New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

The Unpleasant Tunnels

As Barrow activates the night sight visor he can see a small clawed creature scuttling down the corridor, after some 40m of the narrow metallic vent it darts to the left....

Unlike the reports of the large and dangerous predators this one seems feral and lacking any intelligence... as if some sort of guiding hive mind had been lost.

Spoiler
    Show

Waiting for Mikhael to join Gabriel and the Inquisitor

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Yep. We have company. The Sergeant remarks almost deadpan, picking up his multi-melta, keeping the hellgun in reach. He gestures down the tunnel where he saw the creature. Move up. Watch the left. He gestures to one Encorcer. You take point. The rest of you, on me. Although The Emperor protects, He protects us better when His faithful are vigilant. He'll then go down the cooridor.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

The Unpleasant Tunnels

The enforcer looks nervously around as he takes point sweeping some 10ft ahead of Barrow and the other enforcers in the claustrophobic and tight vents. The armoured man slows as he nears the corner, shotgun at the ready as he hugs the right hand wall to get the best wide angle shot down the tunnel where the beast had vanished...

"RAARGH" the feral xeno beast roar strikes without warning from the right! A second one paired with the first regressing to their most instinctive hunting tactics as it ravages the arbite...

Spoiler
    Show

Enforcer's init (1d10+3)[8]
    Crazy feral Stealer (1d10+8)[13]

Attack 1 (1d100)[31] TN 86 (inc +30 unaware) Damage (1d10+4)[14] PEN 4 - damage includes AB and TB

Attack 1 (1d100)[48] TN 86 (inc +30 unaware) Damage (1d10+4)[5] PEN 4 - damage includes AB and TB

The Sanctum of Lord Theocles

The dim lights barely provide enough illumination to serve the Inquisitor and the confessor as they await the arrival of the Astropath to help them better survive whatever perils that await them as they brave the writings of the vile and psychic xeno.

"When the astropath arrives we shall begin the ritual. Begin your prayers now and I have sent for holy ungents and blessings and sacred candles to help preserve our immortal souls for the task ahead as we bessech the Emperor and his divine wisdom for the trials ahead.

As pair wait in the library full of ancient and well renowned texts, as well as some surprising ones several servitors arrive bearing armfuls of ancient and valuable beyond measure candles from Terra itself that the Inquisitor waves vaguely towards Gabriel indicating he should light the tapered red incense inscribed with the writings of various prayers. "I have been impressed with you Confessor" Theocles murmurs quietly. "Your focus on the souls of the men does you credit. Maybe one day you will bear the Seal". The last words even quieter as he carelessly touches a pockmarked hand to the Inquisitorial Rosette around his neck.

The Choir Chamber

As the Astropath watches the two junior choir members being tended by a medicae crew after they passed out following their encounter with magus he hears a faint chime as someone requests entrance.

As the doors open Mikhael senses one of Lord Theocles custodians. A psychic lump of granite, unswerving in his devotion to his Lord and through him the God Emperor. "Master Mikhael. Lord Theocles bids you attend him in all haste on a matter of utmost importance."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Very Well. I will accompany you there now," Mikael says as he rises and moves to the door.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel nodded at the Inquisitor's direction, bowing deeply at the honor of leading their prayers in preparation for such an ominous task. He began with the backbone of supplication to the Emperor ... the Imperial hymnal, given in the sing-song method of the monks of long ago.

"Love the Emperor for He is the salvation of mankind

Obey His words for He will lead you into the light of the future

Heed his wisdom for He will protect you from evil

Whisper his prayers with devotion, for they will save your soul

Honour His servants, for they speak in His voice

Tremble before His majesty, for we all walk in His immortal shadow"

As he finished, servitors arrived with holy candles from Terra herself. Awed, the confessor continued with a prayer well know to the Battle-Sisters of the Adeptus Sororitas, from the Fede Imperialis.

"A spiritu dominatus, domine, libra nos,
    From the lighting and the tempest, our Emperor, deliver us.
    From plague, temptation and war, our Emperor, deliver us,
    From the scourge of the Kraken, our Emperor, deliver us.

From the blasphemy of the Fallen, our Emperor, deliver us,
    From the begetting of daemons, our Emperor, deliver us,
    From the curse of the mutant, our Emperor, deliver us,
    A morte perpetua, domine, libra nos.

That thou wouldst bring them only death,
    That thou shouldst spare none,
    That thou shouldst pardon none
    We beseech thee, destroy them."

Finally, as the Astropath entered, he spoke one more time. "As we gird our souls, daring to tread where only the Faithful may walked unscathed, let the words of the Great Confessor, Saint Chirosius, lend strength to our endeavors.

'I tread the path of Righteousness. Though it be paved with broken glass, I will walk it barefoot. Though it crosses rivers of fire, I will pass over them. Though it wanders wide, the light of the Emperor guides my step.'

So do we journey forth in the name of the father, the master, the mighty, the absolute, the protector and defender of humanity, the Emperor of mankind!"
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-29 at 08:39 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #246

Barrow once again feels the need to shout out corrections at some unseen omnipresence. This time, denying his membership in the Adeptus Arbites. He also feels the need to shout his war record in the Imperial Guard to prevent this mistake, of which he is sure exists but can't find any rational, tangible, or any sort of verification for its existence, from happening again.

Two claws strike the Sargeant. One leaves a cut that the Sargeant shrugs off, the other leaving something far more grievous, but still hardly enough to bring the veteran down. He grits his teeth through the pain.

In response, he directs his will into an external force of telekinetic energy intended to knock one of the genestealers out of his sight. He then readies his hellgun to blast down the next Stealer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Focus Power test (Target 64, Fettered)
    Mind over Matter on Genestealer that hit me to push back 5 meters
    (1d100)[84]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

The Most holy Inner Sanctum

The Inquisitor nods and mumbles the catechisms along with the Confessor as with a faint hiss and the scrunch of slippered feet on carpets and holy wafers the astropath arrives.

To Mikhael's strange unearthly senses the confessor and Inquisitor glow with the pure white glowing light of the faithful while the book in their midst is a dark stain, tendrils of psychic corruption leaking off it like the tentacles of the hive fleet...

The inquisitor smiles a thin smile as he prepares to open the book and battle the vile forces within and hopefully divine some of the vile intentions of the xeno...

If you will continue your prayers we will need your spiritual strength and Choirmaster you must contain the psychic emanations. Uncheced madness and corruption could run rife on the vessel and purges would be required."

Looking at the two he nods... "Emperor give us strength and courage in the face of the xeno"....

Spoiler
    Show

Please choose wahts tests that you think will contribute in sensible ways... then we'll start to do battle iwth the essencse of the beast!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel nodded, continuing his prayers. Hold one of the candles high, his voice rose and fell as he blended supplications to the Emperor seamlessly with stories of saints and Inquisitors, past and present. It was practically impossible to be of the faith and not feel a thrill of pride at being a servant of the Emperor.

"Some place their trust in warships, and some in weapons of destruction. But we remember the divine Emperor. They are brought down and fallen; but we are risen and victorious!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh joy ... another opportunity to fail a roll! Hmmm, I'm going to go with two checks. The first is to find useful teachings of the Ecclesiarchy (Scholastic Lore or Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy) TN 34: (1d100)[93])
    The second is a Perform (Storytelling) check, in order to inflame the hearts and minds of the Inquisitor and Astropath against the unclean xenos threat we face (Perform, w/Inspire Wrath, TN 60: (1d100)[33]).

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

The Inner Sacntumn

As the incense and candles burn the prayers of Gabriel are almost like a hypnotic rythm guiding Theocles as he preapres himself to open the book of the Great Beast and begin to try and divine the plans of the great devourer.

"Stand ready with a shield of thought Master Transcendant" the Lord mentions as a shaky hand reaches for the book....

Spoiler
    Show

Due to the prayers you get a +10% Mikheal on what brand of test you wish to do

The Dark Tunnel

With a sickening crunch and shower of blood the arbite sent on point's head is torn from its shoulders in a spray of dark blood.The stealer looks at Barrow and the other two, shrugging off the psychic impulse as the fearsome Xeno hisses at Barrow and the other 3 arbites before it races forward on 3 clawed msucular legs... claws outstretched.

Spoiler
    Show

Please make a fear test
    Arbite 1 (1d100)[43] VS 33
    Arbite 2 (1d100)[57] VS 33
    Arbite 3 (1d100)[92] VS 33

THe beast is on Barrow and the other man in a flash...
    Attack Barrow (1d100)[63] TN 76 damage (1d10+10)[12] PEN 4
    Dodge/parry (1d100)[63] TN ?

Attack Arbite 1 (1d100)[27] TN 76 damage (1d10+10)[13] PEN 4
    Dodge (1d100)[10] TN 32

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

The Captain gets pretty riled at the fact that someone decided to pass out on his deck. He, of course, is largely ignorant of the genestealers, so sees about shouting at people.

"Where's our Throne-damned medic!? He could be dying, and I haven't given him permission to die yet! We need those sensors properly operated!"

He gets up out of his throne, and goes over to take a look. He knows he's no paramedic, though, so doesn't see about trying to help, and has to really try to resist the urge to kick the lazy bastard for sleeping on the job.

11. - Top - End - #251

Mikael closes his eyes and reaches out to the dark presence, attempting to determine its nature and to be ready for it's movements.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[10] Psyniscience (53)
    (1d100)[73] FL (Warp) (47)

12. - Top - End - #252

Above all this: One thing is bothering Barrow. The complete lack of the sounds of shotguns going off. He yells in frustration.
    Gaaah! Use your guns you fools!
    He attempts to practice what he preaches by firing off a burst from his hellgun onto the xenos
    Spoiler
    Show

((Why do I have the feeling this is gonna be EXACTLY like the battle at the chapel?))
    Save vs fear target 52
    (1d100)[79]

Full Auto Burst at Genestealer attacking Barrow Target 65
    (1d100)[29]

Damage pen 4
    (1d10+7)[10]
    (1d10+7)[16]
    (1d10+7)[12]
    (1d10+7)[12]
    (1d10+7)[15]
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-03-04 at 01:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

The Tunnels

The beast pounded by superheated las blasts topples backwards in a spray of black bile and blood, the viscious ichor splattering everywhere as the Arbites around him all duck and cover, one dropping his shotgun in fear of the xeno...

The bile and acid sprays in a wide arc, portions landing on Barrow's armour leaving deep indentations and burn marks where it lands.

One down...

THe Bridge

The sensor crewman coughs weakly as he looks up at the Captain. Stunned by a massive psychic shock the Captain barely notices the name badge reading Lt Silverthon. The name not meaning anything to the Captain anyway.

The crewmen looks up at the Captain a sole spark of defiance in his placid eyes as his hands move to his belt pulling it down slightly. THe captain can then see the pair of melta bombs rammed down his trousers, the slow countdown reading 29, 28, 27....

The Sanctumn

The book opens slowly and the flames and incense are swept away by a waft of something evil emanating from the Tome. As Gabriel's cadence increasese the Astropath opens up his inner eye, a buffer of pure psycic energy surrounding them not unlike a small Geller Field keeping back the foul apparation that appears to inhabit the book.

Just as Gabriel could not find a relevant prayer the Astropath could not fathom the nature of the foul creatures attacking. EVen so his shield of psychic energy was working hard to keep them safe.

THe Inquisitor flipped the pages rapidly, words and runes of a strange and arcane tongue beginning to appear and dissaparate in the air above the Tome as you see sweat dripping from the hands and face of the Inquisitor as he attempts to read with total focus... "This is not right... something is amiss. I can feel, I can feel...."

Spoiler
    Show

Begin round 2 with any other skill checks you deem appropriate

The Adeptus Quarters

As Victris and Holt stare each other down a red hooded Mechanicus enters- "Enginseer. Weapons alert on the Bridge! and Weapons fire in Vent zz66alpha".

"Engines still operating at 99.97% status but we Warp antenna are reading geller-like particles around the vessel. We are in rea-space yet Immaterium is breaking through?"

14. - Top - End - #254

Although somewhat shaken by the display, the Sargeant roars through his fear with a burst of red lances dancing from his Hellgun and a litany of faith he thought of from the top of his head. By the God Emperor, stand tall against the xenos. Show it no quarter, no mercy, show nothing except your fury and the roar of His guns!

Spoiler
    Show

Full Auto Burst again Target 55 + 20 (full auto) + 30 (Point Blank if applicable) = 105*
    (1d100)[18]

Damage Pen 4
    (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d10+7)[15]
    (1d10+7)[13]
    (1d10+7)[8]
    (1d10+7)[13]

15. - Top - End - #255

Mikael keeps his shields up while he studies the symbols and writings he can see upon the book.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[29] vs 47 Scholastic Lore (Occult)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel felt the pressure wave of something vile sweep over the room, curshing the light out of the candles and smothering the incense. If not for the Astropath's protective energies, the Confessor knew his mind would have been vulnerable to the onslaught of the presence.

Forcing down the bile in his throat, Gabriel focused on the Inquisitor and continued to recite his prayers. His voice was a low murmur of support, pitched to bolster their spirits, but not distract them from the trials and tribulations ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting about for information within Gabriel's nugget that could help.

Forbidden Lore (Heresy) TN 34: (1d100)[32]
    Uncertain what else to try, but will continue to Perform/Inspire Wrath to provide bonuses (if possible) TN 60: (1d100)[9]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

The Tunnels
    The hellgun illuminates the tunnel with a bright red glow as the twitching and wounded xeno is literally torn apart by the blaze of fire. As the blood settles and the pieces of the xeno hit the ground the tunnels slowly quieten.

"Apologies Sir." the lead arbite responds. The response cut short by the scraping of more claw on steel forward and to the right around the corner. Maybe another one?

The Inner Sanctumn

As Lord Theocles battles with each page the runes and writings squirming and pressing upon the shield of psychic force maintained only by the Astroptha's iron will.

Around them the room glittered and flowed with near naked warp energy, hexagrammatic wards on the walls and the holy relics in the room striking sparks as the as warp energy brushes against their divinity. The entire room suffused with something evil as sparksand flashing lights like the ancient terran aurora borealis glittered around the trio.

Both Mikhael and Gabriel could see the runes clearly through the flashing lights and violent discharges and were both surprised. the runes were known to both, runes of the deceiver, runes of the ancient enemy, runes of chaos!
    What could chaos and the stealer have in common? Is there something that they were unaware of?

Undettered the Lord began to read faster, the Astropath whispering a word here or there if he felt he could help the translation. Both Inquisitor and Astropath uplifted and inspired by the loud and strident prayers of the priest as his strong confident voice echoes around the chamber drowning out the keening screaming of the warp presence...

Spoiler
    Show

You are up to 8+ successes now. Congratulations on some good rolling.
    Clearly Gabriel is D&D Bard translated into 40K.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

The good Captain laughs, almost manically, when he sees the bomb on the idiot cultist before him.

He takes one step back, then points to him, commanding two of the bridge's armsmen to move him.

"Short notice, gentlemen, so he can't walk the plank...hmm..."

He chuckles a little, then continues, gesturing with his baton, as the armsmen move him, slightly panicked by the active explosive.

"A-ha! This gentleman has been promoted to temporary Captain, sit him on my chair!"

In spite of the theatrics, the Captain acts very quickly, and hits the big 'Eject' button, uttering the over-ride phrase which activates it.

He stands back, saluting the soon-to-be-deceased 'Captain'.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2012-03-07 at 06:43 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The Adeptus Quarters

As Victris and Holt stare each other down a red hooded Mechanicus enters- "Enginseer. Weapons alert on the Bridge! and Weapons fire in Vent zz66alpha".

"Engines still operating at 99.97% status but we Warp antenna are reading geller-like particles around the vessel. We are in rea-space yet Immaterium is breaking through?"
    Enginseer Prime Victris Alverse

Victris does not take the news well. "OH FOR FRAGS SAKE!" he cries in distress, "Is it too much to ask that the crises come one at a time? Really, is it too much to ask? We're on an Inquisition vessel and we've found a Genestealer cult, Hereteks and now, what? The Immaterium is breaking through into real-space? There's probably a bloody chaos cult in storage hold 4 or something, isn't it? Omnissiah damn it!".

Rant over, the haggard Tech-Priest pauses for breath. As he does so, he takes a moment to collect himself and organise his thoughts. Three threats, two known, one not. The Genestealers are in hand - the blessed Astartes have eliminated the infestation itself, and the scanning of the crew should be complete within the allotted time, assuming no disruptions. The Malgrysians are still a threat and must be dealt with quickly. Cult protocols call for it to be handled internally, but doing so would both disrupt the purge and, with the resources we currently have at hand, present an unacceptable risk of failure. Only the Deathwatch present a significant enough concentration of force not currently occupied with other duties. The other Magi won't like it, but the risk is too great to let mere reputation stand in our way. The potential third threat is completely unknown. Identifying the nature of the threat is primary. Check in via vox, then coordinate with the Astropaths to identify the warp disturbance. In summary: 1. Avoid disruptions to the scanning efforts 2. Request Deathwatch assistance in dealing with Malgrysians 3. Confirm nature of possible third threat. Run program.

Having regained his composure, Victris dismisses the adept who delivered the news. "Please return to you duties, I will attend to these matters as soon as my discussion with Master Holt is completed".

With the potential eavesdropper gone, he returns his attention to the Master of Whispers. "My apologies, Master Holt, for my outburst" he begins, "The Malgrysians are Hereteks of the highest calibur - the danger they pose to this ship, and even the entire sector cannot be understated".

"In light of the current situation, and the resources we have at hand, I'm afraid that the Mechanicus would not be able to adequately deal with the Malgrysian Hereteks on our own, particularly with our own people suspect. I have no other choice but to agree with your assessment that requesting the assistance of the Deathwatch is the optimal response. Take whatever action you deem necessary to root out these Hereteks, I shall assist however I am able".

"I will have all available data concerning the Malgrysians sent to you in hard copy. Assuming that our own data-stores have not been corrupted as well. Even if that proves the case, I may be able to answer some of your questions myself".

A brief burst of binary issues orders to his hovering servo-skull, sending it skittering off back to the Halls of the Omnissiah to retrieve the appropriate documents. Whilst he wait for Holt's reply, the Enginseer opens a vox channel to the Captain. "Captain, this is the Enginseer Prime. There has been a weapons alert, what is the situation?".
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-07 at 08:15 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

The Captain, after launching the cultist into space, responds to the Magos.

"Just a little interior design, squire, nothing drastic.

On that note, I'll be needing a new chair. A big, spinny one, with eagles on. And skulls, too. Plenty of skulls with rubies for eyes or whatever. And comfortable too, maybe Eldar-hide cushions? Eldar make good cushions, right? Right? Maybe Ork-leather..."

The Captain sees about muttering about various insane plans regarding the decoration of his bridge. Was he serious? Or was this a facade?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, the captain is insane. Or do people in his position get away with simply being branded eccentric? Either way, I'll deal with that later thinks Victris, subtly terminating the Vox connection.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-07 at 08:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262

Seeing the Inquisitor fighting back the beast, Mikael focussed his will upon the daemonic presence, striking it down...
    Spoiler
    Show

Psychic Combat, fettered
    (1d100)[65] 67+10

23. - Top - End - #263

The Sargeant hears the clinging of additional claws. He prepares by pointing his multi melta down one of the holes the creatures may come from. Don't apologize to me! Confess your sins to The Emperor through the blood of Xenos. He watches for the aformentioned abominations, readying to fire as soon as they become visible.
    Redemption comes. Make the Imperium proud to call you Man! Form up! On me! When you see the glint of their teeth, send them back to the infernal pit they clawed out of!
    Spoiler
    Show

Get on Multi-Melta.
    Aim if applicable.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-03-07 at 12:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

The Bridge

The cult slave struggles briefly as a dozen strong hands toss him onto the command chair. With a dull whooosh the chair is rocketed upwards and out of the top of the massive ship the pod floating away rapidly from the ship...

Immediately alarms blare as the feared "MASTER ALARM. BRACE. BRACE. MASTER ALARM" blazes throughout the length of the entire ship as the power flickers and flutters throughout the entire ship as the command throne ejected from the ship cuts off command functions...

The Enginseer's section

As the harried ENginseer is contemplating all the problems the massive "MASTER ALARM" blazes as command functions are cut off from the ship and the engine section is plunged into pitch darkness before red warning lights, emergency strobes and beacons fire off illuminating the entire area with red glows and white strobes as the engines slam off line, steams exploding from vents, plasma furnaces firing off as the valves hit the red eyes demons at the WARNING! ened of the gauges...

- Time to test the Tech skill Master Enginseer!

The Tunnels

The master alarm explodes blazing down the tunnel as the tunnel is plunged into pitch darkness and in the momentary confusion the hybrid strikes, leaping out a massive autogun in its hands as its 2 human hands are flanked by a pair of clawed ones. From some 15m away the hybrid opens up on the Sgt leading the arbites...

Spoiler
    Show

Leans out from the cover
    Full auto (1d100)[8] TN 58
    damage (1d10+4)[14] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[5] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[5] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[14] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[13] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[7] PEN 3
    damage (1d10+4)[13] PEN 3

-Ignore damage rolls depending on DoS of attack roll

The Sanctum

The lights plunge off leaving only the candles and the deep intonation of Gabriel's prayers. THe vile warp creature leaps forward only to be met by the psychic mental blade brought forth by the astropath that pins the foul essence to the table as Lord Theocles rears up... "Now preacher, destroy it!" the three locked in comflict with dark forces ignoring the master alarm and the sudden drop in power...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

"Throne dammit!" curses the Captain, opening a channel to the Enginseer.

"Fix that, will you?! That's a good man-machine-thing!"

Spoiler
    Show

+10 to Enginseer's Tech Use check.

With that, he then opens a vox to the crew in general.

"This is Captain Kuchenko, training procedure alpha indigo is underway. You will be immediately evaluated on your performance."

No point panicking the ratings, thinking their beloved Captain is dead, he reckons, as he smiles to the crew on the bridge, cutting off the vox.

"Jolly good show, chaps."

26. - Top - End - #266

The Sargeant takes a full blast from the unusually powerful Autogun, although he remains standing, barely. He attempts to retaliate with a full-on blast from his Multi-melta at the hybrid.

Spoiler
    Show

Dodge target 45
    (1d100)[15]

Multi-Melta Single Shot Target 55 + 10 (Half Round Aim) + 10 (Close Range) = 75

(1d100)[14]

damage pen 13
    (4d10+5)[24]

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The Sanctum

The lights plunge off leaving only the candles and the deep intonation of Gabriel's prayers. THe vile warp creature leaps forward only to be met by the psychic mental blade brought forth by the astropath that pins the foul essence to the table as Lord Theocles rears up... "Now preacher, destroy it!" the three locked in comflict with dark forces ignoring the master alarm and the sudden drop in power...
    Gabriel nodded, raising his aquila pendant in one hand, and a candle in the other. In his mind's eye, he envisioned a ball of light, filled with the essence the Emperor, pure and bright. As he pictured this image, he opened his eyes, shining fervently. Long had his people fought this foe, long had Cadia stood guard over the Eye of Terror, holding back the evil of Chaos. Such battles were why he was born upon Cadia, why he had been raised in the Whiteshields, and why he served as Confessor to Lord Theocles.

His voice rose in pitch and timbre as he recognized the Adversary before them and sought the words to banish the beast back to the depths.

"It is written in the Book of Indoctrinations that 'the Daemon has many forms and we must know them all. We must tell the Daemon from his disguise and root him out from the hidden places. Trust none, not even ourselves. It is better to die in vain than to live an abomination. The zealous martyr will be praised for his valour: the craven and the unready are justly abhorred.'"

As he spoke, the ball of light in his mind's eye began to take form, lengthening into a long shaft of light. He continued to pray, his clear words cutting through the reverbrations in the air emanating from the book.

"In the words of the late Inquisitor Markhov, 'Foul sorcery shall not lay low the servants of the Emperor! The power of the Emperor compels thee and the radiant light of faith abjures thee!'"

Stepping forward, the image sharpened into that of a blade, hovering just in front of Gabriel's face. Raising up both the candle and aquila pendant, the Confessor brought the two together, high above his head.

"Spirit of noxious immateria, be gone from hence, for as the Emperor of Mankind, manifold be his blessings, watches over me, so we will not fear the shadow of the warp ... for we are what the shadows fear!" So it was written in the Book of Banishment, so let the Emperor's will be done! I command thee thrice ...

Begone!

Begone!

Begone!"

With his last words, Gabriel brought both hands down upon the book, eyes blazing with holy faith and fanatical devotion to the Emperor ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Take that ... options sent via IM

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

The alarms blare, and the captain's offhand comments start to slowly slide into place for Victris. Weapons alert on the bridge... interior design... needs a new chair... the master alert sounding... he didn't, did he? He's not really that stupid, is he? He hasn't actually ejected the command throne, has he? Comprehension dawns, and with it, terror.

"...Excuse me Master Holt" he says in precise, measured tones as he begins to move to the door, "but the Captain has just ordered me to fix whatever it was he just broke - no doubt it's something vital and irreplaceable, and we're all about to die! Assuming we survive, I, and whatever shipboard elements of the Adeptus Mechanicus you should require, are at your disposal regarding the Malgrysians". The last part is said at a dead run.

As he makes a mad dash from the Master of Whispers' offices up to the bridge, he tunes into shipboard vox traffic, monitoring the chatter among his fellow Tech-Priests. It only confirms his suspicions. By the machine spirits, he bloody well has! Panicked orders are sent to the Enginseers stationed near the ship's main cogitator arrays and the bridge, instructing them in how to begin the rites necessary to perform a command system bypass.

Cursing later, fix it now! he reminds himself as he tears into the bridge, pointedly not looking at the fool most likely responsible for this newest crisis. His subordinates have already begun removing the necessary access panels, and Victris sets straight to work. Using his Mechadendrites to perform the physical rewiring, his MIU patches him into the ships systems as he reworks the code-litanies to compensate. With whatever attention he has spare, he prays to the Omnissiah that he will be able to placate the machine spirits for these transgressions soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm hoping that Holt's office isn't too far away from the bridge. That, or he was able to hitch a ride most of the way there.

Tech-Use 89 + Combi-Tool 10 + MIU 10 + Enginseer Prime 10 + Exceptional Leader 10 = 129 vs (1d100)[34]

Needless to say, if Victris fumbles he's using a Fate point here.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-08 at 09:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

When the Enginseer shortly arrives on the bridge, he finds the Captain passing round a bottle of (exceptionally good) amasec with the armsmen that tossed Lieutenant Silverthon onto the command chair. He appears to be in a most cheerful mood.

"...well, you see, yes, there I was, power sword at the ready, pointed at their Captain, demanding that he 'stand and deliver' or whatever it is that pirate types say...oh... excuse me gentlemen..."

He smiles upon seeing the Enginseer.

"Ah, my good man-machine, 'tis good to see you!

We had a spot of bother, you know. An assassin-type with a chestful of meltabombs. Well, in order to prevent any lasting damage, I promoted him to Captain. Temporarily."

He points to where the command throne was.

"Now, it's all well and good having waste disposal units firing junk off into the void. Mighty useful when explosives are involved, too...

But...

I do believe that the Captain should go down with his ship. Or at least stick with the crew, and make sure they get off first. The Captain certainly shouldn't be getting a priority escape capsule, not if I have anything to say about it!"

He says this all loudly, so that the bridge crew know that he's one of them, and sticking with them.

"Anyway... I need a new throne. No ejection mechanism this time. I think gold, with a giant gold two-headed eagle, with ruby eyes, yes? Maybe some skulls on the arm-rests. And xeno-hide cushions, since sitting on a throne all day is bloody uncomfortable..."

And, yet again, the Captain goes off into an absent-minded wish-list of things for his new chair. As he talks to the Enginseer (or is it himself he is talking to?), he offers the bottle of spirits to him, assuming that he will want to celebrate the occasion. The occasion being either the stopping of an assassin or, maybe, the decision to install a new throne.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

The Inner Sanctum

The astropath's psychic shield hems in around the vast demononic presence even as the crackling energy begins to flow around the psychic hood that lies beneath the cowl of Lord Theocles's robes.

The priest standing between the two psyckers and the apparation roars out his prayers. The pure faith of the Emperor flowing through his veins as he chants the prayers that have so shaped his life through decades of indoctrination.

As he shouts out the last BEGONE and brings his hands down upon the book and the dark possession within it. His faith and iron will connects with a dark presence within the the foul manuscript and in a blast of energy that shatters the desk and blows the INquisitor and the Astropath across the room the demon is destroyed, its immaterial form splintered and torn to pieces by the Confessor's faith and the psychic wardings and assaults by the other two now lying a dozen feet away on on the carpets surrounded by scraps of floating paper and shards of ice.

THe Inquisitor looks up at the priest a smile at the outline of light around him. "THe Emperor rewards the faithful" he speaks slowly as he pulls himself slowly to his feet and pulling up the Astropath. "I thank you both for your fortitude and your faith. I have divined the path of the Great ENemy. I have seen where he is gathering." Looking about he notices the lack of lighting, the misaligned spiking of the engines and the red glows around the comm's relays. "What has happened to my ship?"

The Bridge...

As the command chair leaves and the bridge plunges into darkness, flickering emergency lights slowly illuminating and flickering the scene as the Master alarm is blaring.

"Plasma drives spiking...""Weapons off line""Bulkheads failinn emergency repair crews""Augers down"

The litany of things going wrong as the captain can feel the ship slowly drifting off its axis of travel as the plasma drives begin to spark and overload.
    Even as the damage control parties begin to respond the Enginseer arrives on the bridge a wave of redcloaked Adeptus Mechanicus. As the half-mechanoids plugs himself into the machinery the alarms begins to quell and more reassuringly the reports flow back as the plasma flow steadies and the reactor heads back to the green.

An hour later and the situation has normalised, the power restored and the circuits rerouted.... Rumours abound about a greavt victory won by Lord Theocles and a shipwide announcment soon to be made by the Inquisitor...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar