New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Ren laughed. "I didn't mean to say I wanted to be that much like you. I just meant I'd like to try being a youkai or even specifically a tsukumogami. Just think, we could be scared of automatic doors together! We could develop an even stronger bond as we braved the terrifying world of electronic devices side by side." A thought suddenly occurred to him. "Do you mind being my sister and a tsukumogami? Would you rather be some other kind of youkai and live with your own kind?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-12 at 11:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Sumiko roles her eyes at Cha-Cha's flamboyant entrance.

"Oh, here we go. Fan-f***in' tastic."

She walks away from the others a short distance, shaking her head. She stays within earshot, however.
    Cassandra looked at Cha-Cha when she entered. At least she was never boring, and it was amusing watching Sumiko react. Cassandra idly wondered if that was what she looked like whenever she saw Cha-Cha.

She turned back to Sumiko. "Well, there's one. Now we're only missing a few..."

She looked back to Cha-Cha. "We are, kiddo. The curtain is about to rise on our little performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    "I am afraid the only place I know locally that I would even consider taking you is the Venti Buon coffee place. The other places I deign to drink are not really the place for polite conversation."
    Mayumi came back out of her office, holding her purse and locking the door. Her purse was a very simple white handbag, lacking any ornaments save for a single cross that hung from the zipper on top. "The Venti Buon sounds wonderful to me. I was honestly afraid when you asked me that you wanted to go to some bar. Alcohol does not agree with me." She smiled up at him, a small friendly smile, but for some reason it just didn't seem quite genuine.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ren laughed. "I didn't mean to say I wanted to be that much like you. I just meant I'd like to try being a youkai or even specifically a tsukumogami. Just think, we could be scared of automatic doors together! We could develop an even stronger bond as we braved the terrifying world of electronic devices side by side."
    Kazari maintained a sullen expression.
    "You are making a joke of me now! How can you trust those abominations!?"

A thought suddenly occurred to him. "Do you mind being my sister and a tsukumogami? Would you rather be some other kind of youkai and live with your own kind?"

Kazari looked at Ren with red color eyes.
    "What do you mean? Of course I'm your sister. I..."
    Kazari stopped. She looked very disturbed and confused by the question. There is an expression of panic and frustration. Then she shakes her head and looks at her hands.

"I... I am a necklace tsukumogami. Yes. But when I awakened, it was your dream... My dream? Our dream?

I don't know. It was the dream when I awakened."

Kazari looked up at Ren.
    "I think I was surprised too. I have my nature, my existence... but I am tied to you too. Maybe I am tied to your dream, that is my reality. You wanted a little sister, so it became true. If you wished it, probably I would change.
    I have heard of another tsukumogami, who often complains her clothes and uniforms are ruined because her best friend constantly changes her colors and patterns to be a good accessory. But she doesn't truthfully care. It is the nature of an accessory to want to be useful."

She looked sideways.
    "I want to be useful too. But you never use me. You always want to protect me.
    Maybe...that's why I was powerless to save Chiyoko. Because maybe for you to save me, I had to be. Of course, I am grateful and happy you saved me."

She paused.
    "But I don't want to be useless too! I'm a necklace! I have more pride than a lazy scarf!"
    Kazari still looked confused.
    She looked down and mumbled.
    "I guess I wouldn't mind."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I was hoping you'd just get all flustered and say I was asking a stupid question and that you wouldn't have it any other way." Ren grinned. "I wouldn't ever wish for you to change unless you wanted to because I like you just as you are now. I'm sorry I don't rely on you more. The next time we run into a hollow I won't ask you stand back alright? We'll fight whatever we're up against together."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cassandra looked at Cha-Cha when she entered. At least she was never boring, and it was amusing watching Sumiko react. Cassandra idly wondered if that was what she looked like whenever she saw Cha-Cha.
    As if she could sense amusement, Sumiko's head twists back to glare at Cassandra. When the older Samsara comments on the reduced number of compatriots to be found, Sumiko spins back around and nods.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Daichi looks at him. "Izumi hasn't told us everything... how did you two meet?"

Meanwhile, a young... well, young man, to be honest, hugs Chiyoko as she enters. Looks like he's an older brother.

Izumi seems to be grinning for some reason.
    Rex grins a bit sheepishly and thinks fast. Dunno if they know what we do. Play it safe.

"It was pure chance, actually. I was headin' to the store an' ran into her along the way. I was havin' a bit of trouble, an' Izumi-san helped me out." No flat-out lies, and believable enough, he hoped. At least he'd remembered to use an honorific for Izumi; he wasn't sure if her dad would appreciate Rex being that familiar with her.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-09-12 at 08:46 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

"...after or before she became a Substitute Shinigami?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

On The Way To School
    On his way Ken saw Kina ahead of him and called out to her. "Hey, how's it going?"
    Kina turns to see Ken behind her. "Oh, uh, Ken, hi. I'm alright, how are you?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

"...after or before she became a Substitute Shinigami?"
    Rex sputtered and choked, taken by surprise. He held up a finger, asking for a moment to catch his breath and thoughts. "You know about that?"

He blushed furiously, suddenly feeling even more awkward. "Uh... after. We... have similar interests there, I reckon." He didn't want to come right out and announce what he was; his parents had drilled the need for secrecy into him throughout subterfuge. On the other hand, though, this was Izumi's father, and already aware of the spiritual world.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-09-12 at 10:37 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not so great. Shortly after you left the shrine, I got kicked out by Haruaki because he overheard me saying I like fighting hollows while speaking to Hibiki and he assumed that I must have treated you inappropriately since you left in a hurry. I really liked it there and I had never stayed over at a friend's house before. Plus I was truly eager to learn from Haruaki. He also heard me say I didn't want to fight them if it meant you or Sayaka would be put in danger, but he didn't care. He's convinced I'm going to and already have coerced Sayaka into fighting hollows. I'm sure you're probably wondering why I said I like fighting hollows. Like I said to Hibiki, I enjoy getting stronger and proving that I'm reliable to my two best buds by fighting them." Ken didn't sound very enthused despite the fact that what he was talking about really was a big deal to him.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-12 at 11:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Mayumi came back out of her office, holding her purse and locking the door. Her purse was a very simple white handbag, lacking any ornaments save for a single cross that hung from the zipper on top. "The Venti Buon sounds wonderful to me. I was honestly afraid when you asked me that you wanted to go to some bar. Alcohol does not agree with me." She smiled up at him, a small friendly smile, but for some reason it just didn't seem quite genuine.
    "Milady Mayumi, I would not suggest such a thing after having seen your wedding ring. I have standards: no seducing married women unless they expressly ask me to. It is a rule that has served me well over the years, and one I intend to always keep to."

Sören returns Mayumi's smile with a little more enthusiasm, and possibly the same level of artificiality. It's hard to tell, the man's evidently an accomplished actor.

"After you, madame," he says, gesturing in the direction of the exit.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

"By which you mean taking out Hollows."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari

Kazari relaxed and nodded. There was loud thunder but she yawned and looked sleepy.
    "Ok. I agree."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

"Awww, even though you're a youkai you still get tired like anyone else. I'd really like to try marching like you suggested. Is there a certain form of etiquette I need to observe?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-13 at 09:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

"By which you mean taking out Hollows."
    Rex grinned nervously. Enough beating around the bush. "Yeah. We're not Substitute Shinigami, but huntin' Hollows is kind of the family business back home."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[An Alley Next to Furousha Shop]

An old-fashioned wooden doorway appeared in mid-air; of course, even if there had been people nearby, they likely wouldn't have seen it. A man's head peeked out, looked around, then was followed by the rest of him, huffing and puffing as he held a body mostly upright. A body that looked a lot like himself, even as he accounted for the staff on his back and the bag over one arm.

Finally, he was through the portal, which closed. Breathing a sigh of relief, he dropped the bag on the ground and concentrated, before he seemed to merge with the body. The now singular person shook his head to clear it before picking up the bag and walking out of the alley.

Those who knew him would realize it was one of the Seated Officers of 12th Division, Hirako Yoshi, wearing business casual clothes and carrying a heavy-duty messenger bag. He walked to the front of the store and knocked on the door frame.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shipwreck, English Channel

A crab scuttles along, curious about the rotting hulk of wood splayed out before it. Racing over to a likely refuge, the tiny crustacean snaps its claws at a passing shrimp before finally coming to a stop at a small pebble.

And then a plated boot smashes down on it, grinding it into dust as Apolinar surveys the wooden carcass resting at the bottom of the sea.

Pheonix Town

Tap, tap.

Henry stood with his arms crossed, tapping his foot as he waited for something to happen.

Tap, tap. Nothing.

"Oh, well. Probably time to go ba-"

The next Morning
    Henry didn't report in to work. In fact, no one at the station saw him.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]

A disinterested voice comes from inside. "We're open. You can just walk in."

As Yoshi enters, he finds Viatrix with her head deep in ledgers and budgeting. ...He may not recall her ever wearing glasses.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

[On the way back to the Mitsurugi household]

Reiji rode on the car's passenger seat, and Sadako rode in the back with Kaito. She seemed incredibly concerned with his well-being, but said nothing even as he started texting.

"We should be getting home soon, Kaito-kun. I imagine you'd have said so already if it were the case, but do you have any injuries?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Furousha Shop]

A disinterested voice comes from inside. "We're open. You can just walk in."

As Yoshi enters, he finds Viatrix with her head deep in ledgers and budgeting. ...He may not recall her ever wearing glasses.
    Yoshi raises an eyebrow at seeing Viatrix so distracted with her accounting.

"Can't you hire someone to do that? I know you prefer to save money, but still."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [On the way back to the Mitsurugi household]

Reiji rode on the car's passenger seat, and Sadako rode in the back with Kaito. She seemed incredibly concerned with his well-being, but said nothing even as he started texting.

"We should be getting home soon, Kaito-kun. I imagine you'd have said so already if it were the case, but do you have any injuries?"
    Kaito shook his head.

"Not really. Just a couple bruises and scrapes; nothing that rest and such won't take care of."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

"In any case, I'm sure Sadako will be happy to address those scrapes and bruises nonetheless." Reiji noted with a little bit of a smirk.

Sadako blushed something fierce.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I would have helped if only I could fight..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi raises an eyebrow at seeing Viatrix so distracted with her accounting.

"Can't you hire someone to do that? I know you prefer to save money, but still."
    "Because in my lines of business, you learn quickly that you shouldn't trust someone else to do something that you can."

Viatrix looks up. "Greetings, Hirako-san." Then stands, leaving her books for now. "What've you got for me today? Would you like to come to the back for tea?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"In any case, I'm sure Sadako will be happy to address those scrapes and bruises nonetheless." Reiji noted with a little bit of a smirk.

Sadako blushed something fierce.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with this. I would have helped if only I could fight..."
    Kaito blushed as well, stammering for a bit.

"Only...only if she thinks it needs to be done. And I don't blame you for not helping. All you can do is sense energy, right? That's one thing. Our teachers not being willing to help was frustrating, though. Even though whoever did this said we should come alone, their help would have been great."

No irony here, folks!

"Because in my lines of business, you learn quickly that you shouldn't trust someone else to do something that you can."

Viatrix looks up. "Greetings, Hirako-san." Then stands, leaving her books for now. "What've you got for me today? Would you like to come to the back for tea?"
    Yoshi chuckled.

"Fair enough, Ms. Klossner, fair enough. And tea sounds lovely. Do you have any Darjeeling White?"

He follows her when she goes to the back.

"I'd prefer to wait until we're in private."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

Viatrix first locks the front door, before leading the way to the back room. "Expensive tastes, Hirako-san. If you weren't a valuable acquaintance I might consider charging you." She gives a light chuckle.

After a while, the tea is done, and set on the table. "So, what do you have for me today?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

"Not so great. Shortly after you left the shrine, I got kicked out by Haruaki because he overheard me saying I like fighting hollows while speaking to Hibiki and he assumed that I must have treated you inappropriately since you left in a hurry. I really liked it there and I had never stayed over at a friend's house before. Plus I was truly eager to learn from Haruaki. He also heard me say I didn't want to fight them if it meant you or Sayaka would be put in danger, but he didn't care. He's convinced I'm going to and already have coerced Sayaka into fighting hollows. I'm sure you're probably wondering why I said I like fighting hollows. Like I said to Hibiki, I enjoy getting stronger and proving that I'm reliable to my two best buds by fighting them." Ken didn't sound very enthused despite the fact that what he was talking about really was a big deal to him.
    "Well, um, maybe you shouldn't have, like, said that in front of him." Kina is focused on walking forward. She holds her bag strap with the same hand that was hurt the day before, gauze wrapped around it securely.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Viatrix first locks the front door, before leading the way to the back room. "Expensive tastes, Hirako-san. If you weren't a valuable acquaintance I might consider charging you." She gives a light chuckle.

After a while, the tea is done, and set on the table. "So, what do you have for me today?"
    "Ah, but it's a small price for the products and services I provide."

Once they're settled, he takes a few sips of the tea before speaking.

"First, I must warn you that we are on high alert right now. You may well see more Shinigami around the town. I will not say more, but there might be misunderstandings if you were careless. Though my understanding of your...dietary supplement...means you should be fine.

With that said. I am still working on some devices that I'd feel safe releasing to your shop in limited runs. What I have today...
    "

He reaches into the bag and pulls out three thick pieces of rolled paper. Each is set carefully on the table between them. Yoshi considers them, then hands her the middle scroll.

"Unroll it, channel a bit of spiritual energy into it, and read the entire thing. Don't worry, it won't hurt your shop at all. Feel free to target myself, or one of the chairs. If you target me, I warn you it won't last long, but I can explain more in a moment."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Well, um, maybe you shouldn't have, like, said that in front of him." Kina is focused on walking forward. She holds her bag strap with the same hand that was hurt the day before, gauze wrapped around it securely.
    "Well I didn't intend to. He just happened to walk by. In retrospect I should have been more careful. Anyway, Hibiki revealed that he was a shinigami by visiting the shrine dressed as such and said he came to check up on us after the fight we were in. He also said he and others would help prepare us to better defend ourselves in future hollow encounters and that he was sorry he hadn't helped us so far."
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: strawberryman acted as if Haruaki wasn't immediately visible/around despite the fact that Kasanip hadn't made a post saying he moved out of sight so I played along with him.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-13 at 08:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Kaito blushed as well, stammering for a bit.

"Only...only if she thinks it needs to be done. And I don't blame you for not helping. All you can do is sense energy, right? That's one thing. Our teachers not being willing to help was frustrating, though. Even though whoever did this said we should come alone, their help would have been great."

No irony here, folks!

Yoshi chuckled.

"Fair enough, Ms. Klossner, fair enough. And tea sounds lovely. Do you have any Darjeeling White?"

He follows her when she goes to the back.

"I'd prefer to wait until we're in private."
    Sadako looks at him with big, gleaming eyes of HOPE.

Apparently that says everything. To Kaito anyway.

"I believe it's less 'willing to help' and more being 'able to help'. It's not like you kids were on a camping trip - you DID ditch class to pull this off.

Not that I don't understand your anger. But I'm sure they'll be willing to help you in other ways. And remember, not all of us who can sense spirits can actually fight."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sadako looks at him with big, gleaming eyes of HOPE.

Apparently that says everything. To Kaito anyway.

"I believe it's less 'willing to help' and more being 'able to help'. It's not like you kids were on a camping trip - you DID ditch class to pull this off.

Not that I don't understand your anger. But I'm sure they'll be willing to help you in other ways. And remember, not all of us who can sense spirits can actually fight."
    "It's not like you're actually hiding your true powers and running around as a superhero, Mr. Reiji. There's nothing wrong with you not being able to fight.

And I guess I kind of understand your point. Still...There was a lot at stake. You'll forgive me if I'm annoyed for a while.
    "

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat at Sadako's expression.

"I...uh...yeah, I'm not super hurt, Ms. Sadako. But you can look me over, after you make sure my parents are alright."

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, but it's a small price for the products and services I provide."

Once they're settled, he takes a few sips of the tea before speaking.

"First, I must warn you that we are on high alert right now. You may well see more Shinigami around the town. I will not say more, but there might be misunderstandings if you were careless. Though my understanding of your...dietary supplement...means you should be fine.

With that said. I am still working on some devices that I'd feel safe releasing to your shop in limited runs. What I have today...
    "

He reaches into the bag and pulls out three thick pieces of rolled paper. Each is set carefully on the table between them. Yoshi considers them, then hands her the middle scroll.

"Unroll it, channel a bit of spiritual energy into it, and read the entire thing. Don't worry, it won't hurt your shop at all. Feel free to target myself, or one of the chairs. If you target me, I warn you it won't last long, but I can explain more in a moment."
    "More scrolls, eh, Hirako-san?" Viatrix pulls her umbrella out, calling Fuchs. The fox 'looks' at her mischevious grin in such a way that even without facial features, Yoshi can tell he is annoyed.

What are you doing no-

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat! Bakudo #9: Geki!"

Fuchs freezes.

...What ever do I do to receive such treatment from you?

"Shush. I needed a test subject, and I am far too gracious a host to target Hirako-san." Viatrix turns back to Yoshi. "Don't mind Fuchs. These scrolls are coming along well. I'm sure they'll be popular with the new kids around here. How much are you asking?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!