New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Venti Buon

Donovan approaches the table with the ten gathered teens.

"Looks like two of your friends are not coming, will you order anything?"

Oscar is still dozing off on his table.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina walks in silently, her hand nervously on her arm. She finds the group and takes her seat quietly beside Sayaka, hanging her back on her chair.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Venti Buon

Kaito turned to face Donovan for a few moments.

"An Orange Cheerio, if you've got one, and, um, do you have a recommendation on any particular house specialty foods?"

As he spoke, he glanced toward Kina's entrance and gave her a friendly wave.

Kaito's Parents, Reiji's House
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Your son, along with a number of his classmates, banded together and sought you out. They then confronted the kidnappers and defeated them." Reiji explains. "I have powers myself. However, they do not lend themselves to this kind of task. I can merely 'see'.

It took us a while to find the children. By the time we did, the skirmish was already over.

While we're at it, your son is also the reason none of us were injured when the attack at your residence took place. His powers helped protect each and every one of us."
    The two were quiet for long moments, shock on their faces as they processed this.

"You're telling me that my son has already had to fight genuine monsters alongside other children? Just to save us and some others? And that he has powers? What can he do?"

"Were any of the children harmed?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm afraid so, on both accounts. The children had a few injuries, but mostly scrapes. Your son, on the other hand, was pretty much unharmed - his power favors long-range combat." Reiji noted with a heavy sigh. "He can use telekinesis to move objects. I'm not sure to what extent.

Akira, Hinata, listen - what your son did today, alongside the other children, was something that took a great deal of courage, especially with the two of you involved. If you must reprimand him in any way, I ask that it be light.

My understanding on such matters is that this is not a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. It may happen again, and your son will be forced to fight once again. I've recently had a certain businessman see to the continued safety of both of you - think of it as a supernatural bodyguard service. I apologize for not consulting you beforehand, but this is something that, as your host, I cannot ignore. Furthermore, I feel responsible for the whole affair."
    With that, Reiji offered them a deep bow as a sign of his regret.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon

Donovan pulls out his notepad.

"One orange cheerio... I always recommend the cheese buns."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Kina returns Kaito's wave.

Noticing Donovan's notepad, she quickly takes up a menu and begins scanning it quickly. "Oh, um..."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi and Chiyoko are huddled over a menu, Izumi reading out the menu for her sister.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm afraid so, on both accounts. The children had a few injuries, but mostly scrapes. Your son, on the other hand, was pretty much unharmed - his power favors long-range combat." Reiji noted with a heavy sigh. "He can use telekinesis to move objects. I'm not sure to what extent.

Akira, Hinata, listen - what your son did today, alongside the other children, was something that took a great deal of courage, especially with the two of you involved. If you must reprimand him in any way, I ask that it be light.

My understanding on such matters is that this is not a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. It may happen again, and your son will be forced to fight once again. I've recently had a certain businessman see to the continued safety of both of you - think of it as a supernatural bodyguard service. I apologize for not consulting you beforehand, but this is something that, as your host, I cannot ignore. Furthermore, I feel responsible for the whole affair."
    With that, Reiji offered them a deep bow as a sign of his regret.
    The couple vaguely returned the bow; Akira was merely pondering the situation, but Hinata seemed more distracted with worry.

"Kaito moves things with his mind? That's...well, I guess that's no crazier than anything else."

"Will these 'bodyguards' be discrete? I appreciate the arrangement, but we can't not live our lives, work our jobs, that sort of thing."

"What about Kaito? Can we get him...I don't know, some kind of trainer? It sounds like he'll need to keep practicing with that 'mental muscle' of his..."

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Venti Buon

Donovan pulls out his notepad.

"One orange cheerio... I always recommend the cheese buns."
    "I'll have a one-person order of those, and go from there."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Valeria smiles for a few more moments as she observes the picture, then returns it, continuing the walk in silence. However, a pensive look grows on her face before too long...

"...What happened to them? Your family."
    Sora looks rather... despondent, almost. He's staring into space again, out of it. "My sister was the first to go. She was kidnapped a while back. Then, my parents died. I don't remember how, I've blocked out the details. So I'm living with a... family now."

The loathing he throws into the word is almost too much, it speaks of a true hatred of real family. He seems to hate his family with a passion.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The couple vaguely returned the bow; Akira was merely pondering the situation, but Hinata seemed more distracted with worry.

"Kaito moves things with his mind? That's...well, I guess that's no crazier than anything else."

"Will these 'bodyguards' be discrete? I appreciate the arrangement, but we can't not live our lives, work our jobs, that sort of thing."

"What about Kaito? Can we get him...I don't know, some kind of trainer? It sounds like he'll need to keep practicing with that 'mental muscle' of his..."
    "They've been asked to be discrete, yes. I trust they'll be able to arrange that. As far as getting Kaito a 'trainer'... I'm afraid I won't be of much help in that regard, but I can try to find one. There's even a chance he might have already found a coach."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-10-08 at 11:22 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

"Feel free to order whatever you want and as much as you want. I'll cover everything." Ken orders himself a comically large sundae comprised of a wide variety of flavours and toppings.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-10-08 at 11:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Pixie in the Playground

"I would like to know the status of Project Shift." Right down to business.
    Vincent grinned, and though Agent 01 couldn't tell through the phone, he was sure to hear it in the scientist's voice. "It's going absolutely marvelously, Agent 01. With Josiah's assistance, I've managed to send a probe through the portal, both proving that I can send complex non-living objects through the portal, and getting several very interesting pictures of the area around the portal. I've also managed to move the portal around the desert of Hueco Mundo, I think. It's hard to tell, because it's all just desert. But there a few landmarks, large rocks and such, and we've had a few setbacks in having probes get destroyed by Hollows who think they're so clever, why not destroy the extremely expensive little rolling toys, it's not like they're important or anything..." Vincent was starting to ramble, and it was unclear whether he'd ever get back on topic without serious prompting.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Venti Buon

After looking over the menu, Izumi and Chiyoko look up. "Um, we'd like two milkshakes, one vanilla and one chocolate. Also, bowl of chips."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't think Chioko looks at anything but whatever.

"Noted... Anything else?"

A yellow canary flies in through the window, stopping on the counter and looking around.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #795
    Orc in the Playground

[SWORD HQ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Vincent grinned, and though Agent 01 couldn't tell through the phone, he was sure to hear it in the scientist's voice. "It's going absolutely marvelously, Agent 01. With Josiah's assistance, I've managed to send a probe through the portal, both proving that I can send complex non-living objects through the portal, and getting several very interesting pictures of the area around the portal. I've also managed to move the portal around the desert of Hueco Mundo, I think. It's hard to tell, because it's all just desert. But there a few landmarks, large rocks and such, and we've had a few setbacks in having probes get destroyed by Hollows who think they're so clever, why not destroy the extremely expensive little rolling toys, it's not like they're important or anything..." Vincent was starting to ramble, and it was unclear whether he'd ever get back on topic without serious prompting.
    Nero fights a sigh of annoyance as he massages the bridge of his nose. "When can you expect to be able to bring humans through? That is of the most importance to Agent 00's plans."

[Park]

Valeria looks to Sora with a rueful expression. No wonder he was so withdrawn...

"...I'm really sorry, Sora-kun..." She bites her lip. "...I don't tell a lot of people this, but I'm adopted. I don't remember a lot about my life before, just being alone, and hungry, and scared..."

"...You're not alone, Sora. You don't have to be..."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #796

[SWORD HQ]

Nero fights a sigh of annoyance as he massages the bridge of his nose. "When can you expect to be able to bring humans through? That is of the most importance to Agent 00's plans."

[Park]

Valeria looks to Sora with a rueful expression. No wonder he was so withdrawn...

"...I'm really sorry, Sora-kun..." She bites her lip. "...I don't tell a lot of people this, but I'm adopted. I don't remember a lot about my life before, just being alone, and hungry, and scared..."

"...You're not alone, Sora. You don't have to be..."
    Sora shirks away from Valeria, edging back an inch or so. "I... I just don't like other people. They do things that never make sense. People are wonderful, wonderful things, I think. But they're just so stupid sometimes. It breaks my heart sometimes... I guess it's how the others think they know everything, they've got everything under control..."

He looks at her, a haunted look in his eyes, and just as abruptly turns away. "Do you know why I'm still alive, still able to speak to you like this? Because I murdered and ate Hollows alive. I ate people's souls, and I... I liked it. It filled the void in my chest, if only for a little while."

He barked out a laugh. "It's sort of funny, really... I'm probably the only person who has enough sensibility to move them off the wrong track, but I'm out here..." He turns to her, a light shining in his eyes. "With you."

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Don't think Chioko looks at anything but whatever.

"Noted... Anything else?"

A yellow canary flies in through the window, stopping on the counter and looking around.
    Huddling over it, then! "No, we're good."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, I'll just, um, have a soda. And, um, one of the cheese buns." Kina smiles amicably and folds the menu closed.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"They've been asked to be discrete, yes. I trust they'll be able to arrange that. As far as getting Kaito a 'trainer'... I'm afraid I won't be of much help in that regard, but I can try to find one. There's even a chance he might have already found a coach."
    "Who do you mean?"

"Will his powers hurt him? How many others seem to have powers alongside him?"
    -------------------------------
    Venti Buon

Kaito barely fought back a sneeze that came from nowhere.

'Stupid allergies.'

Then he noticed the canary...and regarding it with narrowed eyes.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Venti Buon]

Sayaka watches suspiciously Ren and a certain small canary.
    She orders nothing.

Kazari
    [Venti Buon]

Kazari gives helpful advice to Chiyoko of good flavors. Then Kazari also orders sweet foods with a happy oblivious face.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

21. - Top - End - #801
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Who do you mean?"

"Will his powers hurt him? How many others seem to have powers alongside him?"
    "A man by the name of Nero Abel. I understand this is hard to swallow - but for your own safety, it's better that you don't look into this." Reiji offered apologetically. Then he turned to Akira. "As far as I know, the use of his power is harmless to him, but he looked quite exhausted when I found him - probably from the battle itself. I can't really answer that question because not everyone who can see spirits has powers per se - so I wouldn't know how many of his friends have powers and how many simply helped him look. My guess is there's about three or four of them for sure, Kaito included."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

Donovan keeps taking the orders.

A peculiarly well-dressed woman comes down from the second floor, and Gabi flies off towards her and lands on her shoulder.

The two then stride off towards the far back of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remembering, Helena has the reiatsu of a shinigami.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

[SWORD HQ]
    Vincent stops abruptly, as if surprised that Agent 01 is still there. "Transporting humans? I've managed to transport some mammals, but I'm having trouble in that they tend to get eaten by Hollows rather quickly. I'm currently working on a way to make this portal less noticeable to your average Menos, but that's easier said than done. However, give me about...oh, say 14 hours, and I should be able to do it. I just need to recalibrate the dimensional penetration matrix, as well as lower the coefficient of reishi output, which would require me to increase the protection of the person entering, which would..." Vincent had gone back into jargon, but he had given his answer. It was doubtful that anything more useful would be gleaned from here on out.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora shirks away from Valeria, edging back an inch or so. "I... I just don't like other people. They do things that never make sense. People are wonderful, wonderful things, I think. But they're just so stupid sometimes. It breaks my heart sometimes... I guess it's how the others think they know everything, they've got everything under control..."

He looks at her, a haunted look in his eyes, and just as abruptly turns away. "Do you know why I'm still alive, still able to speak to you like this? Because I murdered and ate Hollows alive. I ate people's souls, and I... I liked it. It filled the void in my chest, if only for a little while."

He barked out a laugh. "It's sort of funny, really... I'm probably the only person who has enough sensibility to move them off the wrong track, but I'm out here..." He turns to her, a light shining in his eyes. "With you."
    Valeria observes Sora silently for a few moments. Then, gives a wane smile. "...I'm no better than you in that regard, Sora-kun... I knew my powers were different from the others, maybe even wrong. But... if I can justify them by using them for the good of others, then maybe I wouldn't be considered a monster..." She sighs... "...The others don't know what it feels like to have so much in common with the things we've been fighting... And the way they respond to Gabi..."

"It's not like I haven't considered that Gabi has other motives to helping us... But is it so wrong to hope that a Hollow can be something more? ...We're something more, right, Sora-kun...?"

...The girl looking into Sora's eyes looks about at the verge of tears, obviously wracked by self-doubt and fear... but there's an inner resolve that is almost inspiring. The resolve to risk one's own soul for the sake of her friends... her family...

[SWORD HQ]

"...Very well, Agent 09. I'll expect to hear from you in 14 hours." The man almost sounds irritable. However, he hangs up before it can be confirmed.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-10-10 at 12:44 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #805

Valeria observes Sora silently for a few moments. Then, gives a wane smile. "...I'm no better than you in that regard, Sora-kun... I knew my powers were different from the others, maybe even wrong. But... if I can justify them by using them for the good of others, then maybe I wouldn't be considered a monster..." She sighs... "...The others don't know what it feels like to have so much in common with the things we've been fighting... And the way they respond to Gabi..."

"It's not like I haven't considered that Gabi has other motives to helping us... But is it so wrong to hope that a Hollow can be something more? ...We're something more, right, Sora-kun...?"

...The girl looking into Sora's eyes looks about at the verge of tears, obviously wracked by self-doubt and fear... but there's an inner resolve that is almost inspiring. The resolve to risk one's own soul for the sake of her friends... her family...
    Sora couldn't think, couldn't even comprehend what to do. But the resolve in her eyes was... impressive, to say the least.

"Something... More? Yeah... I guess you could say that..."

He looks at the girl next to him, a small smile crossing his face. "Come on. There's something I'd like to show you." He turns, and begins heading towards an old, ancient house. The house he grew up in.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

[Venti Buon]

Misaki seems very surprised at the sudden arrival of a canary and its departure with the well-dressed woman. Especially considering the students who seemed suspicious of a bird.

Picking up a menu, she tries to peek at the group from behind it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora couldn't think, couldn't even comprehend what to do. But the resolve in her eyes was... impressive, to say the least.

"Something... More? Yeah... I guess you could say that..."

He looks at the girl next to him, a small smile crossing his face. "Come on. There's something I'd like to show you." He turns, and begins heading towards an old, ancient house. The house he grew up in.
    Valeria nods, allowing herself to be escorted along in silence, still with that wane smile.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #808

Sora stops in front of an old, decrepit house. The wind makes a creaking sound as it runs through the doors, and when he steps on the porch, a torrent of dust cascades from the steps.

"I grew up here, once. I remember these steps. Kaa-san would always read to us before bed here, in the dimming sunlight."

He's back there now, not here. Just speaking, remembering.

"Tou-san would be away on musical trips with Kaa-san a lot, but whenever they came back, we would wait for them on the steps, and he would pick us up, and hug as he carried us inside." A small laugh emits from the boy's lips. "He would always bring us a present of some sort, and pretend that he lost it on the flight, just to mess with us."

That same, wistful smile covers Sora's mouth, as he brushes some of his red hair out of his eyes. "That's why I dyed my hair, actually. All my family had some silly shade of hair. Kaa-san's was silver, Tou-san's was auburn. My sister was a darker shade of blue. I had a lighter shade of blue, but all it did was remind me of them. So I changed it, to get away from them. But... I met you." He looks at her, that damn smile still on his face.

"Valeria-san... You've been through so much more than I have, and you can still stand up tall and move forward. You can continue with your life. I've just been... hiding. I don't want to hide anymore. It's not right, you know?"

He gives her a smile, a real smile this time, before he turns away again. A trail of tears runs down his face, but the smile remains.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Rosa set a series of dirty dishes by the sink behind the counter. As she went to grab an empty tray and continue her job, she looked at the group Donovan was currently serving. Almost instinctively, her mind runs through the various little phantom files of the memories of people she has seen. So far, very little is recognizable. Her mind then goes to Donovan. Just like clockwork, she remembers last night's conversation, the memory echoing through her mind.

----
    [Venti Buon, Closing Time Last Night]

The café was closing down. The lights were off and the doors were being locked. Rosa turned the key in the lock, hearing the door bolt shut. Now her job was done for the day.

She turns around, showing the same smile as she did the entire day. It's strange how she can do that, really. She bows to the departing employees and waves them goodbye, before looking towards Donovan again. "Donovan-sama, do you think we now have time to talk?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

30. - Top - End - #810

[Venti Buon]

As the entrances of the students dry up, Nakahiro sits up a bit in his chair and looks around at the others.

"Are we missing anyone else? I...don't think that Sora and Valeria will be joining us."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.