New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Sora grins, darting to the right underneath Izumi, cutting upwards to slice the damn thing open and let Kaito's dad go.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "That's where you're wrong. I've fought enough Hollows to tell: the most dangerous ones are always humanoid in shape. They may not always hold the greatest physical strength, or the most impressive powers - but they more than make up for it with tactics. You're more than a good example; many of the other Hollows I faced died without knowing what hit them."
    "That is true. Although you would be surprised at what a group of feral Hollows can achieve in terms of tactics. It might be some remnant of their past life, or those of the Hollows they have eaten. At the very least, they can comprehend tactics when directed by a more intelligent Hollow. I should know, I've been leading a group that fits that description for quite a long time now."

She eats a little more of the brownie, noting how little of it is left.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

"I've seen it, actually. Fought it, even. They are quite a lot more troublesome that way." Hasunaga grinned. "Would you like another one? Maybe add some ice cream to it."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    <"You sure this is your apartment, and not a recycling center?">, Mihail quips. He's been on the road so long, he's not really had a chance to accumulate assorted trinkets for himself. Messy girl, he thinks drowzily as he regards the chaos.

When given the bag full of movies, he doesn't really know what to do with it. So he just takes out the first disc that hits his hands and hands it to Eirene. *Yawn* <"I suppose that will do.">
    Eirene fakes offense at his comments, looking positively aghast as she covers her forehead and faints onto the couch. <Hmmph. Fine then. Just for that you don't get a tv.> She turns on the movie, which turns out to be a really old Hong Kong action movie, the kind with really bad dubbing. Still, the fight scenes are still impressive. Eirene laughs at almost everything in the movie, especially when the movie intends to be serious. She seems remarkably awake despite her earlier sluggishness.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

[vs. Doompine]

Kaito's dad drops to the ground, along with a multitude of stone-hard pines. However, there is little time to celebrate victory as Doompine begins to revive, the ground quaking with its sheer rage as it rips at the building around it, attempting to collapse it in a last-ditch attempt to turn things in its favor.

There is very little time to escape to safety with the freed hostage, let alone to continue the assault.

[Just outside the industrial district]

Nero hefts a bound Hiroto into the trunk of his car. The scientist struggles against his bindings, and screams furiously into the duct tape over his mouth.

"Agent 13, until I receive Agent 00's orders, you are under my command. For your actions, I will be placing you under house arrest, and your Agent status will be under probation." He adjusts his glasses, switching to english.

<On a less professional note, you are just a psychopath with delusions of grandeur and this agency would be better without you.> He slams the trunk.

I've no idea why Agent 00 keeps that man around.

And now, back to SWORD Headquarters.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

[Day 20, small hours, Eirene's apartment]

In turn, Mihail spends more time observing Eirene and her reactions than what's playing on the screen. As such, the movie goes past him, pretty much. When it ends, he glances around the apartment, looking for a clock, though judging from the runtime, he estimates it to be around 5 AM. <"Well, that was... entertaining">, he mumbles. <"Should we watch another one? You seem quite... perky.">
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Kina looks to Nakahiro. "Is... is that everyone?" She pulls back on the arrow, readying it to be fired at Doompine's writhing mass of vines.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #158

"Yeah, feels like. Stand by."

Nakahiro answers tersely, and doesn't look at Kina. Soon after she asks, he drops his hands from his eyes. His face is barely visible, as his glasses are giving out a blinding glow. Nakahiro looks around, then focuses intently on Doompine. After a few seconds of searching, he nods to himself and lifts his umbrella up to his eye, aiming down it at Doompine. The blinding glow flows from his eyes to his umbrella, which then releases a straight beam of white energy at Doompine. When the beam impacts, it sears away part of the Hollow's vine covering, revealing its mask beneath. Immediately afterwards, Nakahiro drops his umbrella, which has started smoking.

"Alright, hit it now!"
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-08-24 at 04:00 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

"Great work Nakahiro," said Ken, looking up from his spot next to Valeria. Now that hollow's mask was in sight he decided to stay outside and continue to tend to the two still unconscious women. He knew at least four of the people present had ranged attacks that they could use to break the hollow's mask. They'd easily have enough firepower to get the job done. In addition, Sora and Izumi were free to carry out the last hostage while the others were busy.

Noting that the building would most likely soon collapse, Ken moves Valeria and Kaito's mother a short distance away from it. He sets the older of the two up against a stack of pallets and lays the other down flat next to her. He slips a pallet under Val's injurd leg and starts applying pressure to the wound.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-24 at 08:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Kina doesn't wait. Her arrow already pointed at the beast's center, she barely has to adjust to aim at where the mask is revealed. A second later, she has released the great energy arrow, sending it through the air almost instantaneously, passing straight into the Hollow at the point of impact.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Doompine avoids the blow to its mask with a swift hop. However, the arrow passes through the rest of its body, leaving a sizable hole. Collapsing immediately, all that remains of Doompine is a flailing mass of vines as it howls in the throes of death.

The vines wracking the building wither and die, falling to the ground and disintegrating immediately, even as their owner does so slowly, cursing its existence with every feral howl left in its 'breath'.

And so, Doompine was no more.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #162

Nakahiro turns to look at Kina, although he doesn't make eye contact, as if he was looking right through her.

"Did you...did you get him?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

As Nakahiro's words echo in the industrial district, the kids might notice that even though Doompine's vines fade away and stop pounding the building around it, a strange, clapping sound remains, becoming more prominent as other sounds grow more quiet.

It sounds like an applause.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, you got it in one shot?" Ken asked, still crouching by Valeria. He didn't really sound surprised. He started to think about waking her, but then he heard the clapping. "Who's there?" he called, not raising his voice much. He tried to sense the stranger's reiatsu to figure out its location.

Ren stood still for a moment watching the hollow die. Then he grabbed his sister's hand and started to run out of the building. "Let's get out of here!"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-25 at 07:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Sitting atop Valeria's head, Gabi looks up at the sounds of applause and releases a pulse of pesquisa.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As soon as Sora and Izumi had freed his father, Kaito pulled his unconscious form toward himself with his telekinesis. He then propelled them both to the other unconscious hostages, especially his mother, with a series of weak bursts. He gently guided his parents to as safe of a spot as possible, considering all the debris falling around them.

Once it had settled, he began to relax...until he heard the clapping. When he did, he tensed, going into a protective stance over his parents. There was an angry look on his face.

"Who are you? Show yourself! What do you want?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

The clapping stops. "My, no need to be so indignant. I'm only here to congratulate you on a job well done." As the teenagers look around, they might spot the source of the sound on the roof of another warehouse, thirty, forty meters away from themselves. There's a pale, humanoid form sitting on the edge, lower half of its face looking like something has torn all flesh away from it.

"You've performed admirably today. But do you think you really should be the ones to be fighting?"

18. - Top - End - #168

Nakahiro's head whips up at the sound of the voice, although he doesn't look directly at the newcomer. He begins moving his gaze around in the general direction of the person(?) congratulating the group. As he does so, he begins gently tapping the side of his head.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

"I guess ideally some shinigami would've taken care of everything, but we don't have the luxury of being able to call upon them at a moment's notice," said Ken, spotting the clearly unnatural being.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-25 at 10:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito's eyes narrow at the appearance of the...being.

"We didn't have time to go looking for random shinigami to help. These things, and whoever was controlling them, would have killed our family members. But really, I don't see how it's any of your damn business. Now leave us alone."

He keeps one eye on the...thing...there while he proceeds to check the vitals of his parents and Valeria.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-08-25 at 10:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken turned to Kaito and spoke normally, neither raising nor lowering his voice. "Do you really want to risk angering this person and potentially having to unnecessarily fight another battle as a result?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-25 at 10:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks at the figure warily, while sheathing her swords. ...I can at least get the katana out quickly if it comes to that...

She frowns. "Like my friends said, we didn't exactly have the time to find anyone else to help."

Meanwhile, Chiyoko sighs in relief, then freezes as she hears the clapping and the voice. She moves closer to Izumi. "Um... who are you?"

And she's reaching out with her senses, trying to figure out what the guy 'feels' like.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito gave Ken a sharp glance.

"Do you actually care, or are you just curious, Ken? One way or another, I don't feel like playing 20 questions on why I saved my family with some wacko missing half his face."

He shakes his head and waves a hand dismissively at the figure.

"Forget this. I'm getting my parents out of the rubble of a mostly-demolished warehouse, then we'll see if I can wake them up, or if I have to call someone for a ride."

With that, he began to utterly ignore the figure, and instead concentrated on levitating his parents and slowly moving them out of the ruins as he took slow, careful steps. Not once did he look back over his shoulder, though his friends might see the small signs of strain on his face.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken silently looks at Kaito as he speaks, expressionless. He resumes facing the stranger once he's done. "I apologize for his rude behaviour and I thank you for your praise."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-26 at 01:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi recoils and holds back a small hiss.

"Menos."

-----

[School]

Reene jumps off of her chair, startling Gralster.

"Elder. Of all the goddamned rogues. Elder."

She turns to the overlord flying hollow.

"Send to Las Noches that that senile wretch is nesting in our territories."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria groans again, opening her eyes... then cries out as she notices the pain in her leg. Sitting up, she stares in disbelief at the huge gash in her leg.

"W-what?" She looks around at her friends. "What happened, is everyone okay!?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken brings his attention back to Valeria. "We're alright. The hollow that grabbed you has been killed and so have all the others. It threw you out of itself and I carried you away from it and tended to your wound." He tries to sound firm and reassuring. "Now we've got this supernatural stranger here who claims to have merely come to congratulate us on our victories." He points to Elder.

(I think she should be staring at makeshift bandages made out of Ken's shirt covering her wound instead of the wound itself. :P)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-26 at 12:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

To Chiyoko, the creature feels moist; like deep pool of cold water with mist hanging just above the surface, brushing on her face. A taste of salt and lye creeps into her mouth, along with the feeling that any moment now, she might fall into the pool and be forever gone.

"Bah. If you'd been here ten minutes later, there wouldn't have been Hollows for you to fight"
    , the figure snorts. "Oh, I can believe you couldn't have contacted a Shinigami, though your present one could've done a lot more in that regard." Its dark orbs shoot a piercing glance at Izumi.

"But I do believe you could've called someone else."
    Now its accusing eyes are looking at Kina. "If you'd spend a second thinking, that is."

"Let me be honest: you coming here was stupid. That you did this well was little more than dumb luck. When a fire breaks out, you call the fire station; you don't run to the flames yourself, trying to be a hero." For some inexclicable reason, its gaze now seeks out Sora.

Then, all of a sudden, it whips its head around to look at the horizon. "... oh well. It seems the cavalry's coming either way. Consider yourselves fortunate that I'm not the only one watching your backs." Then the creature blurs, jumping out of sight - the adolescents get the idea of direction, but when their eyes catch up with the point their senses tell the creature should be, it's already moved away.

"Gabi" might be left with the lingering feeling that just before it vanished, the creature looked straight at it. Could it have noticed the Pesquisa?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"And now it's apparently gone" continues Ken, deadpan. "I was going to wake you once all the fighting was over and it had left."

"Don't worry about me. Heal the others first," says Ren to Kazari upon exiting the warehouse and letting go of her hand. "How about starting with her?" He points to Valeria.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-08-26 at 12:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So, uh... that was somethin' that happened." Rex didn't release Shreiender Adler. "Everyone alright? Well, as alright as they can be? 'Cause if we are, I reckon we should get outta here an' meet up somewhere that doesn't have more strangers comin' when we're worn out."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"