New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

"And now we see a little progress." Hasunaga explained. "What you feel right now is how many human beings who are otherwise unburdened by circunstances in their lives feel. It is as much contentment as it is ignorance of their real situation - namely, the existence of Hollows and what it implies.

That feeling is something worth preserving."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Carmelia stares at the glass for a moment. It is certainly nice. She thinks.

After staring at the glass for a few moments, she looks back up at Hasunaga. "The fact that I know of the reality of this world means that feeling is more precious, isn't it?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Void]

Doompine hops out of the way, suffering some trimming of his ferns, and counterattacking with several vines. The garganta follows above.

Just then, a beeping noise accompanied by blue flashes of light comes from inside the thorns. "Hrm. No time to deal with you." With that, the evil tree creates another garganta, and hops through.

[Rooftop]

The momentary peace is interrupted by the opening of a garganta, and the towering form of Doompine crashing onto the roof. Before anyone can say anything, powerful vines reach for Longlegs, intending to wrap around all of its legs and pull, like a cruel child.

"You have failed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. with Longlegs vs. Doompine]

Longlegs turns back to look at Doompine dispassionately. It makes no move to defend itself as the ligneous Hollow grabs it by the legs and lifts it into the air. Doompine is going to be pulling for a long time, however, because Longlegs' legs keep extending out further and further from its body.

"Hello, Doompine."

Longlegs turns back to the group of kids, and propels itself forward by further extending its legs until it is face to face with Izumi.

"Do it now."

As Longlegs is purified, it closes its eyes. Its body splits in half and then fades, leaving Doompine's vines grasping at air.

Spoiler
    Show

Longlegs' death accelerated because of Horngeek's absence.

Kaito had a moment of surprise at Doompine's presence, his attack on Longlegs, and Lonlegs' throwing itself on Izumi's blade.

Then his look of shock is replaced with a snarl of anger.

"NO! No more of this! You beasts are going to pay for what you've done today!"

His hands curl into claws, debris lifts from the ground, and as he flings his arms forward, pieces of wood, stone, and metal fly at Doompine with more speed than his last barrages.

But sweat has started to pour down the sides of his head; it's clear his efforts today are starting to exhaust Kaito...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Carmelia stares at the glass for a moment. It is certainly nice. She thinks.

After staring at the glass for a few moments, she looks back up at Hasunaga. "The fact that I know of the reality of this world means that feeling is more precious, isn't it?"
    "I'd think so, yes. The thought may be lost on the much longer-lived spiritual beings, but I think that protecting moments like these, fleeting as they are... is a noble endeavor. Even if I'm the only that thinks of it that way.

It's why I've been trying so hard to talk empowered kids out of getting involved with the spiritual side. I don't think they realize how precious such small things are."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "An arrancar is a proud menos who has transcended the base and pointlessly violent existance of the common hollow to become a much greater being. That hollow who took Val does what he does because in the end he is little more than the beast he is shaped like, devoid of true goal besides base brutish instinct."

Gabi lands on Sora's head and claws deep in his scalp.

"You have a goal. You can make choices based on more than immediate gratification. You have potential. That monster has none of those, that all a monster is, a speed bump in the road of those who would claim greatness, nothing but a thing to be overcome and remembered as a foot note for the future."

"So. Are you a bloody monster? Because if you are, I will leave now and find someone else to save Val while you wallow in such a pitiful existance."

The tiny sharp claws stay burrowed for the duration of the speech.
    Conflict washed over the boy's face. On one hand, apparently he wasn't a monster, so that was totally sweet, but on the other hand, he still was a Hollow.

He shoved both things aside, and stood firm. That could wait until after Val was rescued.

"Fine bird. I'll go. But afterwards we're going to have a little 'chat' about what I can do."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-10 at 10:58 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi lets go of his head.

"I will do better. Don't screw this up further and I will get you a teacher who will drill some true skill into that brain of yours and make you into a real warrior."

Back into the mortal world.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-08-10 at 11:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I'd think so, yes. The thought may be lost on the much longer-lived spiritual beings, but I think that protecting moments like these, fleeting as they are... is a noble endeavor. Even if I'm the only that thinks of it that way.

It's why I've been trying so hard to talk empowered kids out of getting involved with the spiritual side. I don't think they realize how precious such small things are."
    "That may be a problem, Hasunaga. If they see what we see, I doubt they will be able to ignore it for long."

"However, currently, that is none of my affair."
    Carmelia took another sip of grape juice.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gabi lets go of his head.

"I will do better. Don't screw this up further and I will get you a teacher who will drill some true skill into that brain of yours and make you into a real warrior."

Back into the mortal world.
    "Yeah, because I've screwed up so much before now."

He exits the world between, entering the mortal realm. Stretching his arms, he looks at the bird. "Which way did they go?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

"That may be a problem, Hasunaga. If they see what we see, I doubt they will be able to ignore it for long."

"However, currently, that is none of my affair."
    Carmelia took another sip of grape juice.
    "It's not a matter of ignoring. It's a matter of actively seeking it out.

I expected you to say that. Regardless... I expect it to become one of your affairs soon enough."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [With Nakahiro]

Sayaka nods.
    "I agree. We can talk about Gabi later. After this is finished."
    Sayaka is surprised Nakahiro takes her hand, and her cheeks turn more red before she recovers a little with a normal Sayaka neutral expression.
    She places her other hand on Nakahiro's shoulder, and then moves gently to the hand. He can feel a warm sensation in his hand travel in his arm. A little refreshed maybe, when she touches the back of his shoulder, spine, neck, and then the center of forehead. A little refreshed.
    Though, looking at Sayaka, she seems embarrassed a little, and removes her hand quickly.

When Nakahiro withdraws a small blue orb, Sayaka shakes her head.
    "No. Supernatural beings do not often like technology."

Quote Originally Posted by エリタカ授業中
    Erima
    [School Class]
    Erima sneezes and glares at the window angrily.
    It's too hot. Is the silent angry cry of a scarf spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazari
    Chiyoko would feel a small feeling of warm energy in the necklace she wore.
    Do you feel that? Someone is thinking about us. Just have some more confidence!
    Sayaka looks with worry at where Valeria disappeared.
    "I thought maybe it was a trap. But if it is human made, it... I don't know. I don't remember some things. But maybe there is someone who is trying to cause this trouble. But why? I don't understand. We have to hurry and rescue the victims quickly." She said. She begins to run to the place Valeria left.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #41

[Nakahiro and Sayaka]

Nakahiro stiffens a bit as he feels the unusual sensation from Sayaka's ministrations, but quickly relaxes. After Sayaka lets him go, he examines his arm for a second before letting it drop to his side.

"Thanks, I do feel better now."

His expression becomes more serious when Sayaka confirms his suspicions.

"That's what I was afraid of. Alright, well, at least that explains the strange behavior. For now, lets try to find Valeria and regroup with the others."

He runs after Sayaka.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

"It's not a matter of ignoring. It's a matter of actively seeking it out.

I expected you to say that. Regardless... I expect it to become one of your affairs soon enough."
    "I suppose that is inevitable, being with you and all."

Carmelia then starts sipping the grape juice, looking around and studying the other people in the cafe. She seems to be intensely focused on their behavior, most likely trying to figure out how to act human. Of course, knowing her, she's probably also insulting them mercilessly in her head, but at least she's learning.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"I suppose that is inevitable, being with you and all."

Carmelia then starts sipping the grape juice, looking around and studying the other people in the cafe. She seems to be intensely focused on their behavior, most likely trying to figure out how to act human. Of course, knowing her, she's probably also insulting them mercilessly in her head, but at least she's learning.
    "I wouldn't be going to all this trouble if I figured you'd just ignore me." Hasunaga put quite simply. "Your curiosity sets you apart. You may not respect humans now. But you might come to cherish their peculiar ways eventually."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"I wouldn't be going to all this trouble if I figured you'd just ignore me." Hasunaga put quite simply. "Your curiosity sets you apart. You may not respect humans now. But you might come to cherish their peculiar ways eventually."
    After a while, Carmelia looked back at Hasunaga. "Perhaps I will. Perhaps I will."

She then looks back at the others, continually sipping the grape juice as she does so. After a few minutes, she'll find the glass empty. Afterwards, she sets the glass on the table, looking back at Hasunaga, almost as if she were expecting him to say something.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

"Feel like trying to eat something next?" He said, almost done with his coffee. Being a hot drink, he couldn't sip it as quickly as Carmelia drank that juice.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Carmelia thought about it for a moment, before nodding her head. "Yes. I would like that."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga signaled Rosa. "Two chocolate brownies, please."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Rosa bowed towards Hasunaga when she heard the order. "Alright. One moment please, sir." After a few moments, she reappears with the brownies, setting them down in front of the two. "There you go!" She then goes about her job again.

----
    Carmelia looks at the brownie in front of her. She seems to be curious about how small the brownie is. She then points towards it as she looks back at Hasunaga. "Is this meant to be a food eaten for pleasure, or are human appetites smaller than hollow's?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

"Human appetites vary from time to time and person to person. Generally speaking, sweets are pleasure food - but the human body, unlike the spiritual one, needs a wide variety of substances to remain healthy. Sugars and the like act as energizers, ensuring you have short term energy to burn. But you won't find the best thing about that until you taste that brownie."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

MEANWHILE!

Rex emerged from the background to continue his tracking. This was a lot harder than he'd thought; he still wasn't used to the sheer volume of people living in the area and tracking, while not a weakness of his, also wasn't a specialty.

Wait a sec... duh. Smooth, Rex. Way to be the big dumb lunk. She's Izumi's sister, so I just gotta look for one that's similar to Izumi's.

Several minutes later, he found it. "Ren, I think I got it. Looks like she went this way."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Carmelia takes a look at the brownie again. She then lightly grabs it with her fingers, taking a small piece off of it and raising it to where her mouth should be under the hood. After a few seconds and some almost unnoticable sounds of chewing, Carmelia speaks. "Hm. This is...sweet? Very sweet, if that is the word. Also, there is a certain taste to it that is different than what I've tasted before. Is that the chocolate that I'm tasting?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes. Yes it is. Understandably and justifiably a delicacy in every corner of the world. I'm told the southern Brazillian and Swiss varieties are particularly delicious. To its deepest lovers, it is no less than happiness in consumable form. And not by accident, it acts on the brain as an antidepressant."

Hi, my name is Hasunaga Heiaki, and I'm a chocoholic.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Carmelia definitely approves of this chocolate stuff. "It is certainly enjoyable."

Carmelia is about to grab the whole brownie and start eating it like a normal hollow, before she looks beside her plate and notices these weird unfamiliar metal things on top of a cloth. She looks over at them and holds up one of the metal things with four forks pointing out of it. "What is the purpose of this?" She asks, noticably confused.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"That you hold in your hand is a fork. The other thing is a knife. Collectively, they're called cutlery. You use those to cut your food up in smaller pieces and bring those pieces to your mouth. You don't always use them, however. Specially here in Japan."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

At Hasunaga's explanation, a few things clicked in Carmelia's brain. So that's what the other humans were doing with their food! She thought. A bit strange, however. They are born with perfectly good hands, why don't they use them? Oh well, perhaps they are trying to create some form of civilized behavior for themselves.

After thought process, Carmelia nods her head slightly. "I understand." She then picks up the fork and knife, trying to emulate how to use them from what she gathered from her observations. It's a bit akward, but it's surprisingly close to how you would normally hold a knife and fork.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga actually perked his eyebrows a little. He wasn't impressed, per se, but he did show a hint of admiration.

"You lack the practice, of course." the old teacher commented. "But you do show some grace, for something you're doing for the first time."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Kaito had a moment of surprise at Doompine's presence, his attack on Longlegs, and Lonlegs' throwing itself on Izumi's blade.

Then his look of shock is replaced with a snarl of anger.

"NO! No more of this! You beasts are going to pay for what you've done today!"

His hands curl into claws, debris lifts from the ground, and as he flings his arms forward, pieces of wood, stone, and metal fly at Doompine with more speed than his last barrages.

But sweat has started to pour down the sides of his head; it's clear his efforts today are starting to exhaust Kaito...
    Doompine roars, denied of his prey and batting debris aside. A few odd pieces of wood batter his form, but he seems more or less unscathed.

"You will all die. But not before I've had my turn."

[Meanwhile]

Hiroto giggles madly as the garganta he'd used (via a nearby weaker hollow) to spy on the fight closes. This was going a bit less than ideal, but the children would stand little chance against Doompine with the hostages.

However, his good mood is interrupted by a whistle from behind him. The scientist, dumbfounded, looks back... and before he even knows what hit him, is face-down on the ground, an arm (his controller arm, for that matter) twisted painfully behind his back. An entirely black humanoid form stands over him. Or so it looks through the blur of pain. What actually holds him in place is Agent 01.

"Agent 13. I don't believe we've had a talk lately on protocol involving the subservience of your hollows."

Hiroto growls back in pain. "Are you insane!? I'm on your side!"

"No, you're under my command. And my command is, we leave now, or I break your arms."

[Warehouse]

Doompine suddenly stops his speech, going limp.

Then, hell breaks loose. Vines shoot everywhere, guided by berserk (seeming) rage. An idle vine flings an unconscious Chiyoko towards some dangerous-looking rubble with sharp fragmented beams and rocks...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #58

Sora glared at the bird as they stood outside.

"Gee Gabi, you're really being helpful at the whole finding Doompi-"

Then the blast of reiryoku from the vines going berserk hits him.

"...Found them."

He starts to head in the direction of the vines, at a pretty fast pace.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken's quick reflexes and raw speed made up for his lack of any special form of accelerated movement as he ran and dove to catch Chiyoko in his arms. He managed to catch her just in time while scraping against some of the jagged debris in the process. A nasty gash now spread across his lower left side.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-13 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi flits next to him.

"What are you complaining to me about? I teached you how to perform pesquisa just a few minutes ago. Will you forget that fast if someone teaches you the martial arts of hollows?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing