New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

"Hasanuga-sensei, I'd want to ask my parents first, but I'd certainly be willing to come on this training camp."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene warms up to Kina.

"I hope it will not. But understand it miss Yoshimoto, I am not angry, I am worried."

"Well. I am angry, but at your teachers, not you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, Lucaster-sensei. May I return to class?" Kina seems appreciative of her tone. Her face loses some of its paleness, at least.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes dear, you may go to class now."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Kina nods and goes about looking for Kaito or, if she fails, going to class.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kouchou-sensei, would you please not tell Kina's aunt that she was absent because she was slacking off and instead say that she was looking for her friend's missing sister? I think she's far more worried about upsetting her guardian than any of us are worried about upsetting our own parents. I really don't think you letting her off this one time will go to her head. She's not the kind of person to let that happen. I'm in no position to ask for any favours, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd do that and I'm sure she would too." Ken tried to sound as serious as he could.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-25 at 12:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora shoots a glance of loathing at Ken and leaves abruptly. He hated when people assumed everyone's family's were totally great. His had never been all that great after everyone he loved died.

Aww man nii-chan! And when you were finally relaxed~

Up. You will shut.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-25 at 02:30 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria utters a tired word of thanks to the principal as she heads back for class... or rather, follows Hasunaga. She gives a slightly annoyed look at Ken, as she simply stays back, waiting until the teacher was alone to try and catch his attention again.

Hibiki bows to Reene, and leaves without a word.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina nods and goes about looking for Kaito or, if she fails, going to class.
    It isn't too hard to find Kaito, especially if she searches for his energy signature. He's sitting on the stairway near the entrance to the school, pensively staring into space.

If and when she approaches, he doesn't immediately greet her, though it seems it's because he's lost in thought.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Kina sits down next to him.

"Kaito..." She looks at him concernedly.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That's my name, don't wear it out."

A smile that doesn't reach his eyes is on his face.

"What's up, Kina? The principal let everyone loose with only 1 detention?"

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

"Um. She told us that she, uh, would be informing our guardians but, um, no detentions." Kina's concern is more obvious in a full sentence. "She, um, also can see spirits."

Kina puts a hand on her arm. "Thank you for, um, for your words. I did appreciate your offer."

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Um. She told us that she, uh, would be informing our guardians but, um, no detentions." Kina's concern is more obvious in a full sentence. "She, um, also can see spirits."

Kina puts a hand on her arm. "Thank you for, um, for your words. I did appreciate your offer."
    "You seemed nervous about things going down badly for you. Didn't want to pry, but I figured I'd try to help. Like I said, it wasn't even going to be a huge difference from the truth.

And no detentions is good. My parents are going to be going through enough what with Mr. Reiji telling them about the spirit world.
    "

He wiped a hand across his face with a sigh.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Kina smiles at him. "Thank you, Kaito."

When he seems distressed, Kina closes her eyes for a moment. "I, um, want to apologize." Kina looks at Kaito a bit more seriously. "I have, um, been hiding everything. I've been, um, able to do what I did for, um, a while. I just... I'm not good at it. I, um, only get one. One shot, I mean. I'm sorry, I'm terrible at talking." Kina puts her face in her hands.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-25 at 12:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina smiles at him. "Thank you, Kaito."

When he seems distressed, Kina closes her eyes for a moment. "I, um, want to apologize." Kina looks at Kaito a bit more seriously. "I have, um, been hiding everything. I've been, um, able to do what I did for, um, a while. I just... I'm not good at it. I, um, only get one. One shot, I mean. I'm sorry, I'm terrible at talking." Kina puts her face in her hands.
    Kaito gave her an unreadable look before sighing and shaking his head.

"Yeah, but it was a good shot. And it hurt your hands, don't lie that it didn't. I think maybe I was a little mad at first, but I think I've managed to understand it's important to not make a big deal of it.

And you're no more terrible at talking than I am at...I dunno, dealing with people.

It happens, Kina. We're kids. We make mistakes. You're trying, you know? That has to count for something. Right? In this crazy, screwed-up world, I hope it counts for something...
    "

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

"The second one hurt." Despite the subject, Kina can't help but chuckle a little. Her face bends into a smile. Not a big one, but enough of one. "Still. I am sorry for hiding it." She rubs her hands a bit. "Um, I don't think you're wrong. It does matter to try."

Kina looks at Kaito again. "Um, are you okay? Is your family okay?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Physically? We're fine.

Everything else? I don't know yet. I don't think my parents will blatantly reject everything, and I'm not really afraid of them rejecting me. Beyond that, I don't know. Things are going to change in our family, and it scares me. Doesn't help they're still trying to nail down all the people involved in the attempted hit on us.

Meanwhile, I feel like I've screwed everything up with the whole group. But...argh. It's just...I had to get out of there. We were packed in like sardines, and everyone was talking and ordering me on who my friends ought to be and how I should react...It was too much. Just too much. Ugh.
    "

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria utters a tired word of thanks to the principal as she heads back for class... or rather, follows Hasunaga. She gives a slightly annoyed look at Ken, as she simply stays back, waiting until the teacher was alone to try and catch his attention again.

Hibiki bows to Reene, and leaves without a word.
    Hasunaga isn't that far either when Valeria catches up to him. "Hm? Valeria-san? Is something the matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "You seemed nervous about things going down badly for you. Didn't want to pry, but I figured I'd try to help. Like I said, it wasn't even going to be a huge difference from the truth.

And no detentions is good. My parents are going to be going through enough what with Mr. Reiji telling them about the spirit world.
    "

He wiped a hand across his face with a sigh.
    Right about that moment, Reiji was about to walk upstairs to talk to Kaito's parents. Sadako followed.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Akira and Hinata Watanabe can be found sitting together in the bedroom granted to them during their stay. For lack of chairs, they're sitting side by side on the bed, holding each other. They seem to have gotten themselves cleaned and dressed for the day, though it's clear they don't plan to go in to their jobs.

If and when Reiji walks in, their quiet conversation will stop, and they will both look to him and Sadako as they enter.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

"...I take it the two of you aren't feeling all that well... I don't blame you. But if there's anything I can do to make you feel any better, just let me know.

Kaito-kun is at school. Don't worry, he's fine.

I realize there's no such thing as good timing after something as nerve-wracking as the two of you experienced, but we need to talk about something very important."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Hasunaga isn't that far either when Valeria catches up to him. "Hm? Valeria-san? Is something the matter?"
    "...You... you said we could talk if I needed it." Valeria looks away nervously. "...I need it." She sniffles, wiping away a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia closes her eyes, and slowly exhales.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I can be available, yes. Whether you trust me is your own decision, 01, but I do not believe that your cover is at much risk; I've only told her about my own spiritual status, and not much of that.

I think that PPC1 needs to know as much as I can tell her about the spiritual threats in Phoenix Town; the events since our arrival indicate even higher activity than we had expected, and more high-power entities than we have seen in any other region for decades. Information could be crucial to her survival, if she persists in seeking out danger, and the only way I can tell her is by compromising my own cover."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "...Very well. I still expect your presence at Headquarters at your earliest convenience. Understood, Agent 16?"

After she responds, 01 hangs up without so much as a farewell.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #682
    Orc in the Playground

"...You... you said we could talk if I needed it." Valeria looks away nervously. "...I need it." She sniffles, wiping away a tear.

Spoiler
    Show
    "...Very well. I still expect your presence at Headquarters at your earliest convenience. Understood, Agent 16?"

After she responds, 01 hangs up without so much as a farewell.
    "Naturally. Let's find a better place, shall we? Don't want to let others see a student of mine go crying.

The rooftop should be good."
    Hasunaga gently patted her shoulder, and guided her up the stairs.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria nods, flinching a bit at the pat, but following nonetheless. As they reach the top of the school, she takes a deep breath, taking in the free air whipping around her.

"I'm sorry, I k-know you need to get to class..."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

"I have enough time before that, don't worry about it.

Do you mind if I...?"
    He motioned with a small pack of cigarettes on his right hand.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #685
    Orc in the Playground

"It's fine. My dad smokes..." Valeria looks up, quiet for a few moments as she composes herself.

"Ever since this all started, I feel like I've been losing myself... I'm not even sure I know who I am anymore. There's this thing inside of me... that I know has been there all this time, but only just surfaced." She pauses. "My mother just told me last night that they'd been covering up my abilities and the existence of those things to keep me safe. I... I'm not mad at her, she's my mother. But... I don't know what I'm supposed to think, when a big part of my life has been a lie."

"...I'm adopted. I know that. I don't remember a lot of my early life, just being cold, alone and hungry... but they gave me a home, and helped me through things that I would die from if I were alone. So I can never be mad at them." She sighs.

"...I'm terrified of being alone. So even though my powers are making me feel this way, I want to help my friends, I don't want to lose them."

"...and, um... do you mind if I tell you something... personal? Will you promise not to tell anyone?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"...I take it the two of you aren't feeling all that well... I don't blame you. But if there's anything I can do to make you feel any better, just let me know.

Kaito-kun is at school. Don't worry, he's fine.

I realize there's no such thing as good timing after something as nerve-wracking as the two of you experienced, but we need to talk about something very important."
    Akira spoke up.

"We're not really feeling ill, it's just...We're not even totally sure what happened. It's like we went through a mirage, one that turned real...

Can you help us understand what's going on?
    "

Suddenly, Hinata's wavering voice spoke up.

"And why our only son is involved?"

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Physically? We're fine.

Everything else? I don't know yet. I don't think my parents will blatantly reject everything, and I'm not really afraid of them rejecting me. Beyond that, I don't know. Things are going to change in our family, and it scares me. Doesn't help they're still trying to nail down all the people involved in the attempted hit on us.

Meanwhile, I feel like I've screwed everything up with the whole group. But...argh. It's just...I had to get out of there. We were packed in like sardines, and everyone was talking and ordering me on who my friends ought to be and how I should react...It was too much. Just too much. Ugh.
    "
    "It's okay. We aren't all... um, good at social interactions."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

"It's fine. My dad smokes..." Valeria looks up, quiet for a few moments as she composes herself.

"Ever since this all started, I feel like I've been losing myself... I'm not even sure I know who I am anymore. There's this thing inside of me... that I know has been there all this time, but only just surfaced." She pauses. "My mother just told me last night that they'd been covering up my abilities and the existence of those things to keep me safe. I... I'm not mad at her, she's my mother. But... I don't know what I'm supposed to think, when a big part of my life has been a lie."

"...I'm adopted. I know that. I don't remember a lot of my early life, just being cold, alone and hungry... but they gave me a home, and helped me through things that I would die from if I were alone. So I can never be mad at them." She sighs.

"...I'm terrified of being alone. So even though my powers are making me feel this way, I want to help my friends, I don't want to lose them."

"...and, um... do you mind if I tell you something... personal? Will you promise not to tell anyone?"
    "I consider every word of this conversation personal, Valeria-san. And as your teacher, it's my responsibility to keep the secrets my students confide strictly between myself and those who tell me." Hasunaga seemed unusually serious, but in a caring way. It was almost... fatherly of him. "Just take your time."

Akira spoke up.

"We're not really feeling ill, it's just...We're not even totally sure what happened. It's like we went through a mirage, one that turned real...

Can you help us understand what's going on?
    "

Suddenly, Hinata's wavering voice spoke up.

"And why our only son is involved?"
    "This is... going to be a lot to take in. But Kaito-kun wouldn't want to worry the two of you. Before I tell you anything, I will first say that it will, at first, sound like a really bad joke. But it's the truth." Reiji sighed.

"The two of you were recently abducted by creatures called Hollows. They're spectral beings that feed on the energy left by the recently departed for sustenance." Reiji took a moment to let this register, then continued. "Normally, humans can't see them. But there are... exceptions. It's not entirely unusual for humans who can see them to develop special powers of their own.

The Hollows that took the two of you appeared to be controlled by someone else. We do not know their purpose, but your son wasn't the only one involved. I am told two other children were kidnapped as well. They were at risk, but everyone is safe now. Though there were injured, your son wasn't among them."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-25 at 01:52 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

"I consider every word of this conversation personal, Valeria-san. And as your teacher, it's my responsibility to keep the secrets my students confide strictly between myself and those who tell me." Hasunaga seemed unusually serious, but in a caring way. It was almost... fatherly of him. "Just take your time."
    "..." Valeria nods, wringing her hands, and gathering her courage. "Last night, after Sora helped me home, I was feeling really... vulnerable. And I think he was, too... And... We kissed... then... If we weren't interrupted, we... um..."

She blushes. Hasunaga is an intelligent enough man to know what she is getting at.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #690
    Orc in the Playground

In a sense, Hasunaga looks like he's more surprised that he doesn't swallow his cigarette at the idea than what Valeria just told him.

"Well... as a man, I can't really say I'm in the best position to give you advice, but I'm honored you'd choose to tell me.

As far as intimacy goes, I believe the two of you should take it slow. There's no need to rush into things, specially since the two of you are so young. If you choose to take things in that direction, that is.

Love is an awkward thing to deal with. It may just be that you're misinterpreting what you felt back then when he was there for you, and it may be you discovered something in him you genuinely like. That's the most important thing to find out first.

And when you do, be sincere with him.

Don't avoid him. You'll have to talk about this eventually. I'm sure you respect yourself, and Sora, enough to make the right decision.

...for what it's worth, a man's heart is significantly simpler than a woman's. If you're simply honest about it, you will be fine, and so will he.

As far as the rest of what you're feeling, regarding your powers and whatnot... Let me just say that 'normal' is overrated. And you're not losing yourself. No one really knows who or what they are in their teens. It's at that age you define that. For me, it even took longer.

Your powers may be frightening to you, and you have every reason to fear them. But it's what you're going to do with that fear that says who you are, and not something insignificant like a label."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show