New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Venti Buon

The door opens, and in walks a woman with silver hair, followed by a man who is almost nine feet tall. Both quite well-dressed. Helena and Oscar move out to a table not far from the counter.
    Having his coffee, the Angelo notices the freakishly tall man.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Mei take a few more steps, steadying. "I think so, yes."
    Serazel seems to wait for her to declare something. He's not entirely sure what, but he also doesn't know what to say.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Mei sighs. "All right. Time for us to go back, then..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Serazel perks an eyebrow. "Mei-sama, you've only just recovered - are you certain that's wise?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's needed. I don't intend to fight fair, but this needs to happen before Ruwa manages to endanger herself any further."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

"It's not Ruwa I'm worried about!

Mei-sama, it won't be enough to put Ruwa in her place. You need to do so without leaving a trace of doubt you're superior! Otherwise the lesser Hollows and Espada will leap at you!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can do that. Believe me, I can do that.

What would you suggest?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

"You'll need to make a spectacle out of it. Leave it to their sordid imaginations what happens once Ruwa no longer shows up in public.

As far as a plan goes, capturing her might actually be the easy part."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "You'll need to make a spectacle out of it. Leave it to their sordid imaginations what happens once Ruwa no longer shows up in public.

As far as a plan goes, capturing her might actually be the easy part."
    Mei thinks for a bit. "...that could work. I don't want to actually hurt her, though...

I could always imply that she's in Ivaz's care, depending on how the latter stands with this."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

"I understand your feelings on this, but you need to remember that this isn't for Ruwa's sake or mine.

It's for YOUR sake. I can only protect your body. Not your heart."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

"And I need to do this, for my peace of mind if nothing else.

All right? We'll work something out."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora stands still in the shower, water cascading down his body.

Wrong. Everything he did was always wrong. Especially this.

He couldn't do anything right. Ever.

He stands still in the shower, vaguely watching the droplets of water run down the glass.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi stands outside the door to the bathroom.

It suddenly lands on her that Sora has nothing clean to wear.

A shrug ensues.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #344

[Japan]
    Location Unknown

Sumiko Tokudome growls in frustration. Annoyed, as she often was, by the other Samsara and the Valley of Screams itself, she had taken off for the Mortal World looking for a fight. That had been a week ago. Since then, she had slaughtered two Hollows, but neither had proven particularly difficult to kill. Too irritated by her lack of success to continue searching and unwilling to return to the Valley of Screams without making a good kill, Sumiko had taken her anger out on an abandoned rock quarry she had stumbled upon. What had once been a small valley filled with boulders was now a mid-sized valley filled with rubble, as well as a single boulder upon which the wrathful Samsara was perched. A number of Blanks mill around in the valley, having been called by Sumiko in case she needed them. Having calmed a bit after her display of violence, Sumiko extends her spiritual senses as far out as they will go, looking for prey. What she finds is something else entirely. A familiar sensation. Her lips curve into a vicious smile.

"Iiiinteresting..."

Leaping high into the air, Sumiko points two fingers at the boulder below her. One of the Blanks distorts and is pulled into her extended hand.

"Byakurai."

A lightning bolt crashes down from Sumiko's fingers, shattering the boulder into fragments. Commanding the rest of the Blanks to follow her, Sumiko heads out in the direction of her target.

Wherever Cassandra is, Sumiko drops from high out of the sky to land nearby, leaving a small crater. She stands, seemingly unharmed from the impact, and grins unpleasantly. When she speaks, her voice carries a flippant, aggressive tone.

"Well, well...if it isn't Cassandra. What brings you out here? Runnin' errands for Big Boss?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fusichou High, Mayumi's office]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakahiro tenses a bit in the silence that follows his question. He leans forward slightly in his chair, almost as if he's getting prepared to bolt out of the room. If his suspicions were correct, and Mayumi was the cause...well, he would probably be dead no matter what. That doesn't stop him, however. He relaxes again when Mayumi answers his question, sinking back against the chair in relief. He takes his cup of tea, with some hesitation and gentle feeling of the table, and takes a sip from it as Mayumi finishes. He sets it back down, and nods gravely. He shuts his eyes and begins speaking.

"I suppose I should. As you probably know, an abnormal number of students at this school either have connections to the spirit world, or have developed spiritual abilities. Today, the parents of Kaito, the younger sister of Izumi, and a third entity, shaped like a human, but not one...I think...were kidnapped by Hollows. I believe the Hollows were under a human's control; they behaved oddly, and bore small devices that could have been controlling them. We fought the Hollows off and rescued everyone, but we still don't know why this happened. Afterwards, we split up. I came straight here. That's the extent of my knowledge. Right now, I'm half-blind because I overloaded my powers during the fight."

He takes another sip of his tea.

"I have another question. By any chance, do Quincies manipulate spiritually charged particles in the air around them to use their powers?"

Mayumi notices Nakahiro's tense stance, but also when he relaxes. For some reason, he had been scared of her, and she wasn't sure why. Perhaps he thought that she had some hand in what had happened? That didn't bode well for future relations, but hopefully it would get better.

"I have noticed the rather surprising number of students at this school who have some connection to spirits, and I had hoped that none of you would have ever have the need to use or develop your powers. Unfortunately, it seems that circumstances are not conducive to such things. I appreciate your summary, and it raises some very distressing problems with the idea that humans can control Hollows. But that is not our primary concern right now. What is our primary concern is making sure that all of you are prepared to deal with what I believe is coming. The frequency of spiritual attacks is increasing, and I don't believe that it is mere coincidence or random occurrence. I believe that something is coming."

When Nakahiro asks his question, Mayumi's eyes widen. Had this boy been in contact with Quincys before? What he had asked was terribly specific, and indicated more than a little knowledge that he probably shouldn't have. How interesting.

"Actually, yes. Quincys draw in ambient reishi particles and use them to power our abilities. Usually this appears in the form of a bow, which is our main mode of attack. Why do you ask?"

[Outskirts of Fusichou City]

Cassandra had just returned from the Valley of Screams herself, with a very interesting new set of orders. Unfortunately, dimensional travel had never been kind to Cassandra, so she was in no mood to deal with Sumiko's constant challenges. So when Sumiko landed next to Cassandra, there was suddenly no one there. Then suddenly there was a quiet "click" next to Sumiko's head, accompanied by the slight pressure of a gun barrel against her head.

"I don't appreciate people sneaking up on me. Tell me what you're doing here."
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-09-05 at 11:53 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

"And I need to do this, for my peace of mind if nothing else.

All right? We'll work something out."
    "Fine. But I won't hesitate to attack with intent to kill if I see her trying to use your heart to wound your body." Serazel noted with slight discontent.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry, that will not happen."

Mei concentrates, and makes a motion in the air, opening up a Garganta. "Shall we?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Please reconsider sir! I wasn't wearing a shirt at first because I used the one I had on to wrap up Valeria's leg after I saw that she was unconscious and injured during the fight with the hollows today. I put one on as soon as I started talking to Kina in the guest room. I did say some embarrassing things to her, but she honestly seemed happy when she left. This is the first time I tried to arrange anything with him and I don't see what's so wrong about wanting to try to spend as much time with your friends as possible. I didn't really expect him to take me seriously either. My parents really are away almost all the time. They let me live by myself and only occasionally come by. I really did feel lonely without them around. I haven't been getting her into trouble. She's been helping fight hollows without anyone coercing her. I'll beg you on my knees if it'll help, please let me stay. I'll grind my head into the ground if that's what it takes. I want to learn more about the spirit world and spiritual things from you and her because she's my friend and you're her really friendly and fun to talk to father. If there's anything I can do to prove my intentions are good and my words are true I'll do it without hesitation. With all your knowledge of the supernatural do you have some special method to make sure people are telling the truth? If so, I'll gladly subject myself to it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ken speaks with great urgency, but he still appears pretty composed. He doesn't falter while he speaks and stares Haruaki straight in the eyes.

Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

"There is nothing supernatural about truth."
    Haruaki met Ken's eyes, ignoring the rude behavior of the student.
    "Kina did not appear happy when she left." He responded coolly.
    "Your classmates are becoming hurt. My daughter was hurt only a few days ago in such an incident. My daughter may becoming reckless, but perhaps her classmates are not good influence. I recall Watanabe also held reckless behavior here. However, your friends are getting into fights that you just said you enjoy.

You carry your own ideals too heavy for a path I teach. I don't have time to teach you. I must focus on my daughter, who will inherit this shrine someday. Clearly my daughter is growing up, and I am happy she has friends in her class. But your attitude now is clear. You're embarrassing your teacher to argue with the priest here at the shrine, and at his home. You're embarrassing me, because even for a short time I was also your teacher and host. You're embarrassing yourself by not realizing this decision is made in the best interest of you and my daughter. I am giving you the chance to leave before Sayaka returns from helping Kina. I don't know what she may learn from her friend. But I know that it will be more painful and awkward if you are still here when she returns. You will see her enough at school. And when you convince her to fight hollows instead of attending class or performing rituals. I have no intention to repeat myself."
    The ice-like voice that Sayaka could speak, clearly it is a family characteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Ken is hit in the face with water. Not painful, given the circumstances, but it might be a shock. "I am a teacher and a shinigami." Hibiki's look is slightly more disapproving than usual. "Not a matchmaker."

Then, Haruaki approaches. "I am merely here to see that my students are all right. They are fragmented, so it is likely a few of the other teachers are seeing to it."

He continues calmly manipulating the waters. "...I must say, this shrine is quite beautiful. It reminds me of a place back home."
    While Ken is here, Haruaki will not discuss with Hibiki. He does stand politely.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't worry, that will not happen."

Mei concentrates, and makes a motion in the air, opening up a Garganta. "Shall we?"
    Serazel doesn't really want to go, and his expression shows it, but he can't really go against Mei. So he takes her hand and walks inside the Garganta.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't care if I embarrass myself. This is something worth getting embarrassed about to me. I'm sorry it bothers you and Hamasaki-sensei. As for my ideals, my only ideal is to protect your daughter and Kina. If you heard everything I said a moment ago then you heard me say I don't want us to fight hollows because they dislike to and I don't want them to be in danger. I'll never try to convince Sayaka to fight hollows. That day will never come. The only real reasons I have to fight them are so she won't feel she has to and she'll be safer without them around. And I don't want a chance to leave before Sayaka returns because she won't learn anything bad from Kina because I did nothing wrong. Please let me stay until after she tells you what she's heard from her." Ken voice softens, but it still carries plenty of conviction. He is so unfazed by Hibiki hitting him with water that it's as if he never did. It's almost comical how well he ignores the act.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-06 at 08:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fusichou High, Mayumi's office]
    Mayumi notices Nakahiro's tense stance, but also when he relaxes. For some reason, he had been scared of her, and she wasn't sure why. Perhaps he thought that she had some hand in what had happened? That didn't bode well for future relations, but hopefully it would get better.

"I have noticed the rather surprising number of students at this school who have some connection to spirits, and I had hoped that none of you would have ever have the need to use or develop your powers. Unfortunately, it seems that circumstances are not conducive to such things. I appreciate your summary, and it raises some very distressing problems with the idea that humans can control Hollows. But that is not our primary concern right now. What is our primary concern is making sure that all of you are prepared to deal with what I believe is coming. The frequency of spiritual attacks is increasing, and I don't believe that it is mere coincidence or random occurrence. I believe that something is coming."

When Nakahiro asks his question, Mayumi's eyes widen. Had this boy been in contact with Quincys before? What he had asked was terribly specific, and indicated more than a little knowledge that he probably shouldn't have. How interesting.

"Actually, yes. Quincys draw in ambient reishi particles and use them to power our abilities. Usually this appears in the form of a bow, which is our main mode of attack. Why do you ask?"
    Whatever Nakahiro's problem was before, he seems to have completely let go of it towards Mayumi. He is now much more relaxed than he was entering the office, although he is still obviously quite tired from the day's ordeals. He does not provide any visible reaction to Mayumi's statements or questions beyond his verbal response.

"Two of my friends are Quincies. One of them was secretive about their ability, at first, but I noticed that there was a surprising level of similarity between their powers. Such similarities are quite rare in our group. Anyway, I agree that we need to be better prepared. We're planning to meet tomorrow to discuss setting our group up more formally. That, however, is just one piece of the puzzle. Few of us have anything resembling combat experience, and that is mostly through clubs. The difficulty is figuring out how to advance our powers. While of a few of us have previously explored abilities, most of us are completely unique in our powers. Trial and error can only push you so far, and can occasionally have...unpleasant side effects."

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Outskirts of Fusichou City]

Cassandra had just returned from the Valley of Screams herself, with a very interesting new set of orders. Unfortunately, dimensional travel had never been kind to Cassandra, so she was in no mood to deal with Sumiko's constant challenges. So when Sumiko landed next to Cassandra, there was suddenly no one there. Then suddenly there was a quiet "click" next to Sumiko's head, accompanied by the slight pressure of a gun barrel against her head.

"I don't appreciate people sneaking up on me. Tell me what you're doing here."
    [Fusichou City]
    Outskirts

Sumiko's grin splits wider at Cassandra's threat, although there is no one to see it. All Cassandra can see is the false Shinigami shaking her head in mock disappointment.

"Cassy, cassy, cassy. What, ya think I'm stupid? You've pulled that move before. Did ya really think it would work again?"

Around this time, Cassandra would probably notice a not insignificantly sized rock hurtling out of the sky towards her. It glows with a soft light, indicating that Sumiko has somehow tampered with it. That was usually a bad sign. As soon as she senses any level of distraction from Cassandra, Sumiko crouches and does a sweeping kick behind her aimed at knocking Cassandra off of her feet. Once Sumiko has rotated one hundred and eighty degrees, she handsprings backwards to put distance between herself and Cassandra.

"Don't be insulting."

She crosses her arms.

"What am I doing here? What do you think I'm doing here? Why am I always here? I'm blowin' off steam! I can only stand to sit around in the Valley for so long. And the others keep pissin' me off! I swear to whatever god's listenin,' if Cha Cha tries to give me dance lessons one more time..."

Her voice trails off, as Sumiko, despite her harsh words, is apparently unwilling to directly threaten another Samsara.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-09-06 at 09:33 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

[Houheiden]

Hibiki turns to Ken. "Go-kun. Silence." It is obvious he is not amused. "I do not know who you think you are, but in my day when someone asked you to leave their property, it was common courtesy to acquiesce, not argue past your welcome. You may not have had your parents around to teach you that, but as your teacher, it is embarrassing to witness such a breach in manners." The look he gives Ken could boil water.

"Go home. You can speak with this man's daughter tomorrow."

[Abel Manor]

What seems like hours pass as Valeria sits on the couch, half-naked, and not even bothering to wipe away the tears. A painful frown passes her face eventually... she couldn't just sit there, if her mother came home, it would be... well, shocking, at the least. Gathering herself and her raiments, she makes her way to the laundry room to find anything to wear that was hers.

Minding her time on folding clothes, she does her best to distract from events of the day.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-06 at 10:19 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken answers Hibiki's glare with an empty stare. Then he turns around, walks back to the steps and descends them.

24. - Top - End - #354

Gabi stands outside the door to the bathroom.

It suddenly lands on her that Sora has nothing clean to wear.

A shrug ensues.
    Sora exits the shower after quite some time, still dazed, and grabs a towel, drying off.

...And then he realizes exactly what Gabi just did. Cursing, he glares at his clothes as if this was somehow their fault for not being clean and not messed up. He sighs, putting his clothes back on anyways. He opens the door, and steps out, ignoring the bird outside.

"Think I'll go for a walk."

He begins to head towards the door, grimacing as he sniffs his jack-oh dear god is that blood? Damn, that was his favorite jacket to!

Now he had to buy a new one. A grimace covers his face. He liked that jacket.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

A voice rings out from behind Sora as he's leaving the house.

"Sora..."

Assuming he turns around, Valeria is completely clothed. Apparently she managed to procure a pair of her pajamas from the wash. They are purple and fairly luxurious-looking, and nowhere near as revealing as earlier, being a shirt and slacks.

The girl herself looks rather conflicted (as if that's some kind of surprise).

"...You probably shouldn't stay here, my mother... well..." She bites her lip. "...Be careful, okay?" She avoids looking Sora in the eyes. It almost looks like she's about to cry again...

But before she lets Sora go, Val does give him a parting hug.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-06 at 07:02 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #356

He turns, and gives the girl a small smile. "I'll be fine. I'm good at this sort of thing."

He accepts the hug, holding her close. He sighs, letting go and beginning to leave, before stopping to say, "Just... just stop being so sad, alright? Smile more often."

He leaves the Abel Manor, and prays to Kami that what happened in there is never mentioned by anyone ever again.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Kina hears footsteps behind her as Sayaka runs towards her. "Huh?" She turns her head in surprise. Quickly typing she sends one last message to Kaito.

Spoiler
    Show
    Talk to you later, get some rest!

She turns to Sayaka. "Um, why'd you follow me, Sayaka?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi flits down to the door and lands on Valeria's head.

"I want to see you at Venti Buon tomorrow after your classes are over."

----

Venti Buon

The pair takes notice of the attention Angelo is giving them, with oscar gruffing and crossing his arms and Helena waving at him with a smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

Gabi flits down to the door and lands on Valeria's head.

"I want to see you at Venti Buon tomorrow after your classes are over."
    "We're already all meeting there, Gabi..." Valeria responds with a flat tone. "...But I think we ought to talk about what you really are." She looks up. "Nobody seems to trust you, but I stick my neck out for you. You're helpful... in fact you've helped me a lot, but I want to know why I should trust you. So I can tell my friends why they can trust you."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, right, they always meet there.

"Why you can trust me? That is a stupid question. You can't ask someone why they should be trusted. Trust has to be earned. If I just give you a reason and you give that reason to them, they won't trust me anymore than now. They will just pretend to do so to make you confortable. Kaito and Sayaka will probably not even try that much."

Gabi shrugs.

"In time, they will know that I mean no ill. If they don't, then I won't lose my sleep over it. Simple as that."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing