New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    LIES! SLANDER AND LIES!
    I may be a grouchy, insufferably arrogant bastard, but I'm also charming.

Everything else is nail-on-head, though. Good job, Thanqol
    Why thank you! I apologise for the character assassination. On the upshot, you didn't get the worst of it in that particular story.

Hm. I'm wondering, could this be adapted to other venues? I'm thinking eventually DarthBobcat will up his security. I also hear rumors of a prototype, wherein you focus on Raz_Fox, instead of DarthBobcat. Are these allegations true?
    I think due to our sympathetic link I can't have ideas which are not stolen from him/he has not stolen from me. Like stealing from your eyes.

Oh, ponythread. You will never give bobcat peace.

I think ... Hm.

DBC: ...really, honey? Stealing my ideas?
    PONYTHREAD: but that's not enough... What if you secure ideas? Oh! BONDAGE!
    DBC: ... Whatever you think is best.
    PONYTHREAD: oh! Oh! I know! Spoilered RP for pages!
    DBC: *annuerism*
    Bwuahaahhaha!

So hey, Thanqol; I've finally been handed a visual representation of how I want Thistle's hair to turn out;

Spoiler
    Show

First inspired by the OP pic back in thread 3, My Little Girls. Didn't notice it directly, but I've been atrugglig with how to do it ever since. Then some beautiful person (I think Sweetie Welf, but one never knows) dropped this in an image dump.

What say you? Solid?
    Solid! but I did like the braids a lot too.

I'd also like just a little bit of visual clashing in her hair; not enough to throw the picture off, but just enough to hurt the eyes a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    See, soul bro? Everything we touch turns into STARS, SIX OF THEM.
    Again, I believe my stated objectives for this piece were "To do something artsy, mythy and stuffed with in-jokes and OCs to see if I can mess with the fandom". If I can pull *that* off, and pull that off after a RarityDash crossover ship, I guess my next step is to, I don't know, try a human-in-Equestria fic to see how far I can push this.

Huh. Funnily enough, that sounds like my secret technique:

- First, find something Thanqol has done
    - Second, STEAL THE HELL OUT OF IT
    - Third, add in enigmatic magic and mythology
    - Fourth, frame Thanqol for copying my work
    You know, in the Old Days this was referred to as intertextuality and the great debate of authors. Today it's known as RAZ_FOX STEALIN' MAH IDEAS!

Of course they are. He steals my ideas all the time. Like writing about famous detectives, and writing myths, and writing in general. I can't believe he started writing after I wrote something completely different!

Also, my productivity is missing. I believe he stole, as they say in the common vernacular, the hell out of it.
    I believe the history went like this:
    > Phoekun came up with the idea of writing pony fanfiction
    > I steal Phoe's idea
    > darthbobcat steals my idea
    > I steal darthbobcat's idea
    > You steal my idea
    > I steal your idea
    > You steal my idea
    > I steal your idea

EDIT: All ponyfics are various generations of Flutterdash.

Where's that recursion picture?

I'm also on a hella upswing of stolen productivity, I literally cannot stop doing things.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-06 at 10:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    At the risk of negativity, what's everyone's least favorite episode? Mine is Owl's Well That Ends Well.
    Boast Busters and Owl's Well The Ends Well are the only two that I don't like.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

You don't like Boast Busters either? Huh.

My problem with Boast Busters, I should say, isn't Trixie. It's the fact that my least favorite pony episodes are about Twilight Sparkle being awkward.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-06 at 10:47 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

As a programmer, I must ask:

Why is everyone talking about theft like it's a bad thing?
    I dun get it.

Owl episode for me as well.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Feeling Pinkie Keen.

The morals just rubbed me the wrong way. Rapidash Twilight almost made up for it though. Almost.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    As a programmer, I must ask:

Why is everyone talking about theft like it's a bad thing?
    I dun get it.
    For the mock rage! If this is "Theft" than it's the type of theft that's making everyone richer!

Favourite: Art of the Dress. RAINBOW DASH. INNA DRESS.
    Least: Call of the Cutie

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

At the risk of negativity, what's everyone's least favorite episode? Mine is Owl's Well That Ends Well.
    Owl's Well, no contest.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #578

Oh and for this week's ARTS, I'm going to be doing pony cereals. Which one would you rather see

Cutie Mark Crispies
    Flutter Flakes
    Magic Puffs (With Twily, she's coo-coo for magic puffs)
    Apple Jack (with fourth-wall break by hipsterjack)

Wait I said-
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Feeling Pinkie Keen

If not for the end, I would have hated it. That episode didn't feel like the rest.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Oh and for this week's ARTS, I'm going to be doing pony cereals. Which one would you rather see

Cutie Mark Crispies
    Flutter Flakes

Wait I said-
    Sorry, Mah sis it sick. Ah'll be yer rope-demon tonight.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

11. - Top - End - #581

Sorry, Mah sis it sick. Ah'll be yer rope-demon tonight.

Oh boy, you brought the last ingredient for my new Cupcake Puff Cereal. Can you get the hacksaw?

Ayup
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Oh boy, you brought the last ingredient for my new Cupcake Puff Cereal. Can you get the hacksaw?

Ayup
    So THAT'S what she does with them.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Show Stoppers. I don't like the Cutie Mark Crusaders to begin with, and that removed what little interest I could have had in them by making it ludicrously obvious what talents of theirs will get them their cutie marks, but having them be too stupid to notice. Also, the song. I only like maybe half of the show's songs, and that one isn't among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Feeling Pinkie Keen.

The morals just rubbed me the wrong way. Rapidash Twilight almost made up for it though. Almost.
    While I agree that the aesop at the end rubs me the wrong way, aside from that I liked that episode. Plenty of classic cartoon antics and slapstick (which I have a weak spot for), plus the Hydra is one of the few real action scenes in the show, plus, as you say, Rapidash Twilight.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #584
    Barbarian in the Playground

Let's see my favorite episode a bit of a toss-up between Sonic Rainboom and The Ticket Master. I like the former partly because of the cheering scene at the beginning, but mostly because of the triumph of finally seeing Rainbow Dash pull off the Sonic Rainboom. As for the Ticket Master, I thought that episode did very well with showcasing each of the mane cast's personalities, plus, it has that chase scene and Fluttershy trying to get Twilight's ticket.

Least favorite is probably Owl's Well. Sure, it has evil Spike, but the episode really makes me wonder why scootabuse caught on with the fandom, when Spike abuse is practically canon!

Cutie Mark Crispies
    Flutter Flakes

Wait I said-
    Are you sure that you aren't forgetting about one other cereal? A certain Great and Tasty cereal, featuring a certain blue unicorn. Hint hint.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-06 at 11:14 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

15. - Top - End - #585
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi, everypony, I'm just on to let everyone know that the wedding went off beautifully, but I'm dead on my feet. I'm going to bed, so there won't be any more excerpts either. My bed calls!

So, yes, whatever I would say in response to various questions or comments, just imagine the wittiest thing you can come up with, and then do the opposite. That's probably what I'd say.

G'night, everypony!

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Are you sure that you aren't forgetting about one other cereal? A certain Great and Tasty cereal, featuring a certain blue unicorn. Hint hint.
    Colgate's a tooth paste, not cereal, silly-filly (and may not be a Unicorn, too lazy to look it up)
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-06 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Colgate's a tooth paste, not cereal, silly-filly (and may not be a Unicorn, too lazy to look it up)
    He means Sweetie Belles. "A prize in every box because the nice man from the ad agency said that'd make ponies want to buy more."

18. - Top - End - #588

I'll just quote this now so I can answer this when I've got a bit more time guaranteed with the computer.

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Hi, everypony, I'm just on to let everyone know that the wedding went off beautifully, but I'm dead on my feet. I'm going to bed, so there won't be any more excerpts either. My bed calls!

So, yes, whatever I would say in response to various questions or comments, just imagine the wittiest thing you can come up with, and then do the opposite. That's probably what I'd say.

G'night, everypony!
    I'm imagining it right now, and the responses are beautiful, well crafted, and thought out. Precisely the opposite of the best that I could come up with.

Edit:
    Actually, I was referring to Twilight's father:

Whatever the cereal's name is, it's probably high in fiber though.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-06 at 11:26 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't like Boast Busters either? Huh.

My problem with Boast Busters, I should say, isn't Trixie. It's the fact that my least favorite pony episodes are about Twilight Sparkle being awkward.
    It's the only episode I've never been able to get through a second time. Call it a pet peeve, but I have no sympathy for hecklers. They deserved to get embarrassed like that in public, and Trixie didn't do anything wrong (that I remember; I've only seen it once).

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Show Stoppers. I don't like the Cutie Mark Crusaders to begin with, and that removed what little interest I could have had in them by making it ludicrously obvious what talents of theirs will get them their cutie marks, but having them be too stupid to notice. Also, the song. I only like maybe half of the show's songs, and that one isn't among them.
    Does this help?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-06 at 11:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Goodness, everyone is bringing their A-game to the fanfiction front recently. I'm going to have a tough time living up to y'all!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Does this help?
    Only a little. Music and singing are better, obviously, but I still don't like the lyrics at all.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Only a little. Music and singing are better, obviously, but I still don't like the lyrics at all.

Zevox
    Well, it's supposed to be Springtime for Hitlerish, but, yeah, I fast forwarded through it the first time, so I hardly blame you for hating it.

24. - Top - End - #594

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    It's the only episode I've never been able to get through a second time. Call it a pet peeve, but I have no sympathy for hecklers. They deserved to get embarrassed like that in public, and Trixie didn't do anything wrong (that I remember; I've only seen it once).

Does this help?
    Rainbow dash was the only one who got in her face. The others were talking among themselves. After that she challenged them.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Rainbow dash was the only one who got in her face. The others were talking among themselves. After that she challenged them.
    As always, Rainbow Dash is there to turn a minor annoyance into a full blown conflict.

THAT'S WHAT YOUR MOM SAID!

My Mom said you always are there are turn a mild annoyance into a full blown conflict?

... I stand by what I said.

26. - Top - End - #596

Favorite Episode: um...hard to say, I'd say a tie between
    Party of One - crazy Pinkie Pie is just too awesome to pass up
    Staremaster - Fluttershy being both adorable and hardcore? A cockatrice? Sign me up!

Least Favorite: ....not sure really. Wasn't a big fan of Diamond Dogs when I first saw it, but then again, it usually takes me two or three viewings of something to decide if it is good or bad. Half of the importance of media to me is its rewatchability.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    They were in the first row; she could hear them talking about how horrible she was, and RD was openly booing. The crowd wasn't reacting well, so an easy way to get them on her side was to make the loudest neighsayers look like ass hats, which she did pretty skillfully. She wasn't nice about it, I'll give you that.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-06 at 11:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I would definitely say Suited For Success, followed closely by Dog and Pony Show. It's what made me realize that I love Rarity, and share several artistic aspects with her. So, yeah, Rarity is my favorite cannon pony. ^^

Oh, and for you out there, this is the design I'm thinking of going with for my new Pony Sprite for my platform game.

Spoiler
    Show

It'd be easier to draw if only because I don't have to worry about connectors when it comes to animating. ^^ Tell me whatcha think, please!
    So you fully intend to leave the head and feets free-floating, rayman / vectorman style?I can dig it.
    Is.. Is that a sticky-note cutie mark, though? That's classic.

Also, the first time people start focusing a meme on me, and I'm not there for it?

Also, Lix, with my romantic luck, you're not going to have anyone to steal in the foreseeable future.

And yeah, I do have battered spouse syndrome with the thread... but I'll always take you back.

You're the best I can do... sniff.
    Wow, you're beatin' my sense of remorse with that one, man.
    Don't worry though. I'm nice; I'll hook you up with a nice fandom, mostly devoid of porn and horrible humor. As soon as I can find one. Since it'll creep you out and you'll come running back.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Favorite episode: gotta be Sonic Rainboom; my jaw actually dropped when RD pulled it off.

Also, have some Alicorn Sparkle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's something off about her. The proportions, they don't seem right.

A bill permitting the execution of all of the illiterate? I'll sign it, as long as everypony gets a chance to learn to read.

"We've already sent out written notices about state sponsored literacy programs."

Excellent!
    I think this sums up classic Socially Unaware Twilight Sparkle. Good job, mate.

-

Favorite episode: Dog and Pony show. Others are good, but this one takes the cake for me. Not a single segment I don't like.

Least favorite episode: feeling pinkie keen. The story was so disjointed, and I'm irritated that they'll include 'hop-skip-jump' but Pinkie Sense 1)was never hinted at, 2)doesn't fit the setting at all, 3)will never show up again, and 4)didn't even feature very well in it's own episode. The guy who wrote it does sketch comedy, I get that. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

For the thread: game: discussion document, should I post here as well as there? Granted, I'm entirely rewriting my idea because it sucked intransaltion, but for future referencings?

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

There's something off about her. The proportions, they don't seem right.
    I think it's the chin.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Goodness, everyone is bringing their A-game to the fanfiction front recently. I'm going to have a tough time living up to y'all!
    Tell me about it. Between my inability to write due to work and my need to try and match all the fics that are out now, this next chapter is going to take till next month.