New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,127 of 1127
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Reene blinks, but doesn't stop walking.

"You do, that is interesting? And why do you say I see dead people as well?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Reene blinks, but doesn't stop walking.

"You do, that is interesting? And why do you say I see dead people as well?"
    "You know, being a kid doesn't mean I'm stupid. Everyone who can see them feels similar in a way. Some try to pretend they can't, but I can feel that you can."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene sighs.

"Well, you sound experience enough with the whole thing. I just wish people didn't bother so much with it."

"So, what is have you made of the ability so far?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Orc in the Playground

"Sometimes it's scary. I even ended up with a monster after me once. But most dead people aren't so bad. Not that I talk to them much.

What about you, Reene-kochou? What do you think of being able to see ghosts?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

"I try not to dwell on the subject."

"When I was younger I thought I had the duty to use these abilities for one teenage fantasy or another, but luckly I didn't have to learn the hard way that the best thing to do is leave the matters of the dead to the dead."

"The monsters just learn to steer clear after a while."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Orc in the Playground

"Really? What'd you do to scare them off? With me, I really have to hide from them sometimes." Setsurou noted. "I can only see them, and hear them. But I can't do much beyond that."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

"Most who have clear sight of the spirit world also gain powers some way or the other. Some gain the powers of the reapers, or the monsters, or from a few different bloodlines. There are those with a brand of... Shall we call it magic, the reapers have their own after all."

"I have my magic."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Orc in the Playground

"REALLY?! You can do magic?! Oh showmeshowmeshowmeshowmeshowme!!"

Yep, she flicked his on switch.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

"No."

She says it as flat as she can.

"My magic is destructive and even the few spells I have that are not for offensive purposes have generally ruinous side effects. The aesthetics of my soul turned out to be most unkind."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Orc in the Playground

"So what you're saying is you're ugly inside? I don't believe you." Setsurou pouted. "I still wanna see it..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene muffles a giggle.

"No, I am quite positive that my soul looks exactly like I do. And very well, if you insist I will do it. But fetch this first."

Reene pulls a bottle of water from her bag and holds it out to Setsurou.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora ignored Kaito - he was already focused, preparing a plan, then a counterplan, then a third, fourth, and seventh diversion tactic in order to face her, and not go mad.

It was not an amusing experience to speak to Yui, it was not a fun experience in the slightest. Valeria-san had left, and he felt... frayed at the edges, his mind slipping in between reality and the fabric of sanity, breaking into insignificant pieces as he moved, a ferocious grin on his lips as he did so.

"Beloved, you go too far. This woman has helped us, and you plan to strike her down in response? What have you become while I slumbered?"

He snorted at her words, brushing strands of blue out of a solitary grey eye. Covering it wouldn't help, at least not right now. The eye was useless, it had always been useless, but the fringe merely undercut the point he was attempting to make to her, that he was tired of her evasiveness, her undercutting his logic. He had long since advanced past 'monster', he was approaching 'abomination' at a fast pace.

"You weren't asleep Meciel."

"What are you talking about beloved?" The voice was surprised, like her host had just struck her across the face at full force, his calm manner of speech disconcerting. "I did not leave, I have been here the entire-"

"I was ten and you were gone, and my sister was gone, and my parents were ignoring me. You left." It wasn't an argument, that would imply that either party had any idea that they were in the wrong.

"You refused to listen to my reasoning beloved."

He was quiet for a time, the rain pouring down ferociously as he moved, a chill ripping itself through his thin jacket like a knife through butter, as he thought back to those times.

"...You were my only friend. You were the only person who talked to me, Meciel, and you were the only one who cared. So... so what? So what if I had ignored your decisions for once? I just... I just wanted to feel something for once! I wanted to know that someone else cared!"

"You make it sound as if you were mutilating yourself beloved." The voice sounded amused, and Sora steadfastly ignored the gentle presence floating next to him, a white dress fluttering slightly in the rain. "Which, I suppose you were, in a way. But she was not a good friend. She would only use and betray you beloved, and I would not wish that on any a man, least of all you."

"We were six! She was just a girl who gave me some food!"

A girl, blue hair, smiling at him as he looked at her oddly, a confused tilt to his head as she offered him something, her hand blurred in the memory, as he was only focused on what she was saying.

"Hey! My name's Izumi!"

He stared. "So? Why should I care?"

She pouted at him, a small glare overcoming her face as she put her hands on her hips. "That's not very nice! I just wanted to talk!"

He looked away, shifting his legs on the bench he sat on alone. Everyone else in the area played, laughing and talking, except for the two. "That's nice. Go 'way."

She shook her head.

"Why not?"

She bit her lip, and looked down. "Cause... Cause..."

"So? Why not?"

She looked up, blushing slightly as she answered him. "Cause you looked lonely."

He stared at her in abject shock, his eyes widening, and then just as suddenly, he looked away.

He moved over slightly on the bench, looking down as she smiled and sat there.

"She was my... she was my only friend. Real friend, that is."

"Oh? Am I not real?"

He laughed scornfully, shaking his head. Warmth fell over him as she wrapped herself around his body, but he continued to move. The warmth wasn't real, merely her manipulating his nerve endings in order to experience the sensation - he had long since learned not to trust it. He stopped suddenly, even thought the warmth remained, and stared at the building he'd been staying at for a while.

"No. You're not."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Reene muffles a giggle.

"No, I am quite positive that my soul looks exactly like I do. And very well, if you insist I will do it. But fetch this first."

Reene pulls a bottle of water from her bag and holds it out to Setsurou.
    "I can understand that you're about to do something really awesome, but I can't imagine why it involves me holding a water bottle." He obediently takes it, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

"That is more for your convenience."

Reene smiles and looks up, taking a deep breath.

A dry wind blows by.

She releases one hand from her paper bag and traces a finger across the air, forming a ball of liquid at her palm.

And by this point there is absolutely no moisture in the air, dry like the saline flats of the Atacama desert. Setsurou may feel his lips start to crack.

Reene then turns her hand up, the water still floating there, while it turns into a milky liquid and finally ignites into a ghastly white-green flame.

"My powers have a rather specific theme. Dehydration, salt, I know a spell that can turn someone into a pillar of salt, in fact. Took the idea from a book."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Orc in the Playground

Slurp. Aaah.

"Almost sounds like you've lived in a desert most of your life. But my mommy once said people who live in the desert are often brown-skinned." Gulp, gulp.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, yes. I suppose. But I have never been to a desertic region. I would guess it is more... How can I say... Symbolic thing."

Reene releases the flame, and it goes out in a smokeless puff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Orc in the Playground

"Must be nice to be able to do things other people can't. For me, only seeing spirits is pretty boring. And it bothers me sometimes."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show