New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Ren began walking away with Kazari. "See you later guys. Thanks again!" he called out as he went. "Why don't you like the shrine maiden?" he asked after a while. "Sayaka seemed nice to me."

"Take care!" said Ken with some cheer before likewise leaving with his friends.

@Kasanip:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could you maybe make a post about the kids reaching the shrine and Haruaki greeting them? After responding I was going to have Ken pull Kina away for a chat.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-01 at 09:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Case in point?" Hasunaga chuckles. "You're overthinking, Carmelia. Think of that as her business face - much like your mask. When your job is to tend to other people, it is often best to mask your real feelings, lest they be used against you."
    Carmelia seemed to agree, sitting back in her chair and facing Hasunaga again. "How very true."

After a moment, Rosa shows up with the brownie and ice cream, and what do you know, she's smiling as always. "Here you go. Is there anything else I can get for you?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Manor - Early Afternoon]

After a long walk, mostly due to Val's still-quite-tender leg rendering her unable to sonido, Sora is led to the Abel manor. As many of his classmates, it might be surprising to see just how well-off the family is. However, Val shows no reservations (but a little shame) in inviting Sora in. Luckily for him, it seems Claudia is out of the house at the moment.

Valeria looks around after closing the door. "So, um... Do you mind staying... for a little while, at least?" She blushes slightly, looking away from Sora. "...I'd like to take a shower, so you can make yourself comfortable, right?"

Teenagers really do have a monopoly on awkward moments.

[SWORD HQ]

Meanwhile...

Hiroto is thrown into an empty office. After removing all of his weapons and tools, Nero slits the ziptie around his hands, and sits on the desk, overlooking the angered scientist with a cold void of emotion opposed to burning rage. "I trust you will behave yourself. Until I get word from Agent 00, you will stay here. Agent 88 and 94 will be guarding the door, and if I cannot personally check on you, I will see to it that one of the 0's will. I can ask you to think about what you did, but I know you are far too insane to regret any of it. If it were not for professional courtesy, I would have put a bullet through your head and left you to the creatures you worship. Luck, it would seem, is on your side. Good day." Without hearing a word from the incoherent ramble that is flung his way, Agent 00 leaves the office.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-01 at 10:16 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Carmelia seemed to agree, sitting back in her chair and facing Hasunaga again. "How very true."

After a moment, Rosa shows up with the brownie and ice cream, and what do you know, she's smiling as always. "Here you go. Is there anything else I can get for you?"
    "I could use another one of this delicious mocha. And perhaps some chocolate chip cookies."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Kina silently follows behind Ken and Sayaka.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I could use another one of this delicious mocha. And perhaps some chocolate chip cookies."
    "Yes sir, I will be back with it in just a moment." Rosa soon goes back to the counter, coming back within moments with Hasunaga's order. "Here you go sir! Enjoy." Rosa soon walks away, and back to her job once again.

Carmelia looks down at the brownie in front of her. She noticed one of the patrons eating something like the ice cream portion of the brownie with a spoon, so she takes the fork and knife and sets them on the edges of the plates. Afterwards, she takes the spoon and scoops a bit of the ice cream with it, the ice cream soon disappearing into the hood covering her face.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

After a long walk, finally Kina, Ken, and Sayaka came to the Houheiden shrine. The stairs were unforgiving today for the tired students, but somehow they came to the top.
    Waiting at the top, was Haruaki in his priest's clothes, and his arms crossed. Sayaka flinched when she saw him.

"Good afternoon, father." She said. Haruaki raised an eyebrow.
    "...There was an incident..." Sayaka continued. "There were kidnappings by hollows...so we had to stop them." She tried to explain. Her father sighed.

"You skipped school, Sayaka. I got a call today. Honestly dear, you just started this year and already are becoming a delinquent." He had a sad tone. "What would your mother think, if she knew?" He asked. Sayaka's appearance became hard.
    "I don't know father. She isn't here." She said stiffly. Haruaki stepped forward to embrace her.
    "I don't want you to get hurt." Then he pulled her chin up to look in her eyes.
    "And I don't want you to fail school." He said more lightly. A tone of forgiveness. Sayaka grimaced and nodded.
    "I won't father... Ah, but Kina and Ken are here too... Kina was..." Sayaka stopped. She didn't know if Kina wanted her to say. Haruaki's face became pleasant and he smiled.

"Welcome to Houheiden. It is always a pleasure to meet friends of my daughter. If there is anything you need, please ask."

Kazari
    [With Ren]

Kazari looked at Ren in confusion.
    "Because she's a shrine maiden." She answered. "You know what I am, right?" She asked, lowering her voice a little.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "Yes sir, I will be back with it in just a moment." Rosa soon goes back to the counter, coming back within moments with Hasunaga's order. "Here you go sir! Enjoy." Rosa soon walks away, and back to her job once again.

Carmelia looks down at the brownie in front of her. She noticed one of the patrons eating something like the ice cream portion of the brownie with a spoon, so she takes the fork and knife and sets them on the edges of the plates. Afterwards, she takes the spoon and scoops a bit of the ice cream with it, the ice cream soon disappearing into the hood covering her face.
    Hasunaga quietly and carefully observed Carmelia's reaction to the ice cream. This one was sure to get a big reaction out of her.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

"She wasn't just looking for trouble or helping some strangers. Kaito's parents were taken and so were the siblings of two students from our school. Kina and I along with most of the others you met before decided to help so it's natural that she felt she had to do the same. She was a big help too." He paused. "If you'd excuse me I'd like to talk to Kina for a while in private." Ken turned to her. "Is that alright with you?"

"Of course, but does that really matter? Aren't they supposed to work with spirits as well as against them? The way I see it, it's possible that she'd be the one most likely to accept you for what you are since the others might be less comfortable with the supernatural. Then again, I guess she might be the most likely to discriminate against you as well since they probably don't care what you are as long as you look human while she might be understandly more discerning. The point is, how do you know you won't be able to get along with her if you haven't even tried?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-02 at 12:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

(Didn't he meet Ken and Kina earlier?)

Kina bows to Haruaki. "Thank you, Kondo-san." She returns to standing, stone-faced, holding her hands down in front of her skirt but not touching anything but air.

She looks at Ken with surprise. "Huh? Oh, um... I, um, guess?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken leads her to his room, opens the door and waits for her to enter. Once she does so he closes it. Then he grabs a plain, sleeveless, black shirt from a drawer and puts it on. Afterwards, he walks over to his bed and sits down on it cross-legged. He motions for her to join him. Upon her sitting he speaks. "I'm glad you've got powers of your own. You were really impressive back there."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-02 at 04:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, yeah. It's, um, good." Kina seems awkward in this situation.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would you mind telling me about them?" said Ken casually. He didn't want to accuse Kina of possibly hiding them from him so he decided he'd give her a nice opportunity to come clean if she had.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-02 at 02:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Kina looks away from him. "Yes." There wasn't any hesitation in that one. "I can't... really talk about it."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, I was really hoping you would, but I don't want to pressure you into saying anything you don't feel comfortable sharing. I guess I don't have much to say then. I just want to let you know that you can trust me with anything. You really can. I swear I won't judge you. I never will. If you ever want to talk about something, I'll always be there to listen and if you ever have any problems, just ask and I'll do my best to help you. I know what I just said might sound like a guilt trip to pressure you, but it wasn't meant to be one. I simply really want you to know you can count on me for anything." Ken wasn't expressionless now. He looked and sounded very serious and pained by the fact that he couldn't stress enough how much he truly meant what he said.

(OOC: Ahahahaha, whoops, please just pretend Ken had a shirt on during the entire conversation so far if you don't mind. I meant to write him putting one on in my first post.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-02 at 04:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Abel Manor - Early Afternoon]

After a long walk, mostly due to Val's still-quite-tender leg rendering her unable to sonido, Sora is led to the Abel manor. As many of his classmates, it might be surprising to see just how well-off the family is. However, Val shows no reservations (but a little shame) in inviting Sora in. Luckily for him, it seems Claudia is out of the house at the moment.

Valeria looks around after closing the door. "So, um... Do you mind staying... for a little while, at least?" She blushes slightly, looking away from Sora. "...I'd like to take a shower, so you can make yourself comfortable, right?"

Teenagers really do have a monopoly on awkward moments.
    Sora's not really surprised by large houses, he was raised fairly well before his parents died. It's just that now he has no real source of money, and even snickers a bit at Val's slight shame.

Then she started speaking.

And Sora blushed slightly, and attempted to hide it, his red hair covering one side of his face. "You're not blushing, you're not blushing, you're not blushing..."

"S'fine I guess. I'll be more then comfortable down here. On the couch."

As far away from the shower as physically possible.

"Her hair cascading down her back, steam rising from her skin because of the heat, eyes closed in bliss - SHUT UP BRAIN WE'RE NOT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW"

He turns almost impossibly red, nearly matching his hair color.

"...I should change my hair color again. Matching my hair color is never good for social situations. Especially ones like this.

...Even if it's never going to happen ever again.
    "

He looks away, and moves towards the couch, barely remembering to leave his shoes at the entrance as he does so.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi sits at the table in front of Sora, now back in its gigai, a yellow canary.

"You are red. Did you catch a fever or are you just a dirty boy having dirty thoughts?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #258

He looks up, his mask temporarily dropped. His face is tinged red yet again, and he's stammering.

He actually sounds normal for once.

"W-w-w-what?! D-d-don't be silly bird! I w-w-would never do that!"

Damn that bird.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Two little black dots stare up at Sora, the unspoken words hang in the air.

"Yeah, right."

"Either way, you better get some rest. You will have some pretty long days ahead of you, I will make sure of it."

Thunder echoes in the background, as it starts to rain.

---------

[Elsewhere]

A rift opens, suddenly, not like the slow onset of garganta. Out of it steps a large man in a suit, two swords sheathed by his waist. Behind him follows a much shorter woman with long silver hair.

"And here you are lord Meyers, promptly delivered. Give my regards to mother, will you?"

"Of course m'lady. Where are you going anyway?"

The woman opens an umbrella as rain starts to fall, speaking with a smile.

"I think I am going to buy a watch!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #260

Karite glared back defiantly, although it was lackluster, what with only an eye and a half to glare with and messy hair all around.

...And it was made all the more lackluster by the pink tinting his cheeks.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Manor]

Valeria is in the shower fairly quickly. Claudia had a very strict policy about cleanliness, not to mention the fact that despite her wound was healed, the skin was still stained with blood. Compounded by the fact that she skipped school... Well, she was going to have a lot of explaining to do. But that was the least of her worries. Despite the victory she assisted in, Sayaka's suspicions of Gabi hurt her more than anything. Maybe the shrine maiden was right, maybe hollow's couldn't be trusted.

But what would that mean for Valeria?

Sliding to her knees as she drops a bar of soap, the scared teenager sobs to herself. Every time she helped kill one of those monsters, she felt less and less human... but she couldn't just stop. She cared too much about her friends not to use the gifts she was given. But how long would it be until she was just another monster to kill?

If she did eventually become another monster, what if her friends couldn't kill her?

For some time, she just sits there, sobs drowned out by the running of water.

Sora and Gabi might begin to wonder after half an hour comes and goes...

[Fushichou High - Classroom 1-2]

Another class. Hibiki is still distracted from his teaching by the indicator on his phone. He nearly springs out of class when the large one shows up, but thinks better of it. He resists a sigh of relief through his usual aloof expression as it disappears. Had the kids succeeded? I suppose he would have to find out... For now, though, he shuts the phone, and pulls his attention at least half back to teaching.

I bet I can guess where they'll go...

[Fushichou High - Principal's Office]

The other princess of Hueco Mundo sits on a chair, bored out of her mind. She wasn't sure what to even do...

Then she blinks, as she feels a mental presence that is familiar to her entering another part of the city.

"Big Sis Helena is here.", she announces to her mother.

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix looks up from her extensive budgeting.

...Hrm. Odd feeling. Like some sort of kindred spirit just came to the city.

You never minded your feelings before. ...At least when it didn't come to money.

...Damn straight. Back to work.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka and Haruaki

"Of course." Haruaki says to Ken. When Ken and Kina leave, he hits Sayaka on the head gently with the hand.
    "Ow." Sayaka responds to the punishment, maintaining a sullen expression.

Kazari
    [With Ren]

"No. Spirits are dead. We are alive. Of course she accepts me for what I am. But we are opposing since Abe's time. Not the scandal one." She looked confused by Ren's suggestion. Of course humans are unpredictable.
    "Isn't she your classmate? You should become friends with her. But if you were a junior, of course you should treat your senior with respect. But if the senior bullies you, of course you will become unhappy. So I will avoid by not treating the senior with respect, so if it is a bully, then I can eat freely." She looks satisfied with the logic of a necklace. But to forget that Shrine Maidens cannot easily become eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    (Didn't he meet Ken and Kina earlier?)
    (Yes)
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fusichou High School]

Mayumi continued teaching her last class of the day, half of her attention still on the various reiatsu signatures that indicated the children. Had she made the right choice, letting them go on their own? Surely she could have done something to help them, like asking another Quincy to follow them. Hasunaga-san had been rather hell-bent on them going, but that man seemed...unbalanced, to say the least. He had the distinct impression of a warrior, and warriors were rarely known for logical thought processes in such situations.

When the large Hollow reiatsu appeared, Mayumi's eyes widened and she paused briefly in the middle of a lecture about cell reproduction. When the students gave her odd looks (Very little could actually surprise Yamashiro-sensei, for some reason), she waved her hand and reassured them that she had simply remembered something suddenly about her family. She then continued her lecture as if nothing had happened.

She hoped to see the children in her office soon. She was going out of her mind with worry.

[Agent 09's Laboratory]

Vincent stood in front of an immense, circular machine, looking rather like a giant bubble wand due to the shimmering light flowing around the inside of the circle. He walked around the machine, checking a few dials, reading some meters, and writing indecipherable notes on a clipboard. After a few inscrutable tests, he stretched out his arm, his hand passing through the middle of the circle.

It didn't come out the other side.

Instead, Vincent's hand simply vanished into the light, becoming nonexistent from the elbow down. In this realm, at least. After a few seconds, he pulled his hand back, but with something in it. At first glance, it seemed to just be sand that fell from his outstretched fingers onto the silver-tinted floor beneath him as the light in the circle faded, the machine powering down. But Vincent knew that it was different. This wasn't sand at all; it was pure reiryoku, condensed and solidified into physical form. It was the building block of an entire realm, the starting point of entire species.

It was the sand of Hueco Mundo.

And it proved that his machine worked.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

[Principal's Office]

Reene turns to Carina with a smile.

"Is that so, dear? I do believe she is not alone then, correct?"

----

[Abel Household]

Alas, Gabi does not react to the overextended bath.

Nothing to do with the fact that Reene retracted the majority of her consciousness, leaving the bird with only some sapience, enough to call its mother's attention back, mostly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, I was really hoping you would, but I don't want to pressure you into saying anything you don't feel comfortable sharing. I guess I don't have much to say then. I just want to let you know that you can trust me with anything. You really can. I swear I won't judge you. I never will. If you ever want to talk about something, I'll always be there to listen and if you ever have any problems, just ask and I'll do my best to help you. I know what I just said might sound like a guilt trip to pressure you, but it wasn't meant to be one. I simply really want you to know you can count on me for anything." Ken wasn't expressionless now. He looked and sounded very serious and pained by the fact that he couldn't stress enough how much he truly meant what he said.

(OOC: Ahahahaha, whoops, please just pretend Ken had a shirt on during the entire conversation so far if you don't mind. I meant to write him putting one on in my first post.)
    "Thanks, Ken. I, um, appreciate it. Really." Kina smiles at him, then stands up. "Shall we go?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken stood and remained serious. "Not just yet. I want to improve our relationship to the point where you feel like you can talk about it. Since I want you to feel like you can tell me anything I think it's only fair that I should be open with you, so feel free to ask me any questions you want, any questions at all. Also, go ahead and make any requests of me since I want to help you out in general."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-03 at 01:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay. Um." Kina loses her train of thought for a moment. "You, uh, do realize... you can't just force that, right?" She stares into space as she continues. "Friendship won't, like, just come to you. And I'm not gonna just trust you. You can't just say "Trust me" just like that and expect me to go "Okay!" I mean, look at the situation. Ken, as much as I think you care... you don't always make it seem that way. And I dunno. I don't think just wanting it is enough. If it were, I'd have a lot more than I do. There's an extra part that you don't have. There's part that I don't have too, which is, um, why I can't talk about this with you. So can you let this go for now?" Kina looks him in the eyes seriously.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken stared straight back into Kina's eyes and spoke calmly. "That's not what I meant at all. I have dropped the issue. I just wanted to make you feel you could ask anything of me and to encourage you to do so. I hoped that you taking me up on my offer would improve our relationship in general and bring you closer to one day feeling you could trust me enough to talk about whatever it is you don't want to talk about. I'm sorry things came out the wrong way. Please, ask whatever you'd like."

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kazari
    [With Ren]
    Spoiler
    Show

"No. Spirits are dead. We are alive. Of course she accepts me for what I am. But we are opposing since Abe's time. Not the scandal one." She looked confused by Ren's suggestion. Of course humans are unpredictable.
    "Isn't she your classmate? You should become friends with her. But if you were a junior, of course you should treat your senior with respect. But if the senior bullies you, of course you will become unhappy. So I will avoid by not treating the senior with respect, so if it is a bully, then I can eat freely." She looks satisfied with the logic of a necklace. But to forget that Shrine Maidens cannot easily become eaten.
    "When I said spirits I meant the supernatural in general. Anyway, are you saying you'd actually eat her if she bullied either of us?" Ren asked incredulously.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-03 at 10:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, I don't really trust myself to talk about it. So I can't talk about it with you." Kina motions toward the exit to the room. "Can we get back to the others?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, but come on, is there really nothing you'd like to ask me? I don't want you tell me anything, I just want to know if there's anything you'd like me to tell you or do for you. Y'know, other than end this awkward conversation we're having."