New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

Mikael and the Choir try to pierce the psychic jamming they brought about.

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know when you think enough time has passed.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

The solarium Temple of Istavan the Just

The blade lashes out to tear huge chunks out of the freakish hybrid as it tries to parry with its whirling chain blade, more sparks as whirling chain meets whirling chain deflecting the blow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    parry (1d100)[39] TN 44

It looms over the preacher cackling and rasping in a semblance of Low Gothic... "We broke your priest and we shall break you preacher man" it mutters before lashing out with huge amounts of force, Gabriel just meeting the blow, but losing his balance as he's forced back. The fight dramitically lit by the burning temple around them...

Spoiler
    Show
    attack was in the OOC. Screwed it up but was a moot point as Garbiel parried (just)

THe Bridge

At the Captain's command the heavily armed security chief begins to head down to the lower decks. A rapid transit lift dropping some 15 decks down from the officers command bridge to the lower reaches of the ship.
    A mention from the bridge over his microbead announces that the fire suppression servitors are 2 minutes away and the thermal sensors are registering a 22C increase insode the Solarium thay lies a scant minute away.
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-01-26 at 02:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

A sense of dread washes over the Sargeant, not finding the idea of entering a heated area in full carapace armor that pleasant. Nevertheless, he checks his hellgun, balancing it on top of his multi-melta. When he gets out, he'll make a beeline right for the chapel. The tripod on it already extended and ready to be braced at the first sign of danger.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel growled, his blade moving into a flowing attack sequence. "Breaking a glass vial on a stone floor is no great feat. You'll find my will significantly stronger."

As his blade lashed, Gabriel reversed the blow, trying to catch the beast off guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, famous last words? I hope not.
    Feint (TN 53): (1d100)[99]

GOD-EMPEROR OF CRAPPY ROLLS! This is getting ridiculous ... I hate it when die rolls intrude on roleplaying.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-26 at 08:11 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

The hybrid laughed a cackling mocking laughter at the weak blow from the preacher before lashing out with powerful claws fit to rend through steel...

Spoiler
    Show

claw (1d100)[44] tn 44
    damage (1d10+4)[14] PEN 2
    Parry (1d100)[29] tn 51

Down the corridor Gabriel can just hear the heavy sound of boot treads as allies or possibly enemies are on their way...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel smiled as he blocked another blow from the beast. "Do you hear that, scum? That is the sound of your imminent doom! The forces of the Emperor even now come ... throw down your weapon and beg for mercy from the Golden Throne!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriel has no idea who is coming, but the Emperor protects and he'll use this opportunity to try and intimidate his foe. RP only, since he doesn't have the skill!

Stepping into his next swing, Gabriel aimed another blow at the xenos monstrosity, attempting to take advantage of any distractions the beast might have.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Aim, Standard Attack
    WS + Aim + Craft = TN 63: (1d100)[80]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[10] or (1d10+6)[7] = 13R, Pen 2, Body

Blast it, I really hate die rollers ... and the feeling is apparently mutual.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-27 at 05:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

When the Sargeant is able to get a view of the battle, he drops his multi-melta almost immediately, in favor of the hellgun. Because he would rather not have to kill the preacher as well. In an almost perfect response to what was said, he echoes with his own sentiment just before firing a blast of energy onto the hybrid.
    The Beast begs for His mercy through its actions. The Emperor has answered its prayer.

Spoiler
    Show

Drop weapon
    Equip Hellgun (half action)
    Standard Attack (half action) Target 65 (95 if the hybrid is suprised)
    (1d100)[77]
    (1d10+4)[9]
    Pen: 7

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Enginseer Prime Victris Alverse

Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Master Holt

"Enginseer Prime Victris, I recently learned of the failure of one of my subordinates regarding the prevention of individuals using forged documents gaining access to The Sin of Pride. I believe that the individuals the acolytes are currently pursuing may be member of this cult rather than hybrids as originally suspected. Hopefully they are able to bring back at least one prisoner for ... questioning. Would it be possible to add a servoskull programmed to check the papers against ship's records to the checkpoints?"
    "Why does everything have to go wrong at once? Victris moans to himself, massaging a brow furrowed in worry. " "...I'll dispatch the servo-skulls immediately, Master Holt. I pray to the Emperor that this latest mess is sorted out quickly, and with minimal damage" he replies in a thin, exhausted voice, overwhelmed by the seemingly unending onslaught of disaster after after disaster. A burst of binary on a separate channel serves to suit action to words, mobilising swarms of administrative-tasked servo-skulls that had been sitting idle as the ship's tech-priests concentrated on the scanning of the crew.

The tech-priest slumps, defeated, as another report comes in over the vox of fire-alarms in one of the chapels. Genestealers, Hereteks, stowaways and now a chapel's caught fire. Emperor-As-Omnissiah, why do you test me so? Have I not done my best to carry out my duty to humanity and to the machine spirits? Must every crisis come at once? I suppose I have no choice but to endure. For Omnissiah and humanity. Gritting his teeth against the task ahead, he returns to overseeing the scanning. Worrying about the Malgrysians will do no good at the current time, not until the entire crew has been declared free of xenos taint and resources can be assigned to rooting out the hereteks, wherever they may be hiding.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-01-27 at 08:32 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

As Gabriel lashes out ineffectually again at the hybrid there is a flash of las light as a second person enters the rooms. Clad in carapace as Mechanicus symbols he's clearly related to the Skitarii in some way.

The hybrid hisses and turns tail sprinting through the thin curtain beyond the statue of Garbielle the Martyr of Esteios...

Spoiler
    Show

bad guy withdraws 6m

10. - Top - End - #190

Oh for the love of... He scoffs in annoyance, aiming his gun at the retreating hybrid. Why do they run? They'll just die tired. A crack of bright red lances arc out towards the retreating genestealer hybrid

Spoiler
    Show

Full Auto Burst target 65 + 10 close range* + 20 full auto = Target 95
    (1d100)[73]

(1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[7]
    (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[7]
    (1d10+4)[8]

Pen: 7
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-01-28 at 04:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Glancing down at the flamer, Gabriel hesitated for only a moment before charging after the beast. You will not escape the Emperor's judgement quite so easily ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge attack (TN 63): (1d100)[69]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[8] or (1d10+6)[13] = 13R, Pen 2, body

Here we go again ...

Worst. Hero. Ever.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-28 at 06:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

The Solarium Temple of Istavaan the Just

The beast grunts as beams of red laser sizzle and burn flesh before it bats aside another wild swing of the preacher's chainsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    dodge laser (1d100)[6] TN~31

Hissing and spitting at the preacher as he stops it escaping it lashes out again, this time a massive blow thrown with allo of its might to rend him in twain and so end him so it can escape...

Spoiler
    Show

All out attack (1d100)[76] TN 64
    Damage (1d10+5)[9] PEN 3
    Parry (1d100)[79] TN 51
    -- You've been so unlucky so far its unreal!

The Astropathican Choir

As Mikhael and his colleagues striggled to pierce the pyschic fog shrouding the choir chamber 2 of his colleagues passed out, blood streaming from eyes, ears and nose from the strain. Mikhael was made from sterner stuff however and pressed on bringing his will to bear.

Finally the shroud lifted from him and he reached out for the alien malevolence once more. A shock indeed as he found the alien mind enwtined with the cold hard unyielding mind of a marine.... A wolf's howl echoing in his thoughts as the marine pulled back from the enemy magos's baleful influence...

Spoiler
    Show
    You may reengage psychic warfare again

13. - Top - End - #193

DIE! That is all He asks! He curses before letting loose another burst of the red beams at the xenos monstrosity

Spoiler
    Show

Another Full Auto Burst target 95
    (1d100)[92]
    edit: GJGlhkjaZBHKLUJKGKLBHUMJVDL~!!!!

(1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[9]
    (1d10+4)[12]
    (1d10+4)[11]

Penetration: 7
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-01-29 at 11:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel staggered a bit, barely ducking under the heavy blow from the hybrid. Stepping in underneath the beast's swing, he brough his own weapon up in a sweeping arc.

Faith in the Emperor!

Spoiler
    Show
    Aim, attack (WS TN 63): (1d100)[87]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[7] or (1d10+6)[16] =

Even when the GM tries to help me, I can't help but fail. Here's hoping that my luck on the receiving end holds out, at least!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-30 at 05:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The two melee combatants strugglee together chest to chest, face to face. Arms locked, muscles straining, the first one to weaken will surely be slaughtered by the other... Even the hiss of las fire grazing the beast's chest failed to break the deadlock.

Straining its xeno muscles the beast tries to bend the Preacher backwards over its knee before slicing the whirring chainblade across the preacher's throat to end his blasphemies against the glory of the dark cult... "You're faith will not save you, nor keep your soul safe from the demons that will feast on it as you suffer etneral torment"...

Spoiler
    Show

All out attack (1d100)[62] TN 64
    Damage (1d10+5)[14] PEN 3
    The Precaher's parry (1d100)[18] TN 51

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel smiled in the face of the hybrid, lavender eyes glowing with fervor.

"My faith has already saved me. You are insufficient to test me ... keep your threats for comfort as you rot in hell!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Aim, swing! (TN 63): (1d100)[89]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[9] or (1d10+6)[10] = ?

Sigh ...
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-30 at 03:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Send the daemons The Emperor's regards.
    He fires another volley of amplified las fire.
    And let your example alone show the power of our faith against your lies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Full Auto target 95
    (1d100)[19]

(1d10+4)[14]
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[8]
    (1d10+4)[5]
    (1d10+4)[5]
    Penetration:7

WOO!! Taste The Emperor's fury!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-01-30 at 05:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mikael channeling the power of the choir, sends a psychic lance through the aether aimed at the hostile psyker. As he does so, his visage changes briefly. Had any in the room been sighted they would have seen horns and flames emerge from the astropath's skull. The choir, with the psychic sight, see something worse as Mikael feels a small part of his soul wither and blacken.

Spoiler
    Show

Psychic Combat Mode: Second Try
    Telepathtic Jamming(?)

(1d100)[63] vs 97 psyniscience, push to PR 6 (+30) + benefit of the Choir(??)
    (1d100)[80] Psychic Penomena!
    (1d100)[39] Perils, if needed (knock on wood)

messed up the rolling code...

Rolled 37 for phenonena: Daemonic Mask: For a fleeting moment, the psyker takes on a daemonic appearance and gains a Fear rating of 1 for the rest of the round. However, he also suffers 1 Corruption Point.
    Last edited by rb780nm; 2012-01-30 at 06:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the hyrbid and preacher danced together in a dance that would surely lead to the death of one the militant intervened, a blast of las fire suddenly slamming into the hybrid burning and searing the creature's flesh in half a dozen places and sending it toppling to the ground oozing purple rich red blood over the chapel floor. The blood brushing against the bare toes of Istavaan himself.

The Astropathican

In the strange aethyr between reality and unrealty Mikheal and the Magic battles, Mikhael's soul self igniting into black fire leaving his skull riven face to terrify the alien magos.

The magos recovered lashing out with powerful streams of mental force seeking to crush the mind of the Astropath...

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[47] TN 76

Even as the powerful mind seeks to crush Mikheal the songs of his choir resound within him amplifying his mind and his voice and it wraps around the magos crushing his link to the hive mind and plunging the hive mind into a hundred fragments of terrified isolation- the smaller xeno minds terrified by the sudden loss of the comforting presence of the whole...
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-01-31 at 04:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Hmm. The Sargeant remarks, thinking of how the righteous are anointed in the blood of aliens. That lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Are you alright? He asks the preacher before activating his micro-bead to the captain. This is Sargeant Barrow. Unholy xenos infestation eliminated, survivor located. Assuming defensive positions. Further orders?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The hybrid body fell to the ground, riddled from the incredibly accurate stream of fire. Gabriel didn't hesitate for a moment - stepping back to the heavy flamer, he lifted the large weapon and returned to burn the body of the heretic completely. He also made sure that Brandt was truly dead.

As he stood over the remains of the burnt priest, the Sargeant's words dimly penetrated the Confessor's conscious, causing the man to look up in response. "Hmm? Oh, this? I am fine. But we must continue to purge the xenos. One moment."

Gabriel activated his own microbead, his eyes reflecting the flames consuming the remains of the xenos. He opened an encrypted link to Holt. "Master Holt, it appears that Brandt was indeed a traitor to the Emperor. Upon confronting the snake, he revealed his treachery - an alliance with a xenos-human half-breed that speaks of volumes of the foul atrocities these alien scum are committing. I executed the traitor and Sargeant Barrow has eliminated the xenos. Please note in his record that if not for his timely arrival, I might have met my death at the end of a xenos blade.

I respectfully request a squad of enforcers to continue with purging efforts - recommend flamers and shields, as this will get ugly against very agile foes. Confessor Mandalkan out."

Turning back to the pulpit, Gabriel searched the area for any evidence that might tell him more about the cult. As he searched, he looked at Barrow and nodded towards the alcove the hybrid was making for. "The beast was trying to escape. I would postulate that this leads back to more of his ilk. Once the reinforcments arrive, I suggest we continue the hunt."

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (TN 47): (1d100)[77]
    Medicae, to wrap my wound (TN 34): (1d100)[83]

Okay ... seriously? Combat is over and yet the rolls remain!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-01-31 at 06:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

The Master of Whispers activates his microbead to respond to the confessor. "Noted. I am glad he was able to arrive at your location in time, I assumed the fire alarms were the result of a flamer being fired. I will order the dispatch of such a unit immediately." He subsequently orders the assignment of a purge team to the Confessor.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

"Report to Master Holt, Sergeant Barrow, I believe he has Lieutenant Solarii conducting a purge that may be able to use your talents. Many hands make light work and all that, eh?" states the Captain to the Arch-Militant over the comms.

An extra fire-team, led by someone like Barrow, could help speed along the process of cleansing the vessel.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

As the militant and preacher look down at the body. Blood soaking through the poorly applied bandage on Gabriel's leg. Fire control servitors soon arrive the extinguishers soon supressing the promethium flames.

At the Captain's words the militants micro-bead crackles into life Sergeant Barrow, Enforcement team is en route. Eta 3 minutes.

25. - Top - End - #205

Sargeant Barrow wonders if he's receiving directly conflicting orders. He replies on his micro-bead, hoping to make what may or may not be a discrepancy as obvious as possible. Confirmed, Captain. Holding position until reinforcements arrive.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

The Solarium Temple

As promised in 3 minutes the sound of tramping feet can be heard and mechanoid feet. The fire suppression servitors arriving, foam deployers and gas suppressive systems filling the chapel with smoke from the rapidly extinguished fire.

Coming behind them arrive the enforcers 6 of the most effective arbitrate on board with black carapace, auto combat shotguns and shock suppression shields. Reporting as ordered sir. What now.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel filled the team in on current events, ending by pointing towards the escape route the hybrid attempted to flee through. "Gentlemen, it is up to us to assist our brothers and sisters in removing this cancer from aboard the Sin of Pride. We go in the name of the Emperor, and will bring his justice to the foul xenos that besmirch this fine vessel and threaten the lives and very souls of its crewmembers. Forward!"

Gabriel will lead the group through the curtain and onward, as only a Confessor (or meat shield) can do ...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

The Lord-Captain rocks back on his seat, wondering if he can assist in any way...

"Space Marines have those magnetic boots, don't they?"
    he asks nobody in particular.

"Maybe we could deactivate the artificial gravity in that section of the vessel, to assist them?"

29. - Top - End - #209

On me, men! He shouts as he hoists his multi-melta with the hellgun on top as he follows the Confessor

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

The Solarium

The confessor, Sgt Barrow and the execution squad plunge through the curtain and into the private quartes of the priest. Books, scrolls and ecclesiarchial robes lie scattered around in a vast disarray and the stench of smoke is strong...

Nothing seems immediatly out of place however...

The Bridge

At the Captain's musings one of the senior bridge Lt's looks up at the Captain a nervous look on his face. "Erm... Captain. We don't where they are. They are in the underdecks. We don't have many sensors or controls of those areas..."