New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    <"I take it you mean 'today'. Yes... in about... one and a half hours or so">, Mihail replies and yawns. Then he notices the disk she's holding. <"Casablanca? Isn't this only our first date?">, he teases.
    <Nonsense. It's clearly our second day of dating.> Eirene puts the movie on and then gets back on the couch. The movie plays. Eirene seems sort of distant throughout the movie. She's clearly interested in it, but it is as if she's watching it alone. This eerie silence is broken once more by her chuckling at parts that clearly were not meant to be funny.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I'm here to clear up a terrible misconception regarding the students' absence yesterday. Watanabe and Go weren't feeling that well so I sent them to the infirmary for the moment. I can't speak for Hibiki-sensei, however." Hasunaga replied with a slight cough.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "I am here to corroborate Hasunaga-sensei's story." Hibiki replies, completely lacking in any tone.

Valeria sighs, and waits to prompt Hasunaga again...
    A vein becomes terribly salient on Reene's forehead.

"Mister Ki has just informed me of what he and his friends had been doing yesterday, whatever misdirection the two of you have concocted is better left to yourselves if you want to retain your current salaries intact."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

[Eirene's apartment]

It's 6:30 AM when the movie ends. Normally, Mihail would've eaten his breakfast already and be heading for work already.

Now, he's just staring at Eirene, still and silent as stone. He's dead tired, but still observant to notice that she is seemingly ignorant of her. He shifts and stands up, stretching his shoulders slightly. <"If you'd rather be alone, I can leave. Sorry for taking your time.">
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-09-24 at 02:16 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    A vein becomes terribly salient on Reene's forehead.

"Mister Ki has just informed me of what he and his friends had been doing yesterday, whatever misdirection the two of you have concocted is better left to yourselves if you want to retain your current salaries intact."
    "You don't say? I would rather take a pay cut than letting these children be punished, however. What they need is guidance, not sitting in a room with too many thoughts to themselves.

And I figured something like this might happen. Therefore, my 'story', as Hibiki so generously put it, is also a smokescreen we can use to explain the story away to the parents involved.

The ones who are blissfully ignorant of the situation anyway. I understand it doesn't apply to all of them."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

"Guidance to do what, exactly? Put themselves in the way of danger? Fight monsters? Tell me, Hasunaga."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There is some hesitation before a response is given. Which is rare for 01.

"...You are within close proximity of Project Penumbra Case #1 for much of your daily routine. Such is your duty. Tell me, are you aware of any spiritual activity that the subject has taken part in?"
    Claudia sighs, and thinks for a moment before responding.

Spoiler
    Show
    "PPC1 has fought against at least one hollow, probably two. She has been in very close proximity to a reaper for a brief period of time, and to other children with spiritual potential for several hours at a time; they are schoolmates, and friends for her.

She also has seemingly adopted a small animal hollow as some sort of mascot. She is aware that her previous spiritual sightings were not hallucinations... and that I knew as much."

The housewife bites her inner lip.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #637
    Orc in the Playground

"Guidance to do what, exactly? Put themselves in the way of danger? Fight monsters? Tell me, Hasunaga."
    "To protect themselves.

As they are, they are targets regardless of what they choose to do. They have greater than average spiritual sensitivity so they appear as more... 'nutritious' targets to Hollows. Even if they choose to live normally, at this point they already need a measure of strength to keep those normal lives peaceful.

And if nothing else, they need to be guided so they do not recklessly endanger themselves on account of the victories from their previous encounters.

Therefore, my choice of 'punishment' would be to have them train and study the world they're getting involved in. If school is meant to prepare a student for life, I can see nothing more fitting than these children be taught the extention of what they're dealing with."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

[Principal's Office]

Hibiki tries his best not to look like a deer in the headlights. And fails.

She knows? ...Great. It's bad enough being caught off guard by Yamashiro...

[Elsewhere]

Spoiler
    Show
    There is a long pause. Claudia can almost feel the exasperation and frustration from the other end of the line, but 01 does not verbalize it.

"So I am to understand that your cover is at risk? And as for my own? ...I do not think that Agent 00 will see fit to punish you. But you are playing with fire here; can I trust you to handle the situation?"

There is another pause.

"I was already aware of PPC1's spiritual activity. The... sensors on her person have sensed a reactivation of her powers, as well as several minute alien presences. I was simply gauging your knowledge."

"...Will you be available for a meeting with the Mediums?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

Spoiler
    Show
    There is a long pause. Claudia can almost feel the exasperation and frustration from the other end of the line, but 01 does not verbalize it.

"So I am to understand that your cover is at risk? And as for my own? ...I do not think that Agent 00 will see fit to punish you. But you are playing with fire here; can I trust you to handle the situation?"

There is another pause.

"I was already aware of PPC1's spiritual activity. The... sensors on her person have sensed a reactivation of her powers, as well as several minute alien presences. I was simply gauging your knowledge."

"...Will you be available for a meeting with the Mediums?"
    Claudia closes her eyes, and slowly exhales.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I can be available, yes. Whether you trust me is your own decision, 01, but I do not believe that your cover is at much risk; I've only told her about my own spiritual status, and not much of that.

I think that PPC1 needs to know as much as I can tell her about the spiritual threats in Phoenix Town; the events since our arrival indicate even higher activity than we had expected, and more high-power entities than we have seen in any other region for decades. Information could be crucial to her survival, if she persists in seeking out danger, and the only way I can tell her is by compromising my own cover."
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora stood.

"No. Hasunaga-sensei, they don't need to be involved. They should go back to their normal lives, wait for one of the... Shinigami," The loathing in the word was blatant, "To arrive. Izumi, Rex-san, and I are ingrained into the spiritual realm already. And, um..." A pink tinge lights his cheeks. "Maybe Valeria-chan too... But everyone else? They shouldn't fight. Fighting... hurts. You can lose people that way. And..."

His voice cracks. "I... I don't want to lose anyone else."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm afraid that's not really much of a choice anymore, Namikaze-kun. Tell me, do you think the Shinigami would look after them for the rest of their natural lives? How would they feel about being constantly watched?

And failing that, who would protect them?

I know that fighting hurts. Which is why I've postponed things of this nature for so long. I didn't WANT to see any of you dragged into this.

But at this point, whether they want to fight or not, they'll be attacked eventually. In fact, they have been attacked already."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

English Channel

Apolinar stood on the sea bed, all fragments of his past life left back in the boat. Over the past day the number of Hollows living in the Channel had plummeted as Apolinar had gone on a rampage across the crushing depths of the sea, their defilement of his territory enough of a casus belli to see them ripped limb from limb.

But it wasn't enough. He had to inflict this terror, this subjugation, this utter domination on those who were not already broken... A shilouette darkens the waters above him.

Apolinar smiles.

Meanwhile...

The news picks up that a cross-Channel ferry has failed to reach harbour in Dover and in fact has not reported to anyone for a few hours.

Pheonix Town
    Henry is still nowhere to be found.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643

"I'm afraid that's not really much of a choice anymore, Namikaze-kun. Tell me, do you think the Shinigami would look after them for the rest of their natural lives? How would they feel about being constantly watched?

And failing that, who would protect them?

I know that fighting hurts. Which is why I've postponed things of this nature for so long. I didn't WANT to see any of you dragged into this.

But at this point, whether they want to fight or not, they'll be attacked eventually. In fact, they have been attacked already."
    "There's always a choice. And their skills haven't progressed far enough to be all that noticeable. If they really wanted to, they could still back out. Go back to a normal life."

He grinned at the attack. "But would Hollows still come here after that? After all, a monster lives in Phoenix Town, and they know that now. And they avoid my kind like the plague. They don't need to be a part of this Hasunaga-sensei. They..."

He looks at the floor, a dark gaze in his eyes. "They don't have the right."

Hollows took his sister. He was sure of that. Kaito-san didn't deserve to have that happen to him. Neither did the others. Rex-san, Valeria-chan, and Izumi could take care of themselves. He knew Izumi would fight to the death for her family. But he would take care of everyone. He would do it until he found his sister again.

He had to fill that stupid, sad hole in his heart.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene sighs.

"Gloom aside, mister Namikaze has a point, most of this group can still go back to a normal life, they just need to learn to hide their presence, which shouldn't be difficult. And I am not going to abide any of you. That includes you two and Yamashiro, running amok and playing hero. Leave matters of the dead to the dead, unless you are eager to join them."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #645
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex's eye seems to have developed a nasty twitch. I'm gonna have so many words for them when we get through this...
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

16. - Top - End - #646
    Orc in the Playground

"Now who's being irresponsible, Reene?" The fact he didn't bother with a honorific showed she'd just touched a very sore point.

It's not your fault I'm dead.

"Nothing keeps them from being able to hide their presences AND training in the event they're attacked. Hiding their presence would also require training, after all. When the skies are grey it's best to have an umbrella and not need it than need it and not have it.

Besides, what kind of normal life is lived in constant fear?

I'm not budging on this. Either you provide a reasonable alternative that doesn't serve these children on a silver platter or you let me do things my way.

How's that for a choice?!"

He was positively glaring at this point. Though he wasn't really releasing any Reiatsu, Hasunaga was projecting a rather large presence. He somehow "felt" like he was perhaps two or three sizes what his meager stature suggested.

There was a more powerful threat behind his stare as well. It was like he was watching Renee in a whole new light now. He didn't say anything yet, but Renee could read it in his eyes - the questions he had for her, which he held back because of the children here. He had a card, but he wasn't about to use it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene gives a dejected sigh.

"Fine. But I will not abide them neglecting this institution. I will treat involvement with spiritual matters during school hours as dereliction and there will be fitting punishments. You can consider yourselves excused this one time, but there will be detentions on the next. And the story that will be told to your families is that you were slacking off. No fancy excuses."

Reene is unphased by Hasunaga, his body language appears to make her incredibly more annoyed, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #648
    Barbarian in the Playground

____________Chapter II____________
    Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
    << Previous

"She's late."

"She's always late. Probably still doing her hair," Yasu replied as he stared off into space, fiddling with a small object in his hands.

Katsurou studied his watch for a few more seconds, taking inventory of the time they had already lost. Only a matter of minutes, which to anyone else wouldn't have mattered. However, Katsurou wasn't anyone else. He was a businessman. A businessman who hated nothing more than wasting resources. And what resource is more precious than time?

As he lifted his eyes from his watch, he readjusted the sleeve of his suit. A simple black-on-white three-piece was his preferred choice. He was so rarely seen in anything else that most people who knew him would assume that was all that existed in his wardrobe, along with a few dozen pairs of black sunglasses. Which he also took a moment to adjust as soon as he could.

A sudden gust of wind blew a few strands of his black hair over his eyes, which he promptly brushed aside. His eyes immediately focused upon an intersection a short distance down the street. Cars were packed neatly into their lanes like rows of herded cattle, each one slowly moving where they were being guided. Every now and then, one would shimmy its way into the next lane, changing its path, but still heading in the same direction. However, it was the cyclist that eventually caught Katsurou's attention. A young man was weaving in and out of the traffic, riding alongside the lanes and paying no heed to the starting and stopping that everyone else was forced to accomodate. That is, until he shot out into the intersection just as a bus zoomed by, barely missing the bike and causing him to wobble out of control. In a matter of seconds, he had regained his composure just long enough to pull off onto the sidewalk, where some bystanders quickly surrounded him, no doubt offering unnecessary aid.

A lone man, weaving his way through the patterns and flow of those around him, ignoring the laws as he saw fit. It wasn't until a close enough call came along to scare him back into line. With his mission clear in his mind, Katsurou watched the scene unfold and eventually disperse. "How appropriate," he muttered.

"Wha?" Yasu asked, whipping his head around to meet Katsurou's.

"Nothing," Katsurou said with nothing more than a sidelong glance.

Yasu raised a suspicious eyebrow, but it didn't last more than a second or two before he shrugged and went back to flicking the blade of his knife back and forth in his hand. The handle was worn and it seemed that it was an often-used tool. Not at all fancy nor expensive, but it got the job done, just like Yasu. The Takahashi family was well-known for their ruthless effectiveness. And Yasu was particularly infamous, which was likely the reason why he inherited the family name as patriarch. A powerful ally to be sure, which was why Katsurou bothered keeping him around.

The two were entire opposites of one another. Where Katsurou was calm and collected, Yasu was hot-headed and impulsive. It was often that he would shoot his mouth off and get himself into trouble. Without Katsurou keeping his leash in check, Yasu wouldn't have survived a month as patriarch. Sometimes Katsurou wonders how he still managed to keep himself in one piece. The only real thing the two shared was a sense of style.

"That her?" Yasu asked, snapping his knife shut and nodding his head in the direction of an approaching car. It was an extravagant vehicle, black as the night and shined to a perfect sheen. Chrome was equipped everywhere it could be and the windows were heavily tinted. It was as if it had been bought that afternoon and driven straight from a showroom. Which, knowing Ruma, wasn't entirely out of the question.

Katsurou turned to meet the vehicle as it pulled up to the sidewalk and slowly rolled to a halt. For a moment that felt far longer than it should have, all was still. Yasu and Katsurou shared a glance as they waited until finally the front passenger door popped open. Out climbed a dark-skinned man dressed in clothes that looked as if he had ripped them straight off of a mannequin from the latest fashion trend shop. He wasted no time in going to the back passenger door and quickly tore it open. Three women emerged soon after while a second man, apparently the driver, took his own position behind them with an umbrella. Of the women, two were wrapped in tight, black dresses and wearing matching gloves. They flanked the final member of the group; a tall, long-haired woman in a white blazer and skirt, each with bright red detailing. Covering her eyes was a pair of round sunglasses, much to large for her face, but still seemingly appropriate.

All together, the group took a few steps toward Katsurou and Yasu before stopping and allowing the woman in the middle to take her place in front. Yasu looked them all over and raised an eyebrow. "Is the whole entourage really necessary?"

Ruma shot him a cold glare. Although one couldn't see it through her glasses, there was no denying it was there. Without bothering to answer him, she turned her attention to Katsurou while brushing aside a lock of her almost white-blonde hair.

"You didn't tell me he would be here," she said thick with loathing.

"He is part of the syndicate," Katsurou noted.

"Unfortunately," she added, which was quickly met with a sneer from Yasu. In his hand, his knife was open and for the first time still. However, rather than letting things escalate, a glance from Katsurou proved that it wasn't worth pursuing.

After his knife was snapped shut again, he ran a hand through his maroon-dyed hair. "Can we get on with this? I'd like to enjoy this little vacation as much as I can," he said.

"This isn't a vacation," Katsurou was quick to correct. "You both know why we're here."

"Yeah, yeah. Business." Ruma dismissed the comment with a wave of her hand.

Katsurou's eyes narrowed at the remark, but he kept his mouth shut. Ruma might have been rude and apathetic, but she had the money. That was the one reason why they tolerated her and everyone knew it. Everyone except for Ruma, that is.

"Let's go," was all he said, taking the lead while the others fell into line behind him. Together, they crossed the plaza, catching a lot of eyes from the various bystanders. It was somewhat ironic, given that so few people really knew of their importance. However, judging from the hints he could pluck out from the masses, of the entire city, there would be likely a few that would recnogize them for what they were.

The Quincy had come to Phoenix Town.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

"Fine. But I will not abide them neglecting this institution. I will treat involvement with spiritual matters during school hours as dereliction and there will be fitting punishments. You can consider yourselves excused this one time, but there will be detentions on the next. And the story that will be told to your families is that you were slacking off. No fancy excuses."

Reene is unphased by Hasunaga, his body language appears to make her incredibly more annoyed, however.
    "I wouldn't have it any other way." Hasunaga replied with a large, yet not particularly amused grin.

"With that, I'll be taking my leave for now. I have a class in half an hour."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650

Sora pales at his 'family' discovering what was going on. After all, there was a reason he lived in a graveyard.

"Um... does my family have to be told I was slacking off Lucaster-sensei?"

He looks pretty frightened at the prospect of that.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene stares Sora down.

"Is there a problem mister Namikaze?"

Principal glare.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Hasunaga replied with a large, yet not particularly amused grin.

"With that, I'll be taking my leave for now. I have a class in half an hour."
    "I don't know about everyone else, but I'm quite interested in learning from you and anyone else that is willing to teach us. Would you please tell me what form of combat you specialize in?" Ken does sound pretty interested.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-24 at 07:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653

Reene stares Sora down.

"Is there a problem mister Namikaze?"

Principal glare.
    "...No." For someone with such a presence at times, he seems rather... small.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "I don't know about everyone else, but I'm quite interested in learning from you and anyone else that is willing to teach us. Would you please tell me what form of combat you specialize in?" Ken does sound pretty interested.
    "We'll have more time to talk about this later. But you're a boxer, aren't you, Ken?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes," said Ken simply.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Orc in the Playground

"Then suffice to say you won't be disappointed... if you survive."

Why, he had to be joking.

...right?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken beamed. "Great! I've been really wanting to find a good sparring partner for ages! I'm pretty sure I'll fare just fine. Would you mind if we exchanged phone numbers so we can better keep in touch?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-24 at 10:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Orc in the Playground

"Certainly." Hasunaga replied and handed over a small card with his phone number in it.

"I should warn you though. My training methods are nothing short of brutal."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

Kina is silent while everyone else speaks. She seems to be almost tuning out the situation, or at least the words themselves, but there is some sense that she is listening.

Once they are free to go, Kina bows to Principal Lucaster. "I apologize for my negligence, Lucaster-sensei. I promise it will not happen again." Once she receives a response of some kind, she turns and leaves through the door, practically ignoring everyone else.

She tries to find Kaito, but barring that she returns to class.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken accepted the card and examined it before putting it in his breast pocket. "Brutal is ideal for me. I've got a very high pain tolerance and the more I get hurt the more I believe my body's supernatural ability to recover will improve." He recited his number once Hasunaga was ready for it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-24 at 10:18 PM.