New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Kazari

"Ah. Y-yes." Some of the energy disappears and she frowns. But this is specialty Kazari expression.
    "...
    I guess...when humans wake up it is very refreshing. And the sun is very nice. I think humans enjoy day more than youkai enjoy night."
    She stretches.
    "Huah! It's so much emotions! M-maybe not as much as youkai, but more powerful."
    Kazari has a big smile and glowing appearance.
    "Happiness and joy are more powerful than youkai feeling. Maybe it is why I feel good mood. I understand that story we must read in class now."
    She again energetically swings the bag.
    "Maybe humans have good abilities too." She admits. "But I do feel strange and a little nervous. I don't feel as much control over myself like this. I'm worried I'll stupidly do something." She stops in front of Ren.
    "Don't think it is a permanent situation!" She reminds quickly with a pout.
    Suddenly a Kazari like emotion. She makes a proud face and starts to walk like a model student.
    The junior high school is close, so it is a time for separation.
    "See you! Enjoy your school life Ren! I'll expect the dessert treat when the venti buon meeting comes! And pineapples!"
    She did not forget the reward. Kazari waves and goes to the Junior High School.
    Of course, Kazari immediately looks for Chiyoko. She is very curious if Chiyoko can notice.
    Kazari stops suddenly. What if Chiyoko can't see Kazari now?
    Kazari is worried by this thought and hurries.

When Ren continues towards school, suddenly there is an uncomfortable feeling. There is a dangerous aura here. It isn't 'hollow' aura. It doesn't feel youkai. But somewhere. He can feel other spiritual presences too. Most are faint.
    When he walks into the doorway, there is an alarm feeling. Like to be shocked. Everything feels very oppressive. It is a little hard to breathe.

Sayaka

"Don't mind." She says to Kina with a small smile. "You were very cool yesterday. I don't think I told you that." Sayaka says with some embarrassment.

Sayaka looks uncomfortable and pulls on her skirt. She doesn't look at Ken.
    "He said that you are going to improve your character in your own way. He said that you don't need to be at the shrine, and that it will only create problems for me."
    She hesitates. Then she looks at Kina and Ken.
    "I... have to be careful. My father is not happy about what happened yesterday. I took the responsibility. But I'm not sure what he will..."

Sayaka stopped suddenly with a sharp expression on her face. Reaching under her uniform, she takes a talisman.
    "Something isn't right."
    She turns around to look behind her.
    And then looks at the school again.
    There is a cold feeling.
    Sayaka looks around, but only it is students preparing in the morning.
    Looking troubled, Sayaka stops.
    "Let's go to class quickly." Is a suggestion.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora looks up, and blushes. "N-n-no! I'm fine! Everything is perfectly great!" Considering how Sora usually acts, this is a far cry from the snarker Kaito spoke with yesterday.

"I've just um... been remembering some stuff." He looks like he's slipping back into play, the blush slowly fading with his stutter.

"My apologies Kaito, I was... overreacting to a ridiculous event."

Gasp! Nii-chan, I never knew you were a liar!

Shut. Up.

The voice grew quiet once again. Sora recomposed himself, and pulled out a sketchbook, flipping it to an empty page, and beginning drawing.

Anyone looking over his shoulder would see the beginnings of a sketch of two children, walking side by side, hand in hand.
    Kaito resists the temptation to look, and keeps his eyes open for nosey schoolkids. He frowns at Sora's denial.

"I'm not going to make you stay out of class, Sora. But if you really want to try being friends, try not to throw up smoke on things like this. I know you're rattled by something. I don't really care what. I just figure it's better for everyone if you have the chance to take a minute to collect yourself before heading into class.

Failing that, I can always sit right in front of you and try to block the teacher's view.
    "

He ignored any odd look Sora might give him at the suggestion.

'Sora helped fight Hollows to rescue my parents. Despite me being horrible to him, after just one apology, he came. School is important, but the kind of monster we faced...It's more important. We "gifted" kids need to stick together...'

He walked in silence as he mused.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren

"Don't worry, I'll keep my promise!" When Ren starts to feel the dangerous presences he becomes more alert and turns all the way around to see if he can spot the source of any of them. On his way to school and the classroom he constantly, discreetly glances from side to side. When he enters his room and feels the tense atmosphere he further mentally prepares himself to fight while still remaining calm.

Ken

Ah, this is a bad time to say it. Oh well. "Alright, but before we do I just want to tell you what I told Kina yesterday." He paused for a very short moment and took a breath to prepare himself. "I'm sorry if it seems like I haven't been taking things seriously and I've been trying to flirt with other girls. Sometimes I just like to tease people like Kazari or to say something nice to someone who looks like they could use some cheering up like Valeria. I promise I won't say any more questionable things to them. I'm sorry if I seem creepy and far too calm when we're in danger. I really do take fighting hollows seriously and I understand the danger in doing so. I'm sorry if I didn't seem to care much when I first picked you up and spoke to you after the hollow that attacked you while you were alone was defeated. I have a hard time expressing myself and I simply don't feel and handle things the way others do. I often naturally take a detached view in tense situations. I promise I'll act and be more caring. I'm sorry I haven't gotten along well with Kaito. I promise I'll apologize to him for being at odds with him and I'll try hard to befriend him. Today I was thinking I'd invite him to sit with us for lunch to get started." Ken paused again briefly. "I want you to know I really enjoyed staying over at your place and I was really looking forward to you and your father teaching me. I still am. If he ever changes his mind about me I'd love to receive his instruction." While Ken spoke he wore a strained expression that seemed to plead she would believe him.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-21 at 03:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Daichi smiles. "Thank you. Would you like to stay for dinner? Or do you need to get back to your family?"
    Rex chuckled. "My family's back in the States, Daichi-san, so I'd be surprised if they were waiting up for me. Thank you for the hospitality." This was going a great deal more smoothly than he'd imagined. Go figure. Rex still had no idea why he'd been vaguely dreading meeting Izumi's father more than fighting Hollows.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia blinks, then smiles in return.

"Oh, ah..." she stifles a yawn. Val may notice some bags beneath her mother's eyes. "I haven't really had a chance to fix it. Maybe some Tojások keret (eggs framed by bread) and juice?"
    Valeria nods. "That sounds good. I, uh, should get ready for school." Her smile is subdued for a moment. "...I might be a little late getting home, my friends wanted to meet at Venti Buon... If that's okay..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-21 at 07:04 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Kina shyly smiles. "Um, thank you, Sayaka. I, uh, couldn't have done it without you. Your barrier... it would have been impossible without it." She puts a hand on Sayaka's shoulder in a friendly gesture.

At Sayaka's suggestion, Kina nods in agreement. "A-alright." Kina looks around as well. She seems troubled, though probably not for the same reason as Sayaka. "L-let's, um, go."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito resists the temptation to look, and keeps his eyes open for nosey schoolkids. He frowns at Sora's denial.

"I'm not going to make you stay out of class, Sora. But if you really want to try being friends, try not to throw up smoke on things like this. I know you're rattled by something. I don't really care what. I just figure it's better for everyone if you have the chance to take a minute to collect yourself before heading into class.

Failing that, I can always sit right in front of you and try to block the teacher's view.
    "

He ignored any odd look Sora might give him at the suggestion.

'Sora helped fight Hollows to rescue my parents. Despite me being horrible to him, after just one apology, he came. School is important, but the kind of monster we faced...It's more important. We "gifted" kids need to stick together...'

He walked in silence as he mused.
    Sora shrugs. "I feel perfectly alright now Kaito-san. I apologize for worrying you."

He's barely paying attention now, picking up one of his headphones, clipping it to his ear with one hand, pencil in his mouth, sketchbook in the other.

"I just needed to compose myself momentarily."

At Kaito's suggestion, Sora doesn't react for a second, but as Kaito begins to walk away, a small smile covers the boy's face.

"Thank you... Kaito-san..."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex chuckled. "My family's back in the States, Daichi-san, so I'd be surprised if they were waiting up for me. Thank you for the hospitality." This was going a great deal more smoothly than he'd imagined. Go figure. Rex still had no idea why he'd been vaguely dreading meeting Izumi's father more than fighting Hollows.
    "All right then."

Izumi's mother smiles from where she is. "We'll get dinner ready for six, then."

Both Izumi's parents head off to the kitchen, while Izumi, Chiyoko, and the young man come over. "Not that scary after all?" Izumi grins at Rex. "This is my older brother, Norio. Norio-niisan, this is Rex."

Norio bows slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Rex-san."

The next day- Izumi

Izumi will already be in class by the time anyone else gets there, ready for class to start.

Next Day- Chiyoko

Kazari's fears aren't entirely unfounded. Chiyoko doesn't sense her through her reiatsu. But she does hear her friend's footsteps. "Hello? Who is it?"
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-22 at 04:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

"All right then."

Izumi's mother smiles from where she is. "We'll get dinner ready for six, then."

Both Izumi's parents head off to the kitchen, while Izumi, Chiyoko, and the young man come over. "Not that scary after all?" Izumi grins at Rex. "This is my older brother, Norio. Norio-niisan, this is Rex."

Norio bows slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Rex-san."
    "You too, Norio-san." Rex finally cracked an easy grin at Izumi, relaxing slightly. "Ya didn't tell me your family knew what you're doin'. Guess life's not like TV after all, with kids gettin' superpowers an' tryin' to keep their families in the dark."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-09-22 at 02:41 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sora shrugs. "I feel perfectly alright now Kaito-san. I apologize for worrying you."

He's barely paying attention now, picking up one of his headphones, clipping it to his ear with one hand, pencil in his mouth, sketchbook in the other.

"I just needed to compose myself momentarily."

At Kaito's suggestion, Sora doesn't react for a second, but as Kaito begins to walk away, a small smile covers the boy's face.

"Thank you... Kaito-san..."
    Kaito shrugs as he walks a bit in front of Sora, "clearing the way" and also giving Sora a bit of extra time when they enter the room.

"It happens. And it's no big. That's what friends do, right?"

Then they reached the classroom, the door already open as Kaito walked inside, chose a seat about midway between front and back, with an open desk behind it, and sat down. He tucked his bookbag in the slot under his seat, and only when he was sitting up straight again did he see Izumi. Sitting right next to him, and by virtue of his current posture, less than a foot away.

Kaito blushed furiously as his teenage mind recalled that moment on the rooftop yesterday. That horrible, embarrassing, glorious moment. He stuttered as he spoke.

"Oh! Uh....H-hi Izumi. Um. Nice to see you this morning. You're doing well after last night?"

He blushed deeper as he contemplated those words.

"I mean, uh, you know, everyone went home their separate ways, we didn't all get to say bye and stuff. Um. Yeah. Glad you made it to school."

Somehow, he's still frozen in that half-leaning posture, probably because his brain is still restarting.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria nods. "That sounds good. I, uh, should get ready for school." Her smile is subdued for a moment. "...I might be a little late getting home, my friends wanted to meet at Venti Buon... If that's okay..."
    Claudia nods, smiling more emphatically.

"That sounds wonderful, Vally. Just be careful, okay? This town is a spiritual hotspot; that's what I was trying to get at last night. Wandering too much could be a bit dangerous."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

"Thanks, mom..." Val gives her mother a hug, then readies herself for school.

--

Uncharacteristically just before the bell, Valeria rushes in, looking flustered. She sits at... the seat immediately left of her own.

Then thinks about it for a second.

Then quickly jumps over to her own seat. All the while, she is vehemently attempting to avert her eyes from Sora.

...Everyone's going to ask. Good job. She sighs mentally...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #523

Sora opens his mouth to say something, then closes it as Val walks in.

Body heat, skin touching, sensations

Shut up. He couldn't deal with that goddamn monologue right now.

Ara nii-chan, what's going on? Is she your girlfrieeend?

Ugh. You have terrible timing.

Nii-chan, it's not nice to hide things from your sister! Kaa-san would be so disappointed!

Ugh. Glancing at Val, his cheeks flush momentarily and he quickly turns away and walks towards his seat, sitting down. Fiddling with his other headphone, he blocks out the world, focusing on the picture in front of him.

A boy and a girl. Both fairly young, from the look of it. The girl's face was filled with laughter, her eyes dancing as she held onto the boy's hand. The boy's face was hidden by his hair, apart from the small, small smile on his lips. It was a heartrending one, filled with sadness. As the drawing continued, the girl was clearly made to be a foil to the boy. Her laughter to his sad smile. Her curiosity to his apathy.

Damn he missed her.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-22 at 10:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

[The School]
    That one class with the people

Nakahiro, not unusually, had shown up in class before everyone else. He is sitting in his customary seat, reading a book of some sort. As his friends slowly begin to arrive and take up their positions, he looks up and glances between Izumi and Kaito, and Valeria and Sora. He sticks a finger into his mouth and holds it up as thought testing the wind before returning to his book.

"Today's forecast is partly awkward with a 20% chance of sexual tension. Thank you for tuning in to the Nakahiro weather service."

His voice maintains the usual deadpan of his humor.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-09-22 at 10:46 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Night before

Izumi grins somewhat awkwardly. "Or 'tried, and completely failed'. Let me put it this way: I found out today that the entire family can, at least, see ghosts."

Izumi- School

Izumi glares at Nakahiro. "Gee, thanks for the observation. As if I wasn't already confused enough..."

She then turns to Kaito. "Yeah, I'm doing okay. Chiyoko's going fine too, so that's good."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #526

Nakahiro grins cheekily, still reading.

"Our forecasters work twenty four seven to make sure that we have the most up to date socio-meteorological data on the planet. We're glad that you appreciate our dedication."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina shyly smiles. "Um, thank you, Sayaka. I, uh, couldn't have done it without you. Your barrier... it would have been impossible without it." She puts a hand on Sayaka's shoulder in a friendly gesture.[/COLOR]
    Sayaka makes a small and tired smile. "Thank you. But it would not be defeated without your arrow."

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken
    Ah, this is a bad time to say it. Oh well. "Alright, but before we do I just want to tell you what I told Kina yesterday." He paused for a very short moment and took a breath to prepare himself. "I'm sorry if it seems like I haven't been taking things seriously and I've been trying to flirt with other girls. Sometimes I just like to tease people like Kazari or to say something nice to someone who looks like they could use some cheering up like Valeria. I promise I won't say any more questionable things to them. I'm sorry if I seem creepy and far too calm when we're in danger. I really do take fighting hollows seriously and I understand the danger in doing so. I'm sorry if I didn't seem to care much when I first picked you up and spoke to you after the hollow that attacked you while you were alone was defeated. I have a hard time expressing myself and I simply don't feel and handle things the way others do. I often naturally take a detached view in tense situations. I promise I'll act and be more caring. I'm sorry I haven't gotten along well with Kaito. I promise I'll apologize to him for being at odds with him and I'll try hard to befriend him. Today I was thinking I'd invite him to sit with us for lunch to get started." Ken paused again briefly. "I want you to know I really enjoyed staying over at your place and I was really looking forward to you and your father teaching me. I still am. If he ever changes his mind about me I'd love to receive his instruction." While Ken spoke he wore a strained expression that seemed to plead she would believe him.
    "Other girls?" Sayaka looks distressed.
    "It would be nice if you didn't say questionable things to me too." She says with a sigh. "Why are you promising these things to me?" She looked more upset. "That attack still worries me. I still don't know what happened." She sighs.
    "Why are you promising me about Kaito? Shouldn't you talk to him? It would be nice if you have friendship with him, but it isn't my interest."
    She points at Kaito who comes into the classroom with Sora. Sora does not look happy though, Sayaka realizes.
    The uncomfortable situation is mostly unnoticed by tired Sayaka who is uncomfortable situation with Ken and Kina.

"About my father..." She sighed. She looked very tired. "If you fight hollows, I don't think he will change his mind." She covers her mouth and yawn. "I had to do purification ceremony last night. And clean the guest room. And do laundry. And study. And clean the dead cicadas from the shrine.
    Probably he wants to make other training for me to do too. There was no time to make talisman, so only have one today.
    I hope there is no attack."

Sayaka lies on her desk like she is sleeping.

[COLOR="Green"]
    Next Day- Chiyoko

Kazari's fears aren't entirely unfounded. Chiyoko doesn't sense her through her reiatsu. But she does hear her friend's footsteps. "Hello? Who is it?"
    Kazari
    Kazari looks surprised.

"It's Kazari! Good morning Chiyoko. I'm sorry about yesterday. Are you ok?"

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

As Kaito comes into the room, Kina waves to him and smiles for a moment, then turns her attention back to Ken and Sayaka, unless Kaito responds directly at her.

Kina pats Sayaka on the shoulder. "Sorry for, um, causing trouble."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Chiyoko nods. "Yeah, I am.

...you feel different. You okay, Kazari?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As Kaito comes into the room, Kina waves to him and smiles for a moment, then turns her attention back to Ken and Sayaka, unless Kaito responds directly at her.

Right before he'd sat down, Kaito awkwardly waved at Kina. Then, well, things happened.

Izumi- School

Izumi glares at Nakahiro. "Gee, thanks for the observation. As if I wasn't already confused enough..."

She then turns to Kaito. "Yeah, I'm doing okay. Chiyoko's going fine too, so that's good."
    Somewhere between when Izumi glared at Nakahiro and looked back to Kaito, he was sitting up normally, the blush mostly gone.

"Yeah, that's good to hear. Especially your sister, what with the kidnapping part."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro grins cheekily, still reading.

"Our forecasters work twenty four seven to make sure that we have the most up to date socio-meteorological data on the planet. We're glad that you appreciate our dedication."
    Kaito also glares.

"You are not helping. This is like anti-help. I would need a new word for this."

There's no real venom behind the words, though.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-09-22 at 10:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

Nakahiro still doesn't look up from his book.

"I have taken helping people to an art form. I have gotten so good at it that I help them so much, it wraps around and becomes unhelpful."

22. - Top - End - #532

Sora snorts as Nakahiro speaks. He's leaning slightly back in his desk, biting the eraser of his pencil as he eyes his sketch, one headphone out of his ear.

"In other words, you're simply hopelessly incompetent at helping anyone Nakahiro-san, and enjoy spreading the misery you feel about this to others."

He whistles as he begins to sketch a line. "...I apologize for my previous statement. It was rather rude."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria barely resists the urge to throw something at Nakahiro, instead focusing intently on her desk with a reddened face. In fact, if anyone looked at her desk they might even see the surface brown ever so slightly.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #534

Nakahiro's grin splits wider.

"More or less, but only when I'm being really helpful. The rest of the time I can't quite reach the peak of helpfulness, so I end up actually making people happier."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

"Don't mind." It is muffled response of Sayaka.

Chiyoko nods. "Yeah, I am.

...you feel different. You okay, Kazari?"
    Kazari

"I am human. For today." Kazari says. "What do you mean to say 'different'?" Kazari is curious of Chiyoko, as they sit down.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken leaned towards Sayaka and whispered, "Well when I spoke to Kina yesterday she made it clear some of my behaviour bothered her so I wanted to assure both of you I'd act better. As for why I didn't promise to not say anything questionable to you, I've never said a single complimentary thing to you I didn't entirely mean so I didn't see a point to doing so. I'm sorry if your father's been giving you a hard time for associating with me." He returned to sitting upright and began to observe the others around him.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-22 at 11:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito just buried his face in his hands.

"Dealing with machine-gun-wielding assassins was better than this. Gah."

His head then *thunks* on his desk.

"What else could go wonky this morning?"

Famous last words.

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro's grin splits wider.

"More or less, but only when I'm being really helpful. The rest of the time I can't quite reach the peak of helpfulness, so I end up actually making people happier."
    Sora nods, almost... what the hell.

Is that sympathy?

"Such is the fate of a helpful person. Perhaps you can take up a job as a security guard, as then your helpfulness can truly soar. Or perhaps you'll just end up sore."

Ugh. That was a terrible pun.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito's head doesn't move as he groans at the pun.

"You two are going to be a royal pain now. I just know it. I'm doomed."

There was no malice in his voice, though there was exasperation.

"What next? Detailed plans on annoying people?"

Suddenly his head shoots up and he looks at both of them with panic in his eyes.

"That is not met giving you any ideas about plotting toget-. Yeah. No. Oy ve."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night before

Izumi grins somewhat awkwardly. "Or 'tried, and completely failed'. Let me put it this way: I found out today that the entire family can, at least, see ghosts."
    "Wha-?" It took Rex a few seconds to wipe the bewilderment from his face. "That's... really unusual. Even in my family, it usually takes training before we can see 'em."