New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ren quickly walked into the room. "Not really, I just have some things I want to tell you regarding the principal..." He looked awfully troubled. "When I was called to her office I tried to find out if she was spiritually aware. She avoided answering for a bit, but she eventually admitted she was after I said a teacher here told me they were. She casually asked me which teacher said they were spiritually aware and I said your name reflexively. She didn't even try to intimidate me with a stare or something. I just blurted it out by accident. I should have at least tried to say that whoever said they were might want to maintain their privacy so I didn't feel I could tell her. I'm really sorry I messed up and blew your cover if she didn't already know you were." He bowed deeply to show how serious he was about the issue.
    Mayumi looked up as Ren stood in front of her and began speaking. As he spoke, she showed no outward reaction to his statement beyond a steady but almost imperceptible widening of her eyes. When he bowed at the end of his babbling, Mayumi sighed inwardly. She really should have expected this.

"Stand up, Ki-san. You did nothing wrong. You acted rashly, and without much thought for others, but you did what you did in an attempt to gain a new ally for yourself and your friends, as well as to get yourself out of trouble with the principal. And our principal, even though she may not have been actively trying to intimidate you, is an imposing woman. I'm not going to berate you for what you did, though I think that it was reckless."

She stood up, having gathered her things after class. She walked around her desk, putting her hand on Ren's shoulder. "I'm not angry, Ki-san. I just want you to be much more prudent in the future. Discretion is the better part of valor, after all. And if you did find out that the principal is spiritually aware, then you've done in one day more than I have in several years." What she didn't tell Ren is that if the principal is spiritually aware, then means that all of those ominous feelings Mayumi had been receiving from her were probably more than just feelings. But what was she, that she was able to hide so perfectly from Mayumi? If she had any reiryoku at all, there should have been some sign. Even just a reiraku thread, but there was nothing at all. This necessitated further investigation. But not right now.

"Come on, Ki-san. I believe that we both have a class now, right?" She gave him a warm smile, as if trying to reassure him.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka

Sayaka grimaces. It is true. If mister Ki did something, likely she would notice. He did promise too... If she could trust the promise. But Principal Lucaster was correct.
    And she had not thought about the barrier being uncomfortable to other spiritually aware students.
    It shouldn't be uncomfortable to humans.
    But Sayaka did not have certainty of this. If it had made someone uncomfortable, then she felt guilty.
    "Yes, Principal Lucaster. I understand." She agrees reluctantly.
    Sayaka let Renee guide her off of the room.
    But she stopped at the doorway.
    "Excuse me Principal Lucaster, can you tell me what power you possess? Are you a Quincy?

I...don't feel safe. I was attacked by a hollow recently..and...well, I don't remember some things. So I want to know what you will do to protect this school."
    "I am not a quincy."

"I think I could say my powers give me authority over places. But it is a bit more complex than that. I have forbidden most hollows from entering the grounds of this building. Souta had a backdoor, of course, but those is rare enough to be of little concern."

"But I assure you. As long as I am here, this school is the safest place in Fushichou.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Mayumi
    Spoiler
    Show
    looked up as Ren stood in front of her and began speaking. As he spoke, she showed no outward reaction to his statement beyond a steady but almost imperceptible widening of her eyes. When he bowed at the end of his babbling, Mayumi sighed inwardly. She really should have expected this.

"Stand up, Ki-san. You did nothing wrong. You acted rashly, and without much thought for others, but you did what you did in an attempt to gain a new ally for yourself and your friends, as well as to get yourself out of trouble with the principal. And our principal, even though she may not have been actively trying to intimidate you, is an imposing woman. I'm not going to berate you for what you did, though I think that it was reckless."

She stood up, having gathered her things after class. She walked around her desk, putting her hand on Ren's shoulder. "I'm not angry, Ki-san. I just want you to be much more prudent in the future. Discretion is the better part of valor, after all. And if you did find out that the principal is spiritually aware, then you've done in one day more than I have in several years." What she didn't tell Ren is that if the principal is spiritually aware, then means that all of those ominous feelings Mayumi had been receiving from her were probably more than just feelings. But what was she, that she was able to hide so perfectly from Mayumi? If she had any reiryoku at all, there should have been some sign. Even just a reiraku thread, but there was nothing at all. This necessitated further investigation. But not right now.

"Come on, Ki-san. I believe that we both have a class now, right?" She gave him a warm smile, as if trying to reassure him.
    "Thank you for being so understanding." Ren was still somewhat visibly nervous. "Before I go, would you mind telling me what you are? Like what the source of your powers is? I promise I won't let that slip to her."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-28 at 11:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Thank you for being so understanding." Ren was still somewhat visibly nervous. "Before I go, would you mind telling me what you are? Like what the source of your powers is? I promise I won't let that slip to her."
    Mayumi turned to face him, her exit halted by his question. "A fair question, I suppose. I am a member of one of a small group of families that have fought Hollows for centuries. We're the only group of mortals of which I am aware that possess powers that run through bloodlines. We're known to each other and to the Shinigami as Quincy. As to the source of our powers, we draw it from the world around us, from the ambient reishi in the air. Does that answer your question?" She had relapsed into her lecture mode of speech, and wanted to make sure that Ren had paid any kind of attention.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    The phone is indeed quickly answered, and Vincent's voice was soon heard. "Agent 01, how may I be of service?" Despite his polite words, there was a slight tone of annoyance in his voice that Nero probably wouldn't miss. Vincent appeared to be patient to a casual observer, but he took disturbances to his research terribly seriously, even from direct superiors. How was he supposed to get any work done with people bothering him constantly?
    "I would like to know the status of Project Shift." Right down to business.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

"Completely. Thank you." Ren went to off to his next class.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "I am not a quincy."

"I think I could say my powers give me authority over places. But it is a bit more complex than that. I have forbidden most hollows from entering the grounds of this building. Souta had a backdoor, of course, but those is rare enough to be of little concern."

"But I assure you. As long as I am here, this school is the safest place in Fushichou.
    Sayaka

Sayaka thought that was a very interesting power. It must be nice to have ability to make such an authority. Even if it was dangerous.

Sayaka doubted the school was safer than Houheiden however.

She bowed. "Please excuse my rudeness." She said and went to go to class.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

As she approached the classroom she saw Ken waiting for her and looking very serious. He walked up to her and whispered. "Did you and the principal speak any more after I left? If so would you mind telling me what you said to each other? I know you might just think I'm being nosy, but I don't mean to be. I don't completely trust this school. I think someone in it may be a danger to us. Shortly after you started warding the school with talismans a hollow attacked you on your way home and it messed with your memory. Two other hollow attacks happened involving this school. One happened right inside it. Someone within the school might have planned them. Maybe that hollow with mind powers was sent to brainwash you so you wouldn't cause trouble for someone. I'm worried about you and this place. I'm also worried about Gabi."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-29 at 07:58 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka sighed when she saw Ken.
    "Yes I spoke with the Principal. No I won't tell you. It was a private conversation."
    "I've been warding the school since..." Sayaka frowned. "Since school started."
    "I still don't know what happened. Maybe the hollow messed with my memory, but I don't know what was lost. For now at least, it seems like nothing important was lost. I think."

"It's time for class." She said, walking past Ken and into class. "You can say your worries at the meeting later."

She entered the classroom quickly and goes to her seat.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken follows her into the classroom. He doesn't allow his face to show how lousy he feels. When they're dismissed he pulls from his bag a large, thick, soft, white towel. It has the pleasant fragrance of a nice scented detergent. He offers it to Sayaka. "I've got just the thing should you feel like resting your head again at any point during the day without going to the nurse's office."

Also when they're dismissed
    Ken looks to Kina. "I don't know if it'll help you at all, but I asked the principal to tell your aunt you were just looking for a friend's sister instead of slacking off or fighting hollows and she said she'd consider it."

(OOC: I'm ready to move on to the meeting. tgva and Kasanip can just post their reactions when they post their characters first being at the meeting.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-29 at 12:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "It's just...it felt like no one was really listening to what I said. I wasn't trying to start a fight with Ken or anything. I didn't mean to. It's just...I dunno. Personality clash. It seemed like Hibiki-sensei at least sort of understood it.

Then, when I walked in the hall to get away from everyone, Ken decides it's a great idea to follow me, and give me some long spiel that I'm still not in the mood to hear. It's just frustrating all over, and I don't fully know what to do right now.
    "
    "It's okay, Kaito." Kina puts a hand on his shoulder if he lets her.

"I, uh, I understand clashing with Ken. He's just... been a bit much. Um, Lately." She sighs a bit, brushes her hair absentmindedly. "He, um... he kinda makes me uncomfortable now. Before it wasn't as bad. But, um, I just feel weird around him." Her face supports her claims, as she seems almost confused more than anything.

"You don't have to have an answer right now. It's, um, okay not to know what to do. I mean... I dealt with the discovery way worse than you have. And we're all new at this. It's, like, all completely strange."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "It's okay, Kaito." Kina puts a hand on his shoulder if he lets her.

"I, uh, I understand clashing with Ken. He's just... been a bit much. Um, Lately." She sighs a bit, brushes her hair absentmindedly. "He, um... he kinda makes me uncomfortable now. Before it wasn't as bad. But, um, I just feel weird around him." Her face supports her claims, as she seems almost confused more than anything.

"You don't have to have an answer right now. It's, um, okay not to know what to do. I mean... I dealt with the discovery way worse than you have. And we're all new at this. It's, like, all completely strange."
    Kaito breathed a sigh, but his posture suggested he was at least less frustrated now.

"Yeah. Not like we're supposed to have all the answers yet, I guess."

He gives Kina an inscrutable look while pondering his next words.

"If Ken makes you uncomfortable, tell him. Use plain words. I get the feeling he doesn't do well with innuendo. So if something makes you uncomfortable, tell him that and ask him not to repeat that action. If he actually respects you like he ranted he did, he'll listen. If you feel it necessary, maybe speak to one of the teachers if he doesn't listen to your requests to ease up. That's probably a better solution than just sitting there while he makes things more and more awkward for you."

Suddenly, he stands and turns, offering Kina a hand to help her stand up.

"We should get to class."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Kina nods a bit. "You're probably right." She smiles and accepts his hand. Once she's up, she looks around nervously. "I feel a little less safe these days."

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina nods a bit. "You're probably right." She smiles and accepts his hand. Once she's up, she looks around nervously. "I feel a little less safe these days."
    "I've been told I'm right from time to time."

Kaito frowned at that.

"In general, or at the school?"

He started walking to class.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

"Both." Kina keeps his pace rather well. "Being more aware... it makes things scarier. And knowing. Um, that we're all in danger. It's, um, scary."

She brings her hand up to her arm. "I'll just have to get better." At that moment, she looks around the hall. Class had started, so things were relatively empty. "Um, do you want to see something?"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I suppose I know what you mean, about scary.

And yeah. We all have to get better. Looks like we're a team, and we're stuck with each other.
    "

At her question, he raised an eyebrow, a slight smile on his face.

"I'm always up for expanding my knowledge base. Yes, I would like to see something."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Kina grabs his hand. "Don't let go."

A slight rush of air later, and they are on the other side of the hallway. "It's, um, called Hirenkyaku. It's, um, one of the few things I'm good at. With my abilities, I mean." She smiles, then lets go of Kaito's hand. "It's, um, one of the things I have practiced."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina grabs his hand. "Don't let go."

A slight rush of air later, and they are on the other side of the hallway. "It's, um, called Hirenkyaku. It's, um, one of the few things I'm good at. With my abilities, I mean." She smiles, then lets go of Kaito's hand. "It's, um, one of the things I have practiced."
    "What do you me-ah!"

He gave a short, sharp cry of surprise when they sped along the hallway. He spent a few moments blinking his eyes, apparently getting his bearings.

"Whoa. I think that was more of a rush than when Izumi used it to get on the roof. And, uh...less awkward."

He was suddenly blushing a bit.

"Still, pretty nifty. I don't think I'll ever be able to quite replicate that sort of thing. I have a feeling I might eventually be able to fly with my telekinesis, perhaps at fairly high speeds. But a short burst of incredible speed like that? Guess it's one advantage you and a couple others will have over me. Which, you know, is fine. Everyone has their own strengths.

And just goes to show: Practice does, indeed, make perfect.

Whew, let's get to class.
    "

With that, he took to almost-jogging down the halls toward the room they were currently supposed to be in.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with leaving things here and flash-forwarding to the meeting after school.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Kina chuckles. "With my... limitations, I kinda, um, need the speed."

She nods at his suggestion. "Let's." Her feet carry her just beside Kaito on their way to class.

Spoiler
    Show
    I concur with short timeskip.

After classes

Kina sighs. "Um, Ken, if you could avoid your natural urge to... "help" me, I would, uh, appreciate it. It, um, makes this relationship more... uncomfortable for me. And, uh, I would appreciate it if we could try being friends first. Thank you for what you said, but, um, it wasn't necessary."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-29 at 11:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro shrugs at Rex's assertion of his actions' necessity.

"Not everyone would see it that way. It's still impressive."

He smiles.

"Exactly. If people just let their issues stew, then they might come back and explode at a bad time later. This way, hopefully they will be resolved sooner."
    Rex nods, smiling slightly at the compliment. "Thanks. An' yeah... hopefully the meetin' tomorrow'll help. We should probably get goin' to class."

((OOC: I'm up for timeskip.))
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm really sorry I've been bothering you. I'll stop right now. Thanks for telling me. It's just as you say. I just really want to help you, but if I'm being a nuisance there's no point in trying." Oh geez, now she's sighing too. I hate this. I just keep digging myself into a deeper hole.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-30 at 12:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Now Kina seems a bit more annoyed. "Just, um, tone it down. Okay?"

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright. I get it. I know it probably seems highly unlikely right now, but the last thing I want to do is annoy you. I'm sorry I'm so clingy and bothersome. I just haven't had any friends before and I really like you."

24. - Top - End - #744
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora left rather quickly, heading for the cafe, his bag over his shoulder.

"Hn. I'd prefer not to deal with the others, but I suppose I'll have to..."

He snorted, his single red eye flicking over his surroundings as he nears his destination.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka looks at Ken for a minute with a neutral look.
    "What sort of student doesn't bring a towel at this time of year?" She asks with refusal. Of course she has her own towel in her bag. To offer a towel like that is to add difficulty to the situation.
    "By the way, if I feel badly I will go to the nurse's office to sleep." She said, sitting down and looking distractedly at the window.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora left rather quickly, heading for the cafe, his bag over his shoulder.

"Hn. I'd prefer not to deal with the others, but I suppose I'll have to..."

He snorted, his single red eye flicking over his surroundings as he nears his destination.
    [After School - En Route to Venti Buon]

"Sora..."

...Behind him, but not too far, Valeria is following. Sora can't be sure how she got there. She must have ninja training.

"Can we... talk for a second before we get there?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sayaka looks at Ken for a minute with a neutral look.
    "What sort of student doesn't bring a towel at this time of year?" She asks with refusal. Of course she has her own towel in her bag. To offer a towel like that is to add difficulty to the situation.
    "By the way, if I feel badly I will go to the nurse's office to sleep." She said, sitting down and looking distractedly at the window.
    "One that's so tired she might have forgotten to pack hers? I'm sorry for bothering you. I was just trying to be helpful. I'll try to stop being so annoying."

Venti Buon
    Ken tries to get to the meeting place ahead of the others. He walks up to the counter to arrange things with whoever is there. "I know this is sudden, but I'd like to make arrangements to seat twelve people together. I am one of the twelve. The others will be arriving shortly. I'll be paying for anything they order."

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon

Ken will arrive to a pretty odd scene, Donovan appears to be prodding a man who slept on one of the tables. A very big man.

"Sigh..."

He turns to Ken.

"Hmm? Sure, I will get some tables ready."

The Bount's Mind - Why did he feel the need to explain that he was one of the 12? He asked for a table for 12. I'm wasn't about to make a table for 13, that is just obvious.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-09-30 at 02:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Once the tables are placed together Ken takes a seat and begins to watch the entrance for the others. When they come in he waves to get their attention.

OOC: Yeah Draken, it does sound weird. I should have had him say 12 including me/12 in all. I was just tired when I wrote that.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-30 at 07:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Venti Buon

Izumi is first to arrive, leading Chiyoko by the hand. They both sit down.

…if Donovan comes over, Chiyoko will ask for a menu in Braille.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine