Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 656
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere lost in dream.

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Victris

    "No, no! Look, just disable the Tertiary signal booster! I know it... M-master Holt! Err, n-not to my knowledge. Anyone n-not trained to use the scanning equipment is on m-maintenance duty. The ship, m-mighty though s-she is, still requires t-tending to, even in the m-midst of this crisis. W-we literally have n-no spare personnel" Victris stutters out his reply, clearly surprised by the question. Fortunately, his Vox implant keeps the tumultuous din around him from spilling onto the vox channel, but flickers of static can be heard as he continues to issue orders to his tech-priests and servitors.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-01-07 at 05:58 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The Bridge

    The crew on the bridge, all cleared by medical personal worked away atthe banks of augers and cogitators whilst security personell, double the normal amount watched the doors.

    A buzz on the auspex was rapidly relayed to the Captain. "Lord Captain, we have non-scanned crew fleeing into useful sectors. Per your orders we are planning on sealing and venting the affceted sector... but we still have some 212 personell either cleared or unknown in that sector. Do we vent?"

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Master Holt

    Doing his best to listen to the various vox traffic at the same time, the words "void atmosphere" mentioned in conjunction with the sector that the acolytes had recently been sent to grabbed all of Master Holt's attention. His wizened hands set his microbead to the captain's private frequency. "Sir, while I agree that sealing off the section is the correct procedure, I respectfully ask that you delay in venting the atmosphere. My people are taking care of the issue, however should they fail, I will notify you."

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bluntpencil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    "Vent only in an emergency," agrees the Captain, nodding his thanks to Master Holt.

    "Attempt to have your soldiers retreat to defensible positions from which they can use vacuum as a weapon, however, guarding blast doors and similar.

    Attempt to let the infiltrators flee into traps, using the blast doors to lock them in a little box, then either gas them with exhaust fumes, or remove the air. Use your imagination."


    He seems to want to try his plan, which is true. He wants to see if he can get the ship itself to kill the bastards.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The Bridge

    Lt. Solarii's voice reponds over the vox caster. "As you command Lord Captain. We will stand by to vent in emergency only".

    The rets of the crew stand around smiling slightly and nodding as they watch the dials and monitoring stations slowly creeping up to 101% plasma drive and the predicted arrival time decreasing from 105 to 102 hours...

    The Astropathican Choir Chamber

    With the cyber eagle floating around the rafters and the quite muted sounds Mikhael is at peace, until he starts to feel it. A nagging disquieting sensation, ice on the back of his spine, shadows at the corner of his vision. Something dark stirring within the normally serene bubble of the Sin of Pride. A disquieting psychic presence beginning to awaken and stretch its psychic muscles...

    The Chamber of Whispers

    THe message from the Confessor arriving, its a simple matter to begin collating some reports on the two suspect Priests.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Feel free to make sort of suitable test to ascertain your research...

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bluntpencil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The Captain glares angrily at those in charge of the speed of the vessel.

    "Hey! Hey! We were to arrive in one hundred and five hours, not one hundred and two!

    A Lord-Captain is never late, but neither is he ever early! He arrives precisely when he means to, and right now he means to arrive three hours later than you have this damned vessel planned on arriving!"

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Mikael feels the psychic tendrils of something brush against his mind. With a start he opens his sightless eyes and looks around the room. Convinced that none of his choir has disturbed him, he opens his senses wider, looking for the source of the disturbance.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Psyniscience (1d100)[26] vs 67

    That ought to tell me where its coming from, if not who and what they're up to.
    Last edited by rb780nm; 2012-01-07 at 06:12 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Master Holt

    Upon receiving the information from the Confessor's office, he immediately begins attempting to find out more about the suspicious priests.

    Spoiler
    Show

    And now for what he's designed for: Skill Checks!
    First off: total recall to either serve to aid the other research (remember where pertinent materials may be found for instance) or to notice a difference between their masses and the standard mass.
    Total Recall (1d100)[59] TN 56
    And now the Investigation skills: TN 66
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (1d100)[44] To see if anything in their records or reported about them indicates being a hybrid
    Logic (1d100)[23] To look for some kind of pattern concerning them
    Scholastic Lore (Occult) (1d100)[13] Checking to see if anything about what they are doing is indicative of heresy.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by bluntpencil View Post
    The Captain glares angrily at those in charge of the speed of the vessel.

    "Hey! Hey! We were to arrive in one hundred and five hours, not one hundred and two!

    A Lord-Captain is never late, but neither is he ever early! He arrives precisely when he means to, and right now he means to arrive three hours later than you have this damned vessel planned on arriving!"
    On the Bridge the crew snap to attention, orders being relayed back down to the Engine rooms as the massive plasma furnaces slow the rate to a safer operating threshld of 97%. The enginseer secundus Graticus desperately hoping that his master will not have noticed the aberration as he the ancient and powerful spirits of the engines were streched beyond normal operating tolerances...

    Quote Originally Posted by rb780nm View Post
    Mikael feels the psychic tendrils of something brush against his mind. With a start he opens his sightless eyes and looks around the room. Convinced that none of his choir has disturbed him, he opens his senses wider, looking for the source of the disturbance.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Psyniscience [roll0] vs 67

    That ought to tell me where its coming from, if not who and what they're up to.
    Mikhael sat in his chapel can feel the presence. Its cold, eerie and utterly alien. And on the ship. Somewhere near the bow. As he brushes against it his mind recoils in horror, a pair f ophidian black eyes gazing into his and a whisper "We will claim your ship. We will spread our seed into your galaxy. We shall consume you all..." the warnings vivi utterly and pressing in his mind...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure what powers you have but feel free to start psychicly duelling the bad guy- we can always improve some rules/effects



    Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Master Holt

    Upon receiving the information from the Confessor's office, he immediately begins attempting to find out more about the suspicious priests.

    Spoiler
    Show

    And now for what he's designed for: Skill Checks!
    First off: total recall to either serve to aid the other research (remember where pertinent materials may be found for instance) or to notice a difference between their masses and the standard mass.
    Total Recall [roll0] TN 56
    And now the Investigation skills: TN 66
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) [roll1] To see if anything in their records or reported about them indicates being a hybrid
    Logic [roll2] To look for some kind of pattern concerning them
    Scholastic Lore (Occult) [roll3] Checking to see if anything about what they are doing is indicative of heresy.
    The Master of Whispers consults his chartes, tables and secret records in his darkened lair like the spider in a massive web...

    His findings
    Spoiler
    Show

    Although he can't recall them he find some stuff.
    Atticus Brandt: Boarded 3.6 Terran years ago. His preachings have subtly shifted away for the worship of the God Emperor and more into a stable worship of an all encompassing mind. Heretical texts have been access by 12 crewmen IDs that all attend his services - 8 of thos crew have been killed in accidents over the past 2 years. The use of religion to coerce new cultists is in keeping with a Stealer Cult and his secretive actions and behaviour is in keeping with a true heretic.
    Kurt Voss: Boarded the vessel 628 Duty days ago from the ressuply at the Lathes. 66% of the issues seem to be related to poor knowledge of Imperial Creed. Credit checks show in excess of 2800 thrones in debt to unkown sources. The greater the debt the more erratic his behaviour. Likley he is a criminal rather than a heretic.


  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Master Holt

    Upon finding the information he was searching for, the Master of Whispers begins to encode a reply to the ship's confessor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriel,
    My research has revealed something troubling concerning both of the priests you asked me to investigate. Atticus Brandt Appears to be actively recruiting new members into the xenos cult. Twelve members of his flock have accessed heretical texts, eight of which have apparently been killed in accidents.
    Kurt Voss, however, appears to lacking in his knowledge of the Imperial Creed. He is currently in debt to unknown individuals for 2800 thrones. As his debt has increased, he has behaved more erratically. Once the current issue is resolved, I recommend a similar background check on any preachers with significant drops in attendance. Unfortunately, I regretfully must postpone our weekly regicide game, especially as I have procured a particularly good vintage of amasec.
    Holt


    He sends it off and turns his attentions towards the eight crew members who fled scanning. "I want their names, yesterday." If I can find a common link, perhaps I can find some way to quickly identify potential infected...

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel read the encoded missive from Holt, frowning at the results of the Master of Whisper's research. He looked within some of his own documents, searching for anything that might shed additional light to the activities of Brandt and Voss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Heresy) TN 34: (1d100)[1]; want to make sure this is not indicative of something else, i.e., chaos or other some other xenos heresy
    Checking at the terminal, he looked for the next two priests that showed promise for promotion and handed those names over to his staff to research their backgrounds. He also made a note to his staff to provide a weekly report that looked at the performance of all members performing duties of faith aboard the Sin of Pride, focused on the items that had shown fruit in the initial investigation and recommendations by Holt.

    Once completed, the Confessor rose and gathered his robes of office, along with the acutrements of his station. Stepping over to his weapon's locker, he opened it up and stared for a moment at the tools of his trade from his time as a soldier. He placed the chainsword upon his hip and attached the giant hammer to his back. Grimly, he hesitated for a moment before reaching down to gather up the enormous flamer that had been gifted to him upon his graduation from the Ecclesiarchy.

    Before leaving, he sent an encrypted message to Holt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your assistance in this matter. As you are extremely busy with purging efforts and these two individuals fall under the Ecclesiarchy, I shall handle them myself. If you have not received indications that my efforts were successful within the hour, then please accept my humblest apologies for failing and ensure Confessors Brandt and Voss are accorded your personal interest. I expect that the Lord Inquisitor will recognize your skills and efforts during the next senior discussion.

    I look forward to resuming our regicide games upon completion of our mission. However, good amasec never requires an ulterior motive for sharing - it is reason enough itself.

    Respectfully,
    Gabriel.


    Stepping out from his office, armed and dangerous, he gathered his most trusted clerics. "Gentlemen, I have an errand to attend to. Please ensure that matters continue to run smoothly, and provide any and all assistance requested by Master Holt and his staff. I shall return shortly."

    With that being said, Gabriel headed off to the last reported location of Confessor Brandt for a discussion with the would-be heretic.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Master Holt
    He sends it off and turns his attentions towards the eight crew members who fled scanning. "I want their names, yesterday." If I can find a common link, perhaps I can find some way to quickly identify potential infected...

    The adepts in his direct cell report back quickly "The cook is not on the ships offical registry Master Holt. We fear they must be some stowaways or have slipped onto the ship with false papers..."

    THe slight hint of fear in the adept's voice indicative of the level of failure here..


    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Gabriel read the encoded missive from Holt, frowning at the results of the Master of Whisper's research. He looked within some of his own documents, searching for anything that might shed additional light to the activities of Brandt and Voss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Heresy) TN 34: [roll0]; want to make sure this is not indicative of something else, i.e., chaos or other some other xenos heresy
    Checking at the terminal, he looked for the next two priests that showed promise for promotion and handed those names over to his staff to research their backgrounds. He also made a note to his staff to provide a weekly report that looked at the performance of all members performing duties of faith aboard the Sin of Pride, focused on the items that had shown fruit in the initial investigation and recommendations by Holt.

    Once completed, the Confessor rose and gathered his robes of office, along with the acutrements of his station. Stepping over to his weapon's locker, he opened it up and stared for a moment at the tools of his trade from his time as a soldier. He placed the chainsword upon his hip and attached the giant hammer to his back. Grimly, he hesitated for a moment before reaching down to gather up the enormous flamer that had been gifted to him upon his graduation from the Ecclesiarchy.

    Before leaving, he sent an encrypted message to Holt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your assistance in this matter. As you are extremely busy with purging efforts and these two individuals fall under the Ecclesiarchy, I shall handle them myself. If you have not received indications that my efforts were successful within the hour, then please accept my humblest apologies for failing and ensure Confessors Brandt and Voss are accorded your personal interest. I expect that the Lord Inquisitor will recognize your skills and efforts during the next senior discussion.

    I look forward to resuming our regicide games upon completion of our mission. However, good amasec never requires an ulterior motive for sharing - it is reason enough itself.

    Respectfully,
    Gabriel.


    Stepping out from his office, armed and dangerous, he gathered his most trusted clerics. "Gentlemen, I have an errand to attend to. Please ensure that matters continue to run smoothly, and provide any and all assistance requested by Master Holt and his staff. I shall return shortly."

    With that being said, Gabriel headed off to the last reported location of Confessor Brandt for a discussion with the would-be heretic.
    The priests look up from their prayers and devotions as the Confessor garbs for battle. A few of them looking nervous as they offer their prayers and offers of help...

    It would seem that Brandt is preaching heresy. The forbidden texts of The Red Preacher of Offos V" preaching that the Emperor is falliable, the hints that all in concert is better than slavish devoty mirroing the text of the Magus Grakus of the now extermanitus world of Novios Primis...

    Heading down through the ship towards the The solarium Temple of Istavan the Just the guards easily wave him through seeing the weapons in hand and the grim facade on the normally affable preacher.

    Soon the vaulted doors of the shrine lie before him. The stained armourglass windows glowing dimly in the purple light of the nebula as a dozen 15ft tall stone figurines stare down at him.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Preacher Atticus looks down at him from the high pulpit, his bald head slicked with sweat and his voice tight with either fear or pleasure... "Confessor Gabriel, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The adepts in his direct cell report back quickly "The cook is not on the ships offical registry Master Holt. We fear they must be some stowaways or have slipped onto the ship with false papers..."

    THe slight hint of fear in the adept's voice indicative of the level of failure here..
    Master Holt

    The silence following the adept's report. is broken only by the sound of the Master of Whisper's fingers drumming against his desk. He speaks softly and carefully to ensure that the fool of an adept has time to frame his response. "Stowaways? False papers? Would you mind exactly explaining HOW such things would occur?" he leans forward as if fascinated by what the adept would have to say.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel's eyes turned to the statues, then swept across the shrine, looking for any indications of depravity or heresy. He stood outlined against the doorway for a moment when he turned his eyes to the man at the fare end.

    Preacher Atticus looks down at him from the high pulpit, his bald head slicked with sweat and his voice tight with either fear or pleasure... "Confessor Gabriel, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

    Smiling, Gabriel walked forward towards Atticus, relaxed and confident. "Salutations, Brandt. In these times of troubles, I thought it best to check upon the men and women of this noble vessel, to see what they require to sustain their mortal souls. We must be ever vigilant against the predations of the heretic, least we are caught unawares, do you not agree?

    Now, Brandt, what can I, a humble servant of the Emperor, do for you? What need does your congregation have, and how can I assist?"


    Gabriel stopped once he was within a few meters of the man, still smiling and relaxed. He was, if nothing else, a charming bastard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (47): (1d100)[44]
    Charm (60): (1d100)[45]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default

    Mikael claps his hands, instantly silencing his choir. "Brothers, lend me your power," he commands as he focusses upon the presence.

    You are a blight upon this noble ship. I will expel you from the minds of her valiant crew.

    Closing his eyes, Mikael channels the strength of the choir as he attempts to combat the hostile psyker. Drawing too much energy from the Warp, Mikael is overpowered by psychic feedback and he and the choir are struck by the his own jamming effect!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Psychic Combat Mode: Go!
    Telepathtic Jamming(?)

    (1d100)[9] psyniscience, push to PR 6 (+30) + benefit of the Choir(??)
    (1d100)[80] Psychic Penomena Bugger!
    (1d100)[39] Perils, if needed (knock on wood): Psychic Mirror: The psyker’s power is turned back on him. Resolve the power’s effects as normal, but the power targets the psyker instead. If the power is beneficial, it instead deals 1d10+5 Energy Damage to the psyker and the beneficial effect is cancelled. Armour is ignored by the Damage unless warded.
    Last edited by rb780nm; 2012-01-11 at 03:33 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Gabriel's eyes turned to the statues, then swept across the shrine, looking for any indications of depravity or heresy. He stood outlined against the doorway for a moment when he turned his eyes to the man at the fare end.

    Preacher Atticus looks down at him from the high pulpit, his bald head slicked with sweat and his voice tight with either fear or pleasure... "Confessor Gabriel, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

    Smiling, Gabriel walked forward towards Atticus, relaxed and confident. "Salutations, Brandt. In these times of troubles, I thought it best to check upon the men and women of this noble vessel, to see what they require to sustain their mortal souls. We must be ever vigilant against the predations of the heretic, least we are caught unawares, do you not agree?

    Now, Brandt, what can I, a humble servant of the Emperor, do for you? What need does your congregation have, and how can I assist?"


    Gabriel stopped once he was within a few meters of the man, still smiling and relaxed. He was, if nothing else, a charming bastard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (47): [roll0]
    Charm (60): [roll1]
    As Gabriel approaches the heretic leaves the pulpit offering a brief bow as he walks away from the priest to a a small cabinet on the wall. "I am surprised to not have you seen for so long Brother. I had thought you quicker than this.... Opening the cabinet reveals a selection of bottles as he pours a glass of something amber coloured.

    "I had thought of sharing a drink with just you, but that would not be fair Confessor. So I invited an ally...

    As he finishes speaking the curtains behind the pulpit move aside and a heavily cowled form pushes out, a hulking frame, clearly alien concealed beneath the red robes of a priest...

    Quote Originally Posted by rb780nm View Post
    Mikael claps his hands, instantly silencing his choir. "Brothers, lend me your power," he commands as he focusses upon the presence.

    You are a blight upon this noble ship. I will expel you from the minds of her valiant crew.

    Closing his eyes, Mikael channels the strength of the choir as he attempts to combat the hostile psyker. Drawing too much energy from the Warp, Mikael is overpowered by psychic feedback and he and the choir are struck by the his own jamming effect!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Psychic Combat Mode: Go!
    Telepathtic Jamming(?)

    [roll0] psyniscience, push to PR 6 (+30) + benefit of the Choir(??)
    [roll1] Psychic Penomena Bugger!
    [roll2] Perils, if needed (knock on wood): Psychic Mirror: The psyker’s power is turned back on him. Resolve the power’s effects as normal, but the power targets the psyker instead. If the power is beneficial, it instead deals 1d10+5 Energy Damage to the psyker and the beneficial effect is cancelled. Armour is ignored by the Damage unless warded.
    As the Choir send forth their powers to support him Mikheal focuses on the alien presence. He can feel the power building within his mind as he reaches out to crush the intruder until something happens... the power slips and slides from his grasp and blackness descends...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Unlucky. How long does that last for?

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    rb780nm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Based on IttS, I guess one space combat round

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel continued walking forward as Atticus walked to the cabinet, reaching to pull forward the Locke-pattern flamer and placing his hand on the trigger.

    "I am surprised to not have you seen for so long Brother. I had thought you quicker than this.... The cabinet Atticus opened contained several bottles and glasses; he reached in and poured an amber liquid into one of the glasses.

    "I had thought of sharing a drink with just you, but that would not be fair Confessor. So I invited an ally...

    The treachery of the former priest is revealed as the curtains behind the pulpit move aside and a heavily cowled form pushes out. The hulking frame is clearly not human, loosely disguised in the red robes of a priest.

    Gabriel's cold smile disappeared as he absorbed the seriousness of the situation. Words here would be useless; they would serve no purpose to one who had fallen into such depravity as Atticus had, and would be meaningless to the Xenos creature in front of him.

    So without further ado, Gabriel triggered the flame thrower, attempting to engulf both the beast and Atticus in a torrent of super-heated flames.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure that I'll beat anyone here in initiative, so I'm hoping to catch them in a pseudo-surprise round ... things could change if I get totally shredded before I can go! As it is, I don't remember all the rules for flamers, except that I'm pretty close and at least one of them might not have enough room to get out of the way of the flames.

    Damage (Atticus): (1d10)[3]+(1d10)[10]+9+4 = 26E / Pen 4 / Body
    Damage (Xenos): (1d10)[2]+(1d10)[8]+4 = 14E / Pen 4 / Body
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-12 at 06:14 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The solarium Temple of Istavan the Just

    Under the grim eyes of the watching Martyrs the chapel is lit by the white hot fire of burning promethium as the cleansing flame of the Emperor is unveild in all its glory.

    Atticus screams as the flames wash over him his heretical flesh burning and melting in the purifying flames. The coweld creature attempts to leap sideways to avoid the worst of the wall of liquid fire...

    As the robes catch fire and burn away the horrific nature of the hybrid is revealed with long fang like teeth, cloven toes and muscular purple skinned legs and a 3rd vestigal arm ending in a savage claw. A large shotgun is cluthed in the others hands..

    Spoiler
    Show

    Make a BS test to confirm your RF fury-
    Aticus can't dodge and suffers horrifically with 17E damage
    The hybrid attempts to dodge (1d100)[1] TN 41

    Iniative Atticus (1d10+3)[6]
    Initiative Hybrid (1d10+4)[14]


  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The solarium Temple of Istavan the Just

    The priest flaps about on the floor desperately trying to extinguish the flames engulfing his body and blazing priestly robes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Agaility (1d100)[76] TN ~40


    The hybrid darts to the left rolling behind the statue of St.Lucius the benovlent, the shotgun barking loudly as it seeks to blow the confessor away...

    Spoiler
    Show

    He's about 5m away from you

    Attack (1d100)[47] TN 52
    Damage (1d10+4)[5] PEN 2

    Gabriel's dodge (1d100)[38] TN ?



  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel sidestepped the shotgun blast, his lavender eyes glowing with impassioned fury at this obscenity before him. Seeing the beast attemp to hide behind the statue, he let out a barking laugh.

    "Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics!"

    Swinging the tip of his heavy flamer to track the hybrid scum, he continued to recite, his voice ringing clearly in the chapel.

    "The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned"

    Squeezing the trigger, he unleased a torrent of promethium towards the hiding figure.

    "Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.

    For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out."



    Long live the Emperor ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriel's dodge is 41, so shotgun missed (PRAISE THE EMPEROR!)

    Buring damage to Brand: (1d10)[2]+(1d10)[2]+4= 8E, Pen 4, Body
    Damage to Hybrid: (1d10)[4]+(1d10)[3]+4= 11E, Pen 4, Body
    (EDIT: Are you kidding me? An average of less than 3 on 4d10? Damn!)

    Confirm RF rolls, if required (TN 37): (1d100)[74], (1d100)[38], (1d100)[88], (1d100)[87]
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-20 at 07:09 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The solarium Temple of Istavan the Just

    The preacher rolls over on the ground still twitching under a heavy layer of burning promethium. THe hybrid also dives sideways as another shot shell us reloaded into the barrel with a dull "Clunk-Click".

    Spoiler
    Show
    Agaility test (1d100)[15] VS 41


    The hybrid scuttles forward shotgun abandoned, a viscious curved chain blade whirring to life in his hands...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charge and quickdraw (1d100)[29] TN 54
    Damage (1d10+5)[14] PEN 3
    Parry or dodge as you want (1d100)[42] TN 41 or ??


  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel staggered a bit, the chainsword slicing deeply into his left arm. Dropping the flamer, he drew his own chainsword as well. Teeth whirrling, the weapon felt good in his hand as he lashed out at his opponent, trying to catch the xenos-tainted thing in front of him off guard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming there were no parry options, took 8 wounds (3 left).
    Draw chainsword, standard attack
    WS (48) + 5 (craft) = TN53: (1d100)[94]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dam: (1d10+6)[15] or (1d10+6)[16] = XR, Pen 2, Body


    And so, it was fun to play Gabriel for awhile ... Parry TN 58
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-21 at 03:36 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere lost in dream.

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Enginseer Prime Victris Alverse

    Deep within the bowels of the ship, Victris is the centre of the paniced rush of activity as the Cult Mechanicus struggles valiently to check the entire crew for Xenos-taint before the Inquisitor's deadline ends. He looks haggard already, but the situation appears to be well in hand. Not even looking up from his work, he answers an incoming vox. "Ah, Lieutenant Solarii? W-what can I do for you?". He pauses to let the Lieutenant explain her request. "Malgrysian? I t-think I recall hearing something about them. If I r-recall they were..."

    The tech-priest goes stock still, even his Mechadendrites freezing in place. If it were still blood that flowed through his veins, his face would surely have gone white with shock. His expression portrays enough. Slowly, but his voice much firmer, he asks for confirmation. "Lieutenant, are you certain it was Malgrysian? Oh dear oh dear, this is very bad".

    Oooooooh this is bad. Very, very bad. What should I do? Can't tell the Inquisitor, no telling what he'll do. Not when there's no proof there's anything more than a sigil. Can't let this spread, not with the crisis we already have! Too much risk!

    "I'm afraid I'll have to get back to you, Lieutenant. Do not, under any circumstances, speak of this to anyone but Master Holt, myself or the Inquisitor until you are told otherwise" he voxes his orders to the Lieutenant, not caring whether he actually has the authority to do so, and closes the channel. Mechadendrites disentangle themselves from the scanners his was working on as he moves away from the group of Tech-Priests he was overseeing. A gesture sends one of the higher-ranking members of the group scurrying to take his place.

    Putting some distance between the other members of the cult Mechanicus and himself, he searches for the com-bead that the Lieutenant mentioned the Skitarii had acquired. Locating it in relation to the other acolytes, he confirms it's current owner and forces open a secure connection. More orders are issued in sharp bursts of binary code "Skitarii RASR419, this is Enginseer Prime Victris Alverse. The Malgrysian cult is Tech-Heresy of the highest order. Be alert, and note all possible evidence related to their activities. Should you encounter any active members of the cult, or their creations, you are to destroy them at all costs. They are abominations before the Omnissiah and a grave danger to all who dwell with this ship". Satisfied that the Skitarii should be able to act on just that knowledge, and unwilling to disclose more, he closes the channel as soon as the transmission is done.

    Another secure channel, and Victris moves onto the Master of Whispers. "Master Holt, I've received word that the acolytes under your command have uncovered something highly alarming. A sigil related to the Malgrysian cult, a supposedly destroyed techo-heretical group involved in, among other things, xeno-transplantation and the creation of silica animus. How in the Warp is that on this ship!" His voice grows progressively more panicked as he speaks, the fear and outrage evident.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's make sure those secure channels are actually secure, shall we?

    Tech-Use 89 + MIU 10 + Combi-Tool 10 = 109 vs (1d100)[45]
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-01-21 at 03:53 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Gabriel staggered a bit, the chainsword slicing deeply into his left arm. Dropping the flamer, he drew his own chainsword as well. Teeth whirrling, the weapon felt good in his hand as he lashed out at his opponent, trying to catch the xenos-tainted thing in front of him off guard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming there were no parry options, took 8 wounds (3 left).
    Draw chainsword, standard attack
    WS (48) + 5 (craft) = TN53: (1d100)[24]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dam: (1d100)[42] or (1d10+6)[15] = XR, Pen 2, Body


    And so, it was fun to play Gabriel for awhile ... Parry TN 58
    The missionary was greviously wounded by the whirring chain blade and his return blow was dodged by the emperor cursed freakish hybrid. Pressing its advantage it lashed out again at the priest...

    Chain blade meets chain blade however as the priest's combat training kicks in, the hybrid parried and the Emperor's blessing shrouding the priest.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d100)[24] TN 44
    Parry (1d100)[42] TN 58
    Damage (1d10+6)[15]


    As they fought the dying priest finally expired, lungs filling with bubbling and melted tissue, his soul heading off to a cold hard hell...
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-01-22 at 03:50 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Gabriel moved to the right, keeping his hurt arm away from the hybrid. Again, his blade lashed out, trying to connect with the deceptively fast xenos creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (TN 53) - (1d100)[47]
    Damage: [roll]1d10[]+6[/roll] or (1d10+6)[9]= 12R / Pen 2 / Body
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-23 at 01:17 AM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bluntpencil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    The Lord-Captain sits on his Throne, reading the updates from the various sections of the ship. He nods his head, confident that his crew are doing a good job, but wondering how the hell aliens and heretics got onto a ship owned by an Inquisitor. Surely they'd know the fear of the God-Emperor and hide under a rock somewhere?

    He grunts, shrugs, and spins on his chair, contacting Master Holt over the vox.

    "An update please, Master Holt. Keep me in the loop, and I'll do what I can to facilitate your investigations."


    Spoiler
    Show

    +10 to whatever Holt is doing.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Another secure channel, and Victris moves onto the Master of Whispers. "Master Holt, I've received word that the acolytes under your command have uncovered something highly alarming. A sigil related to the Malgrysian cult, a supposedly destroyed techo-heretical group involved in, among other things, xeno-transplantation and the creation of silica animus. How in the Warp is that on this ship!" His voice grows progressively more panicked as he speaks, the fear and outrage evident.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's make sure those secure channels are actually secure, shall we?

    Tech-Use 89 + MIU 10 + Combi-Tool 10 = 109 vs [roll0]
    Master Holt

    "Enginseer Prime Victus, I recently learned of the failure of one of my subordinates regarding the prevention of individuals using forged documents gaining access to The Sin of Pride. I believe that the individuals the acolytes are currently pursuing may be member of this cult rather than hybrids as originally suspected. Hopefully they are able to bring back at least one prisoner for ... questioning. Would it be possible to add a servoskull programmed to check the papers against ship's records to the checkpoints?"

    While listening to the Enginseer's response, Master Holt mutes his end as responds to the captain.

    "Captain, I appreciate your offer of support. If you could perhaps task Sergeant Sirendeous with investigating the fire alarms originating from the solarium Temple of Istavan the Just, I would be appreciative. The confessor went off that way and I fear he may be the cause of these alarms."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what ship's position Emperor Ing intended for him to fill, but arch-militant likely means security of some kind

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bluntpencil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    "Sirendeous?!" barks the Lord Captain, who then moderates his tone when he realises he has the Sergeant's attention.

    "Yes, right, you. Tool up, you're off to the Temple of Istavan the Just. Take some boys with you and some of those servitors with fire extinguishers. Keep in touch over vox, aye? Good. Hop to it! I don't want my new ship burning down around us, you hear?"


    He then mutters something about really not wanting to have to cut off oxygen to the vessel's temple in order to put out a fire.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2012-01-24 at 10:43 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Emperor Ing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ameritopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

    Sirendeous snaps to attention. Saluting the captain before picking up his massive melta cannon.Yes sir. He continues out, looking for additional soldiers or any spare security personell to help accompany him to the temple.
    He also chimes in his microbead to talk to the Enginseer. This is Sargeant Barrow Sirendeous requesting fire-supression servitors to the Temple of Istavan.
    YES!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

    Furious, Mad, Evoker ITP
    Iron Avatarist: One:
    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •