New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

[Warehouse]

Kaito's face twists into a larger snarl as the creature seems to bat away his attacks.

Then he sees Chiyoko go flying from the creature's clutches...and he puts 2 and 2 together to get 4. Several nearby vines are grabbed with his TK, and he pulls on them, hoping to rip them free completely.

A cry of rage slips from his throat, before words begin to form.

"You have them! GIVE THEM BACK, NOW!!!"

He begins attempting to systematically strip vines from the creature, likely with limited success.

It would be hard to tell if anyone else saw the handful of drops of blood that ran out of his nose.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gabi flits next to him.

"What are you complaining to me about? I teached you how to perform pesquisa just a few minutes ago. Will you forget that fast if someone teaches you the martial arts of hollows?"
    "I was being an idiot. I didn't forget, I just didn't think we had the time for me to waste searching for it."

He rolls his eyes at the bird. "If I can remember things I learned in kendo when I was ten, I'm fairly certain I can remember martial arts."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Hasunaga actually perked his eyebrows a little. He wasn't impressed, per se, but he did show a hint of admiration.

"You lack the practice, of course." the old teacher commented. "But you do show some grace, for something you're doing for the first time."
    "Thank you." Carmelia replies as she cuts a piece of the brownie off. "It wouldn't do for me to be ungraceful in this circumstance, now would it?"

She then takes the piece that she just cut and lifts it to her mouth to eat it. Afterwards, she lowers the fork back down to the plate. After a moment of chewing and enjoying the brownie, she swallows and starts talking again. "Besides, I believe that grace, among other things, seperates me from others of my kind."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Slow

The garganta that Sora steps into is gone before Kina can decide whether or not to follow. She stares wide-eyed as it closes behind the strange bird and her friend. "Um..."

Denied her easy way off the roof, Kina walks to a nearby fire escape and carefully drops down onto it, slowly climbing down until she reaches ground level. After a few moments of sensing the nearby area, she finds specifically Sayaka and begins racing towards them, her Quincy pendant swinging at her side.

She closes her eyes and focuses as she runs. Wind blows past her as she finds herself stopping just outside the doorway of the warehouse, just catching a glimpse of her friends in battle. Her arm instinctively draws upwards. "I need time and a clear target. Give me that."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "Thank you." Carmelia replies as she cuts a piece of the brownie off. "It wouldn't do for me to be ungraceful in this circumstance, now would it?"

She then takes the piece that she just cut and lifts it to her mouth to eat it. Afterwards, she lowers the fork back down to the plate. After a moment of chewing and enjoying the brownie, she swallows and starts talking again. "Besides, I believe that grace, among other things, seperates me from others of my kind."
    "Most of your kind are hardly shaped enough like a human that one may suspect them of having a conscience. You, on the other hand, are distinctly woman-like. There just might be a reason why you took that specific form after you became a Hollow. And decided to give my offer a try at that."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Warehouse]

Kaito's face twists into a larger snarl as the creature seems to bat away his attacks.

Then he sees Chiyoko go flying from the creature's clutches...and he puts 2 and 2 together to get 4. Several nearby vines are grabbed with his TK, and he pulls on them, hoping to rip them free completely.

A cry of rage slips from his throat, before words begin to form.

"You have them! GIVE THEM BACK, NOW!!!"

He begins attempting to systematically strip vines from the creature, likely with limited success.

It would be hard to tell if anyone else saw the handful of drops of blood that ran out of his nose.
    Doompine's rebuttal is a mindless howl, flinging debris at Kaito even as he manages to tear a vine off (what he doesn't see underneath the ferns is that it begins to regrow at the root, however).
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

After catching Chiyoko, Ken immediately began to weave past the numerous vines thrashing about, making for the nearest exit. He stumbled here and there as he ducked and swayed to avoid those coming his way. Once he was out of the building, he swiftly turned and laid Chiyoko against its side. Seeing Kina, he spoke. "I'm glad you appear alright. It's very dangerous in here." With that, he spun around and hurried back inside. "You need to calm down and conserve your strength Kaito! You're going to overexert yourself!" he shouted while standing a short distance from the doorway.

An extremely focused looking Ren, bathed in wild red reiatsu, suddenly bolted onto the scene, running right past Ken and Kina, straight to the center of the warehouse. With a booming "UUOHHHH!" and his hands raised in front of him, he unleashed a huge stream of energy square at Doompine's center.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-17 at 12:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex dropped from a nearby rooftop to land next to Kina and Sayaka, Schreiender Adler already glowing in his hands. "Sorry we're late! Got more fire support now!" A hail of crimson bolts sprayed over Ren's head into Doompine's vines, mostly focusing on keeping the area around Kaito clear from flanking attacks.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-08-15 at 08:47 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Kaito, Izumi, & Ken vs. with Longlegs]

Longlegs waits patiently as the children speak, settling in on the ground in a manner reminiscent of a dog. When they finally seem to reach a consensus, it unwraps its legs and rises to its full height before speaking. It addresses Kaito first, before including the entire group. It's voice is still oddly soft, and it frequently pauses as it talks.

"The man...who took your parents. Tsukino Hiroto. Loves...Hollows. Catches us. Forces us to...obey. Machines...like mine. The machines...connected to...glove. He works for...others. Don't know more. Caught...recently. Beware...Doompine. Strongest of us...on this mission. He is like...tree. Fights with vines...regenerates in sun. Strong."

The Hollow shakes its head as if to clear it.

"I am...lucid. Maybe effect of...machine. Maybe...not. Wearing...off. Shinigami..."

It turns to Izumi.

"...I am ready. Do it quickly. Back to normal...soon."
    With Longlegs

Izumi nods, and raises her sword. "Very well. Be at peace."

Her sword descends through Longleg's mask.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Doompine's rebuttal is a mindless howl, flinging debris at Kaito even as he manages to tear a vine off (what he doesn't see underneath the ferns is that it begins to regrow at the root, however).
    Izumi appears, slicing the debris apart. "Defend, Kaito! You won't do your parents any good if you're dead!"

She breathes a sigh of relief. ...Chiyoko's all right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Breaking Promises

Kina steels her resolve. Slowly, she forces a teal energy bow to form in her left hand.

"Clear the vines! I need a clear target!"

With strain on her face, Kina pulls back with her right hand, the pure spirit particles pulling into the shape of a rather large energy arrow. She draws a bead on Doompine. "Ken, don't let me break concentration. I...can only shoot one of these."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken looked back at Kina. "Well, how can I help you do that? Is there something else you'd like me to do other than try to give you a clear shot?" He didn't think much of what she was doing. He thought it was natural that she might exhibit powers sooner or later. The possibility that she might have been concealing them had crossed his mind before.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-16 at 08:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Just keep the guy away from me."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." And so Ken stood guard on what he felt was the unlikely chance that Kina might have something sent her way.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi appears, slicing the debris apart. "Defend, Kaito! You won't do your parents any good if you're dead!"

She breathes a sigh of relief. ...Chiyoko's all right.
    [Warehouse]

Between Ken's exclamation and Izumi's near-order, Kaito regained a bit of his senses. He leapt backwards, and produced a concave shield of telekinetic force that redirected what debris made it past Izumi's work.

Then he hears Kina's yell. He looks to Izumi, a smirk on his face.

"I'll take the creature's left side. You take its right."

With that, he reached and grabbed, and tried to yank as many vines and limbs on the creature's left side away from its mask.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"All right."

Izumi readies both blades... then, as Kaito grabs for the vines, she dashes in, attempting to reach the mask, and slicing any vines heading for her to pieces.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #76

Sora arrives rather casually on the scene, barely looking out of breath.

He raises an eyebrow, groaning under his breath. "Oh hell. You have got to be joking."

He looks at his bird companion. "Gabi, just for reference, is the Hollow's mask more sensitive to that sensing thing then it's body?"

He looks over at his best friend and his newfound... friend, was it? Maybe. He wasn't really sure yet. "Because their plan is going to fail horribly."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-08-16 at 11:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi stops midair.

"Not really. The whole body of a spiritual creature emanates spiritual energy equally unless it is gathering energy somewhere for an attack."

"But you are right, fighting that way they are going to end up hurting Val and the hostages still inside that hollow. You need a more accurate attack. Maybe your reiatsu."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #78

He looks at the bird with a questioning gaze. "Use my reiatsu? You mean a Cero or whatever?"

He thinks for a moment. "That's still going to fail horribly, and probably kill a few hostages. That's a tad too much collateral for a rescue mission, wouldn't you say?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

[vs. Doompine]

To dodge the energy, Doompine drops down through the broken ceiling to the ground floor, where the rest of the group is.

((Doompine's mask is not readily visible.))

Doompine fights the pull as best it can to slow Izumi down.

And when that doesn't work, it throws Val at her. While it's at it, it throws Kaito's mom at the telekinetic.

Hopefully (for him) the distraction is such so that Doompine can resume his rampage, namely smacking Kaito and Izumi with vines before they can recover.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-08-17 at 12:38 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi claw-kicks Sora at the back of his head.

"No you brain-dead nitwit! Reiatsu is the pressure caused by the widespread release of your spiritual energy. Without focusing it in a single area the energy will surround you and overwhelm lesser spiritual beings. But has no effect on those who are not spiritually aware to begin with."

"You can focus the pressure on a single target by turning all your hostility towards him. Focus your anger and spite and make it into a weapon, instead of letting it control you like you did before."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #81

He attempts to swat the bird as it kicks him. Again. For like the third time in a few hours. "Stop doing that you dratted thing! It hurts!"

He stops as the bird continues, looking thoughtful. "Overwhelm lesser beings eh? That sounds... intriguing. How far would mine reach? From here to that idiot plant?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"Probably no further than this room."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #83

He bites his lip.

"This is going to need me to teleport isn't it?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi would make a clueless face, but the bird's face is not that expressive.

"Teleport? You can do that? Either way, you wouldn't have to. Just get close and release the spiritual pressure."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Rather than try to conserve his strength by stopping momentarily, Ren keeps feeding the beam energy and lowers it to realign it with the hollow. He doesn't really worry about harming anyone within Doompine because he is only trying to drain its energy with his attack.

Meanwhile, Ken races back into the warehouse, intending to scoop up Valeria and Kaito's mother and carry them both out of the building.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-21 at 01:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

"You know that fast moving... thing that I can do."

He looks at Doompine, who is a... respectable distance away. "So, I just have to get near him? Seems easy enough."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone with sufficient attention might see a little black tornado appear above Gabi's head.

"Go try and 'teleport' through a closed door after we are done here and see how it works for you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #88

"If I can't 'teleport' up to a roof without getting stuck, I'm not going to try going through a door."

He glances at the black tornado above the bird's head. "I have the sudden suspicion that I'm not tele-"

His head turns rapidly, eyebrows jumping upwards as he sees Doompine throw out two people.

One of which is Val.

"Found Val. That wasn't too hard, sure I almost died a few times and lost control over myself, attempting to rip a Hollow to shreds with my bare hands, but it wasn't all that bad."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [vs. Doompine]

To dodge the energy, Doompine drops down through the broken ceiling to the ground floor, where the rest of the group is.

((Doompine's mask is not readily visible.))

Doompine fights the pull as best it can to slow Izumi down.

And when that doesn't work, it throws Val at her. While it's at it, it throws Kaito's mom at the telekinetic.

Hopefully (for him) the distraction is such so that Doompine can resume his rampage, namely smacking Kaito and Izumi with vines before they can recover.
    Izumi reacts quickly, pulling her blades away before she cuts Val...

and before she can do more, Ken catches the young Vizard. "Thanks for the- whoa!"

The cut-off mid sentence is due to Izumi nearly getting hit by Doompine, barely managing to block the vines incoming at her. Close-up attacks aren't doing me much good... wish I had a long-range attack.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken's outstretched arms give way slightly as Valeria's body crashes into them and his knees bend. "No problem," he says as he runs to get the next person. On his way he gently swings his classmate over his right shoulder.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-17 at 08:05 AM.