New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Sora's muttering might reach those nearest to the door, as he attempts to figure out how many were captured.

"Let's see... Val, Kaito's parents, Chiyoko-chan, and one or two others..."

He glares at Doompine, annoyed. "If he could just ditch the last few hostages, I could easily blast him with a cero or something. It doesn't seem like I can do much right now though..."

He bites his lip, thinking quickly. Hollow was pretty far away - a bit too far one of those fast moving things that he wasn't very good at. He couldn't blast it yet, the damn thing still had hostages. He scans the area, looking for anything usefu-

Kina. She had the fast moving thing down. If he could find the locations of the other hostages, then he could get Kina to rescue them, letting everyone else cut loose.

"Gabi? Can I sense humans the same way I can Hollows?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not if they have no spiritual power. The technique I teached you doesn't find hollows, it finds spiritual beings. Ghosts, hollows, shinigami or humans with spiritual powers.""

Gabi flits.

"First order of business when this is over will be to temper your iron skin. With a good hierro you could just dive into that thing, find the hostages and rip it apart from the inside."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #93

Sora shudders at Gabi's description of what could happen. "That sounds revolting. Useful, but revolting. Any chance of them being able to remove the hostages so I can let loose a cero? At the rate that plant's ditching hostages, I might be able to blast it soon."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

"That is not a mathematical problem. He may very well expell all but one hostage to free limbs for attack and reduce weight. One is more than enough at any rate."

Gabi shakes its head at the shuddering.

"Steel your stomach if you want to stick to spiritual matters. Jumping into a mass of tentacles is what you are likely to get on the best meaningful days."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #95

Sora sighs, pursing his lips. "...We came to get Val right? She's safe now, and they seem to have things somewhat under control."

He pales slightly as Gabi continues. "What's... What's a bad day like?" He asks in a rather quiet voice.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi raises an eyebrow.

"Well. I know of seven slime hollows, two shinigami with barbed wire shikais, and two humans who control horror, pain, death and despair."

The two humans may not actually qualify as humans, if you go by specifics.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #97

"Oh. Oh." He's feeling rather overwhelmed by this revelation.

It's slightly frightening, after all.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [vs. Doompine]

To dodge the energy, Doompine drops down through the broken ceiling to the ground floor, where the rest of the group is.

((Doompine's mask is not readily visible.))

Doompine fights the pull as best it can to slow Izumi down.

And when that doesn't work, it throws Val at her. While it's at it, it throws Kaito's mom at the telekinetic.

Hopefully (for him) the distraction is such so that Doompine can resume his rampage, namely smacking Kaito and Izumi with vines before they can recover.
    [Warehouse]

Kaito's eyes widen, and he frantically dives to catch his mother in his arms (with a little telekinetic aid). He mostly dodges Doompine's follow-up attack, but still takes a hit to the side.

"Agh!"

The boy though he'd have a terrible bruise on the morrow...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Having reached Kaito, Ken offers his free arm. "Mind if I take her?" he asks, appearing completely indifferent to their current situation.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-18 at 01:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi reacts quickly, pulling her blades away before she cuts Val...

and before she can do more, Ken catches the young Vizard. "Thanks for the- whoa!"

The cut-off mid sentence is due to Izumi nearly getting hit by Doompine, barely managing to block the vines incoming at her. Close-up attacks aren't doing me much good... wish I had a long-range attack.
    Rex spotted lashing vines nearly strike Izumi, and clenched his teeth so hard they hurt. "Oy, leafy! Get away from her!" He braced himself and threw himself open to the world, drawing in as much reishi as he could manage and packing his bolts as tightly as he could. "Just die for good already!" Crimson blazed from Schreiender Adler as he loosed bolt after bolt towards Doompine's extremities, trying to pare the Hollow away from the humans.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-08-17 at 10:41 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Most of your kind are hardly shaped enough like a human that one may suspect them of having a conscience. You, on the other hand, are distinctly woman-like. There just might be a reason why you took that specific form after you became a Hollow. And decided to give my offer a try at that."
    Carmelia eats a little more of the brownie as she listens to Hasunaga. "I cannot speak for the others of my kind, but I would assume that they at least have some piece of what you might call a conscience. Of course, given my prior experiences, I wouldn't be surprised if my assumption is false. However, I doubt that particular trait has anything to do with our form."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

"That's where you're wrong. I've fought enough Hollows to tell: the most dangerous ones are always humanoid in shape. They may not always hold the greatest physical strength, or the most impressive powers - but they more than make up for it with tactics. You're more than a good example; many of the other Hollows I faced died without knowing what hit them."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Having reached Kaito, Ken offers his free arm. "Mind if I take her?" he asks, appearing completely indifferent to their current situation.
    Kaito gave Ken an intense look.

"You keep her safe."

He hadn't phrased it as a request. Once she was handed over, he dove back into the fight, trying again to use his TK to tear away at Doompine.

"Give me back my father you monster!"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken looked back at him blankly. "Alright," he said, completely unfazed. He took hold of the woman and propped her up on the opposite shoulder in a deliberate yet swift manner. Then he ran back to sit the two down beside Chiyoko. Though he was moving quite fast, every step was smooth and calculated.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    <"I hope I'm not boring you with such heavy musings">, Mihail says in response to her yawning. <"Though I must ask - how can you never get disappointed? What's your little secret?">

It seems the dinner is taking forever. How many courses do we still have left? It'll be midnight before we finish eating this rate. Darn French cuisine...
    <Hmmm...> Eirene thinks about this for a moment. <I guess I'm just used to putting a positive spin on things.>

The rest of the dinner, all four courses of it, is slow and finishes at about 3 AM. Time flies, though, as the two talk. Between the exhaustion, wine, and food, Eirene can barely stand up. <I was scared for a moment that we'd finish dinner in time for breakfast.>
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-08-20 at 05:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

<"Yes, this took... longer than expected">, Mihail replies, offering his hand to Eirene to help her keep balance. He doesn't seem as exhausted, but his eyelids are slouching a bit, and there's a faint smirk on his face. <"So... is the rest of the date still on? I hope you don't have too many movies, I still have to get to work today.">
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The couple on the couch sits there in stunned silence. It takes them almost five minutes to really get beyond "shock".

"I...okay. For now, let's assume you're right.

And...Josef and I loved each other. Back when we were teenagers. We'd sworn we'd get married, see the world. We-
    "

Here she blushes and fidgets a bit.

"We gave each other every bit of our love. And then he just vanished from my life. I've found new love now. I'm married, happily so. I've moved on. Maybe the part of you that is Josef...has to do the same?"
    "Perhaps.", Roux shrugs, "Not sure how to do that, though."

The Arrancar sighs and stands up.

"Thanks. And sorry about the damage to the wall." he fishes around in a pocket and starts leafing out money. "Any idea how much it'll cost to repair? I'm probably not going to be sticking around here for much longer, so I can spare most of the cash on me. Just need enough for food and somewhere to sleep."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    "Perhaps.", Roux shrugs, "Not sure how to do that, though."

The Arrancar sighs and stands up.

"Thanks. And sorry about the damage to the wall." he fishes around in a pocket and starts leafing out money. "Any idea how much it'll cost to repair? I'm probably not going to be sticking around here for much longer, so I can spare most of the cash on me. Just need enough for food and somewhere to sleep."
    The married couple look at each other, before Shinobu nods at Akane.

"I...I suppose a few thousand? They'll need to replace the surface and repaint..."

She falls silent, still not entirely comfortable around Garoux.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The married couple look at each other, before Shinobu nods at Akane.

"I...I suppose a few thousand? They'll need to replace the surface and repaint..."

She falls silent, still not entirely comfortable around Garoux.
    Roux counts out a dozen or so large denomination bills, placing them on the nearest table.

"Here, take it. Thanks for your time, and... sorry, I guess."

With that, he walks towards the door, intending to let himself out.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

((KERSNIP thanks to an error))
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-08-20 at 09:37 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Under the combined pressure of the attacks, Doompine snaps. Vines roar everywhere, tearing the warehouse apart as the berserk hollow howls with nothing resembling sane thought.

It doesn't move from Ren's ray, but several vines do snap at the young man.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren ceased blasting the hollow and dove to the right to avoid its attack. He managed to dodge all the vines save one, which came later than the others and struck him hard on the back as he tried to get to his feet. Ren grunted in pain and didn't rise beyond his knees.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Where is it? Where is it? Where is it...? Kina keeps her eyes fixed on Doompine, watching and waiting for its weak spot to come into view. She looks around and noticing Sayaka, yells, "Sayaka, can you use a barrier of some kind?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    <"Yes, this took... longer than expected">, Mihail replies, offering his hand to Eirene to help her keep balance. He doesn't seem as exhausted, but his eyelids are slouching a bit, and there's a faint smirk on his face. <"So... is the rest of the date still on? I hope you don't have too many movies, I still have to get to work today.">
    <Maybe we'll just watch one.> Eirene suggests with a shrug, paying her half of the bill while leaving no tip. <I have a few, anyway. What kind of movie are you in the mood for?> She asks with a yawn as she descends the stairs and leaves the restaurant.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-08-20 at 05:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Mihail pays the other half, paying no attention to any tip - he'd never really gotten that part of eating in restaurants. <"I have no idea. You choose">, Mihail responds as they get to the street. <"Something that won't make us both fall asleep halfway through would be nice. You sound... pretty tired."> The man has to pause to yawn himself.

<"So, which way...?">
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #116

<Hmmm... Maybe an action movie then.> Eirene ponders this as she walks down the street. <I live about a block away from the café. Apartment building.> She explains, stumbling a bit as she grabs onto Mihail's sleeve for support.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Successful in circumnavigating the rampaging vines, Ken returned to the relative safety of the entranceway and deposited his two wards beside Chiyoko. He turned to Sayaka and Nakahiro, having been alerted to them by Kina. "Hey Nakahiro, we can't find the mask on the hollow in there because it's protected by a ton of vines. Kaito's father is also inside it somewhere and we obviously don't want to hurt him by accident. Do you think you could use your senses to find both of them? If you could find the mask maybe Sayaka could use some type of talisman to momentarily stun that beast so we can safely remove the vines guarding it with a precision attack and get at it."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-20 at 06:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Nakahiro, having just arrived and taking a moment to absorb the situation, nods to Ken. He removes his glasses, holding them in both hands. He engages his aura, then focuses it on his glasses, which grow brighter. He places them back on, keeping one hand on the side and turning it periodically as if adjusting a dial.

"Just gotta...find the right frequency...there we go!"

Nakahiro reaches into his pocket and withdraws a scrap of construction paper. He crumples it in one fist, then points the fist at Doompine. A ray of violet energy shoots forth, creating a person shaped silhouette on the side of Doompine's body.

"He's right there!"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken turned to look at Nakahiro's handiwork for a moment. "Awesome." He paused. "I don't want to sound unappreciative or impatient, but what do you think you can do about locating its mask?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"That's... good... I won't... hit him..." Kina struggles a bit to speak, concentrating on the arrow and keeping it aimed at Doompine.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC