New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Sin of Pride IC

Gabriel looked around for a moment, then turned to the guards. "Leave the books and papers to me. Search for an exit and any odd communication devices that might be used to make contact with other xenos ilk."

Gabriel moved to check the desk, nudging carefully through the books and scrolls, with a eye out for the heretical texts Brandt seemed to be drawing his lessons from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (TN47): (1d100)[72]
    Search (TN 19): (1d100)[2] (of course he makes it ...)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

In between coordinating the various purges, finding a way to make papers more difficult to forge, and monitoring the acolyte's progress, the Master of Whispers tries to dig up more information on this tech cult, suspecting the Enginseer may not be willing to reveal everything...

Spoiler
    Show

Total Recall: (1d100)[66] TN 56
    Scholastic Lore (Legend): (1d100)[77] TN 56
    Scholastic Lore (Occult): (1d100)[79] TN 56

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

The Sargeant looks around for any sort of oddities
    Spoiler
    Show

Awareness Target 38
    (1d100)[18]
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

THe Confessor's Chamber

As they explore the Confessor's ruined and messy room. Both ntice different things. Sgt. Barrow notices the large and jagged dagger, still stained with human blood tucked into his locker.

More importantly he notices the small rivets loose under the bed that signify the presence of a small grill dropping into a small maintenance tunnel.

Gabriel notices several things far more worrying. A selection of heretical texts, all suggesting that the Emperor is less than the living embodiement of all the hopes of mankind.

THe Chamber of Whispers...

There is nothing there. Every lead, every cult, every source that may hold some hint of the malgrysian heresy is missing. Even as he traces the data and history files they seem almost to change and vanish as if some sort of techno-demon is hiding them from him...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

Holt curses loudly, scaring his underling as each fear he is cursing over something they have done. The lack of information likely means that either the techno-heretics have gained access to The Sin of Pride's information network, or the Enginseer didn't want the information to come out. The Master of Whispers takes the time to write a note, storing in a location that will be delivered to the Inquisitor should he die. "Geri, Freki! We're going visiting." Two heavily armed, armoured, and most importantly mute and illiterate guards fall in behind Master Holt as he stalks through the ship's corridors, crew quickly standing to one side upon seeing the Master of Whispers on the warpath. He finally comes to a stop in front of the Skitarii guarding the Enginseer's quarters. "I demand to speak privately with the Head Enginseer immediately," he practically hisses, knowing better than to force his way inside.
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2012-02-09 at 05:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Master Holt

Holt curses loudly, scaring his underling as each fear he is cursing over something they have done. The lack of information likely means that either the techno-heretics have gained access to The Sin of Pride's information network, or the Enginseer didn't want the information to come out. The Master of Whispers takes the time to write a note, storing in a location that will be delivered to the Inquisitor should he die. "Geri, Freki! We're going visiting." Two heavily armed, armoured, and most importantly mute and illiterate guards fall in behind Master Holt as he stalks through the ship's corridors, crew quickly standing to one side upon seeing the Master of Whispers on the warpath. He finally comes to a stop in front of the Skitarii guarding the Enginseer's quarters. "I demand to speak privately with the Head Enginseer immediately," he practically hisses, knowing better than to force his way inside.
    The pair of Skitarii share a glance, conferring amongst themselves in Techna-Lingua. "Apologies Master Holt, the Enginseer Prime is not currently present within his quarters. As part of the effort to purify the vessel, he is currently administering to the forward weapon integrity scanners in person. He is not slated to return until, quote 'I either collapse unconscious or the entire crew is no longer at risk' unquote. Shall we vox for him?" one answers with a sharp salute.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope it's okay for me to take control of the skitarii for this little bit. Victris won't be anywhere near his quarters until the genestealer infestation is cleaned up. Too much work to do.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-09 at 09:38 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The pair of Skitarii share a glance, conferring amongst themselves in Techna-Lingua. "Apologies Master Holt, the Enginseer Prime is not currently present within his quarters. As part of the effort to purify the vessel, he is currently administering to the forward weapon integrity scanners in person. He is not slated to return until, quote 'I either collapse unconscious or the entire crew is no longer at risk' unquote. Shall we vox for him?" one answers with a sharp salute.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope it's okay for me to take control of the skitarii for this little bit. Victris won't be anywhere near his quarters until the genestealer infestation is cleaned up. Too much work to do.
    Master Holt
    The Master of Whispers rubs the bridge of his nose, the stress of the last few hours in addition to this new problem beginning to manifest as a migraine headache. He briefly considers his options, and then determines that the ship's computers being compromised takes higher priority. His earlier anger cooling to a simmer Master Holt continues, "Yes. And tell him it is a matter of utmost importance."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, see about finding them, and see about doing it quickly, understood!?" says the Captain rather sharply to his junior officers.

"Request information from their Commanders, politely of course, and offer our logistical and technical support to the Angels of Death, yes?"

Spoiler
    Show

Giving +10 to whatever they do here
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2012-02-10 at 06:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219

Barrow attempts to move the bed out of the way to expose the possible hidden trapdoor. I think i've found something,

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel nodded, glancing at the piles of heretical texts within the room. Glancing over at the grill, he paused for a moment, then made his decision.

"Continue the search for these beasts, Sgt Barrow. Take the enforcers with you, but leave two to guard access to this room and secure your line of retreat.

I must remain here ... your's will be the fight against the physical malady, mine must be the battle against this insidious cancer."
    He motioned towards the books and scrolls, a smoldering look in his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Normally, he'd like a chance to get revenge against the xenos threat, but as a Confessor, his first duty is to the spiritual well-being of the men and women of the Sin of Pride. Therefore, he is going to collect all the heretical texts and return them to his chambers where the will be locked up until he can discuss it with the Inquisitor. He will document the titles, numbers, and time he took custody in an encrypted note, sent to the Inquisitor and copied to Holt.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

@Victris
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to command/RP any low level mooks that are involved in your characters sphere. Just means I don't have to

The Confessor's Chamber

THe bed is dashed aside, by Sgt. Barrow and the enforcer team as they shatter the metallic frame with their shock sticks and the BOOM of heavy shotgun rounds.

A small and dented panel is revealed, beneath the narrow exterior and liberally coated with dried blood is a small chamber, the pipework suggesting part of an old ventilation chamber that contains the rotting and partially eaten remains of around a half dozen bodies. All stung out, their skins kited around the walls like a macabre tapestry...

Spoiler
    Show

Unless you are Jaded please make an easy (+10) WP test to avoid gaining 1 insanity.

There are 2 small vents, just wide enough for humans to crfawl through leading port and starboard from the chamber. The portward one scrathed with fresh claw and scrape marks.

On the desk, amidst the piles of papers you rapidly find a selction of vile and heretical texts. The largest of them, hidden in a false panel within the desk marked with the strange and the bizzare symbol of the rising beast. The book almost emanating a discernible and sinister presence...

The other texts are far more simple in their basic hertical nature and also include a list of a further three dozen or so crewmen, monks and minor scribes that have had contact with the dead priest. Tellingly the other priest is not mentioned. Gabriel does note however with some consternation Lt. Aguila Siverthon- a sensorium crew member stationed on the bridge!

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Gabriel open the big book of doom?

12. - Top - End - #222

Yes. You, and you. He gestures to two enforcers. Remain here and protect the Confessor. For the love of The Emperor, don't touch anything unless otherwise told to. The rest of you, on me.

He drops into the gruesome setting. His mind trying not to be overwhelmed by the horrifying visages
    Spoiler
    Show

WP target 62
    (1d100)[64]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel glanced into the spaces beneath the bed, nonplussed by the horrors visited upon his flock by Brandt and his xenos cohorts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WP (TN 61): (1d100)[73]
    Guessing Pure Faith and Unshakeable Faith don't help here, so color me another failure! +1 Insanity ...
    Moving to the books, he gathered the texts together, away from the others.

One book in particular was disconcerting ... the mark of the rising beast seemed to emit a palpable evil, something he had not witnessed before. Pausing, he studied the outside of the book, his hand hovering over the binding as he wracked his brain for anything from his studies concerning such a symbol.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Heresy) TN 34: (1d100)[11]
    (DrK - not sure if you'd rather make these kind of rolls in the future ...)

Gathering the list, he frowned when he saw Silverthon's name amongst the other tainted crewmembers. After he secured these books, there would be a reckoning.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-15 at 04:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

The Confessor's soiled quarters

The sergeant and 4 of the enforcers drop into the filth and vileness with a dull squelch as they land on the decomposing bodies. In amidst the devastation and filth you can see the port vent rife with scratches marring the metal and recent gobbets of flesh and littering the sewer strewn thin tube....

The enforcer behind Barrow coughs slightly "By the emperor, that's a death trap if ever there was one".

Up top Gabriel stares at the books, still unsure about whether to open it or not. THe mark is not a good sign. The mark of the Devourer, and in the Calixis Sector. Its a grave danger. The genstealer is the precusor to the hive fleets and catastrophic destruction. THe mark here is shared amongst the 'stealer cults that infiltrate, corrupt and destroy the very fabric of the Imperium.

Even the books themselves can be tainted with the lingering touch of magos and the hive mind. Dangerous to the weak willed, even the possession of such a text can start the long path to eventual dammnation and attract the attention of the hybrids and the infected...

15. - Top - End - #225

No, more like a really bad place to be caught in an ambush in. Yes, yes it is. Look for any alternative paths. He says as he looks around for alternate vent-paths.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness target 38
    (1d100)[27]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Stepping over to the edge of the bed, Gabriel looked down again, a strange gleam in his eyes. Gathering his heavy flamer, he aimed down in the whole and flamed the entire enclosure. "Anything lying in wait will be in for an unpleasant surprise."

Once done, he moved back to the books and gathered them together and opened an encrypted link with Holt. Pausing for a moment, he chose to use the special codes created for officer's of the Sin of Pride. "I am in possession of heretical texts of the most dire nature. I require the use of a reliable weapon's servitor with storage capacity, slaved to my control, in order to deliver these items to the Inquisitor immediately. Overrides for servitor control should only be myself and the Inquisitor ... if neither of us are able to assume control of the servitor, destroy the machine and the associated texts and books immediately. I also have a list of three dozen crewmembers that were 'involved' with Brandt, and are therefore suspect in their loyalties. Most notably is the sensorium crew member on the bridge, Lt Silverthon. I leave her incarceration up to you, but recommend it happen immediately, given the nature of the texts I have found and the implications of her making contact with elements on and off board the Sin of Pride. I await your assistance, my friend."

After finishing his request to Holt and receiving an ETA from the Master of Whispers, Gabriel send another coded message Lord Theocles. "My Lord, I am in possession of specific documents that require your immediate attention. I shall report to your quarters immediately. Note that the particular nature of these texts indicates an Alpha-level threat to the security of the Calixis Sector as well as the Imperium at large. Master Holt has been informed of a number of crewmembers contaminated by this heresy, but is not specifically aware of the content of these texts - while my own faith is strong and secure, I feel it prudent to take the lesson from the ship's name and not indulge in perusing these tomes. I shall be in your presence post haste. Mandalkan out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriel will pass the names to Holt, then wait for the servitor, load the books, and go directly to the Inquisitor. For now that should be enough ... even with my willpower and talents, I think I'll avoid anything that requires a single roll for the salvation of my soul. I've got no desire to have Gabriel spontaneously transform into a Magus host or something equally nasty, given my luck with the roller

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

The Confesso'rs chamber

In the charnel pit Barrow can see 3 different other equally small vents, none of which look well travelled. While the used one heads portwards the other three go port, fore and aft.

On Gabriel's private bead frequency a rasping voice sounds over the comm. That of the Custodian Nackal, his lead bodyguard. "Very Well confessor. Lord Theocles will see you imminently. Be ready when you meet his lordship.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

While waiting for the Skitarii to contact the Enginseer the Master of Whispers receives the message from Father Gabriel "Understood, will send the servitor as soon as possible. I will take care of the names on the list." He responds in the same tongue. As events are moving too quickly for him to stand around waiting for the Enginseer, he snaps at the Skitarii guards before returning to his chambers. "Tell the Enginseer I want to see him in my office as soon as possible, or I shall assume that he is a part of the problem." he turns and storms back to his offices, arranging for the servitor to be sent to the Confessor and the lieutenant and other names on the list to be taken into custody almost before he even reaches his desk. Receiving the communication concerning the acolytes, Master Holt responds on the same encrypted channel. "Acknowledged. Debrief them and forward the reports to me, avoid the use of the ship's computers for the information for now."
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2012-02-21 at 12:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

After receiving his responses, Gabriel waited for the imminent arrival of the servitor. As he waited, the confessor turned to Sgt Barrow. "I must report to the Lord Inquisitor. In the interim, I leave the resolution of this situation and command of these enforcers in your able hands. If you choose to investigate the paths, my one recommendation would be to block off those paths you do not wish to search and limit the chances of being flanked. Master Holt is well aware of the evolving situation here, so you options for additional support. May the Emperor guide your hand."

With the servitor arriving, Gabriel made the sign of the aquila and directed the mindless machine to gather the texts and scrolls. For the particularly disconcerting one, Gabriel refused to touch it directly, using a spare set of robes to gather the foul documents. Once everything was together, he nodded to Barrow one last time, then proceeded immediately to the Inquisitor's chambers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless you were going to have the servitor not show up, I figured I'd move along ...

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

The Chambers of Power

THe servitor, mindless, and emotionless and festooned with holy wards and weapons it is well suited gto the Confessor's needs. Following the mute and servile creature he begins the ardous long trek up the spires towards Lord Theocles private chambers.

THe corridors and the straident tones of the choir both rise in height and intensity. In these areas of the ship semi-sentient cherubium flitter about with long scrolls and mute librarians move silently in long robes deep in thought. Heavily armoured enforcers with long power blades stand at the doors. The long halberds and golden peaked helps with long reddish horsehairs reminscent of the pictographs of the Emperor's own custodes.

One of them close to the inner sanctum looks at the Confessor. "You are expected Confessor. Please place all your weapons in the trunk and subject yourself to a security scan."

Assuming Gabriel acquieces two mute and blind servants approach, long fingers plugged and linked into the scanners as they find no objects of danger on the confessor and wave him forward.

The doors lead into the Inquisitirs private viewing gallery. A vast open atrium with an armouglass ceiling giving a dramatic view of some of the towering 80ft statues of the Saints of the Imperium lining the spine of the ship and the whirling star filled nebula beyond. Shelves packed with all manner of texts ine the walls and a huge desk dominates the centre of the room.

Gabriel's eyes scan the massive selections of scrolls and books that line the walls. Many centuries if not millenian old, some surrounded in dull blue glowing stasis fields to preserve their fragile nature. Even more surprising some of them seem to border on the heretical! Books banned millenia in the past as the Imperium and the Ecclesiarchy change their doctrines.

As he waits a hidden door behind some rich velvet curtains opens and the Inquisitor shuffles in. The hunched and cowled figure always surrouned with an strange an sublime aura of menace. "Yes Confessor.? Reports suggest you have been cleaning your own house even as the ship is purged and the Astartes bring fire and death to the vile infestation".

"What is it that you deemed so important it was necessary to circumvent your Lord-Captain and bring it my attention?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gabriel stood straight, his lavender eyes piercing and bright. "The Lord-Captain is responsible for the well being of this ship, and ensuring that the officers aboard serve the Emperor's will through your direction and leadership. I, however, am responsible for the sanctity of faith and the safety of the souls that toil aboard this vessel. In that regard, I refuse to endanger more of the crew than absolutely necessary to deal with threats such as I have found, and I accept few Masters when the situation is as dire as I deem.

The genestealer cult seems to be much more insidious and pronounced then first we estimated. The presense of these beasts is cause enough for concern and the required purgings. The discovery of certain texts, however, speak of a greater depth to the evil than I, or any of us, originally predicted."

Gabriel stepped over to the servitor and removed the books, setting them down on the closest clear table or desk. "By cross-referencing Master Holt's investigative efforts and my review of discrepancies related to recent ministrations, we determined that Atticus Brandt was guilty of heresy against the Emperor. When I approached Brandt, he surprised me with a companion, a foul hybrid creature that almost ended my service to the Emperor. In my hubris, I did not anticipate that Brandt would be waiting for my eventual discovery of his deeds. That being said, Atticus Brandt is no more, nor did his abominable ally survey the combined efforts of myself and Sgt Barrow.

Upon searching his room, we found more damning evidence, most of which I will not bore you with since Master Holt will undoubtedly provide exquisite detail in his daily and after-action reports. What is germaine to our current discussion are these texts and scrolls."

As Gabriel set each book down, he identified them.

"The forbidden New World Order texts of the Red Preacher of Offos V. Sixteen volumes of Life Beyond the Emperor by Magus Grakus. The unnamed scrolls of Traxius V.

Gabriel continued to identify the heretical documents, until finally he came to the last, wrapped in robes.

"My Lord, these texts are deadly in the wrong hands, and raise great concerns for myself, as I'm sure they do for you, but even these would not bring me you directly. This last text, however, is most disturbing. It eminates a palpable evil, and while I have no doubt in my faith to the Emperor, I was taught the lesson of the sin of pride in my confrontation with Brandt's bestial companion." Glacing down at his mangled arm, Gabriel looked back to the Inquisitor and unfolded the book. "I do not know if this is the original, but I simple call this document the Rise of the Beast, and I shudder at the alien mind that most likely wrote it. I humbly request the utmost caution in dealing with this ... thing, for it seems to be alive, in a manner."

Gabriel bowed his head and stepped back to allow the Inquisitor better access to the documents.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose we find out if Gabriel pays the price for being the messenger of such tidings ... or if the Inquisitor is actually a powerful Genestealer Magos in his own right who has simply sacrificed other elements of his cult to placate the truly faithful forces aboard the ship.

But no DM would do that, right?
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-25 at 02:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

The Master of Whispers decides to give the chief enginseer one last chance before denouncing him as involved with the tech heresy that has been discovered on board. Pulling a sheet of parchment from his desk, he writes a note, folds it, and seals the edge with wax, stamping the still warm wax with his personal seal. "Page!" he bellows at the pages who have been raised from birth to be loyal to him. "Take this to the forward weapons area, and deliver this personally to the Enginseer." The child runs off as if a grox where chasing him while carrying the note.

Note's contents:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enginseer,
    Computer systems compromised. Need to meet with you immediately.
    Master of Whispers

23. - Top - End - #233

Against his better judgement, Sargeant Barrow doubts that any of the other three paths will lead anywhere. He also wonders if barricading the other paths would be just a waste of time, as such creatures could probably effortlessly tear through most barricades.
    Form up. Watch my flanks. The Sargeant directs as he sets up his multi-melta to fire a burst of supercharged microwaves down the tunnel, and possibly vaporize whatever could be waiting for them.

Spoiler
    Show

Bracing Multi-Melta, firing single shot down tunnel

Targeting nothing in particular, no ballistic test should be required

damage Pen 13
    (4d10+5)[27]
    9 shots remaining

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

The shadowy heart of the vessel

THe inquisitor sat behind his desk with Gabriel stood opposite him on the desk, the heretical texts on the table between them. As Gabriel speaks he can almost feel the lights dimming and a palpable sens of danger encroaching.

As he finishes his speech the inquisitor's beady eyes focus on the Confessor with a force like a thunderhammer. "You have done... the pause seemed like a lifetime to Gabriel as the executioner's axe slowly hung above him... "Perfectly. The soul of the men is far more important than the chain of command. To expose any of the crew in this matter would be of far greater a danger. I know I can trust Holt to keep this matter discreet."

He looks at the book and you can see the temptation burning in the otherwise cold and dead eyes. "Some times the evil must be confronted Confessor. We will prepare for this carefully you and I. If we will dare to do this we must gird our souls and purify ourselves before the danger truly begins...."

Spoiler
    Show
    Will you be confronting the awakening of the beast with the Inquisitor or finding a way to back out?

As the inquistor speaks into his private comms a message slowly filters through to the Astropathican Choir chamber as Mikhael receives a priorty:INDIGO summons to the Inquisitors private chambers.

The Sewers

Fire rages in the access tunnels as alarms sound, vents burst and superheated steam explodes and shoots into the shaft and the emergency bulkheads slam into place.

The two enforcers look at the Skitarii as the bulkheads slam in place before the flames reach them. "Well Sgt. What now?". The other on looks down another tunnel, "Sgt. Can you hear something down this tunnel?..."

The Bridge of the Sin of Pride

The bridge is still a scene of quiet contemplative action. The sensorium crew monitoring the displays from the augers and the weapon teams recalibrating the plasma batteries.

THe flight status board now reads green once more as do the all important monitors and the harried works of hundreds of tech priests down in the heart of the ship transimitting their reports on the state of the ancient warp drive in the depths of the vessel.

The only thing that may possibly mar the clean and organised calm is that of the internal security teams reporting narrow misses of sabotage, firefights in maintenance vents and the huge explosions and other large scale munitions going on in the forward and sealed off underdeck sections.

As the reports from the Kill Team continue to filter in one of the sensorium officers collapses forward, head banging off the console as the young officer pitches forward off his stool...
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-02-25 at 04:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Enginseer Prime Victris Alverse

Not long after the message is dispatched, a knocking sounds upon the door to the Master of Whispers' door. Too short a time, in fact, for the page to have travelled all the way to the forward weapons bays, let alone the trip back.

A head emerges from behind the door, followed shortly by the rest of the thoroughly exhausted Enginseer Prime. "Master Holt?" Victris inquires hesitantly, "I a-apologise for the d-delay. You needed to t-talk?". The Tech-Priest seems dead on his feet, his robes and hair dishevelled and stained with oil and grease, the bags under his eyes indicating a severe lack of sleep. He shuffles into the office, massaging his brow as if to avert an oncoming headache. "I-is it about the Malgrysians? P-please say it's not the Malgrysians".

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure we're a good way through the scanning process, and Victris has likely been running himself ragged.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-25 at 05:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

He cannot explain it, but somehow he feels the need to scream out to some cosmic omnipotence how he is not, and never has been a member of the Tech Guard. Regardless, he swivels his multi-melta down the tunnel, gesturing for silence as he attempts to listen for...something. Damn those alarms.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness dc 38
    (1d100)[5]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

Not long after the message is dispatched, a knocking sounds upon the door to the Master of Whispers' door. Too short a time, in fact, for the page to have travelled all the way to the forward weapons bays, let alone the trip back.

A head emerges from behind the door, followed shortly by the rest of the thoroughly exhausted Enginseer Prime. "Master Holt?" Victris inquires hesitantly, "I a-apologise for the d-delay. You needed to t-talk?". The Tech-Priest seems dead on his feet, his robes and hair dishevelled and stained with oil and grease, the bags under his eyes indicating a severe lack of sleep. He shuffles into the office, massaging his brow as if to avert an oncoming headache. "I-is it about the Malgrysians? P-please say it's not the Malgrysians".

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure we're a good way through the scanning process, and Victris has likely been running himself ragged.
    Master Holt

The Master of Whispers raises his right eyebrow at the Enginseer's initial comment. "Why? Are you afraid I have discovered your involvement in their group?" he asks, vainly looking for a response that would indicate the tech-priest is lying. Not being as familiar with his ilk, Holt has does not know what signs to look for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that this is needed, but for flavor wise: Scrutiny (1d100)[100] TN 40... glad that wasn't an important roll...
    Last edited by Caimheul; 2012-02-26 at 11:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caimheul View Post
    Master Holt

The Master of Whispers raises his right eyebrow at the Enginseer's initial comment. "Why? Are you afraid I have discovered your involvement in their group?" he asks, vainly looking for an emotional response from the no longer completely biological tech-priest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that this is needed, but for flavor wise: Scrutiny [roll0] TN 40... glad that wasn't an important roll...

"W-W-W-WHAT!?" Victris splutters, taken aghast at the sudden accusations as he stumbles backwards, eyes wide and caught halfway between terror and outrage. "I-I-I AM N-N-NOTHING, NOTHING T-TO D-D-DO WITH T-T-T-THOSE HERETEKS!!!" he practically screams in shock and fear. He doesn't seem like he knows whether to run and hide, or berate Holt for what he just said. But running would be useless, and outrage wins out. "H-H-HOW D-D-DARE YOU A-ACCUSE ME OF H-H-HAVING A-ANYTHING, ANYTHING TO D-DO WITH THOSE MONSTERS!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!".

Spoiler
    Show
    Victris is actually quite biological still. On the surface at least, the only obvious augmetics you can probably see are his Mechadendrites, possibly his eyes and vox implent if you look really closely. Internally is another story, mind you.

He's also a lot more emotive than most Tech-Priests. Getting an emotional response from him isn't particularly hard. And in this case, he's exceptionally offended. And scared, don't forget scared.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-25 at 06:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Master Holt

The Master of Whispers is seemingly unmoved be the emotional display from the enginseer. "Enginseer, I dare because the acolytes have discovered a cell of them along with servitors in the lower decks, and when I tried to research the group I discover that all references to them have been deleted from the ships systems. So I ask you, how would they have gotten access to our systems? It may be you have a traitor in your staff, and I had to be sure it was not you. If there is a traitor in your staff, it would also explain how they got on the ship in the first place. I have currently advised my staff to avoid uploading new data regarding the cult into the ship's computers for the time being. Now. How do you propose we deal with the nest that has been discovered? Personally I am inclined to involve the Astartes, but I am coming to you first as this is a tech heresy." He sits back and silently reholsters the inferno pistol he had been holding under his desk.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    He looks at the book and you can see the temptation burning in the otherwise cold and dead eyes. "Some times the evil must be confronted Confessor. We will prepare for this carefully you and I. If we will dare to do this we must gird our souls and purify ourselves before the danger truly begins...."
    Gabriel nodded, standing stock still under the weighty gaze of the Inquisitor. What the man was suggesting would be deemed heresy in and of itself, in certain circles. Monsters we are, least monsters we become ... often the mantra of the radicals. However, without understanding the foe they faced, mankind could be on the verge of extinction, unknowing of the precipice upon which they stood.

Gabriel would break no oaths to the Emperor, nor was he quite ready to commit fully to the path of ends justifying the means. However, in this particular test, he would stand by the Inquisitor's side and aid the man in whatever battles they faced. He would watch closely for any signs of weakness, to ensure the evil did not spread.

And if necessary, he would be the one to plunge his chainsword into the wizened man's heart.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hadn't really made a decision on which way Gabriel leans on this matter, but I figure he is much more about his own faith than other's perceptions ... which seems to be prime territory for the radically minded ...