New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Rex vaguely slinks off, grateful that he'd dodged a bullet but dreading hearing from his family once the principal contacted them. They'd sent him to Japan to study, to learn more about Quincy roots, and they were going to think he'd been slacking off. Marcus was going to beat him up so much the next time they saw each other; his older brother had always wanted the chance Rex had now, but as heir to the clan he had to stay near the family holdings.

Rex notices Kaito and Kina through a window but largely ignores them; the huge Texan seems lost in his thoughts for the moment.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a sense, Hasunaga looks like he's more surprised that he doesn't swallow his cigarette at the idea than what Valeria just told him.

"Well... as a man, I can't really say I'm in the best position to give you advice, but I'm honored you'd choose to tell me.

As far as intimacy goes, I believe the two of you should take it slow. There's no need to rush into things, specially since the two of you are so young. If you choose to take things in that direction, that is.

Love is an awkward thing to deal with. It may just be that you're misinterpreting what you felt back then when he was there for you, and it may be you discovered something in him you genuinely like. That's the most important thing to find out first.

And when you do, be sincere with him.

Don't avoid him. You'll have to talk about this eventually. I'm sure you respect yourself, and Sora, enough to make the right decision.

...for what it's worth, a man's heart is significantly simpler than a woman's. If you're simply honest about it, you will be fine, and so will he.

As far as the rest of what you're feeling, regarding your powers and whatnot... Let me just say that 'normal' is overrated. And you're not losing yourself. No one really knows who or what they are in their teens. It's at that age you define that. For me, it even took longer.

Your powers may be frightening to you, and you have every reason to fear them. But it's what you're going to do with that fear that says who you are, and not something insignificant like a label."
    Valeria is silent for a few moments. Then nods, the weight off her shoulders, the pressure on her heart and mind alleviating. Her teacher can notice just how much she brightens up, in fact, her whole being and surroundings go from dull and lifeless to colorful and vivid. She actually smiles, even!

"...Thank you, Hasunaga-sensei."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #693
    Orc in the Playground

"Now that's the smile everyone would like to see.

Anytime, Valeria-san. You're a good girl. I don't mind being the odd one to tell you just how simple life is in the end.

If you need to talk again, just let me know.

Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

"I think I'll be fine for a while, at least." Valeria bows. "Thanks for listening." With that, she turns and heads back downstairs.

There were classes to go to, after all.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

She left Hasunaga with a smile on his lips as he finished his cigarette and put it in his portable ashtray.

I think I did right by her. Funny... I'd never figured I'd be advising people like this in my late years...

When you stop to think about it, I've got zero experience with that kind of relationship.

Oh well. No time to reminisce now. I have my own classes to work.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rex vaguely slinks off, grateful that he'd dodged a bullet but dreading hearing from his family once the principal contacted them. They'd sent him to Japan to study, to learn more about Quincy roots, and they were going to think he'd been slacking off. Marcus was going to beat him up so much the next time they saw each other; his older brother had always wanted the chance Rex had now, but as heir to the clan he had to stay near the family holdings.

Rex notices Kaito and Kina through a window but largely ignores them; the huge Texan seems lost in his thoughts for the moment.
    Nakahiro approaches Rex from behind.

"Hey. Something wrong?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #697

Sora heads back to Hibiki's classroom. Where he was in the first place.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "It's okay. We aren't all... um, good at social interactions."
    "It's just...it felt like no one was really listening to what I said. I wasn't trying to start a fight with Ken or anything. I didn't mean to. It's just...I dunno. Personality clash. It seemed like Hibiki-sensei at least sort of understood it.

Then, when I walked in the hall to get away from everyone, Ken decides it's a great idea to follow me, and give me some long spiel that I'm still not in the mood to hear. It's just frustrating all over, and I don't fully know what to do right now.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "This is... going to be a lot to take in. But Kaito-kun wouldn't want to worry the two of you. Before I tell you anything, I will first say that it will, at first, sound like a really bad joke. But it's the truth." Reiji sighed.

"The two of you were recently abducted by creatures called Hollows. They're spectral beings that feed on the energy left by the recently departed for sustenance." Reiji took a moment to let this register, then continued. "Normally, humans can't see them. But there are... exceptions. It's not entirely unusual for humans who can see them to develop special powers of their own.

The Hollows that took the two of you appeared to be controlled by someone else. We do not know their purpose, but your son wasn't the only one involved. I am told two other children were kidnapped as well. They were at risk, but everyone is safe now. Though there were injured, your son wasn't among them."
    For a bit, the married couple simply sat there, absorbing this information. If it had been anyone else, and if they hadn't already experienced strange things, they may have dismissed Reiji's words. But as it was, they were now worried.

"How were we rescued, Reiji-san?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka was surprised by the action of Hasunaga. Almost as surprised as Kasanip, and it could not think of a response for this. So it is a late post.

So Sayaka stands in shock and then quiet while talking happens.
    She is frustrated when Kaito leaves.
    But also understanding.
    She had little choice, but already made her choice to become involved. There was no expectation. So appreciation could not be expected as well.
    She was not excited about it.
    But mr. Watanabe is just a classmate. If he wants everyone to think like that, Sayaka cannot force to change.

There is discussion about parents.
    But it is irrelevant to Sayaka. Already her father knows. She already knows the consequence.
    But she can't tell others yet.

She bows to the principal, and turns to leave.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "It's just...it felt like no one was really listening to what I said. I wasn't trying to start a fight with Ken or anything. I didn't mean to. It's just...I dunno. Personality clash. It seemed like Hibiki-sensei at least sort of understood it.

Then, when I walked in the hall to get away from everyone, Ken decides it's a great idea to follow me, and give me some long spiel that I'm still not in the mood to hear. It's just frustrating all over, and I don't fully know what to do right now.
    "

For a bit, the married couple simply sat there, absorbing this information. If it had been anyone else, and if they hadn't already experienced strange things, they may have dismissed Reiji's words. But as it was, they were now worried.

"How were we rescued, Reiji-san?"
    "Your son, along with a number of his classmates, banded together and sought you out. They then confronted the kidnappers and defeated them." Reiji explains. "I have powers myself. However, they do not lend themselves to this kind of task. I can merely 'see'.

It took us a while to find the children. By the time we did, the skirmish was already over.

While we're at it, your son is also the reason none of us were injured when the attack at your residence took place. His powers helped protect each and every one of us."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Office

Just as Sayaka is leaving, Reene turns to her.

"One more thing miss Kondo."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Office

Just as Sayaka is leaving, Reene turns to her.

"One more thing miss Kondo."
    Sayaka

Sayaka stops.
    "What is it Principal Lucaster?"

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

A bit before, Ken]

"Like I said, that is what we will be telling to the parents that know nothing of the spirit world. The Yoshimotos are quincy and as such know fully well of what we are talking."

"Who knows, they might even be proud that Kina faced hollows in battle."

Back to Sayaka]

"It has come to my attention that you have been placing talismans around the school. I want you to stop."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Also a bit before
    "I have a feeling that her guardian may not be spiritually aware. She said at one point her aunt might be hysterical because she hadn't returned home right away after what happened yesterday."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-26 at 10:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Back to Sayaka]

"It has come to my attention that you have been placing talismans around the school. I want you to stop."
    Sayaka

Sayaka frowns.

"Principal Lucaster, I have been placing talismans around the school to protect the students and teachers. I do not think they are making trouble." She responds cautiously.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

[Reene]

"I know your intention is good Sayaka, but I believe they are making a few of the students unconfortable. The protection is also not necessary, I assure you that I can handle keeping common hollows out well enough."

And to Ken, in the past.

"We will see about that, mister Go.But now I expect you to go to your class."
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-26 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #707
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro approaches Rex from behind.

"Hey. Something wrong?"
    Rex jumps slightly, but relaxes when he realizes it's just Nakahiro. "Oh... hey, Wada-san. I guess so. I dunno. A lot's been going on." He shrugged and failed to actually smile.

"I haven't even been here six weeks and the principal's already gonna be tellin' my parents I'm slackin' off, an' that's gonna be one hell of a hassle to straighten out." He sighed. "It's more than just that. It's just... I really dunno how all of us are gonna do. You saw things, yesterday an' today. We can barely stop from rumblin' with ourselves long enough to remember that Hollows are the thing to worry about."

He smiled a bit this time, but it was more sad than cheerful. "My parents sent me here to learn an' get experience, an' the day I find a group of people who know what's goin' on, it starts implodin'."

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reene]
    "We will see about that, mister Go. But now I expect you to go to your class."
    In the past
    "Alright, thank you very much." Ken bowed slightly. Then he smiled. "You seem like a pretty cool principal." With that, he reluctantly headed back to class. He really didn't like the idea of possibly leaving Sayaka alone with Reene.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-26 at 12:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rex jumps slightly, but relaxes when he realizes it's just Nakahiro. "Oh... hey, Wada-san. I guess so. I dunno. A lot's been going on." He shrugged and failed to actually smile.

"I haven't even been here six weeks and the principal's already gonna be tellin' my parents I'm slackin' off, an' that's gonna be one hell of a hassle to straighten out." He sighed. "It's more than just that. It's just... I really dunno how all of us are gonna do. You saw things, yesterday an' today. We can barely stop from rumblin' with ourselves long enough to remember that Hollows are the thing to worry about."

He smiled a bit this time, but it was more sad than cheerful. "My parents sent me here to learn an' get experience, an' the day I find a group of people who know what's goin' on, it starts implodin'."
    Nakahiro takes up a position leaning on a nearby wall, listening attentively to Rex's explanation. He nods.

"I know what you mean, but I wouldn't worry too much. Things will get better once we're all a bit clearer and know each other a bit better. What we really need is a leader; part of the problem is that everyone has their own idea of how to get things done. If we can get everybody focused in the same direction, then we can start building trust. Besides, not everyone's having trouble. It's just that problems, when they happen, are louder and more noticeable. Just because you don't see quiet cooperation doesn't mean it's not happening."

He smiles gently.

"Besides, as far as learning experiences go, maybe it's better to start with a dysfunctional group. Trial by fire, right? And...thanks. You've only been here a few weeks and you've already put your life on the line twice to help us."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro takes up a position leaning on a nearby wall, listening attentively to Rex's explanation. He nods.

"I know what you mean, but I wouldn't worry too much. Things will get better once we're all a bit clearer and know each other a bit better. What we really need is a leader; part of the problem is that everyone has their own idea of how to get things done. If we can get everybody focused in the same direction, then we can start building trust. Besides, not everyone's having trouble. It's just that problems, when they happen, are louder and more noticeable. Just because you don't see quiet cooperation doesn't mean it's not happening."

He smiles gently.

"Besides, as far as learning experiences go, maybe it's better to start with a dysfunctional group. Trial by fire, right? And...thanks. You've only been here a few weeks and you've already put your life on the line twice to help us."
    "I couldn't just stand on the side an' watch. Wouldn't be right." Rex shrugged again, but the hint of a smile ghosted to his face. "You're probably right, Wada-san. An' better to get the tussles out of the way early, right?"

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reene]

"I know your intention is good Sayaka, but I believe they are making a few of the students uncomfortable. The protection is also not necessary, I assure you that I can handle keeping common hollows out well enough."
    Sayaka

Sayaka maybe would have agreed. But Principal Lucaster said something very false Sayaka knows.

"This school was attacked already, and if I was not there, maybe all of the students you met today would be dead. I think that they also are not seen by most students. It is warded in places normal students don't see.

If you want to keep secrets of spiritual affairs Principal Lucaster, I understand. But I am not the same as the other students. I have grown up learning and living in this world."
    She says. "It is not just for common hollows. There are other beings as well. And there are spies." She does not know how to explain Gabi. But it is the thought of Sayaka.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

[Reene]

"Mori Souta was contained."

That is not a lie.

"I know you and your friends came here, battled and defeated him. But it was an unnecessary risk that you took. Trespassing into the schoolgrounds at night to fight a dangerous ghost. I had a specialist scheduled to take care of him and they would come a few hours after you did it."

Well, sorta. She is the specialist.

"Souta was also the one hollow that has attacked the schoolgrounds on his own volition, and the only hollow to attack at all for the four years that I have been in this institution, that happened only because he had strong ties to this place in life."

"Common hollows pose no threat to the school as long as I'm here, Sayaka. And neither do any other spiritual beings. I assure you. It is my duty to see to your safety and well-being."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #713

Nakahiro shrugs at Rex's assertion of his actions' necessity.

"Not everyone would see it that way. It's still impressive."

He smiles.

"Exactly. If people just let their issues stew, then they might come back and explode at a bad time later. This way, hopefully they will be resolved sooner."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Orc in the Playground

[Sword HQ]

Releasing his stress by retreating to the roof of the Katzbalger Pharmaceuticals building, Nero puffs on a cigarette thoughtfully. For all his years, he had always tried to separate emotion from his work. And he was mostly successful. But there was one subject he had difficulty with, and that was his daughter. It disgusted him to talk about her in such a detached way. But it was his duty.

All of this was for her. When he joined this organization, he felt like a fish out of water. Recruited from the army after that occurrence, he felt like he was in a world he did not belong.

Until he found her. The orphaned girl in post-soviet Russia. Nearly dead, he brought her in.

Agent 01 felt, if he could give a good life to that girl... Valeria... all the horrible things he had done... and those that he had yet to do... could be redeemed. Perhaps it was a fool's paradise.

But it was the only thing he could hold onto.

Stubbing his dying cigarette butt, Nero Abel heads back into the bowels of the Sword Headquarters. In the elevator, he pulls out his business phone. He had a call to make.

--

Agent 09's phone rings, presumably while in the midst of his research... However, calls from that phone were not to be ignored.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-27 at 03:13 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

As Ken neared Hibiki's classroom, he decided to stop and stay where he was so he could talk to Sayaka as soon as she was done with Reene.

Once dismissed, Ren went to Mayumi's class. He opened the door, tapped lightly on it and backed away from it. He hoped she would take the hint and step outside to speak with him for a moment.

(OOC: How about Mayumi being Ren's homeroom teacher? Heh.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-27 at 08:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Agent 09's phone rings, presumably while in the midst of his research... However, calls from that phone were not to be ignored.
    The phone is indeed quickly answered, and Vincent's voice was soon heard. "Agent 01, how may I be of service?" Despite his polite words, there was a slight tone of annoyance in his voice that Nero probably wouldn't miss. Vincent appeared to be patient to a casual observer, but he took disturbances to his research terribly seriously, even from direct superiors. How was he supposed to get any work done with people bothering him constantly?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    As Ken neared Hibiki's classroom, he decided to stop and stay where he was so he could talk to Sayaka as soon as she was done with Reene.

Once dismissed, Ren went to Mayumi's class. He opened the door, tapped lightly on it and backed away from it. He hoped she would take the hint and step outside to speak with him for a moment.

(OOC: How about Mayumi being Ren's homeroom teacher? Heh.)
    There was a moment, and then Ren would hear the noise of shuffling as students prepared to leave the classroom. He must have gotten there just as the class was ending. How long had he been talking with the principal?

Once the students had filed out, a couple of them looking funny at Ren as they passed by, Ren would see Mayumi sitting at her desk. Without looking up, she gestured at Ren to enter the room.

"Was there something you wished to discuss with me, Ki-san?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren quickly walked into the room. "Not really, I just have some things I want to tell you regarding the principal..." He looked awfully troubled. "When I was called to her office I tried to find out if she was spiritually aware. She avoided answering for a bit, but she eventually admitted she was after I said a teacher here told me they were. She casually asked me which teacher said they were spiritually aware and I said your name reflexively. She didn't even try to intimidate me with a stare or something. I just blurted it out by accident. I should have at least tried to say that whoever said they were might want to maintain their privacy so I didn't feel I could tell her. I'm really sorry I messed up and blew your cover if she didn't already know you were." He bowed deeply to show how serious he was about the issue.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reene]

"Mori Souta was contained."

That is not a lie.

"I know you and your friends came here, battled and defeated him. But it was an unnecessary risk that you took. Trespassing into the schoolgrounds at night to fight a dangerous ghost. I had a specialist scheduled to take care of him and they would come a few hours after you did it."

Well, sorta. She is the specialist.

"Souta was also the one hollow that has attacked the schoolgrounds on his own volition, and the only hollow to attack at all for the four years that I have been in this institution, that happened only because he had strong ties to this place in life."

"Common hollows pose no threat to the school as long as I'm here, Sayaka. And neither do any other spiritual beings. I assure you. It is my duty to see to your safety and well-being."
    Sayaka

Sayaka frowns. She is uncertain of the Principal's ability now.

"We didn't come here to battle him. And it was not trespassing at night. That was the day electricity disappeared, there was the big storm, and we were leaving school early. But the school become locked because of the vengeful spirit and several hollows. We were forced to go to the Gymnasium, where I could secure a place for us to fight it directly.
    We did, and defeated it.

I also don't believe you. One student who you just talked to is clearly another supernatural being. He could be killing students right now.

Whatever defenses this school has, there is no barrier. I am recently become aware some teachers are also spiritually aware, and it seems also yourself."

Sayaka continues calmly.

"But my observations unfortunately been that this school is not prepared. I know I am a student, but I am doing this as my job, not as a student."

It is not completely true. Yes, it is her job. But she was not asked to do so. And of course, it is no payment. She pauses and bows.

"I would be happy to provide instruction or ask my father to help create a real ward for the school. I will for now stop warding the school. Actually after yesterday I have to make more talismans to continue."

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene grimaces at her own mistake, rain, day, night. Four years are not quite enough to take out centuries getting used to Las Noches' weather.

"Night or not, the school was closed and the students had been dismissed. You can be sure that even if you and your friends had not come, the hollow would be gone by the next day."

"And yes, I noticed mister Ki's different aura. I am also sure we would know if such terrible deeds were being performed by him in the school."

"And I know there is no barrier. There can't be. They can be unconfortable to students with some kinds of powers and the school needs to be a welcoming place to everyone. That is why I am asking you to stop, as your principal and as the administrator of this facility, and that is also why I thank you for the offer to help, but dismiss the services of your temple."

Reene approaches Sayaka to put a hand on her shoulder, presumably to guide her off of the room.

"I assure you that my power is more than enough to keep all but the most persistent threats out, and those persistent threats I can deal with, personally."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka grimaces. It is true. If mister Ki did something, likely she would notice. He did promise too... If she could trust the promise. But Principal Lucaster was correct.
    And she had not thought about the barrier being uncomfortable to other spiritually aware students.
    It shouldn't be uncomfortable to humans.
    But Sayaka did not have certainty of this. If it had made someone uncomfortable, then she felt guilty.
    "Yes, Principal Lucaster. I understand." She agrees reluctantly.
    Sayaka let Renee guide her off of the room.
    But she stopped at the doorway.
    "Excuse me Principal Lucaster, can you tell me what power you possess? Are you a Quincy?

I...don't feel safe. I was attacked by a hollow recently..and...well, I don't remember some things. So I want to know what you will do to protect this school."