seek meaning, even the most perverse faiths can bring comfort. THAT is why they are dangerous. If Petros' will did not stipulate their safe delivery, I'd burn them immediately."
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-08-21 at 07:36 PM.

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "I would prefer not to steal from a church. I understand that sometimes, there are circumstances that would allow it, but we've been here less than a week. That would be a new record for me."

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Briar

    Briar scowls, her lips pursed. "Counterpoint: failed attempt to convince priests to access crypt produces worse effect. Then certain to be security. Could jeopardize the entire effort."

    The gnome's speech has begun to slow, and her disjointed talk is approaching normalcy - for her, that is - once again.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Ulric

    "A valid point, Doctor. However, I'm afraid I must side with Augustin, Morcaine and Kaytheck here. For one thing, I am uncomfortable helping myself to other people's property without valid reason. And we don't have a valid reason.

    The other point : We don't want to alienate the townsfolk toward Miss Kendra. Contrary to us, she lives here and doesn't have the option to go to the next town in the morning if things turn sour."

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    jjj54's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Though she would have returned Tamara’s joy any other time, at that moment her hands were wrapped around the cover of her father’s journal. She read and reread the entries and the only thing she could think of was that she should have known. She repeated as much to herself as Kaythek stormed out. His terrific shout tore her out of her own world of self recrimination and back to the matter at hand with a growing air of grim determination.

    “Father never mentioned any of this to me. I think, perhaps, he was trying to protect me. The same as with these books. Speaking of… I think Wynette is right. They should remain here under lock and key.”

    “The council needs to know about this. If it is indeed the Whispering Way, then whatever they were doing at Harrowstone must be discovered. Tomorrow I’ll contact Sheriff Caeller and show him my father’s entries. Hopefully he’ll believe me. Meanwhile, I’d suggest looking into whatever might have drawn the Way here. The town hall or the temple might have the records we need. It’s too late tonight, so I’d suggest starting tomorrow for those tasks as well. While you’re at the temple you could look into the hidden cache as Augustin suggested…”

    She paused as the gnomes erratic behavior seemed to be slowing to an acceptable lull, but she had to ask, “Briar are you alright?”

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ran out of time, but I'll get you the details of the death in the next one Gwynfryid

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "I suppose I lost track of the time. First thing tomorrow then. If I understand correctly, we are to stay here instead of the inn, so I will collect my things and settle accounts. Does anyone else need to go?" After this today, I will stay better prepared. We may encounter things more dangerous that riled villagers. He stands, then waits to see who wishes to accompany him.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Archpaladin Zousha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Vale of Thorns
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Morcaine

    "Augustin? Kendra's giving us free lodging here for the month."

    THE TEN-MINUTE BACKGROUND
    Based off of the Minimus RPG engine, copyright 2008 Ad Astra Games, used with permission. Minimus is donation-ware, if you like it, please contribute as per the instructions in the file.

    Grey Warden avatar courtesy of Dorian Soth. Many thanks!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Kaythek laughs, his grin on his face. "That may be true, Morcaine," Kaythek says as he stands up and moves his head and neck around, stretching the muscles a bit, before going over to Augustin. However, i have my gear at Outward Inn. It shouldn't ake long for myself, since I only have a back pack and such. Any one else stayed there over the last few days and need to get thier gear?"
    Last edited by Sarone; 2011-08-22 at 04:58 PM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Briar

    The gnome laughs, flashing a wide grin at Kendra. "Yes, yes, quite alright! The potion I consumed has many wondrous properties, chief among them the enhancement of mental prowess. Linguistic skills are not in point of fact decreasing - the cause of concern, I believe. Rather an expanded mental capacity renders atypical speech patterns necessary to convey thoughts in a timely manner." Her grin continues. "Your father worried too. Like father, like daughter. Of course, my assurances did not convince him, so ideally not identical!"

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "I traveled light, everything I brough, I have on my person." Wynette frowns, "this might sound rude, but would you mind if I held onto the key, for the time being?"

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Frowning, Kaythek squinted as he held the key to his chest. "Why, don't think I can handle the secrets that are in it?"

    Kaythek let the words before let out a loud laugh and tossed the key to Wynette in a low arc. "Bah, you're worried about me," Kaythek says, a smirk crossing his face. "Isn't few of the big tales start with a know it all paladin who says they can handle the truth and wind up being proven otherwise?"

    Shaking his head, Kaythek thumbs to the door. So, besides Wynette, any one else need to grab their gear?"
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gwynfrid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Ulric

    "I was running late for the funeral, so I did not take the time to check out any inns in town, and I have everything I need with me. Miss Kendra, it will be an honor to stay in this home.

    With the revelations we have just witnessed, I believe your father's concern for your protection might well prove warranted. It would be wise to take turns standing watch. And, come to think of it... Would you mind giving us a tour of the premises ? I would like to assess the ways through which an intruder might try to enter, and see if there's any way we can make the house more secure against such events."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2011-08-23 at 11:03 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    jjj54's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    From before:

    “It’s quite alright Ulric,” she says bravely, “We must be informed if we are to get to the bottom of all this. As you know from the journal, father died seventeen days ago. I was the last to see him before then. After he didn’t return home the following day, I asked Sheriff Caeller to go to Harrowstone to check up on him and that‘s when he found the body. There was no sign of the Way or any hint of foul play. I had my suspicions that my father was too careful to die in such a way, but until now I’d managed to convince myself that it was all just a flight of paranoid fancy…”

    Now:

    “So the solution brings forth an increased mental capacity which in turn causes primary functions like speech to reflect a new found multifaceted sense of existence,” Kendra mused as once again the good Doctor piqued her interest, “But would such an experience prove overwhelming to the senses and a terrible strain on the mind used to working at a lower capacity?”

    “There are just as many stories of paladins who save the day thanks to their resolve in the face of the duties they take on. I trust you Wynette,“ Kendra smiled. She paused for a second as she listened to the plans to settle business at the Outward Inn. Deftly removing her coin purse, she handed it and it’s contents to Augustin.

    “This should cover everyone’s expenses at the Inn. Once you return we can go over the layout of the house and you can select which rooms you’d like to stay in.”

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "A gracious gesture, I was ready to pay my own way, but it would be rude to refuse such grace." He takes the purse from Kendra.

    "Well then, the sooner we are off, the sooner we shall return. Let us go so we can be back before our friends have claimed the best rooms." He smiles and begins to head in the direction of the door he recalled having entered.
    Last edited by stack; 2011-08-23 at 03:15 PM.
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    Knowing when he's out matched, even among friends and compatriots, Kaythek smiles and bows his head to Kendra. So, why hasn't she found some guy yet, Kaythek half wonders. Oh, well, it's her choice either way.

    "That is true, Kendra," Kaythek says when she says she trusts Wynette. But that doesn't mean it can't happen.

    As the two oracles get ready to leave, Kaythek is surprised by Kendra's offer. While appreciated, part of Kaythek cringed at it and he does his best to hide. "Um, I... uh," is all Kaythek could get out before shutting his mouth and straightening out his thoughts. "Thank you, Kendra. Your hospitality and offer is most gracious."

    Looking at the others, Kaythek straightens his thoughts. "Well, unless any one else is going, Augustin and I should head out before it gets too late, then."
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

    Favorite Merc Maxims

    2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.


  29. - Top - End - #149
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    stack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "Yes, we have much getting lost to do. Are any sighted people coming?"
    Check out these DSP projects:
    Akashic Mysteries (Incarnum-esque)
    Channeling Unleashed
    (I am not affiliated with either, just trying to get them more exposure.)

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

    "If you would like an escort, I will accompany you," Wynette says, tucking the key into her pack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •