Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just didn't want to. Nothing wrong. Just wanted to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's fair enough. Guess you want to get back to your family? Try to get SOMEONE to look at your hands, Kina. Don't even try the "they're fine" crap with me. I don't care who. Don't be stupid, get them looked at.

As much as texts can confer tone, it should be clear he's concerned, not angry or belittling.

Kina debated for a moment whether or not to say anything else, then decided she may as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ken being weird.
    Kaito rolled his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's like saying the sky's blue.

But yeah. Besides the fact he puts me on edge all the time, he seemed like he was more worried about flirting with girls than the fact we were in a life-or-death struggle.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm texting you. My hands are fine. :P

Kina contemplates the rest of the message.

Spoiler
    Show
    'sides, I can take care of them. Used to it.

Kina looks up for a moment as she passes through an intersection to make sure no cars are coming. This road was definitely the right one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ken is good-hearted. He just has a weird way of showing it. Made me uncomfortable.

It's weird that we were just in such a dangerous situation. Very weird. It's scary I can be so stoic about this.

A car horn blares behind Kina. She steps far to the side of the road and a car passes by her. For a moment she looks at her phone, wondering when a response might be incoming. Stress crept into her thoughts, and anticipation tensed her muscles. It was like there was something breathing down her neck and she couldn't sense it at all. She knew, in her heart, that it was nothing at all, but Kina was nevertheless painfully aware of the world she was a part of now.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-04 at 11:01 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito sighed and shook his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take your word on your hands, then. Just concerned about a friend.

Hard to tell what his heart is; I barely see any emotions from him. Ever.

Maybe you're still riding on your adrenaline? I have a feeling once we're back at the house, I'm going to get a small case of the shakes. I'm still keeping a tight lid on stuff, in case we get attacked on the way or something.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "So, what brings you here?" Ken simply stares at Hibiki, his face expressionless as it so often is. He puts his worries regarding Kina aside for the moment and listens intently for whatever his teacher has to say. This was his first time speaking to a shinigami other than Izumi. He wondered if this one was like her or if he was a native of the spirit world.
    "I am curious as to what kind of trouble you and your classmates were just in, Go-kun." Hibiki gives a knowing glance to Ken, then approaches the shrine's fountain with slight curiousity.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Kina stops, closes her eyes, and stretches her senses. After a long moment, she opens her eyes again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a feeling you'll be safe. And don't worry about these hands. I've had much worse. :)

Sometimes you have to listen to what he means, not what he says. He does care about people. It isn't easy to see. I think we all hide a little bit. Too much, maybe.

Kina looks up. A broken streetlight fails to light the road ahead. She wonders, for a moment, whether or not that should surprise her.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazari and Chiyoko, Ren and Izumi's younger sisters, were abducted by hollows. So were Kaito's parents. We split up into groups to search for them. One group found a note telling us to meet at the warehouse district at noon. So we met up there and then split up into groups to search the area. My group fought a small, very durable, spider-like hollow with eight legs that could extend to great lengths. At one point it struggled to say to me 'Help me machine' and pointed to a device on its mask. It deliberately tried to make it easy to hit the thing. I helped keep it busy while Kaito ripped it off with telekinesis. The hollow collapsed when he removed it, but it got back up and it was still able to defend itself. Fortunately after the device was removed it didn't want to fight and it let Izumi purify it. It said it momentarily regained control of itself. It even warned us about what we would fight next and told us its name. Then a huge plant-like hollow called Doompine crashed through the roof of the warehouse and everyone gathered together again to fight it except me because my fists would be of little use against the numerous vines it used to protect itself. It was really wild and didn't seem to think much about what it was doing. It had all the abducted people hidden inside of itself plus Valeria who must've recently ran into it before the rest of us did. It also concealed its mask with vines. It threw its hostages at us one by one until only Kaito's father was left. We had to get him out ourselves. Once we did and Nakahiro had located its mask we defeated it easily. I think altogether we fought five hollows because the three other groups besides my own took a while to meet up with mine. After beating Doompine this hollow named Elder congratulated us on our performance. It said we did well, but we were stupid for fighting the hollows ourselves when people better suited to the task would've dealt with them if we had just waited a bit. It also said we were lucky it wasn't the only one watching out for us. By the way, Kaito will probably say he hates your guts because you didn't help us this time or the last time we fought a hollow in the school. I don't mind though, you don't owe us anything."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-05 at 12:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

[Houheiden]

Hibiki nods slowly, taking it all in even as he observes the fountain. "For what it's worth, I am sorry I didn't get involved. I... made a promise. My involvement would only endanger your lives further, in all likelihood. You've all been through quite a bit... I'd say it's about time I took a more active role, at least. I can't fight for you, but I can at least help you -- possibly alongside a few other of your teachers -- to be better prepared for any further... events." Idly, he holds a hand up, manipulating the waves in the pool in the same manner one might fidget with their hands, or hair, or spin a coin or pen in their fingers.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really, your apologies are best saved for Kaito and the others. I like fighting hollows and getting stronger by doing so. I don't want us to fight them because Sayaka and Kina don't like to and I don't want them to be thrust into dangerous situations, but each time we do fight them I get to show off to them. If you really want to be a pal you'll pair me up with them whenever you give us group assignments and you won't change our seating arrangement. I am of course interested in any preparation you or others could offer us."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-05 at 01:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka looks on as Kina ignores her and starts to walk off. Her fists are tight and shaking at her side. She bites her lip. Sayaka is upset. A thousand thoughts run through her head, but none is a good answer. Surely Kina is in pain.
    Then there is a comforting hand on her shoulder. Haruaki smiled, but didn't say anything. Sayaka understood. With a determined look she ran back to the house. And there was some searching she had to do. Where was it?
    Finding at last, Sayaka grabbed the first aid kit and then stopped quickly at the temizuya. Taking some water in a pet bottle, she bowed an apology for transgressions, and ran down the stairs after Kina. Already her classmate would be far ahead. But Sayaka had to try. She didn't want to give up this time. She managed not to trip on the stairs.

Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

"Welcome to Houheiden."
    A voice came from behind Ken and Hibiki. It was the voice of Haruaki, who in his clothes looks formal. He looks at Hibiki first, and then to Ken.
    "I see you're wearing a shirt now Ken. I also notice that young Kina left in quite a hurry after you two went inside. She was in such a hurry that she didn't even respond to Sayaka's worries about her health. I hope you didn't do anything...embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for example, planning to chase my daughter everywhere as well. I didn't know that you made subtle arrangements with the teachers to get you together in class, or in all of your work together.
    And I wonder then, did your arrangement here aid that purpose too? I wonder if your parents are truly away.

I know that since she's started high school, Sayaka is having a lot of difficulties and delinquent actions. I wonder if you went back to your home, if her behavior would improve.
    Yes... I think it is good for a pomegranate should have some space to age. The end result is much sweeter.
    I am certain your teacher can teach you how better to fight as well. You don't need my instruction."

Haruaki folded his arms.
    "You can pack your clothes. I have some business with this spirit that is private."
    He turned his attention back to Hibiki.

"It has been some time since one of you has come here." He said calmly. "What can our humble shrine do for you?"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

"Please reconsider sir! I wasn't wearing a shirt at first because I used the one I had on to wrap up Valeria's leg after I saw that she was unconscious and injured during the fight with the hollows today. I put one on as soon as I started talking to Kina in the guest room. I did say some embarrassing things to her, but she honestly seemed happy when she left. This is the first time I tried to arrange anything with him and I don't see what's so wrong about wanting to try to spend as much time with your friends as possible. I didn't really expect him to take me seriously either. My parents really are away almost all the time. They let me live by myself and only occasionally come by. I really did feel lonely without them around. I haven't been getting her into trouble. She's been helping fight hollows without anyone coercing her. I'll beg you on my knees if it'll help, please let me stay. I'll grind my head into the ground if that's what it takes. I want to learn more about the spirit world and spiritual things from you and her because she's my friend and you're her really friendly and fun to talk to father. If there's anything I can do to prove my intentions are good and my words are true I'll do it without hesitation. With all your knowledge of the supernatural do you have some special method to make sure people are telling the truth? If so, I'll gladly subject myself to it." Ken speaks with great urgency, but he still appears pretty composed. He doesn't falter while he speaks and stares Haruaki straight in the eyes.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-05 at 07:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Really, your apologies are best saved for Kaito and the others. I like fighting hollows and getting stronger by doing so. I don't want us to fight them because Sayaka and Kina don't like to and I don't want them to be thrust into dangerous situations, but each time we do fight them I get to show off to them. If you really want to be a pal you'll pair me up with them whenever you give us group assignments and you won't change our seating arrangement. I am of course interested in any preparation you or others could offer us."
    Ken is hit in the face with water. Not painful, given the circumstances, but it might be a shock. "I am a teacher and a shinigami." Hibiki's look is slightly more disapproving than usual. "Not a matchmaker."

Then, Haruaki approaches. "I am merely here to see that my students are all right. They are fragmented, so it is likely a few of the other teachers are seeing to it."

He continues calmly manipulating the waters. "...I must say, this shrine is quite beautiful. It reminds me of a place back home."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Abel Manor]

After some time, but slightly less than an hour, the sound of water running through the house ceases.

...However, it takes even more for Valeria to surface again. One could almost worry after another twenty minutes come and go.

But, then, Val appears. And all is revealed. Apparently it was laundry day in the Abel house. This meant that currently, all of Valeria's clothes are dirty or in the wash. She spent a lot of her after-shower time looking through the laundry room in a flustered panic.

All she could conjure from the room was one of her fathers' unused dress shirts over her underwear. And the reddest face one could ever imagine seeing on a person.

She has a seat on the couch with a wide berth from Sora, huddling her legs together and generally trying to make as little a profile as possible despite the circumstances.

Pleasedon'tsayanythingpleasedon'tsayanythingplease don'tsayanything...
    Sora glances as she walks down, saying, "Oh, hey V-"

He stops. He blushes. He slowly turns his head to the couch arm. And sinks into the couch.

don'tspeakdon'tbreathedon'tmovedon'tspeakdon'tbrea thedon'tmove..

The silence is almost deafening in it's awkwardness.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-05 at 12:38 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Manor]

The silence, indeed paradoxically deafening, continues for some time.

Then, Valeria breaks the silence with a sniffle. It seems she's in tears again.

"Sora... w-what are we doing... we're friends." She doesn't look at Sora, despite this. Her eyes are fixed straight on the nearby coffee table. "...right? Something is bothering you, I c-can tell... Because I'm feeling the same way. I feel like... with every one of those monsters I help kill, I'm b-becoming less human, less of myself..."

She looks at her lap for some time in awkward silence again.

Then, there's a sudden ruffle of fabric, and Valeria is right next to Sora; she rests her side against his, and leans her head on his shoulder.

"...I... d-don't want to be alone. You understand that, right? Because you're like me..."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi nests down on the table, appearing to be a sleeping bird.

----

Venti Buon

The door opens, and in walks a woman with silver hair, followed by a man who is almost nine feet tall. Both quite well-dressed. Helena and Oscar move out to a table not far from the counter.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-05 at 12:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Abel Manor]

The silence, indeed paradoxically deafening, continues for some time.

Then, Valeria breaks the silence with a sniffle. It seems she's in tears again.

"Sora... w-what are we doing... we're friends." She doesn't look at Sora, despite this. Her eyes are fixed straight on the nearby coffee table. "...right? Something is bothering you, I c-can tell... Because I'm feeling the same way. I feel like... with every one of those monsters I help kill, I'm b-becoming less human, less of myself..."

She looks at her lap for some time in awkward silence again.

Then, there's a sudden ruffle of fabric, and Valeria is right next to Sora; she rests her side against his, and leans her head on his shoulder.

"...I... d-don't want to be alone. You understand that, right? Because you're like me..."
    Sora's sudden lack of movement stops as Val speaks. Then he does something completely unexpected.

He laughs. Not a normal laugh, not even real laughter. It sounded... insane, if insanity has a sound. He laughs and laughs, unable to stop for quite some time. When he finally does, he looks at Val, an insane grin on his face.

"No Valeria-san. I'm not like you. You have a choice, you can choose to walk away from your other side, ignore it until you die. You can choose to pretend today never happened, that it was all some twisted, stupid, nightmare. That's the difference between me and the rest of you. All of you," He spits out the word, loathing in his voice, "Can choose to walk away. I? I have no other side. My abilities are part of me. There's no &$!@ing switch to turn them on and off, because they're. Always. There.. My "powers" as Ken-san would call them, are the exact opposite of the rest of you. I don't get a choice. If I leave Phoenix, if any Shinigami has even a hint that I'm here, I would be dead."

He stands up, and looks at Val, sincerity in his eyes, the grin fading momentarily. "You're not a monster. A monster would enjoy the release we just participated in." Despite her hysterics, Valeria may note his avoidance of the word death. "They'd search for more of the Hollows, and kill them. And you're not alone either. All the others want to help you, want to make sure you're alright. They don't care about your powers, only about you. And besides..."

Another mad grin covers his face, and he holds up a hand, energy dancing around it, eyes flickering to black. "This is the face of a monster. Of an Arrancar."

He drops his hand, the grin fading, the black fading. He looks at Val, but it seems more like he's looking past her, a faraway, sad, look in his eyes. "So please... Don't... Don't become like me."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-05 at 01:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria looks at Sora, slightly frightened... but with more concern than anything.

For a while all is quiet again.

Then, the silence is broken. But not by words. By action. Valeria hones in, her lips meeting Sora's...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #317

Sora froze as Val's lips touched his. Emotion and Logic clashed in his head.

Give in. Be yourself.
    No, wake up. Inform her of what her emotional state would cause to your relationship.
    Relax Sora... It'll be fine...
    Stop this travesty imme-

Sora closed his eyes, pulling Val closer.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Josiah moved closer, a light frown on his face as he studied Vincent's hand. He gave a slight nod after a moment.

"Still. It's much more of a success than previous attempts. But yes, I'd imagine Senkaimon especially have some sort of "auto-compensator" built in. Garganta, maybe a bit less so."

He tapped his chin in though, eyeballing the current portal setup.

"Can you send and receive radio signals through this? I could always rig up some sort of recon drone or the like, and send it through."
    Vincent looked thoughtful for a moment. "It is indeed. And even Garganta, in the few instances of which I'm aware that involve a human, allow the human body to acclimate to the ambient reishi in the desert of Hueco Mundo. It's a feature that I have some ideas about, but nothing conclusive yet."

Vincent tapped the side of his glasses, and a few readouts appeared on them, telling him the spiritual composition of the sand. "As for the radio signals, I believe that it would be possible for the signals to pass through the portal. Give me about thirty minutes and I should be able to calibrate it to do so. At the moment though, I believe that the interference would be far too much to even consider sending a drone through."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro allows himself to be guided, and sits gratefully in the chair, hanging his umbrella off of the back. He nods as Mayumi asks him to reveal the events of the day. As he opens his mouth to respond, however, he seems to realize something and shuts his mouth. After a few seconds he speaks, quietly.

"Before I do...I have to know...what is your connection to-" he waves his hands as he grasps for words. "-all of this?" From the emphasis, it is obvious he means the spiritual world as a whole, not the day's incident.
    Mayumi pauses while pouring the tea, unsure for a moment how to proceed. But then again, how could she expect the children to trust her if she couldn't trust them? She turned to Nakahiro, placing a cup of green tea on a small table near Nakahiro's chair.

"A fair question, I suppose." Mayumi sat at her desk and reached up to her neck, taking hold of the cross that hung from a necklace that Nakahiro may or may not have noticed before. "I am what is known as a Quincy, a member of a family that has, for centuries on end, acted as defenders of humanity against Hollows and other spirits that wish mankind harm. We are mortal ourselves, but command very specific powers that can match and defeat Hollows. I've been doing this for the last thirty years."

She took a sip of her tea, gathering her thoughts. Admitting to being a Quincy wasn't exactly forbidden, per se, but it wasn't something that was done frequently. "Now that I've answered your question, would you mind answering mine? After all, I am the teacher here." She said that with a small smirk on her face, though Nakahiro would also be able to hear the smile in her voice if he couldn't see it on her face.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria, despite her own mental complaints, allows Sora to pull her in, continuing her emotion-fueled kiss...

In short order, she is sitting on his lap, her arms wrapped around his waist. Feeling her body begin to heat up, she allows emotion to take full control...

And... disregarding the possibility of sudden rejection...

((*reaches for curtain strings like no tomorrow*))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #320

Sora throws away logic, giving into emotion, just this once.

The curtain falls.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene takes Gabi over again and the bird wakes up.

"..."

Gabi tilts her head to the side, then shakes it and shouts.

"What the hell are you two doing on the couch?!"

-----

Principal Office

Reene turns her attention back to Gabi to check what is going on.

And then scrambles off of her chair, flustered and with her hair disheveled.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-05 at 02:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Manor]

Valeria's mind snaps back into its rightful place at the interruption. Having been about halfway through their decidedly reckless act, she just about jumps off of Sora, wrapping the unbuttoned shirt around her decidedly less than decent form.

Her face is so red it's almost burning the air. She really doesn't know what to say.

Ohmygod what did I just do... stupidstupidstupid...

"G-Gabi, I... w-we forgot you were... there..."

She turns back to Sora, looking frightened.

"What did we just do... I... I'm so sorry. I'm... I..."

And now she's lost for words.

[Fushichou High - Principal's Office]

Carina raises her eyebrow, sensing some embarrassment from Reene.

"...What's wrong, mother?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mayumi pauses while pouring the tea, unsure for a moment how to proceed. But then again, how could she expect the children to trust her if she couldn't trust them? She turned to Nakahiro, placing a cup of green tea on a small table near Nakahiro's chair.

"A fair question, I suppose." Mayumi sat at her desk and reached up to her neck, taking hold of the cross that hung from a necklace that Nakahiro may or may not have noticed before. "I am what is known as a Quincy, a member of a family that has, for centuries on end, acted as defenders of humanity against Hollows and other spirits that wish mankind harm. We are mortal ourselves, but command very specific powers that can match and defeat Hollows. I've been doing this for the last thirty years."

She took a sip of her tea, gathering her thoughts. Admitting to being a Quincy wasn't exactly forbidden, per se, but it wasn't something that was done frequently. "Now that I've answered your question, would you mind answering mine? After all, I am the teacher here." She said that with a small smirk on her face, though Nakahiro would also be able to hear the smile in her voice if he couldn't see it on her face.
    Nakahiro tenses a bit in the silence that follows his question. He leans forward slightly in his chair, almost as if he's getting prepared to bolt out of the room. If his suspicions were correct, and Mayumi was the cause...well, he would probably be dead no matter what. That doesn't stop him, however. He relaxes again when Mayumi answers his question, sinking back against the chair in relief. He takes his cup of tea, with some hesitation and gentle feeling of the table, and takes a sip from it as Mayumi finishes. He sets it back down, and nods gravely. He shuts his eyes and begins speaking.

"I suppose I should. As you probably know, an abnormal number of students at this school either have connections to the spirit world, or have developed spiritual abilities. Today, the parents of Kaito, the younger sister of Izumi, and a third entity, shaped like a human, but not one...I think...were kidnapped by Hollows. I believe the Hollows were under a human's control; they behaved oddly, and bore small devices that could have been controlling them. We fought the Hollows off and rescued everyone, but we still don't know why this happened. Afterwards, we split up. I came straight here. That's the extent of my knowledge. Right now, I'm half-blind because I overloaded my powers during the fight."

He takes another sip of his tea.

"I have another question. By any chance, do Quincies manipulate spiritually charged particles in the air around them to use their powers?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Principal's Office

Reene gets up and starts fixing her hair.

"Nothing dearie. Nothing."

----

Abel's

"You."

The bird points at Sora.

"Shower. You are still reeking of battlefield."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Abel's

"You."

The bird points at Sora.

"Shower. You are still reeking of battlefield."
    Sora snaps out of his reverie, shirt still half off. He glances around the room.

"Damn."

He notices Val's current... state of dress.

"%*!@."

He hightails it out of the living room faster than seems physically possible.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-05 at 03:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria calls out, still in a daze. "There's a bathroom on the lef- no, the right."

stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid

"Second door down...!"

After that, she just kind of sits there, her surroundings blurred from her vision. Focusing her mind half on reality, she buttons the shirt she borrowed, at the least. Then, her hands sink to the couch as she realizes the full extent of what she just did.

What would she tell her mother? What would she tell her father? Her friends... anyone.

"Gabi... p-please don't tell anyone..."

Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-05 at 03:19 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi shakes her head.

"Just tally that one to the trauma of combat and adrenaline rush."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina stops, closes her eyes, and stretches her senses. After a long moment, she opens her eyes again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a feeling you'll be safe. And don't worry about these hands. I've had much worse. :)

Sometimes you have to listen to what he means, not what he says. He does care about people. It isn't easy to see. I think we all hide a little bit. Too much, maybe.

Kina looks up. A broken streetlight fails to light the road ahead. She wonders, for a moment, whether or not that should surprise her.
    Kaito smiles a bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough. And it's just friendly concern.

Even listening to that is hard. He's either using too many words, or the wrong words. I'm not saying he's out to get us. It's just hard to get a read on him, and that doesn't sit well with me. I guess I'll trust you on this.

He would. For now.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

"Gabi... please... I'm sorry, but can you just... not talk right now..."

Valeria isn't being mean about her request, it's just quite obvious she wants some time to think to herself.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi flies off upstairs without a word.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing