New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Well I wouldn't want to take anything from you, even temporarily. I also don't like the first method because if we're in danger you wouldn't get to physically fight alongside me like you want to. I guess we could try the second method sometime since it'd give me a reason to buy you lots of treats." Ren smiled slightly and gave Kazari a knowing look. "If you don't want to do either then I won't ask you to. You didn't seem too thrilled about telling me this."
    Kazari
    "About first method, if you only want feel of supernatural existence, I don't think you must fight." Being a necklace is natural for Kazari, so she does not understand Ren's problem.

Of second option she is a little nervous.
    However, buying Kazari lots of treats is good incentive.
    Kazari thinks for a minute.
    "Only if it is Venti Buon desserts." She demands. She thinks again.
    "And pineapple." Kazari added.
    Of course one cannot always eat desserts.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well you wouldn't want to feel really sleepy or actually fall asleep would you? Plus having to be in your necklace form would be inconvenient for you. As for your condition on the second method, that's just fine. We're going there tomorrow anyway. On the way back home I'll buy you some pineapples. Would you like to try it now? It'd help you work up an appetite."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora walked to school alone that day. He wanted to think.

You always want to think though Sora! You never relax...

Shut up. He didn't want to think about that right now. Think about her right now. It wasn't that time.

Awww but you never have time for me anymore Sora!

No. She needed to stay in that locked off corner of his mind, far away from him.

...Onii-chan, you don't really mean that do you?

He didn't. He never did. He missed her too damn much to mean that.

Yay! I knew you weren't that mean Onii-chan!

But if she kept talking he wouldn't be able to escape. He'd go back to that day.

But you always remember that day when we talk!

And that was the problem.

He could never escape that day. The day where he'd stood up for someone.

"Alright you two, just give us the money and it'll all be okay."

A ten year old with grey eyes looked at the man with the knife in fear. Behind him was a much smaller girl, about seven. "B-b-but we don't have any money!"

"Kid, don't mess with me. Son and daughter of the Namikaze Duo? You bastards are loaded. Give us the cash and we'll go."

The two glanced at each other, hopeless looks in their eyes. Neither had any money on them, of course. They rarely brought money with them on their way to school. It was pointless.

The thief sighed. "Fine, I'll just take the girl and be on my way... You can get the ransom later kid." He started forward, and the boy ran in front of him, holding his arms out.

"No! I won't let you take her!"

The thief glared. "Don't mess with me kid."

"I WON'T!"

The last thing the boy remembered was a dramatic sigh and a flash. And, of course, the cry.

"ANIKI!"

Damn. He'd remembered again. When he'd lost her. And he still hadn't found her.

It's kinda sad Onii! You used to be so good at hide and seek!

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

In his mind, that small, blue haired girl pouted at him. Awww, c'mon Aniki. Would you tell your little sister to shut up?

God dammit.

Sora stopped, and slid to his knees near a lamp post.

He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't cry. Crying never helped anything. It hadn't helped when the ransom drop had come and passed, and someone else had taken his sister. It hadn't helped when the detective informed him that he would never see his sister again. It hadn't helped when his parents had died, and they had never gotten to see her again either.

But it made him feel better. The tears fell, the crying boy remained still for some time.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well you wouldn't want to feel really sleepy or actually fall asleep would you? Plus having to be in your necklace form would be inconvenient for you. As for your condition on the second method, that's just fine. We're going there tomorrow anyway. On the way back home I'll buy you some pineapples. Would you like to try it now? It'd help you work up an appetite."

"Ok." Kazari said. "If you are ready then." She nodded. Then glared.
    "Don't disappoint me. It's not a game." She raised her hands and pulled Ren down to her height.
    She stared at his eyes for a moment.
    I don't know what will happen. This a blasphemy. If it becomes known... I'll have to talk to the shrine maiden. We maybe will need her help. It is not a comfortable thought.

"Now touch your head to mine."
    Spoiler
    Show

Kazari touched her forehead to Ren's forehead. Then she closed her eyes.
    She concentrates and bites her teeth strongly. Her dark aura of purple and black surrounded her. It surrounded Ren too, and he can feel the danger and power. It is burning and crushing, but cold. It pulls, and bites, and wants to eat. It wants to eat and run and burn. It is wild. Of spiritual power he has seen a lot, but even Kazari has not showed to him this. It's a terrible unknown power. It grows and eats and grows.
    The spiritual aura wanted to drown and swollow. But at this time, Kazari spoke in an echoing voice.
    "Yakoufu: Shoukidentatsu!" She declared forcefully.

And there is a burning feeling on Ren's head and Kazari's. And she struggles to stay still as the aura burns and swallows Ren. The wind rushes around in violent energy with the aura. But even as it swollows Ren, it becomes Ren, and enters him. And he can feel the power in his arms. Strength, desire, wild feelings.

And suddenly the power sparks, and they are separated. Kazari stumbles back, but Ren can balance ok.

He can hear the sound of Kazari's heart. It's a small heart, but it's beating strongly. He can smell something cool that makes him hungry. He smells nervousness and fear. He can smell something human, and the smell of rain. When he opens his eyes, they are red and sharp.

Kazari fell to her knees, shivering. She was hungry. Hollow, and empty. Weak. Tired. And nervous. Did it work?
    She opened her eyes and they were black. She blinked and looked up at Ren. But she felt her mouth drop in awe. The dark aura around him. The red eyes. He was frightening.
    Scary.
    Was this what humans thought of youkai?
    She felt weak. But something felt against her neck. She looked down and fell back in surprise.
    She was looking at herself. Or, it was herself? It was a beautiful necklace. But it felt cool and rough around her neck.

"Ren? Um, Ren?" She asked. "Are you ok?" She hoped he would not be overwhelmed like her.

Thunder cried again.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren instinctively closed his eyes and stood perfectly still for a moment, trying to take in all the new and enhanced sensations he was experiencing. They felt exhilarating. They felt good. They felt right, at least at first. Then he started to sense Kazari's fear and hear the quickening of her heartbeat. All the feelings he had just enjoyed were now replaced by dread. He opened his eyes and looked down at his sister. The sight of her trembling sickened him. Ren took a step forward and dropped to his knees. He placed his hands on Kazari's shoulders and stared into her eyes. "I'm fine. Are you alright?" he asked anxiously. His expression was one of great concern.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-16 at 12:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Now THAT question piqued his curiosity. But then again, he needed to offer this man a measure of his trust if nothing else - he was charging Nero with his protection too, after all.

"I'm not certain about the parents, but the boy most definitely is. Although the Watanabes were not the only ones abducted. I think others in his class also had siblings and other loved ones taken in the same event.

Due to the different nature of the crimes themselves, as well as the involvement of spiritual entities, I do not believe the earlier attempt on the Watanabes and the current incident are related. I'm fairly sure I was the target of the assault, whereas I wasn't so much as home when the kidnapping took place."

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure Reiji would have told "Durandal" about the earlier attempt, if it weren't on the news already.
    Nero nods. "I shall want to speak with him, then. At his earliest convenience; I realize these are trying times, and he likely has school to worry about."

"As for the shooting, no, I at the least am not convinced they are connected, though they may both have been attempts to get at you. Though unlikely as this may be, we exhaust every avenue of information. The... direct nature of that first assault, and this abduction are of very different cloth. The second suggests someone who is methodical, for whatever reason. The first strikes me more as someone who would just like you or the Watanabes dead. Either way, we shall find out, yes?" He gives a respectful but brief bow as he stands, despite the circumstances, propriety is important after all. "With your basic briefing complete, I'll leave you to rest. After all it has been a trying day for you all. Any further inquiries before I go?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

Was that... some sort of pride on his voice just now?

Odd.

"It might not happen that soon. We still need to handle telling his parents about the spiritual world and how it works. Considering that they likely have no contact with it... this will be difficult to accept. And you are not allowed to see the boy in private without his parents present - there are standards and laws to be followed in this case, after all."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari

It was like being...?
    Kazari didn't know. She touched her necklace gently.
    It was like being human.
    She was tired. She felt sluggish. Small. Weak.
    She didn't think she could even jump to the window.
    She stood up carefully, fixing her black robe.

"I don't know. I... I feel tired. Mostly I'm sleepy. Maybe sick. I think the contract was too strong. After everything today, it was..." She yawned. She didn't seem to notice all of the sounds and smells. And in the faint distance there were the sound of drums Ren can hear.
    When Ren bent down to look at her, Kazari looked embarrassed. But she relaxed some. The heartbeat sound slowed. Looking at her eyes, Ren could see they looked...normal. Like a normal human's eyes. There was a clear smell of human to her. But the necklace she wore, it was definitely the tsukumogami form of Kazari.
    And Ren could feel spiritual energy in it. It was weak, but it was there. Kazari though, held it in her hands tightly.
    "How do you like being a youkai?" She asked.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't really mind that he didn't tell any of us anything until now since he's not obligated to." Ken paused and noted the bandage on Kina's hand. "I'm glad you're taking care of your hand. I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable again and I'm sorry for being weird in general. I really appreciate you telling it to me straight yesterday. Like I said the second day we met, if something I do bothers you just tell me. Of course I should try my best not to bother you in the first place. Would you mind letting me carry your bag for you?"
    Kina looks at Ken with an annoyed look. "Yes." No hesitation, no stuttering. She holds her bag tighter and closer to her body. "It's, um, embarrassing."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's great. I feel so alive. It feels like everything is alive. Like everything has a pulse that I can hear if I listen closely enough." Ren tilted his head upwards slightly and looked from side to side. Then he returned his focus to Kazari. "I can hear your heartbeat. It scared me at first. It was beating so fast. I could also sense your fear. I was worried something went wrong. Now that you've calmed down it feels very reassuring. That sound alone tells me that you're nearby and all right." He paused as something he heard caught his attention. "Do you hear the sound of drums?"

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina looks at Ken with an annoyed look. "Yes." No hesitation, no stuttering. She holds her bag tighter and closer to her body. "It's, um, embarrassing."
    "Alright, I'm sorry I asked. It was a stupid question. I should've realized that," he said meekly. Oh gosh, I feel like I'm treading on thin ice. It did occur to him that it might be embarrassing, but he just wanted to find a way to be helpful. Ken reflexively looked over his shoulder to avoid her gaze. He hated seeing Kina look upset. She usually had such a gentle feeling about her. In the distance he saw Sayaka approaching. Her arrival felt fortunate yet worrisome. How would she react when he greeted her? What had her father said to her? Did she care that he wouldn't be staying at the shrine any more? "Hey there!" he said, trying to sound lively.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-16 at 10:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Was that... some sort of pride on his voice just now?

Odd.

"It might not happen that soon. We still need to handle telling his parents about the spiritual world and how it works. Considering that they likely have no contact with it... this will be difficult to accept. And you are not allowed to see the boy in private without his parents present - there are standards and laws to be followed in this case, after all."
    "Understandable. Good day, Mitsurugi-san." Nero makes his way out the door, and back to who knows where.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [morning]

Sayaka looked up when called by Ken. She was carrying a sports bag and her school bag, and walked up to the two.
    "Good morning." She said to Kina and Ken. Then she turned to Ken and looked embarrassed.
    "Here. You left your clothes. I washed them and am returning them." She handed the sports bag to Ken.
    She looked at Kina. "Are your hands ok?" She asked.

Kazari
    [night]
    Kazari nodded. "Of course a youkai existence is better than human." She said proudly.

"Yes, the heartbeat is a good sound." She said, frowning. No, she couldn't hear the heartbeat right now.
    "What drums?" She asked, looking around.
    Then she thought.
    "I think maybe it is from the march. Probably they are far away now."

She looked at the necklace with intense expression. Then she looked up at Ren with a sleepy face.
    "Ren, I think we switched existence. I think I'm a normal human now." Ren notices even her voice sounds like a normal child. It sounds delicious. Kazari holds the necklace on her neck tightly.
    "I feel very weak and blind. It's very dark outside at night."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks." Ken simply accepted the bag not knowing what to think. He was also somewhat visibly embarrassed.

"Well then please take your power back right away if you can. I don't want you to suffer while I enjoy myself. In fact, I can't enjoy myself while I'm making you suffer," said Ren hurriedly. Why do I think her voice sounds delicious? Do I want to eat her? Has she ever wanted to eat me? I have to ask her. Her carefree attitude towards eating people that wrong her makes so much sense now. Despite feeling really bad for Kazari, Ren couldn't help finding the thoughts going through his mind hilariously strange and awkward.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-18 at 10:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari

Kazari looked surprised at Ren. And then she looked angry.

Normally Ren can see annoyed Kazari expression if he wants. He can pull on her cheeks or pull her hair, or make joke of automatic door like "watch out!" when it opens.

Of Kazari's anger, it is never seen like this.

But this little delicious human was angry. But in her eyes there was disappointment.
    She looked like she wanted to look down on him, but is looking up.

Suddenly Kazari punches Ren in the stomach.
    But it's not a painful feeling.
    "Ouch!" Now Kazari holds her hand in pain. But she looks angry.

"There are no cowardly youkai! You said you wanted to try to be a youkai! And when you have such a chance, you want to give up?

I never thought Ren was a coward."
    She grabs his shirt and glaring at him.
    "Youkai aren't afraid to make choices! When we say something and do something, it is a promise! We are not unpredictable like stupid humans!"

"I would take my power back right away if I could. But I cannot. I'm too tired and weak now." She releases and turned away from Ren.
    "I did it for Ren!" She shouted at the darkness.
    He can smell salt and water, and it is delicious. She wipes the black sleeve in front of her. Then turned to Ren, with the glare.
    "So don't disappoint me! I'll show you I can be a better human than human, even when I am weak like one! And if you do disappoint me...I'll eat you!"
    She makes it a promise.
    But then suddenly Kazari falls onto Ren, unconscious. The necklace hangs ominously.

Kazari is asleep.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, you're so adorable when you're mad. Ren scooped up his sister and continued to make his way home. As he went he lovingly looked down at the sleeping face of the little girl he was cradling. When he reached their house he effortlessly leapt back inside through the window and thought about how nifty it was to be so strong with her power. Then he brought Kazari to her room and tucked her in as nicely as he could. He sat at her side and watched her sleep for a few minutes, listening to her breathe and to the sound of her heart. He put a hand on her cheek which later shifted to her neck to feel her pulse and leaned over to take a sniff of her hair. Lastly, he stroked her hair for a moment before leaving her room. Her deliciousness was not what motivated him to do these things. He just wanted to better experience what his sister was. Afterwards, he headed back outside and wandered around for a while to see what his neighbourhood was like through the eyes of a youkai on a night of high spiritual activity. Once he was done, he returned home, made sure to close the window, took a look at himself in the bathroom mirror and went to bed. While he slept he wondered how the next day would play out.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-19 at 07:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, you're so adorable when you're mad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ren scooped up his sister and continued to make his way home. As he went he lovingly looked down at the sleeping face of the little girl he was cradling. When he reached their house he effortlessly leapt back inside through the window and thought about how nifty it was to be so strong with her power. Then he brought Kazari to her room and tucked her in as nicely as he could. He sat at her side and watched her sleep for a few minutes, listening to her breathe and to the sound of her heart. He put a hand on her cheek which later shifted to her neck to feel her pulse and leaned over to take a sniff of her hair. Lastly, he stroked her hair for a moment before leaving her room. Her deliciousness was not what motivated him to do these things. He just wanted to better experience what his sister was. Afterwards, he headed back outside and wandered around for a while to see what his neighbourhood was like through the eyes of a youkai on a night of high spiritual activity. Once he was done, he returned home, made sure to close the window, took a look at himself in the bathroom mirror and went to bed. While he slept he wondered how the next day would play out.
    Kazari
    The next morning Kazari come downstairs in a good mood with a humming song. Already dressed in school uniform, Kazari stops to fix her pigtails at a mirror. She smiled at the mirror and then came to breakfast.
    She said spiritedly "Good morning mother! Good morning brother!" And began to eat happily.
    This was not the usual Kazari with a serious and proud behavior.
    "Today is a good day." She said, admiring the clear sky from the window.

Of course of Kazari, she woke up with normal feelings. Around her neck is the necklace of course. Occasionally she looks at Ren and smiles.
    When they walk to school however, she takes off the necklace and hands it to Ren.
    "Here, you can wear it today!" She offers carefreely.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Ren took the necklace and slipped it on. He wondered why Kazari was acting so spirited. She was naturally enthusiastic and sweet, but she had seemed quite angry last night. Maybe she was trying to do him a favour by hiding the discomfort she felt being powerless. Then again, maybe this was a side effect of her transferring her powers to him. Perhaps she genuinely felt happier being a regular human during the day. Maybe her youkai nature simply made her less cheery. "I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. I didn't mean to offend you. I really appreciate you letting me borrow your power. Do you still feel really drained?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-19 at 10:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia sighs, cradling Val's head an inch from the floor. Wouldn't do to let her dearest daughter get a concussion. After checking her vitals, and making sure that they're regular, the Quincy picks up her daughter, then walks up to Val's room, where she pours a little water down her throat, and settles in.

[Roughly 7:00 the next day]

Val feels a bit of gentle jostling.

"Vally, it's time to get up!'
    Valeria groans... and after a few moments, slowly sits up and wraps her arms around her shins. She looks towards, but not directly at her mother. She's silent.

"...Yesterday wasn't a dream, was it..."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Barbarian in the Playground

____Chapter I____
    Acquaintances
    Next >>

Ryouta scanned the invoice in front of him for a brief moment before attaching his signature and placing it aside. The museum had been making a great deal of new purchases for an upcoming display, though most of them were fairly mundane by his standards. He hadn't been able to find a single Quincy artifact worth collecting in weeks, and the theft of his last target was still a sore spot in his memories. He needed something new to get his mind off of it, but there was a niggling thought in the back of his mind. Something he couldn't quite place, but knew it was off.

Once he reached the bottom of his paperwork, he leaned back into his chair and closed his eyes, shutting out the sight of his small office and drifting off into a brief period of relaxation. He knew it wouldn't last. It never did. There always seemed to be someone popping into his office for a signature or an interview or this or that. And if there wasn't someone talking to him face-to-face, he was on the phone. If there was one thing he longed for, it was a vacation. From everything.

The closest he could get, however was the radio stationed on the end of his desk. With his eyes still closed, he let the music envelop him and take him somewhere he didn't have to worry anymore. He even caught the slightest smile upon his lips as he leaned back even further to enjoy the few minutes of relief. To his disappointment, he found the song was just ending. For a moment, he thought of simply opening his eyes and returning to his duties, but he instead found himself still adrift in nothingness. From the soundless void left behind by the previous song emerged another. The station he usually listened to played a lot of English songs, and the one that had just started was one that Ryouta recognized. It was an old song, but was still upbeat and catchy. As if it were instinct, he even found himself silently mouthing the lyrics as they began.

Please allow me to introduce myself,
    I'm a man of wealth and taste
    I've been around for a long, long year,
    Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
    Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that Pilate
    Washed his hands and sealed his fate

"Pleased to meet you," came a voice just as the radio clicked off, snapping Ryouta out of his daze and upright into his chair. Standing before him was a tall, slender individual wearing a suit and tie. He was well-groomed; clean-shaven and hair neatly slicked back over his head, but despite his formal appearance, he seemed to be very casual with Ryouta. He hadn't even heard the stranger enter his office, much less creep up to his desk and turn off his radio. It was a little surreal, and for a moment, Ryouta wasn't entirely sure if he had drifted off to sleep and was merely dreaming. However, the longer the stranger simply stared at him, smiling and waiting for a response, the more Ryouta realized it was no dream.

"I didn't hear you come in," he said aloud, as if to confirm it with himself. He glanced toward his office door. The stranger must have closed it behind him after he entered. Compounding the oddity was that he hadn't been paged by his secretary regarding any visitors. Did he have a meeting he forgot about? How long had he been distracted in his daydreaming? Whatever the answer was, it seemed the stranger wasn't disappointed, but more amused at catching Ryouta with his pants down, figuratively speaking.

"My apologies. I do tend to make a habit of that," the stranger added, his smile growing larger. His voice was calm and smooth. Everything about him seemed so well-articulated. And yet the strangest thing about him was that Ryouta couldn't shake the feeling that he had met him before. "Tadayoshi Ryouta, am I correct?"

"You are," Ryouta replied with a slight nod. He leaned forward, clasping his hands and placing them on his desk as he studied the man. "Do I know you?"

"I can't exactly answer that question for you. But I do know you. It's unlikely that we've ever been formally introduced, however." The stranger extended a hand, leaving it hovering halfway over Ryouta's desk, beckoning him to cover the rest of the distance himself. Not sure whether or not he should make the move, Ryouta simply stared at the outstretched hand for what felt like far longer than it should have been. Finally, he cautiously pushed himself to his feet and slowly put his hand into the strangers'.

After a brief shake, they parted ways, though Ryouta left his hand frozen in place for a few seconds before narrowing his eyes and asking, "So then what exactly are you doing here?"

"Just checking in," he answered. "It's been a while and I had a feeling it would be a good time to see you again."

"Whoever you are," Ryouta noted with a nod. He continued to look the stranger up and down, studying him as he sunk back into his chair.

The stranger chuckled. "You needn't worry about me, Ryouta. I'm harmless. It's your other friends that you should concern yourself with."

"Other friends? Who?"

"You'll see soon enough. They're on their way as we speak."

Ryouta's eyes widened, though he wasn't sure why. Was it something he should be afraid of? Maybe it was just a prank set up by an old acquaintance. No, he could tell something was off. There was something in the air that made him uneasy, like a storm was growing in the sky just mere moments away from unleashing itself onto the landscape. And he didn't have long to find shelter.

Before Ryouta could say anything else, the stranger took in a breath and clasped his hands in front of himself. "Well, give them my regards," he said. "Of course, I'm sure I'll be seeing them as well before too long."

As the man turned to leave the room, Ryouta wanted nothing more than to stop him, corner him and get the answers to his questions. Unfortunately, no matter how hard he tried, he could do nothing more than sit in confused silence and watch as the stranger glided toward the door. Finally, Ryouta managed to shove himself out of his chair and to his feet once again. "What's your name?" he demanded just as the stranger stopped in the doorway.

With a turn of his head, the man looked back, still smiling a crooked smile on his lips and answered, "You won't need it." Without another word, he turned the corner and disappeared from sight, leaving Ryouta hunching over his desk in silence, going over his now stirred thoughts. He was alone, but it wouldn't be for long.

That's what worried him.
    Last edited by Zarah; 2011-09-24 at 06:09 PM.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari
    [Go to School]

Kazari blinked looked surprised and up at Ren.
    "Oh! It's ok." She laughs.
    "Well, no, I don't think so. But I gave you the necklace. Me. That way the energy can return to it from you." She said happily.
    "But maybe it will take some time. If you focus, it should be faster."

She paused and then turned to Ren.
    "Did you know? I had a dream last night!"
    She said excitedly. It is a fast mood change of Kazari, almost unbalancing.
    Energetic Kazari twirled and swung her school bag at Ren.
    "It's strange! I-I don't remember it very well. I woke up this morning...and I feel good! The sun is warm... it's peaceful... And breakfast was delicious! I was very hungry! But I thought I would remember the dream to tell you. It was my first."
    She looks cutely frustrated. "I think I had a dream."
    Then she looked sideways at Ren. It was an appraising expression.
    "You seem without energy today Ren. You went outside again, didn't you?"

Sayaka

Sayaka is quiet until students arrive at the school. It is an awkward walk for her.

21. - Top - End - #501

Sora stood, slowly. Damn it. He hated thinking about her. He hated thinking about what had happened that day.

Ah, but nii-chan, you can't ever forget about it! It's why you cover your face!

Heh. She would go there, wouldn't she. Sora loathed the covered side of his face with a passion. Showing it would be like revealing his feelings to the world.

After all, you're not very intimidating once people see you're blind in one eye. It kind of ruins your image.

Haha, onii, you're so silly sometimes~

God he hated her sometimes. Hated hearing her laugh, hearing her voice again. It wasn't the same. Memories never replaced people. Never could.

You're being such a jerk Aniki!

He could almost see her stomping her feet and sulking. Tears came to his eyes again. Damn. Just had to get to the school.

"Hey... Is that Namikaze-san over there?"

"Is he crying?"

Hell. Just had to get inside. Get away from all of it for a bit.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kazari
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Go to School]

Kazari blinked looked surprised and up at Ren.
    "Oh! It's ok." She laughs.
    "Well, no, I don't think so. But I gave you the necklace. Me. That way the energy can return to it from you." She said happily.
    "But maybe it will take some time. If you focus, it should be faster."

She paused and then turned to Ren.
    "Did you know? I had a dream last night!"
    She said excitedly. It is a fast mood change of Kazari, almost unbalancing.
    Energetic Kazari twirled and swung her school bag at Ren.
    "It's strange! I-I don't remember it very well. I woke up this morning...and I feel good! The sun is warm... it's peaceful... And breakfast was delicious! I was very hungry! But I thought I would remember the dream to tell you. It was my first."
    She looks cutely frustrated. "I think I had a dream."
    Then she looked sideways at Ren. It was an appraising expression.
    "You seem without energy today Ren. You went outside again, didn't you?"

Ren turned to his sister as he walked. "Yep. I figured I should try to get the most out of the opportunity you've given me. It was really nice. I didn't encounter anyone while I was out, but experiencing the town at night with your senses was plenty entertaining all on its own." Ren put on a bright smile to try to convince Kazari he had plenty of energy and match her liveliness. "I'm really glad you're enjoying your time as a human. I was worried it might be a pain to go without your youkai nature." He wondered if Kazari's pleasant dream had something to do with how he had watched over her last night. If so, he was relieved she had felt his presence comforting instead of creepy. "I'd love to hear anything you can remember about your dream."
    Sayaka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sayaka is quiet until students arrive at the school. It is an awkward walk for her.
    Ken looked to Sayaka. "So, what did your father say about my leaving?" Although he sounded a bit nonchalant it was clear he felt awkward.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudia shakes her head, remaining on one knee beside Valeria's bed.

"No. I'm... I'm sorry, Vally. I didn't think of just how badly the shock would hurt you. I can see now that I never should have lied. I just wanted to make sure that you know what is going on in this town..."

She shifts, bringing her face-to-face with her daughter.

"...Can you forgive me?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

Val finally looks to her mother. "Of course I can forgive you, you're my mom. I just... need a little time to come to terms with this."

She manages a slight smile despite her inner turmoil. "So, what's for breakfast?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Sayaka
    [morning]

Sayaka looked up when called by Ken. She was carrying a sports bag and her school bag, and walked up to the two.
    "Good morning." She said to Kina and Ken. Then she turned to Ken and looked embarrassed.
    "Here. You left your clothes. I washed them and am returning them." She handed the sports bag to Ken.
    She looked at Kina. "Are your hands ok?" She asked.
    "Yes, um, my hands are much better. Thank you for your help." Kina smiles at Sayaka.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Daichi smiles. "Ah.

Here's my request to you, then. Please, make sure Izumi stays safe. She can rush into things, at times, and... well, none of us are really able to make sure of her safety ourselves, so the best I can really do is ask you to look out for her."
    Rex nodded emphatically. Yes, sir. You have my word that I'll do all I can to make sure Izumi comes home safe. I swear it on my Texan and Quincy pride."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora stood, slowly. Damn it. He hated thinking about her. He hated thinking about what had happened that day.

Ah, but nii-chan, you can't ever forget about it! It's why you cover your face!

Heh. She would go there
    Spoiler
    Show
    , wouldn't she. Sora loathed the covered side of his face with a passion. Showing it would be like revealing his feelings to the world.

After all, you're not very intimidating once people see you're blind in one eye. It kind of ruins your image.

Haha, onii, you're so silly sometimes~

God he hated her sometimes. Hated hearing her laugh, hearing her voice again. It wasn't the same. Memories never replaced people. Never could.

You're being such a jerk Aniki!

He could almost see her stomping her feet and sulking. Tears came to his eyes again. Damn. Just had to get to the school.

"Hey... Is that Namikaze-san over there?"

"Is he crying?"

Hell. Just had to get inside. Get away from all of it for a bit.
    Suddenly, there was someone walking in step with Sora. For several moments, they didn't talk, just matching his pace.

If he looked over, he'd see Kaito calmly walking beside him.

Already the whispers were starting even more strongly; after all, Kaito's house had been shot up! Of course, they didn't have long to worry about that; several people suddenly, mysteriously had their schoolbags fall to the ground as one by one they had a "strap failure". Kaito's face had a faintly amused smile on it as he stared ahead and spoke.

"Shame the poor quality control on some backpack brands, isn't it."

He glanced to Sora, a bit of concern in his eyes.

"You gonna need an extra minute? I can try to cover for you in class if you do."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex nodded emphatically. Yes, sir. You have my word that I'll do all I can to make sure Izumi comes home safe. I swear it on my Texan and Quincy pride."
    Daichi smiles. "Thank you. Would you like to stay for dinner? Or do you need to get back to your family?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Val finally looks to her mother. "Of course I can forgive you, you're my mom. I just... need a little time to come to terms with this."

She manages a slight smile despite her inner turmoil. "So, what's for breakfast?"
    Claudia blinks, then smiles in return.

"Oh, ah..." she stifles a yawn. Val may notice some bags beneath her mother's eyes. "I haven't really had a chance to fix it. Maybe some Tojások keret (eggs framed by bread) and juice?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Suddenly, there was someone walking in step with Sora. For several moments, they didn't talk, just matching his pace.

If he looked over, he'd see Kaito calmly walking beside him.

Already the whispers were starting even more strongly; after all, Kaito's house had been shot up! Of course, they didn't have long to worry about that; several people suddenly, mysteriously had their schoolbags fall to the ground as one by one they had a "strap failure". Kaito's face had a faintly amused smile on it as he stared ahead and spoke.

"Shame the poor quality control on some backpack brands, isn't it."

He glanced to Sora, a bit of concern in his eyes.

"You gonna need an extra minute? I can try to cover for you in class if you do."
    Sora looks up, and blushes. "N-n-no! I'm fine! Everything is perfectly great!" Considering how Sora usually acts, this is a far cry from the snarker Kaito spoke with yesterday.

"I've just um... been remembering some stuff." He looks like he's slipping back into play, the blush slowly fading with his stutter.

"My apologies Kaito, I was... overreacting to a ridiculous event."

Gasp! Nii-chan, I never knew you were a liar!

Shut. Up.

The voice grew quiet once again. Sora recomposed himself, and pulled out a sketchbook, flipping it to an empty page, and beginning drawing.

Anyone looking over his shoulder would see the beginnings of a sketch of two children, walking side by side, hand in hand.