New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, the Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

---

So, on this gloomy afternoon, let the story continue. Phoenix Town has become the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, because each plotting side is wholly unaware of the extent of the other's plans. Sometimes they don't know what they themselves are doing, such is the danger of wild cards within one's own ranks.

One such wild card has made his move, and kidnapped men and women using hollow servants, will these innocent bystanders be rescued in time?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

"It will not matter to you, soon you will be nothing but a snack to me, little one."

Doompine rips more of the path apart, roaring ferally. "The endless void shall be your tomb!"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi looks at him. "...not purifying a Hollow is no kindness. But I'll let it choose."
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "It told us to wait, not to stop. It might actually want to be purified so let's not try to unnecessarily intimidate it and just listen to it instead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. with Longlegs]

Longlegs waits patiently as the children speak, settling in on the ground in a manner reminiscent of a dog. When they finally seem to reach a consensus, it unwraps its legs and rises to its full height before speaking. It addresses Kaito first, before including the entire group. It's voice is still oddly soft, and it frequently pauses as it talks.

"The man...who took your parents. Tsukino Hiroto. Loves...Hollows. Catches us. Forces us to...obey. Machines...like mine. The machines...connected to...glove. He works for...others. Don't know more. Caught...recently. Beware...Doompine. Strongest of us...on this mission. He is like...tree. Fights with vines...regenerates in sun. Strong."

The Hollow shakes its head as if to clear it.

"I am...lucid. Maybe effect of...machine. Maybe...not. Wearing...off. Shinigami..."

It turns to Izumi.

"...I am ready. Do it quickly. Back to normal...soon."
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Well, there ya go. No need to browbeat it," said Ken as he turned slightly to his comrades while still keeping Longlegs in view. Then he shifted his gaze back to the hollow. "Thanks for helping us out."
    [Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. with Longlegs]

Kaito's expression was cold, almost cruel, as he released Ken and suddenly froze Longlegs in place with his TK. If the others gave him questioning looks, he returned them flatly.

"Insurance. Izumi. You heard the beast. Do it. Now. We still have people to save."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

And within the Venti Buon, Hasunaga continues to speak to Carmelia, and sipping his coffee.

Mmmmmmmm. Coffee.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Fractured Group]

Nakahiro is conflicted by the situation. Both of his teammates were having a lot of difficulty. Valeria showed it more, but it was clear that Sayaka was struggling with the situation as well. He listens, solemnly, as Sayaka establishes her views on what their next course of action should be. At the end, he shakes his head, once.

"No way. The last thing we should do is split up even more. Valeria's faster than I am; with her head start there's no way I could catch up. She's also heading towards the others. She'll be safe once she reaches them. Besides, I'm almost out of energy. I need a few minutes to recharge before I can really use my powers again. Take a minute to...ah...I mean, if you need to, then we'll go after her."
    Of course Nakahiro would stay around with her. He probably thought she needed to be protected more. Sayaka took a deep shuddering breath and released it, and wiped her eyes.
    "Sorry. I'm fine. . I did something stupid. I trust Valeria, and I trust you...this isn't an easy thing for us to do though. I don't know if everyone knows..."
    They knew, she realized with guilt. Of course they knew it was dangerous. Why did she want to treat her classmates like children? She looked shyly at Nakahiro as she composed herself. Of course they knew, they had fought together at the gym. Even if she couldn't remember that exactly. Even Michiko sempai was there then. Even if Sayaka couldn't remember everything, of course that's when she had met them. Just as school was starting, right?
    She wasn't certain. But she couldn't look down on them. That was something she had been doing she realized.
    "I'm sorry Nakahiro. I've been acting like an idiot. I want to apologize. I want to apologize to Valeria too."
    These hollows are acting very strange. I...don't remember how besides they are too...talkative? No.
    But this whole situation feels wrong.
    Like..."
    When I was attacked.
    "Is it a trap? If it's a trap, it hasn't worked yet. I think. But we haven't found the kidnap people too."

She realized again she wasn't thinking about him. With some embarrassment she looked guiltily at Nakahiro. She walks back to Nakahiro.
    "Sorry, are you ok? I can help with your energy maybe..." She offers her hand with some embarrassment.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "It will not matter to you, soon you will be nothing but a snack to me, little one."

Doompine rips more of the path apart, roaring ferally. "The endless void shall be your tomb!"
    Sora hated the plant Hollow with a passion. Not just because it was trying to kill him - Kami no, plenty of people did that on a regular basis. But because it made him feel... powerless. He couldn't blast his way out, hell he couldn't even punch the stupid thing because he wasn't sure what would happen if he left the pathway. It all felt so... useless, to him right now.

"Man kid, you really don't like to pick the easy ones do ya?"

"Where would the fun be in that voice?"

"Heh. I like you kid. We'll get along well over the years."

The boy chuckled under his breath, eying the Hollow. He didn't have many options right now, but he needed to get Val's location before he ripped it to pieces.

A tinge of red covered his cheeks.

Not because he was looking forward to the date or anything. No. It was because she was one of his new maybe friends. That was it. It would be stupid to look forward to something he set up on accident. And Sora never did stupid things ever.

...Okay maybe he was looking forward to the date just a little bit.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"What the heck are doing? Use your airwalking! Don't rely on the path, just take in the reishi around you to sustain yourself!"

Gabi swings at Doompine, shooting four tiny dart-like feathers.

Probability of success, zero. He is just too small.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #8

Sora gaped at the bird. He could do that? Then maybe, just maybe... He had a plan.

"I was waiting for you birdbrain. Thought you were going to continue your interrogation. Now that I see it's through..."

Energy crackled around his hand, but it was... different, somehow. Rather than the way his Cero sparked erratically, this energy seemed concentrated, twisting according to the living Arrancar's will.

Drawing his energy to create a path to the Hollow, he rushes forward, drawing back his arm for a punch, the energy crackling and blasting off his arm in bounds.

"In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't try out new techniques in the middle of a fight, specifically ones that bind explosive powers into small bundles."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Draken's terminology rant
    Spoiler
    Show

It's been awhile since I did this, but here it goes.

Reishi = Spirit Particles. Spiritual matter found in the air, specially so in the Void. This is what Shinigami, Hollows and Quincy use to airwalk, this is what makes up their spiritual bodies. This is what quincy gather up (primarily) to shape their bows and arrows. This is also what makes up all objects of the spirit worlds.

Reiryoku = Spiritual Energy. This is what a cero, bala, kido, reiatsu (spiritual pressure) and a number of special attacks are made of.

End Rant.

"Yes, because clearly the hollow isn't attacking. Listen derpface, Wild Hollows don't sit down with you and discuss like gentlemen and proper ladies. You either beat sense into their thick skulls or get rid of them if they are too bull-headed to be useful. That is the way of the Menos!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

[The Void]

Doompine ignores the feathers Gabi shot.

With an idle vine before Sora's approach, Doompine pulls out a humanoid form from its ferns... that of who could presumably be Kaito's father. The creature holds him upside down, by his legs, like a shield.

"Stop, or I'll drop him. And even if you hit me, the rest are inside my foliage. Would you risk harming them?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #11

Sora froze, the reiryoku in his hand vanishing in a flash. He couldn't do it. He couldn't attack knowing that people he knew, people his best friend cared about were in there. Hell, he probably couldn't have attacked even if it was just Kaito's father.

"Che. Hollows like you really are the worst. Hiding behind others to help yourself live." He didn't bother looking at Doompine, preferring to direct his gaze at the vines the Hollow used, looking for any sign of anybody inside of them.

"Can't run, can't fight, can't die. This sure was a great idea Sora. Maybe next time you could have a fight on top of a collapsing building! Or inside of one! Nothing could go wrong after what happened here!"

"...Kid you have some serious issues."

"I'm also crazy, so that makes all this even better!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi flits his wings further, and glares down at Doompine.

Or rather, glares under him, gathering a large vortex of reishi to form a large flat surface underneath them, an hemisphere at least sixty feet in diameter.

"There! He can't drop them anymore. And if you worry about the mortals, them just aim for the mask!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

[Void]

...Sora can't actually be 100% sure where Doompine's mask is, it's hidden under the pines. "He wouldn't dare, the mortals never do. You're next, little one." The vine holding Kaito's father retracts, and the man disappears into the 'foliage' once more.

Doompine roars again, sending vines snapping at Sora. "You and the other hollow child will make excellent meals after this is over!"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-09 at 11:17 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #14

You might have almost heard a crack in the back of Sora's head. But you wouldn't, because it was only in his mind. Morals, honor, all that Elder had been teaching him flew out the back, and his right hand, something shimmered. A shape.

A sword.

"Like I said... Hollows like you really %&^$ing bug me!"

A sprint forward, avoiding a few of the vines, getting hit by others. He doesn't notice the pain. He doesn't notice anything except that bastard's trunk.

A jump. A sword that continued to materialize.

A stabbing motion towards it's trunk. A fully materialized blade entering Doompine.

"In a perfect world, that would've worked on the others. They would've been here, Hollow, not me. But the world's not perfect. And I'm nothing like the others."

In his speech he misses something. Something important.

The blood trickling out of Doompine's vines.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-09 at 11:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

[Void]

Sora might also miss the muffled scream in his monologue. Doompine roars again, a powerful vine batting Sora away, towards the platform Gabi created. The hollow doesn't bother with a rebuttal, now lashing at the platform below with berserk abandon.

In the action, the two might not notice the stealthy garganta opening... and a small object passing through, then falling on the reishi terrain with a beep.

It looks suspiciously like a grenade.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-09 at 11:42 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #16

Sora lands on the platform with a groan, sword still in hand. He looks at it, slightly dazed. "What the...?"

"No time for that kid! Go!"

He staggers to his feet, eying Doompine carefully.

"What's the matter Hollow? Don't like the feeling?"

He moves, or rather, vanishes, for once actually using Sonido properly, reappearing next to some of the Hollow's vines, sword slicing downwards at several of them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi's reiatsu goes up in short flares as he gathers more and more reishi to repair the platform.

But for the grenade, there is an easier solution, Gabi tilts the hemisphere to the side, making the object slide to the edge.

"Don't cut too deep and find the bloody mask!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately for Gabi, whoever threw the grenade was at least well-versed in its operation, and not long after it lands, it explodes into a disorienting pulse of energy not unlike the effects of reiatsu. It does put the explosion slightly off course, but the chaos of the situation orients it towards being hard to detect.

A mad laugh echos from the garganta just before it closes.

However, there's still the issue of an enraged tree. Regaining its focus, Doompine now makes concentrated rakes of the platform, all the while another large garganta opening above it, letting sun through... at which its vines begin to regrow. Slowly, but it's still progress halted.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #19

Sora looked at the Hollow, wrath in his eyes, and did something that would have given most Hollows pause.

He howled. Not a howl of the guttural kind, more like that of a wolf's. Long, loud, filled with all sorts of different emotions. His eyes were filled with a fire that didn't seem to go out, and as they slowly faded to black, so did what Sora considered his last piece of humanity.

Morality.

The boy vanished once more, bizzarely decent at Sonido in an area where there were no walls, no grounds, no boundaries, attempting an overhand slice on Doompine.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

[Void]

Doompine hops out of the way, suffering some trimming of his ferns, and counterattacking with several vines. The garganta follows above.

Just then, a beeping noise accompanied by blue flashes of light comes from inside the thorns. "Hrm. No time to deal with you." With that, the evil tree creates another garganta, and hops through.

[Rooftop]

The momentary peace is interrupted by the opening of a garganta, and the towering form of Doompine crashing nearby. Before anyone can say anything, powerful vines reach for Longlegs, intending to wrap around all of its legs and pull, like a cruel child.

"You have failed."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-10 at 10:00 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #21

The boy flinched as a few of the vines sliced him, then he stood shock still for a few seconds.

And then he dropped the sword, collapsing to the ground, holding his head in his hands.

"No no no no no no no no no" He had lost control. Failed to do what Yui had been driving into his head. Lost his sense of self entirely.

"No no no no no" He could barely remember what happened, just a vague half-memory floating in the back of his mind. Because he had lost it. He was weak. A monster.

Sora dropped his hands, tears in his closed eyes, fists clenched. "I...I... I couldn't do it. Sorry Yui. I tried but... I couldn't control myself." He was worthless. Unable to control himself because of a little damn taunting. Nobody else would have lost control like that. Only he could have messed up something so simple. It wasn't like it was hard to maintain control, keep your sense of self. But he couldn't do it. He had lost it, over a single stupid Hollow. Over a single fight.

He stared at his hands, horrified that he could have failed so horribly, lost something so easily.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi loses his focus and the platform crumbles a bit, but it quickly composes itself and restores the battlefield.

Then the hollow escapes, and Sora goes into Blue Screen.

"SNAP OUT OF IT, YOU BOEOTIAN!"

Kick at the back of the neck, Gabi is much stronger than its stature would indicate.

"We can't let him escape with Val" - And the rest of the hostages, whatever - so stop moping and compose yourself, young man.

Gabi opens a garganta.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-08-10 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #23

Sora stood once more, albeit rather shakily, picking up his sword once more with determination in his eyes.

"R...right bird. Let's go."

He stepped into the garganta without a moment of hesitation.

Although if Gabi looks closely, he might notice a wavering hint of fear, depression, and utter hopelessness in the boy's eyes, swiftly replaced with the usual apathy.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi kicks him in the back of the head again.

"You bloody need to ditch that stupidity about being a monster and find some pride in what you are, young arrancar."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #25

He looks at the bird cluelessly. "A..rrancar?" He's stumbling over the unfamiliarly syllables, and flushes slightly in embarrassment.

"What's an arrancar?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

"An arrancar is a proud menos who has transcended the base and pointlessly violent existance of the common hollow to become a much greater being. That hollow who took Val does what he does because in the end he is little more than the beast he is shaped like, devoid of true goal besides base brutish instinct."

Gabi lands on Sora's head and claws deep in his scalp.

"You have a goal. You can make choices based on more than immediate gratification. You have potential. That monster has none of those, that all a monster is, a speed bump in the road of those who would claim greatness, nothing but a thing to be overcome and remembered as a foot note for the future."

"So. Are you a bloody monster? Because if you are, I will leave now and find someone else to save Val while you wallow in such a pitiful existance."

The tiny sharp claws stay burrowed for the duration of the speech.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #27

[Nakahiro and Sayaka]

Nakahiro smiles a little at Sayaka, trying to be reassuring.

"There's nothing to apologize about. You know more about all of this than any of us do. And the thing with Valeria wasn't stupid, it was badly timed. 'Gabi' concerns me too, and we do need to deal with it after this. Valeria overreacted as well. I think she's kind of freaking out since her abilities are so similar to Hollows."

He takes the offered hand, somewhat shyly.

"Uh, thanks."

He reaches into his pocket and withdraws a small blue orb, holding it up so it can easily be seen.

"I think you're right about the Hollows. I don't know about their normal behavior, but I found this when I was looking around before. I think that Hollow dropped it. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but they don't usually use technology, right?"

[Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. with Longlegs vs. Doompine]

Longlegs turns back to look at Doompine dispassionately. It makes no move to defend itself as the ligneous Hollow grabs it by the legs and lifts it into the air. Doompine is going to be pulling for a long time, however, because Longlegs' legs keep extending out further and further from its body.

"Hello, Doompine."

Longlegs turns back to the group of kids, and propels itself forward by further extending its legs until it is face to face with Izumi.

"Do it now."

As Longlegs is purified, it closes its eyes. Its body splits in half and then fades, leaving Doompine's vines grasping at air.

Spoiler
    Show

Longlegs' death accelerated because of Horngeek's absence.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-08-10 at 03:02 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Not really. A glass or two are usually fine. And I have little idea how physical food actually interacts with gigai - I don't know if you could get drunk in one even if you actually tried. I chose not to risk it regardless. It wouldn't do me OR you any good if you became intoxicated."

Hasunaga seems to enjoy the flavor of his coffee. "If you'd like, I can make you a more complete meal. It's not the same as feeding on spiritual matter, I'm sure. But you could experience some of the tastes we humans enjoy. I think you just might enjoy it."
    Carmelia leans in a bit, looking curiously at the coffee for a moment. However, she soon leans back, appearing to not be very interested in it anymore. "Well." She says, her tone that of thought. "If I'm to understand humans better, I suppose I should accept. You should prepare this food you have in mind, then."

With that statement rather clearly declared, Carmelia picks up the grape juice again and takes another sip.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"The funny thing is, that statement alone shows how much you've yet to learn. Don't do things just because they have a purpose - humans don't always have a goal in mind for everything they do. Humans laugh, cry, and fall in love, sometimes with no rhyme or reason. They show each other different sides of themselves. They feel.

Acting like a human isn't enough. You need to understand them. Feel like they feel.

Take that grape juice, for example. Besides finding its taste a little stronger than you expected... what other opinions of it do you hold?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "The funny thing is, that statement alone shows how much you've yet to learn. Don't do things just because they have a purpose - humans don't always have a goal in mind for everything they do. Humans laugh, cry, and fall in love, sometimes with no rhyme or reason. They show each other different sides of themselves. They feel.

Acting like a human isn't enough. You need to understand them. Feel like they feel.

Take that grape juice, for example. Besides finding its taste a little stronger than you expected... what other opinions of it do you hold?"
    Carmelia gives him a little glare from under the hood, before looking back at the grape juice.

"Well, now that I have tasted it again...it is cold. It is a fairly decent looking shade of purple. It isn't quite acidic, or venomous, or sentient, or otherwise trying to kill me, so I can at least attempt to enjoy it, even if I can't quite explain why."

She seems a bit surprised that she even managed to say that, leaning back as if to indicate that surprise. "...Perhaps that's it. It does have an interesting flavor, one that I haven't tasted before, or at least don't remember tatsing. I'm in a position where I'm not going to die if I drink this. So, I can say rather safely that I enjoy this grape juice."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.