New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Does ANYONE know this song?

Right so I've been looking for the full version of this song for years (I am not kidding here, just finding this commercial again has taken years.) but I'm failing at even finding a title or artist, does anyone know who made this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuwa...eature=related

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Does ANYONE know this song?

It is entirely possible that Mitsubishi paid someone to write and sing the song just for their commercial, rather than using an existing song.

Googling time has a way of changing lives has a way of making don't you want to survive (without quotes) doesn't give us anything meaningful. Trying "time has a way of changing lives" has a way of making "don't you want to survive" instead doesn't give any results. It may be, indeed, that they just paid someone for that single song and it was never given an official name.

Have you tried contacting Mitsubishi directly to see if they might know the who the singer is?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

it draws a blank using Shazam too (music recognition program), though other programs might be more succesful. Have you tried it in any of those?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Have you tried contacting Mitsubishi directly to see if they might know the who the singer is?
    One of the video comments says that Mitsubishi doesn't know either. One would presume they know the advertising team that made the ad, though.

I agree that it's altogether possible that the song was never published ... uh ... commercially. You know what I mean.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I was afraid this might be the case. And contacting Mitsubishi didn't come up with anything meaningful, but I might try again. Thanks guys.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I ripped the MP3 out of the youtube clip, uploaded it to a couple of music recognition sites (http://audiotag.info and Midomi) , but none of them had it in their DB.

Also googling the words didn't help. No idea. Unreleased or garage band... who knows?